Rapid Reactions Week 15: Bucs lose 9-0 vs Saints

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Nano

Re: Rapid Reactions Week 15: Bucs lose 9-0 vs Saints

Post by Nano »

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:40 pm It's sad when a forfeit would yield a better result than playing the game.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:38 pm
Primeminister wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:37 pm

I feel 100% confident that if Brady were kept upright he would have made that bullshit WR corps work. But with the OL playing like shit there was no chance.
That’s the reason I don’t believe AB would’ve made a difference. You can’t protect the QB, it don’t matter who he’s throwing to.
Same here. We have, rightfully, given the OL credit all season. Tonight they deserve nearly all the blame. Sometimes I think people can get caught up in the weapons without realizing those weapons don’t mean a Gotdamn thing if the OL can’t hold up.

This truth should be very clear to Bucs fans since we used the same reality to beat the Chiefs. The chiefs had all the weapons, but Mahommes had no time and therefore they lost.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:42 pm
ATrain wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:40 pm It's sad when a forfeit would yield a better result than playing the game.
A forfeit would keep that abomination of a game from being inflicted upon innocent viewers and we wouldn't have lost a bunch of key players to injury

A forfeit would be objectively better.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

ATrain wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:39 pm
Primeminister wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:35 pm

If you weren’t a complete troll we could have a fun debate.
How am I trolling? Brady had weapons. He had more to work with even after the injuries than Hill did and he was able to at least score 9 points

It's not even close to being all on Brady because Arians and Leftwich are prohibitively bad but Brady doesn't get left off the hook here.

He's supposed to be the league MVP and he just got shutout.
Buddy, you ARE a troll. Not just current actions. I don’t mind a good troll every so often, but your act got boring a while back even before the name change. It’s too bad because sometimes you make a decent point.

Anyways knock yourself out with debating someone else.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Special Teams got outplayed tonight.

9 punts by the Saints. Bucs had a 5.9yd return average

Bucs punt coverage gives up 34yd punt return to flip field position for their 2nd FG to make it 6-0.

Missed 45yd FG by Succup after a -6yd sack on 3rd down that would've cut it to 6-3 w/ 6min left in the 1st half.

Oline and Special Teams sucked tonight
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:45 pm

That’s the reason I don’t believe AB would’ve made a difference. You can’t protect the QB, it don’t matter who he’s throwing to.
Same here. We have, rightfully, given the OL credit all season. Tonight they deserve nearly all the blame. Sometimes I think people can get caught up in the weapons without realizing those weapons don’t mean a Gotdamn thing if the OL can’t hold up.

This truth should be very clear to Bucs fans since we used the same reality to beat the Chiefs. The chiefs had all the weapons, but Mahommes had no time and therefore they lost.
Yep. Football is won and lose in the trenches. This has been true since the game was invented. No way around it. We weren't winning that game being a finesse passing team.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:52 pm Special Teams got outplayed tonight.

9 punts by the Saints. Bucs had a 5.9yd return average

Bucs punt coverage gives up 34yd punt return to flip field position for their 2nd FG to make it 6-0.

Missed 45yd FG by Succup after a -6yd sack on 3rd down that would've cut it to 6-3 w/ 6min left in the 1st half.

Oline and Special Teams sucked tonight
That our special teams sucked is par for the course. We have poor special teams. Always have under Arians.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:54 pm

Yep. Football is won and lose in the trenches. This has been true since the game was invented. No way around it. We weren't winning that game being a finesse passing team.
Sad thing is, had we committed to running the ball with Jones, we could've moved the chains and put up points.

But we gotta win throwing the ball because that's how this offense operates and that's what strokes the ego of Arians the most.
Dread

Post by Dread »

The only way to beat Brady is to rush him and the Saints that tonight.

They were playing light fronts with 3 DEs alot and daring the Bucs to run the ball.

Bucs just couldn't get out of their own way tonight.

Let's hope for no season ending injuries. Hopefully Gio is back next week. I'm fine with Rojo on 1st-2nd down but we need a RB that can catch.

Plus AB back.

Interested to see the timetables with Evans and Lenny with hamstring issues. Normally that's a few weeks.

Who knows with Godwin

Keyshawn Vaughn was awful tonight also to go along with the Oline and Special teams
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:59 pm

They were playing light fronts with 3 DEs alot and daring the Bucs to run the ball.

Let's hope for no season ending injuries. Hopefully Gio is back next week. I'm fine with Rojo on 1st-2nd down but we need a RB that can catch.

Keyshawn Vaughn was awful tonight also to go along with the Oline and Special teams
Gio was put on IR. He's out at least another game and maybe longer. His injury looked pretty bad.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:01 am
Dread wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:59 pm

Gio was put on IR. He's out at least another game and maybe longer. His injury looked pretty bad.
That sucks. We don't have any RBs who can catch.

Damn
SixStringSamurai

Post by SixStringSamurai »

Saints done fucked up and swept us again. Playoffs baby!!!
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Honest question, did Brady most likely lost MVP tonight?

Can a QB get shutout at home and still earn the award?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:06 am Honest question, did Brady most likely lost MVP tonight?

Since you're literally the only person who gives a shit about the MVP award right now I think the answer lies within you. So go at it. Name whatever scenario you want as it pertains to the MVP award because guess what? You'll get no blow back.

We just lost a big game and playoff seeding and you're worried about the MVP award? Fuck outta here.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

We are hard countered by the saints D and lost 1/3rd of our starting offense. Game doesn’t matter that much for our playoff run either.

Lick our wounds and keep going
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:09 am
ATrain wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:06 am Honest question, did Brady most likely lost MVP tonight?

Since you're literally the only person who gives a shit about the MVP award right now I think the answer lies within you. So go at it. Name whatever scenario you want as it pertains to the MVP award because guess what? You'll get no blow back.

We just lost a big game and playoff seeding and you're worried about the MVP award? Fuck outta here.
Basically
Nano

Post by Nano »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:09 am

Seriously. Fuck the MVP. We just lost a game where we lost 4 starters to injuries and which could very well be a season killer if they can't come back...and he's worried about Brady winning an award.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Sdbucs wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:17 am We are hard countered by the saints D and lost 1/3rd of our starting offense. Game doesn’t matter that much for our playoff run either.

It matters a lot. That potential #1 seed is gone. We dropped to 3rd. And if the Rams win out, no matter what we do, we will finish behind them.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:20 am
Sdbucs wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:17 am We are hard countered by the saints D and lost 1/3rd of our starting offense. Game doesn’t matter that much for our playoff run either.

It matters a lot. That potential #1 seed is gone. We dropped to 3rd. And if the Rams win out, no matter what we do, we will finish behind them.
Not if the Cardinals win out also.

Cards would be 13-4 division champs via a better division record than the 13-4 Rams making them an automatic wild card and likely 5th seed behind the 4 division champs.

13-4 Bucs would own a common opponent and SOV tiebreaker over the Cards

Lots of football left but I think the % is really high that the Bucs get the #2 seed at 13-4 when you look at the projections.

But yeah, the NFC goes through Lambeau this year
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:29 am

Cards would be 13-4 division champs via a better division record than the 13-4 Rams making them an automatic wild card and likely 5th seed behind the 4 division champs.

Lots of football left but I think the % is really high that the Bucs get the #2 seed at 13-4 when you look at the projections.

I don’t see Arizona winning out.

Indy, Dallas, Seattle. Dallas is dangerous the way that defense is playing.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

I'm concerned, but considering the opponent I'm not losing my mind.
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

Snake wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:23 pm Tristan, it is my understanding that Mr. Jordan has violated you for years now. Using the doll, please point to where he touched you.
Amen to that.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:32 am
Dread wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:29 am

I don’t see Arizona winning out.

Indy, Dallas, Seattle. Dallas is dangerous the way that defense is playing.
Well I don't see the Rams winning out either.

Then the Cards don't have to win out. They just have to go 2-1 with Seattle being on of those.

The Rams have 3 tough games left after the Seahawks game tomorrow.
LavonteDavid54

Post by LavonteDavid54 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:34 pm
Primeminister wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:31 pm

Utilizing what we had? What did we have?

Also name the offense that can work without a OL. Please.
Yeah, people think Tyler Johnson, Scotty Miller, and Tyler (Jaelen) Durden are acceptable...they aren't, they are back ups or worse. You can't lose your starting 3 WRs and RB and think everything should be fine against a D like the Saints
Thank you !!! I’ve been saying that every draft, and losing your top 4 receiving threats tonight left us dead!!

Few takeaways. I think the missed DPI on Gronk by Kwon Alexander just before Succop miss was a very piss poor call and huge in terms of momentum. That could of lead to possibly 7 and put pressure on them and maybe we steal an ugly win.

The OBSESSION with ignoring the run game I’ve said on EVERY YouTube presser, msg board, Twitter. Yes I’m that guy .. You saw Rojo running for his job and ran his ass off. A good game plan knows how to incorporate that. For the 5,000th time. We will not and can NOT throw our way to a SB!! It’s never been done( 99’ Rams are closest to do it, still had Faulk,19’ KC Williams had 100 yrds)
To leave Brady out there throwing to NOBODY open while his lines getting killed in pass pro was asinine. Which leads me to ask HOW MANY matchups does it take before you can SORT of formulate an offensive attack ??? Six games now plus a playoff game won largely in part to the defense Still BL, BA have not had a solid game plan..

I think the defense played their asses off!! They didn’t get much help from offense and those boys especially David, White, JTS , Suh were getting after it. TB has a young monster in JTS!

Hello S/T ??? Shank punts. Missed FGs ? In a 6-0 game WHAT IS THAT ????!!!!!

The officiating today was once again BS! The Gronk DPI, roughing the kicker, Brady yanked above the name plate, and the TAUNTING??! Guys posing in Brady’s face with arms folded?? How much more “ looking” in a guys direction can you be then cutting him off, posing arms folded and staring him down ?!! These refs are chicken shit to call ANYTHING on TB12 out of fear of favoritism backlash. I also watched a punter taunt after he drew a ridiculous flag, over a hurt guy??

Another issue ? The MEDIA. It needs to stop insulting and degrading New Orleans every time we play. They are +11.5 pt dogs on primetime with a WC birth and were basically full strength !!! On what PLANET is this Saints team, that’s 100% back on defense an 11.5 underdogs to anyone????!! Let alone us?? It sets a fire in them that you can clearly see especially defensively!!! I also believe we BELIEVE that sh*% too!! Because we play our absolute worst games against them.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

3/7 of Brady’s SB wins have been as the #1seed. It’s nice but it’s not a deal breaker. One extra game won’t kill us

After seeing our playoff run last year we should be somewhat confident we can compete with anyone in the playoffs

Idk, im not freaking out too much because I expected us to lose this game. This version of the saints owns us
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Sdbucs wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:01 am

3/7 of Brady’s SB wins have been as the #1seed. It’s nice but it’s not a deal breaker. One extra game won’t kill us

After seeing our playoff run last year we should be somewhat confident we can compete with anyone in the playoffs

Idk, im not freaking out too much because I expected us to lose this game. This version of the saints owns us
Every bit of the “confidence “ you have comes from what’s happened in the past. Most of it with a from a different team and their success over the last 20 years. It’s a ridiculous naive and stupid take. What the Patriots did in 2004 or 2014 has no bearing on the 2021 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The 2020 Tampa Bay Buccaneers don’t even have any bearing on what happens with this team. We didn’t have the injuries we have this year. We didn’t have the same issues we had last year either. Pretend for a second you have actually watched a Bucs game this year. If you do that, you’ll see that we are a completely different team on the road from the one we are at home. You’ll see we don’t have the same historic run D. We’re not playing with the same physicality that we did last year.

Wake up and talk to me when you watch 1 Bucs game this year.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

IronDog

Post by IronDog »

I find it remarkable that we held them to 3 shitty little FG's .
Push the damned button already!
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

You don't get what he said? Loss but with no injuries.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Sdbucs wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:01 am

My issue is not the seeding but the injuries that hit last night. Couple that with how ineffective the offense was without the people who went down and you grow really concerned.
nybf

Post by nybf »

ATrain wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:28 pm No words.
Then why type up another 150+ of them?
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

13F11B wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:54 am

You don't get what he said? Loss but with no injuries.
As a joke it's a fine comment.

As a serious statement it's absurd.
BLT

Post by BLT »

Primeminister wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:49 pm
ATrain wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:39 pm

How am I trolling? Brady had weapons. He had more to work with even after the injuries than Hill did and he was able to at least score 9 points

It's not even close to being all on Brady because Arians and Leftwich are prohibitively bad but Brady doesn't get left off the hook here.

He's supposed to be the league MVP and he just got shutout.
Buddy, you ARE a troll. Not just current actions. I don’t mind a good troll every so often, but your act got boring a while back even before the name change. It’s too bad because sometimes you make a decent point.

Anyways knock yourself out with debating someone else.
Stop feeding him then
BLT

Post by BLT »

Like how you gonna get trolled while calling a troll a troll.