Rapid Reactions: Buccaneers loss to the Panthers

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
BucFanClw

Re: Rapid Reactions: Buccaneers loss to the Panthers

Post by BucFanClw »

We are a bad football team. That's really all there is to say.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

So the jets weren’t the problem, Todd is just a horrible excuse of a hc.

“Essentially, ownership placed the blame on Bowles, who went 24-40 in four seasons, including 21 losses in his past 27 games. “

Also this quote from Bowles when with the jets lmao.."We just haven't gotten it done," Bowles said last week. "We haven't been able to put it together." Sound familiar?

How we’re playing this season isnt just missing a few players. Ofc it doesn’t help but there’s clearly much much more to it.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Heisenberg wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:36 pm So the jets weren’t the problem, Todd is just a horrible excuse of a hc.

“Essentially, ownership placed the blame on Bowles, who went 24-40 in four seasons, including 21 losses in his past 27 games. “
Oh so that's why the Jets are 15-38 since Bowles was fired. Because he's a horrible excuse of an HC. Got it.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:41 pm
Heisenberg wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:36 pm So the jets weren’t the problem, Todd is just a horrible excuse of a hc.

Oh so that's why the Jets are 15-38 since Bowles was fired. Because he's a horrible excuse of an HC. Got it.
Defending Bowles after the last 2 weeks 🤣😭. They both suck
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Heisenberg wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:43 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:41 pm

Defending the Jets after 3+ years since Bowles departure......
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:25 pm
acmillis wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:24 pm The defense is still very good. This offense is horrendous, which is tough to stomach. The sad thing is, we’re not turning the ball over, so it’s tough to say that a Brady/Evans/Godwin led team is soooo piss poor.
They gave up 21 points... to the worst offense in the league.
Three straight games without a turnover, horrible run defense and horrible on 3rd downs. They aren’t necessarily horrible as a unit but they don’t deserve praise for anything right now either.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Last three games we are dead even in turnover differential. 0/0
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:44 pm
Heisenberg wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:43 pm

The jets sucked before Bowles and after. I clearly wasn’t being 100% serious on that part. But you’re seriously still defending a joke of a coach after these games.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Heisenberg wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:46 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:44 pm

The jets sucked before Bowles and after. I clearly wasn’t being 100% serious on that part. But you’re seriously still defending a joke of a coach after these games.
I didn't defend anyone. Just blew up your absolutely ridiculous post saying "so the Jets weren't the problem". And you basically confirmed you were trolling. Thanks for doing the dirty work.

We move on.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:48 pm
Heisenberg wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:46 pm
I didn't defend anyone. Just blew up your absolutely ridiculous post saying "so the Jets weren't the problem". And you basically confirmed you were trolling. Thanks for doing the dirty work.

We move on.
Bowles sucks
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Yikes
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

Sickening! Lot of blame to go around, yes Bowles is part of the problem but he is certainly not alone.

This feels like a locker room issue to me, too many people are playing poorly.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

Wut. Yep having some older players is why we’re running pitches with Lenny on 4th downs and throwing 30 yard bombs on 3rd and 2, while converting like 10% of our 3rd downs and letting PJ walker complete a dozen straight passes with 12 yards of grass between their receivers and our guys every play.
Patrick McIrish

One thing for sure Brady did not buy in with the new HC. He didn't then, he isn't now, he never will.

He's pouting again and has been doing it all year since the contract fiasco.

And as the new HC you need GOATS to buy in, if they don't no one will.

Everyone saw the 11 days off during camp. Everyone saw the wedding, everyone saw him blowing off the walk-through.

Our QB, the GOAT is not being part of the solution, he's a BIG piece of the problem with what is going on.

Now would Bowles have sucked anyway? Possibly. But in this situation Brady has really put him behind the 8-ball IMO.

And fuck you BA, there's several reasons departing HC's don't name their replacement.

They have no idea who's available, how good they are and as what happened here they are going to go with their own guy, their friend.

And fuck you Licht for allowing it to happen. You are the most overrated GM in the NFL.

Sickening!
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

BucsNBills wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:58 pm

Yikes
Bowles throwing dudes under the buss other than himself. He is the problem and that proves it.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

BucsNBills wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:58 pm

Yikes
I said this in Ich's post last week, the wheels are coming off and this is going to end ugly. Someone is losing their job after Thursday, it's either the HC, OC, or our starting QB.
Patrick McIrish

Brady to me looked that way on the field, at times it appeared he didn't really give a fuck.

He killed a ton of ants. It was obvious he isn't going to risk getting hurt if he has a chance to give up on a play.

He SUCKED today, hard to believe someone said he played well?? WTF are you watching?

Of course everyone sucked for the most part. And that's kind of the point.....

Can't say Bowles has lost the locker room, he never had it.

Either way that fact seems to be playing it's way out on the field each week.

I fear this isn't a cut a guy here or there problem, this is a whole new do-over that is going to be needed.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Patrick McIrish wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:08 pm One thing for sure Brady did not buy in with the new HC. He didn't then, he isn't now, he never will.

He's pouting again and has been doing it all year since the contract fiasco.

And as the new HC you need GOATS to buy in, if they don't no one will.

Everyone saw the 11 days off during camp. Everyone saw the wedding, everyone saw him blowing off the walk-through.

Our QB, the GOAT is not being part of the solution, he's a BIG piece of the problem with what is going on.

Now would Bowles have sucked anyway? Possibly. But in this situation Brady has really put him behind the 8-ball IMO.

And fuck you BA, there's several reasons departing HC's don't name their replacement.

They have no idea who's available, how good they are and as what happened here they are going to go with their own guy, their friend.

And fuck you Licht for allowing it to happen. You are the most overrated GM in the NFL.

Sickening!
Yeap, this it a top to bottom failure of the franchise.

Started with Licht spending a 2nd round pick on a third string QB and it's be downhill ever since.

Brady isn't there mentally and it shows. Don't think he's physically washed but mentally he's barely present.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

Brady can go too. He’s clearly not bringing it all on game day. He’s not in it. Also Had 3 dropped ints today. Yells at everyone around him when he’s leading the charge of suckage player wise himself. But it’s clearly above Brady as well. A team isn’t this bad in all areas week in and week out without the coaches being a part of the problem. With this talent, even a half retired Brady led team should still see more than a fg vs this team today. And if Brady is really that much of an issue, be a coach and do something about it.
Max

Post by Max »

Why is Todd Bowles still the head football coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I don't see a single person on the Buccaneers coaching staff I would elevate to interim head coach.
Patrick McIrish

I doubt they are going to fire him before the end of the season no matter what happens.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

BucsNBills wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:05 pm @Nobody gonna be like Nick Cage in 8mm this week when reviewing the game tape

Consulted the Magic Eight Ball for the chances that I review this tape (or likely anymore tape for this team):

"Outlook not so good"
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Patrick McIrish wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:18 pm I doubt they are going to fire him before the end of the season no matter what happens.
Welcome to 3-14.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Is this a good QB class coming up?
Patrick McIrish

13F11B wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:19 pm
Patrick McIrish wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:18 pm I doubt they are going to fire him before the end of the season no matter what happens.
Welcome to 3-14.
We'll win some games for the simple fact other "stars" have quit and for sure there are a few other bad coaching staffs around.

Others will join us in the IDFAG role, we were just first one's in.

We will win 7 games or so on talent alone.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

13F11B wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:18 pm I don't see a single person on the Buccaneers coaching staff I would elevate to interim head coach.
Can it honestly get much worse than today with whoever it is? Long as it isn’t lefty lol. Tho I really doubt we do anything mid season. Unless we lose like this for the next few games then maybe they’d be forced to do something. But Bowles and lefty clearly aren’t the answer.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Welcome to 3-14.
Are you calling it now?
Last edited by King Bootz on Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

We have only scored three first half touchdowns through seven games. We were favored to win both of our last two games by over ten points and lost them both.

And yet, the Bucs have the greatest quarterback of all time throwing to a pair of Pro Bowl talents at receiver. We have enviable young talent at all levels of our defense. Six of our eight Pro Bowlers from last year suited up in the game today, which I needn't remind anyone was an embarrassing loss to a team of Brian Burns, DJ Moore, and a bunch of JAGs.

I highly doubt that our talented core of players has suddenly forgotten how to play football.
In short, the personnel aren't the issue.

I think we need to fire Byron Leftwich and promote Clyde Christensen to OC as a starting point. More firings may ensue shortly.

Will it improve our team on the field, maybe or maybe not. But it will be a shred of accountability for poor performance, of which we currently have none. I've said it before under numerous other bad regimes; if a student fails a test, that's on the student, but if the whole class is failing then you need to look at the teacher.

Our whole team is failing right now, in Tom Brady's final year. The chances of us making the playoffs have dropped below 50% for the first time this season, and if we continue down this path we are going to be picking in the top ten.

Drastic changes require drastic change. Start with Leftwich and move forward from there.
Max

Post by Max »

13F11B wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:18 pm I don't see a single person on the Buccaneers coaching staff I would elevate to interim head coach.
I'd take Urban Meyer over Bowles.

Or any person without functional down syndrome, for that matter.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Welcome to 3-14.
Getting the #1 pick wouldn’t suck.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Cheb wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:24 pm We have only scored three first half touchdowns through seven games. We were favored to win both of our last two games by over ten points and lost them both.

And yet, the Bucs have the greatest quarterback of all time throwing to a pair of Pro Bowl talents at receiver. We have enviable young talent at all levels of our defense. Six of our eight Pro Bowlers from last year suited up in the game today, which I needn't remind anyone was an embarrassing loss to a team of Brian Burns, DJ Moore, and a bunch of JAGs.

I highly doubt that our talented core of players has suddenly forgotten how to play football.
In short, the personnel aren't the issue.

I think we need to fire Byron Leftwich and promote Clyde Christensen to OC as a starting point. More firings may ensue shortly.

Will it improve our team on the field, maybe or maybe not. But it will be a shred of accountability for poor performance, of which we currently have none. I've said it before under numerous other bad regimes; if a student fails a test, that's on the student, but if the whole class is failing then you need to look at the teacher.

Our whole team is failing right now, in Tom Brady's final year. The chances of us making the playoffs have dropped below 50% for the first time this season, and if we continue down this path we are going to be picking in the top ten.

Drastic changes require drastic change. Start with Leftwich and move forward from there.
Best I can do is a 30 yard pass on 3rd and 2.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Max wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:24 pm
I'd take Urban Meyer over Bowles.

Or any person without functional down syndrome, for that matter.
I did not see him on the Buccaneers staff. Is he couch surfing?
Patrick McIrish

Not laying this at Brady's feet, it's the job of the coaching staff to have everyone buy in, especially a brand new staff.

He has not been able to get there with Tom, not even close. But for sure Brady is part of this problem.

Brady has disrespected him, challenged him, and pretty much took advantage of this situation.

Just like Tom's first years here when he raised everyone's play he is doing the opposite this year IMO.

Guys that played with him said he would NEVER have done things like he is doing this year. NEVER.

If he had he wouldn't be the GOAT.

At 45 you can't half-ass your way and continue to be one of the best QB's in the game.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

If the 49ers call and offer one of their 3rd round picks for Brady, do we take it?