The Official Jameis Winston Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Mod LV

Re: The Official 2021 Jameis Winston Thread

Post by Mod LV »

I'm gonna allow this. But please don't put me in a spot.

-LV
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Skyrimownsall wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:32 pm
racism in the nfl as it pertains to FULLY black qbs is nothing new. They wants us too be runners, its why i dont see the ravens ever firing greg roman and hiring a real offensive coordinator for lamar, as long as lamar keeps running around and not throwing for a lot of yards then he is safe. Deshaun watson led the league in passing yards in 2020 after losing his best weapon. They had hopkins traded because they throught it would make watson hold the ball longer and take off and run more. They were wrong, so now they are punishing watson by sitting him out of false claims
Alright I will bite. When Lamar was drafted it was at the end of the 1st round. He was considered a development QB with high upside. Baltimore took him there because they wanted the 5 years when he wasn't projected 1st round. Harbaugh then decided to make a run first offense. They are 31-8 with Lamar starting. If you are winning 4 out of 5 times, why change it in the first place. However, Harbaugh and the Ravens wanted to change tactics this year.

"The Baltimore Ravens swung and missed yet again this offseason. For at least the second time, Baltimore made a compelling offer to a free-agent wide receiver and was turned down. First, it was JuJu Smith-Schuster and this time it’s T.Y. Hilton." -USA Today

They didn't get their targets so they drafted one with their first pick and 4th round pick. They also drafted 2 WRs last draft. What is more likely, they are wanting him to have better receivers to be able to pass better, or they wanted these wide receivers to just block for Lamar?
0-26 Survivor

Post by 0-26 Survivor »

I dunno……that Doug Williams cat was pretty cool….as well as that Randall Cunningham fella….and even that McNabb dude….
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Bridgewater has some nice weapons in Denver.
Snake

Post by Snake »

BJJ34 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:54 pm Bridgewater has some nice weapons in Denver.
Yep. Jeudy and Fant should be players for a very long time.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Misread
Last edited by kaimaru on Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:09 pm This discussion sucks. I'm curious as to why so few actually try to at least debate the topic, but you guys come out very aggressively when race is brought up? That's interesting to me.
Oh Bootz, I am. I am just late to the show. Busy this weekend.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Skyrimownsall wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:29 pm
Rocker wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:26 pm I love a good conspiracy theory.
not a conspiracy if its true

the nfl cant do these younger fully black qbs like they did warren moon in the 80's and 90's, but they can create fake stories to have them sidelined to keep their passing numbers in a state of flux. Watson, and Winston were throwing for too many yards too fast, so they had to sit both of them down by any means neccessary

why did the saints not go after any real weapons in the offseason, why not trade for brandon cooks or sign josh gordon. The nfl is a business, and they are not gonna let these black qbs come out change the narrative. Watch if justin fields( who is also fully black) decides he wants to throw from the pocket instead of run around and be "exciting" watch at how some story comes out to destroy his name
Skyrimownall,

Racism is completely real. However, that doesn’t make it the answer to all questions that are presented. Nor it is necessarily the reason that Winston is treated the way he is. But what I want to say to you sincerely from my heart is that I am so so sorry that you have been so deeply wounded that it feels so true to you that that is what IS happening. And while none of us who are melanin deficient can know exactly the perspective you live in, I would invite you to simply entertain that not every action against every person of color is about the color. Some is and some isn’t and because of our own imprinted history we often cannot tell what are our wounds being projected and what is the truth about the situation and THIS is because our wounds ALWAYS go down screaming they’re the truth.
I said what I said

kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:17 pm This is 100% a lose-lose discussion. One side saying this and that happened because of racism. The other side saying racism isn't in the. NFL. This discussion isn't going to be solved today. There's truth and lies to both points of view. Just let it go.
Racism won't be solved today. Not in my lifetime. It's politicians on both sides. The problem is that we could have had more progressive president, but in the end people decided to go with the safe candidate.

I am certain there are people in the front offices and owners that are racist. I don't doubt that. But there are some owners we know love their ex-players regardless of race. The conspiracy theory that Goodell and the owners want to keep black QBs that are TOO black from succeeding as a passer is ridiculous. Do you know why they are drafting all these dual threat QBs? Because they have more success early because they can run the ball, and if the team is drafting in the top 5, I can promise they probably need more weapons or better linemen or both. A dual threat QB is their best chance to win NOW. Are the coaches in cahoots saying "yeah make him run more, I would rather lose my some games and lose job than make sure he leads the league in passing."
nybf

Post by nybf »

Skyrimownsall wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:29 pm
nybf wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:25 pm Five Mods and an Admin, and all that is happened in this thread is Outsider being threatened with a ban.

Truly captivating stuff.
nobody likes the truth

if you go on twitter right now, and type jameis winston in the search bar and click "latest" you will see nothing but white people trashing winston, as if zach wilson, trevor lawrence, and matt ryan didnt suck last week
if you go on twitter right now, and type jameis winston in the search bar and chug a pint of bleach, you won't have to worry about it anymore.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:23 pm
The Outsider wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:18 pm

I'm still waiting on those consequences you keep talking about buddy.

Oh wait, you're a fake internet tough guy. See, I'm a grown ass man. I don't get in to fights over message board shit but who I am and where I live is information you can probably find if you have half of a brain (doubtful). You're welcome to seek me out if you're that compelled to defend your honor but I will warn you that I have no intention of engaging you in any sort of fisticuffs. You lied about some information that is easily verifiable via public information and all I ever did was call you out on your shit. No one ever contacted your family, no one harassed you anywhere but BucZone. You brought all of this on to yourself and on top of that you just keep making shit up because for whatever reason this forum (in it's many iterations) and your persona on it are so fucking important to you that you'll say anything to stay relevant.
Why would you even think I'd want to fight you? Afraid? I just want to talk. I want you to say all that shit to my face instead of from the comfort of your PC/Mac/Laptop/Ipad whatever you use. Keep lying to cover up your actions. Again, you think shit didn't happen, ask your fearless leader who you believe "went AWOL". I shouldn't be so important to you for you or anyone to look me or my family up but since I am I see no reason why you wouldn't want to discuss this in person.
I can make screenshots of the messages from Yahoo! Fantasy Football of you trying to get me to come fight you and post them here if you'd like.

As for our "fearless leader", whatever that's supposed to mean, WI (the Admin over there) didn't drop off the map until years after you were outed as a fraud. So please, just stop pretending you're a badass with any modicum of power when we all know the truth.

I'd also like to point out that literally nothing that occurred during that point in time was illegal or really even the type of shit one could sue for if they did have the means to carry out frivolous lawsuits (spoiler alert: you don't).
Last edited by The Outsider on Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

Babeinbucland wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:14 pm
Skyrimownsall wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:29 pm

not a conspiracy if its true

the nfl cant do these younger fully black qbs like they did warren moon in the 80's and 90's, but they can create fake stories to have them sidelined to keep their passing numbers in a state of flux. Watson, and Winston were throwing for too many yards too fast, so they had to sit both of them down by any means neccessary

why did the saints not go after any real weapons in the offseason, why not trade for brandon cooks or sign josh gordon. The nfl is a business, and they are not gonna let these black qbs come out change the narrative. Watch if justin fields( who is also fully black) decides he wants to throw from the pocket instead of run around and be "exciting" watch at how some story comes out to destroy his name
Skyrimownall,

Racism is completely real. However, that doesn’t make it the answer to all questions that are presented. Nor it is necessarily the reason that Winston is treated the way he is. But what I want to say to you sincerely from my heart is that I am so so sorry that you have been so deeply wounded that it feels so true to you that that is what IS happening. And while none of us who are melanin deficient can know exactly the perspective you live in, I would invite you to simply entertain that not every action against every person of color is about the color. Some is and some isn’t and because of our own imprinted history we often cannot tell what are our wounds being projected and what is the truth about the situation and THIS is because our wounds ALWAYS go down screaming they’re the truth.
babe, your HR department is very proud of you.

“melanin deficient” and “imprinted history” lol wtf?
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Skyrimownsall wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:45 pm
Pirate Life wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:33 pm

You obviously aren’t paying attention then. He’s 10th in yards this season and tied for 9th in yards per attempt. He’s a full ten spots higher than Winston in both stats. If the Broncos only wanted a ‘bridge’ to their next white QB, they could have stuck with Bridgewater’s backup, Lock. And saved money.

For his career, Bridgewater has a higher completion percentage, passer rating and interception percentage. His air yards per attempt are .1 less than Winston’s. Oh, and by all accounts Bridgewater’s teammates in the pros love him. Can’t say that about Winston’s. Bridgewater also put up his stats predominately playing for run-first offenses like Zimmer’s in Minnesota.

You’ve got to do better for your narrative.

Warren Moon being in the HoF doesn't help it either, Russell Wilson still out there being a throw-first QB also.
Bridgewater has never thrown for more 17 tds and has never passed for 4,000 yards in a season. He ain’t a threat
You missed the part where he has predominately played in run-first offenses. Zimmer in Minnesota wanted to just hand the ball off to Peterson all the time. His second leading receiver was his running back.

Winston is not universally loved by his teammates the way Bridgewater is. When Bridgewater was injured in preseason before his third season, the entire team was distraught. Hell, even Vegas had the Vikings as one of the Super Bowl favorites before the injury. Odds shifted ten points after Bridgewater went down. They don't do that for an injury to a player they don't think is going to be a threat.

Hell, NFL defensive players in a 2019 survey picked Winston as the third most overrated QB in the league behind Cousins and Eli.

Winston was chosen second behind Cam as the QB you would want least in your own locker room. Winston tied with Big Ben.

The same survey had Bridgewater as a backup that should be starting.

So, when given a chance to speak anonymously, NFL players stated they think Winston is one of the most overrated QB and someone they don't want in their locker room - mind you this was before the 2019 season and the 30 interceptions.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Rocker wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:50 pm
nybf wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:25 pm Five Mods and an Admin, and all that is happened in this thread is Outsider being threatened with a ban.

Truly captivating stuff.
And not a single reported post.

The mods are a PM away.
I guess all the "eliminate the toxicity" and "kinder gentler message board" was mostly pearl clutching. Guess the only person who really cared was bootz reporting Outsider.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

13F11B wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:19 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:09 pm This discussion sucks. I'm curious as to why so few actually try to at least debate the topic, but you guys come out very aggressively when race is brought up? That's interesting to me.
Really?!? You wonder why when someone makes a clearly stupid offensive statement people come out aggressive?

Winston does not suck. He is just inconsistent. If he can string together a series of good games he could light the NFL on fire. He seems football smart, has a good arm, decent pocket movement. He just makes BONE HEAD decisions at the WORST possible time in a game too often.
This. Winston didn't suck. Why would he have started him for FIVE years if he always sucked. The first 4 years he was told protect the ball, protect the ball, protect the ball. He had some excellent games. Won games in the 4th quarter. He had 58 picks in 56 games. Bad but not horrible. Then Arians came in and said "chuck it," and he did. Nearly doubled his interception rate. If he could have kept it a 1 a game, he would probably still be here.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Skyrimownsall wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:28 pm
vivalaReagan wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:14 pm

the bucs fired lovie because he sucked at coaching and drafting QBs. if the bucs were so racist, why did they hire him in the first place?

lovie was 8-24 and finished last in the nfc south both years. the white guy before him was 11-21 and last in the nfc south both years and he was fired after two years as well. i guess it’s possible that schiano wasn’t FULLY white, which explains his short tenure.
the bucs went 6-10 in winstons first season here, that was an improvement from what they were the previous season. Also winston was in contention for rookie of the year with todd gurley. Winston played well with lovie, so why was he quickly jetisoned.
How about starting 5-5 in your second season as a defensive minded coach. Losing 5 out of the last 6. The team looking lost and lethargic the last quarter. They wanted a more offensive minded coach to help Winston progress. Also if your narrative is true, then why did Koetter let Winston pass so much? 4000+ yards his first two years. Are you saying Arians is a racist, and had Jameis throw so much so everyone would say "see that's why you don't let black QBs throw?" And Payton is doing that too, trying to keep Jameis down?
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Skyrimownsall wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:29 pm

Truly captivating stuff.
nobody likes the truth

if you go on twitter right now, and type jameis winston in the search bar and click "latest" you will see nothing but white people trashing winston, as if zach wilson, trevor lawrence, and matt ryan didnt suck last week
Matt Ryan sucked last week. Great defensive plays caused the late ints. TLaw and Zach sucked both weeks.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:57 pm
kaimaru wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:53 pm

As a fan, you are saying you're the only one objective about our current and former players?

As for the truth. Barrett, on a Monday after the NFL award ceremony, appeared on the NFL Network. It's incredibly hard to find old clips on NFL Network shows. This is the exact quote I posted in an old forum. There was no quantifying in his statements.

"The shade comment was on NFL Total Access. He was interviewed right after the season congratulating him on being the leader in sacks. They said if you were the GM. What position would he use our #1 pick to “best improve the team.” He said QB. The interviewer paused and tried to give Shaq a save by saying “No one on defense? You don’t want to change your mind?” and he said no, QB. If that isn’t a slam I don’t know what is.

Then in the the other interviews he said things like Winston’s "turnovers were demoralizing." The "worst was game ending pick-sixes." And that "you wondered what he was thinking on some plays." All three of the ones I listened to, yeah he was definitely critical of Winston. He would always conclude with that he "would love to have Jamies back." Sure you do Shaq."
-TCB2W Apr. 17, 2020 at 6:49 pm

I know what I heard so don't try to act like I am twisting the narrative.
Leaving out the part where he said QB even if Brady is signed, huh. Note taken. Not sure why you wasted time with more half-truths.
Listen, this was a full 4 DAYS before the other interview. And I promise, Brady was NEVER mentioned. Continue to make up bullshit narratives. Again I remember what I heard.
MOD TB12

Post by MOD TB12 »

Skyrimownsall wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:21 pm
Primeminister wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:14 pm

GTFOH with that baseless bullshit. If you feel like sucking Jameis’ dick please do so quietly.
its racism bro, i support deshaun watson, cam newton, lamar jackson and pretty much any other talented fully black signal caller. I see how they are treated by the nfl media. Winston is being set up to fail, and im sick of this shit. If im deshaun watson i retire, because as soon as he comes back they are gonna put him on a team that sucks, so that he cant throw for a lot of yards.

Winston when he got to the saints, had the 4th highest career yards passing per game in nfl history. Now he is 16th, their is some kind of group effort amond the saints brass to try and lower his career stats. They need to go out an sign josh gordon, they do not have a deep threat at all. Back 2 back under 160 yards passing has never been winstons imo. The saints i believe are setting jameis up to fail, so that they can justify inserting taysom hill( who i think is who they wanted to win the job this whole time)
You’re done. You’ve made it clear you aren’t a fan of this team and are only here to troll using race. Go to Reddit or some other site to get your conspiracy rocks off. We won’t miss you.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Snake wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:09 pm Image
Another gif that I’m keeping. This will come in handy sometime.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:18 pm
Snake wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:09 pm Image
Another gif that I’m keeping. This will come in handy sometime.
Stealing gifs?

BucFanClw

Post by BucFanClw »

I'm assuming he'll re-register under the name "Fully Black".
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:32 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:23 pm

Why would you even think I'd want to fight you? Afraid? I just want to talk. I want you to say all that shit to my face instead of from the comfort of your PC/Mac/Laptop/Ipad whatever you use. Keep lying to cover up your actions. Again, you think shit didn't happen, ask your fearless leader who you believe "went AWOL". I shouldn't be so important to you for you or anyone to look me or my family up but since I am I see no reason why you wouldn't want to discuss this in person.
I can make screenshots of the messages from Yahoo! Fantasy Football of you trying to get me to come fight you and post them here if you'd like.

As for our "fearless leader", whatever that's supposed to mean, WI (the Admin over there) didn't drop off the map until years after you were outed as a fraud. So please, just stop pretending you're a badass with any modicum of power when we all know the truth.

I'd also like to point out that literally nothing that occurred during that point in time was illegal or really even the type of shit one could sue for if they did have the means to carry out frivolous lawsuits (spoiler alert: you don't).
………….@PetePierson I know damn well you’re not afraid of this MF. Don’t buy it for 1 minute. And please post it. I know what I said. So do others here. They were there. You’re not exactly holding on to the Zapruder tapes.
Lordnlkon

Post by Lordnlkon »

I don’t care if our QB is green. I just want him to play winning football.
MCMLXXVI

Post by MCMLXXVI »

Keep it on topic or take it to PMs.
SaggyBallZ

Post by SaggyBallZ »

MOD TB12 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:56 pm
Skyrimownsall wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:21 pm

its racism bro, i support deshaun watson, cam newton, lamar jackson and pretty much any other talented fully black signal caller. I see how they are treated by the nfl media. Winston is being set up to fail, and im sick of this shit. If im deshaun watson i retire, because as soon as he comes back they are gonna put him on a team that sucks, so that he cant throw for a lot of yards.

Winston when he got to the saints, had the 4th highest career yards passing per game in nfl history. Now he is 16th, their is some kind of group effort amond the saints brass to try and lower his career stats. They need to go out an sign josh gordon, they do not have a deep threat at all. Back 2 back under 160 yards passing has never been winstons imo. The saints i believe are setting jameis up to fail, so that they can justify inserting taysom hill( who i think is who they wanted to win the job this whole time)
You’re done. You’ve made it clear you aren’t a fan of this team and are only here to troll using race. Go to Reddit or some other site to get your conspiracy rocks off. We won’t miss you.

Did you really ban the guy?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Hopefully
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

SaggyBallZ wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:56 pm
MOD TB12 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:56 pm

Cancel culture is the new slap bracelets. Where the fuck have you been?
0-26 Survivor

Post by 0-26 Survivor »

(Best I could do….

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]
SaggyBallZ

Post by SaggyBallZ »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:05 pm
SaggyBallZ wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:56 pm

I have found this thread quite entertaining. The dude is a jackass but he isn’t spamming the boards or anything like that. It’s all contained in this thread. He’s not even the biggest jackass in the thread. Whole lot of butt hurt in this one

It’s all fucking funny
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

SaggyBallZ wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:20 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:05 pm

I have found this thread quite entertaining. The dude is a jackass but he isn’t spamming the boards or anything like that. It’s all contained in this thread. He’s not even the biggest jackass in the thread. Whole lot of butt hurt in this one

It’s all fucking funny
But he's saying things people don't want to hear and he's not responding to arguments.

That's totally unacceptable.

I think it all comes down to the melanin deficiency that many are suffering from...hopefully there's a shot for that.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Seriously, though.

Most of us are grown ups and can make fun of idiots just fine. Banning him only creates more potential idiots who think their form of ignorance is groundbreaking.

Let them see that others find that line of thought ridiculous and let them parse their way through it...or let them be ignored.

My 2 cents.
Dread

Post by Dread »

We still just send people to the Time-Out dungeon?
nybf

Post by nybf »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:26 pm Banning him only creates more potential idiots who think their form of ignorance is groundbreaking.
That sure is a take...