New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread- Sunday Night Football Edition: Sponsored by Kleenex*

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Redrum

Re: New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread- Sunday Night Football Edition: Sponsored by Klee

Post by Redrum »

With how they play the Saints I wouldn't want to see them in the playoffs.
Capsaicin

Re: New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread- Sunday Night Football Edition: Sponsored by Klee

Post by Capsaicin »

Might need to put a call in to Edelman
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Brady needs to prove he's the MVP tonight. Show it.

He still has plenty of weapons.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Snake wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:33 pm Brady has won with Jacoby Meyers and the corpse of 5’9 Julian Edelman. We can do this.
There are other options, we just choose not to use them.

Run Scotty Miller deep and have a race to the end zone against their third best cornerback (and likely with no safety help). Put Brate on a choice route versus some linebacker. Get the ball to OJ on a tight end screen. Have Leonard Fournette throw a goddamn jump pass to Gronkowski on a delay if it makes you happy.

There are literally an infinite number of options with these offensive options. We just want to use a handful of them.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

And he needs to rip out his headset and ignore Leftwich and call the plays himself.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Ataint melting down yet?
Snake

Post by Snake »

I really wasn’t into the number rule changes but 7 coming out of the backfield is kinda sexy.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Not sure he caught that
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

We give up another sack. My lord.
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Scoreless….in the first half.
Wow
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

GODDAMIT GET RID OF THE FUCKING BALL!!!
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

Is this offensive line full of pro bowlers? The Saints dline must be full of hall of famers.
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Learn to stunt block, you morons!
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Time to get a big defensive play. Assume prayer stance.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Jensen fucked up
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Can someone explain why we never run shallow crossing routes?
air-buc-pirate

Post by air-buc-pirate »

Guaranteed sack on 3rd
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Redrum wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:39 pm Is this offensive line full of pro bowlers? The Saints dline must be full of hall of famers.
We have no offensive balance. We are asking alot from our offensive line.

But you're not wrong. They are outplaying us up front.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

ATrain wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:40 pm Can someone explain why we never run shallow crossing routes?
We did against the Bills in overtime and it won us the game. But outside of that, nope.

I have no idea why we don't do it more frequently. It's one of my favorite calls.
Nano

Post by Nano »

How the fuck are they pushing us back like that on a QB sneak. Like seriously

What the fuck.
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

It is what it is.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Sigh. The defense just gets pushed. Damn.
Snake

Post by Snake »

@Cheb during your NFL cup of coffee, did you notice the average guys in the NFL just looked different than college players? Just sized and physiques.

I went to an SEC game this year and I couldn’t believe how big some of those guys were compared to G5 players.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

If our coaches are too dumb to adjust hopefully Brady will.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Cheb wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:41 pm
ATrain wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:40 pm Can someone explain why we never run shallow crossing routes?
We did against the Bills in overtime and it won us the game. But outside of that, nope.

I have no idea why we don't do it more frequently. It's one of my favorite calls.
It's maddening. This team is so held back by philosophy and playcalling.

If Scotty just keeps running Brady gets the ball out of his hand and gets huge yac.

But no risk it no biscuit, right?
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Here is to hoping this team can pull its head out of its ass during the half.
Snake

Post by Snake »

There’s a rigidity to an Arians run team. I really believe that. The team takes on the coach’s personality and the lack of offensive flexibility shows it here.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Well atleast we are a bad 2nd half team, lol.

If we get Godwin back, I still think we'll win.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Snake wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:44 pm There’s a rigidity to an Arians run team. I really believe that. The team takes on the coach’s personality and the lack of offensive flexibility shows it here.
We would go 20-0 with the Patriots coaching staff
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Heisenberg wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:43 pm If our coaches are too dumb to adjust hopefully Brady will.
Again, Brady is equally the problem, he checks out of run plays often...or doesn't check into them.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Snake wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:42 pm @Cheb during your NFL cup of coffee, did you notice the average guys in the NFL just looked different than college players? Just sized and physiques.

I went to an SEC game this year and I couldn’t believe how big some of those guys were compared to G5 players.
The NFL is full of very big people. I am not a small man and at times I felt quite undersized. But there were big guys in college, too. As far as physiques, when it's your full-time job to be good at football and in shape, unsurprisingly the average person in said job is in very good shape. Most of these guys spend a TON of money and time and resources getting into shape, so it shouldn't be too shocking.

What is shocking, and what separates NFL talent from college imo, is that those very big people can move as well as people who are half their size. 1% of 1% of 1% type athletes.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Snake wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:44 pm There’s a rigidity to an Arians run team. I really believe that. The team takes on the coach’s personality and the lack of offensive flexibility shows it here.
Brady needs to throw his weight around then. Fuck Arians. He's a clean t. He contributes nothing. He doesn't even go to meetings

Pure arrogance and incompetence.
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

Can we ever not get bullied by this team?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Cheb wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:46 pm
Snake wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:42 pm @Cheb during your NFL cup of coffee, did you notice the average guys in the NFL just looked different than college players? Just sized and physiques.

The NFL is full of very big people. I am not a small man and at times I felt quite undersized. But there were big guys in college, too. As far as physiques, when it's your full-time job to be good at football and in shape, unsurprisingly the average person in said job is in very good shape. Most of these guys spend a TON of money and time and resources getting into shape, so it shouldn't be too shocking.

What is shocking, and what separates NFL talent from college imo, is that those very big people can move as well as people who are half their size. 1% of 1% of 1% type athletes.
Fascinating. Thanks. I really respect DBs because the mass velocity equation is really working against them and they’re often asked to tackle just massive massive humans. Underrated.