The Official 2023 NFL Off-Season Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
MJW

Re: The Official 2023 NFL Off-Season Thread

Post by MJW »

Moments like this are when I'm thankful we've had the best jerseys in the NFL since 1997, except for a few dark years there.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Sleek and soulless. Just like

Commanders
Guardians
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Sdbucs wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:45 pm Sleek and soulless. Just like

Commanders
Guardians
For once, you and I are in agreement.

But before we start the pillow talk, we need to acknowledge the unis of the opposing team at the end of Any Given Sunday are the butt ugliest things to disgrace a football field.

You remember the Dallas knights. Illuminati eye on baby shit yellow. No numbers.

The tequila sunrise concept Bucs unis are ten times better than that abomination.
MJW

Post by MJW »

_MB_ wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:33 pm
Sdbucs wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:45 pm Sleek and soulless. Just like

Commanders
Guardians
For once, you and I are in agreement.

But before we start the pillow talk, we need to acknowledge the unis of the opposing team at the end of Any Given Sunday are the butt ugliest things to disgrace a football field.

You remember the Dallas knights. Illuminati eye on baby shit yellow. No numbers.

The tequila sunrise concept Bucs unis are ten times better than that abomination.
Counterpoint: Those things were so horrible that they went all the way around to awesome again.

Let's roll another joint
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

So when the Bucs going to reveal creamsicles uniform?
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Phantom wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:15 am So when the Bucs going to reveal creamsicles uniform?
Best guess is just before preseason.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Phantom wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:15 am So when the Bucs going to reveal creamsicles uniform?
Let's roll another joint
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Central_Buc wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:45 am
Best guess is just before preseason.
Nah probably a day before draft

Eagles plan to unveil Kelly green uniform a day before draft so we’ll see

Seahawks too
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

The Titans have reportedly “lost faith” in 2nd year QB Malik Willis, according to Peter King

Titans are already looking to start fresh with a new young QB after Willis only played in 3 games last season.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Phantom wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:04 am
The Titans have reportedly “lost faith” in 2nd year QB Malik Willis, according to Peter King

Titans are already looking to start fresh with a new young QB after Willis only played in 3 games last season.
This isn't exactly new information. Malik Willis looked so bad last season that instead of working with the rookie and helping him grow, the Titans signed Josh Dobbs off the Lions practice squad and made him the immediate starter over Willis.

Josh Dobbs, who up until that point was a career journeyman on his third NFL team that year with zero career starts to his name. That Josh Dobbs.

Wouldn't be shocked if/when the Titans draft their new QB tonight.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Colin Cowherd on M. Willis back in the day:

"Big, strong, athletic, trunky, arm, twitch, raw. Worth the risk."

Okay Colin.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Snake wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:18 am Colin Cowherd on M. Willis back in the day:

Okay Colin.
Trunky?

What in the hell does that even mean? Guy is a hybrid tree or elephant? Does photosynthesis or the ability to put stuff in your mouth with your face-appendage help you play QB?
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Snake wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:18 am Colin Cowherd on M. Willis back in the day:

Okay Colin.
What round did they draft him in?? Honestly not sure but it wasn't anywhere near the top so yeah, worth the risk.

Didn't pan out so they cut bait and move on
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Phantom wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:04 am

He's a 3rd round pick for a reason.

But I guess that situation highlights why the Bucs might have been hesitant to move Trask up the depth chart or give him any real chance to play. Didn't want to expose him.

Its delaying the inevitable in reality.
Most hated man in America.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Trask lack of playing time has been explained ad nauseam. His window would only open once Brady left.
Brady got 95% of the practice snaps, the little that was left went to our back up who had thousands and thousands of IN SYSTEM snaps more than Trask. To discount that just to force Trask up the chart to be the primary backup would've been incredibly irresponsible. There were Make-A-Wish kids who had probably played more catch with Mike Evans than Trask had.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Swift to eagles

Last edited by Doctor on Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

And the Eagles keep getting better. Damn they are gonna be scary. And another Georgia guy.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Swift for a 2025 4th, wow
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Swift is perfect for that team and what they do. And he’s from Philly. That’s a steal. When he was healthy in Detroit he tore it up and that was behind a shitty OL. Now he’s got nothing but pro bowlers blocking for him.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:18 pm Swift to eagles

Now it's just not fair
Most hated man in America.
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

Doctor wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:29 am Trask lack of playing time has been explained ad nauseam. His window would only open once Brady left.
Brady got 95% of the practice snaps, the little that was left went to our back up who had thousands and thousands of IN SYSTEM snaps more than Trask. To discount that just to force Trask up the chart to be the primary backup would've been incredibly irresponsible. There were Make-A-Wish kids who had probably played more catch with Mike Evans than Trask had.
The practice snaps thing is absolutely false. Gabbert took a ton this year with Brady's weekly rest days, him taking vacation, wedding, etc. Most reports were that Gabbert took plenty of 1st team snaps this season.
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

I will say I feel a lot better about how our coaches feel about our QB situation. We could have drafted Levis or Hooker if we were sure the room was absolute dog shit.
Naismith

Post by Naismith »

uscbucsfan1 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:32 pm I will say I feel a lot better about how our coaches feel about our QB situation. We could have drafted Levis or Hooker if we were sure the room was absolute dog shit.
It concerns me that the coaches feel okay about our QB situation. I think it's more an indictment on them than a positive about the QBs.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Or, they thought Hooker and Levis also trash.

We know what Baker is for sure. Need to see Trask over a handful of games.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

uscbucsfan1 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:30 pm
Doctor wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:29 am Trask lack of playing time has been explained ad nauseam. His window would only open once Brady left.
The practice snaps thing is absolutely false. Gabbert took a ton this year with Brady's weekly rest days, him taking vacation, wedding, etc. Most reports were that Gabbert took plenty of 1st team snaps this season.
I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Bowles on Trask: "[Trask] can process quickly and run an offense. But when you have a guy like Brady a guy like [Trask] doesn't get many reps."

Almost every rep Trask has taken in practice or in his limited snaps in games – both preseason and the regular season – have come with backup players. With the Bucs’ Super Bowl window open during Brady’s three years in Tampa Bay it’s been hard to find starting reps for Trask in a practice – let alone in a game situation.
https://www.pewterreport.com/bucs-not-kyle-trask-time/

Bowles: "With Blaine being the seasons #2 guy and [Trask] not getting enough reps to take it over from him"

But sure, instead of giving the few snaps Brady left on the table to keep our already immersed and seasoned veterans sharp with the 1's should we need him, we should've just cut Gabbert and put it all on Trask to be ready to run a notoriously steep system off those scrap snaps. Because that's smart football. :j
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

Doctor wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:23 pm
uscbucsfan1 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:30 pm
I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Bowles on Trask: "[Trask] can process quickly and run an offense. But when you have a guy like Brady a guy like [Trask] doesn't get many reps."

Almost every rep Trask has taken in practice or in his limited snaps in games – both preseason and the regular season – have come with backup players. With the Bucs’ Super Bowl window open during Brady’s three years in Tampa Bay it’s been hard to find starting reps for Trask in a practice – let alone in a game situation.
https://www.pewterreport.com/bucs-not-kyle-trask-time/

Bowles: "With Blaine being the seasons #2 guy and [Trask] not getting enough reps to take it over from him"

But sure, instead of giving the few snaps Brady left on the table to keep our already immersed and seasoned veterans sharp with the 1's should we need him, we should've just cut Gabbert and put it all on Trask to be ready to run a notoriously steep system off those scrap snaps. Because that's smart football. :j
It seems you didn't read my post. You basically backed exactly what I said about Gabbert getting snaps with the 1s and not Trask. There were at least 4 weeks where Brady didn't practice on actual pad days. Gabbert took those snaps...that's all I said. You said there wasn't room with Brady taking 95% snaps in practice, but last year it was probably closer to 60%.
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

Snake wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:11 pm Or, they thought Hooker and Levis also trash.

We know what Baker is for sure. Need to see Trask over a handful of games.
But if they really thought Trask or Baker had 0 chance, they'd probably reach and take Levis or Hooker.

It seems Bowles and others think Baker will be the starter as of now, but that's just my perception of their comments.

I can't wait for @Doctor to misread this post and provide references backing me up, lol.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

So, again, you're genius argument is take the few valuable 1 snaps that were left away from the seasoned veteran who may actually have to come in and play and instead give them to Trask because.... if he's the rookie savior, a handful of practice snaps would be all he needs to leapfrog Gabbert and be game ready to go. Cool story bro.
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

Doctor wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:03 pm So, again, you're genius argument is take the few valuable 1 snaps that were left away from the seasoned veteran who may actually have to come in and play and instead give them to Trask because.... if he's the rookie savior, a handful of practice snaps would be all he needs to leapfrog Gabbert and be game ready to go. Cool story bro.
Seems you're still lost. All I disputed was that Brady took all the snaps.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Sweet backpedal dude. I'll take it.

JFC let's just let Trask have his open competition for once.
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

Doctor wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:07 pm Sweet backpedal dude. I'll take it.

JFC let's just let Trask have his open competition for once.
Back pedal?

You misread what I said and interpreted it your own way. You dove in head first to a kids pool and actually substantiated what I said with quotes.

Sure, keep digging. All I said was that was a bad argument. I've already said in the past that the Bucs wanted to give Gabbert the reps because they had more confidence in the vet.

Quote it, again...read it. You won't because you know you fucked up.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

The "narrative" about the snaps is about why he didn't get much playing time or hop Gabbert.

You're saying the "narrative" is false and there were plenty of snaps [for Trask to play with the 1s and overtake Gabbert], which is the argument of the "well the only explanation for anything is Trask sucks balls and OBP hates him".

I show you that's not the case.

You backpedal to a sweet... "well there were like snaps man... which was really all I was saying. Wasn't saying he could do anything with them or anything, just that they were like there...."

Okay, cool story.
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

Doctor wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:19 pm The "narrative" about the snaps is about why he didn't get much playing time or hop Gabbert.

You're saying the "narrative" is false and there were plenty of snaps [for Trask to play with the 1s and overtake Gabbert], which is the argument of the "well the only explanation for anything is Trask sucks balls and OBP hates him".

I show you that's not the case.

You backpedal to a sweet... "well there were like snaps man... which was really all I was saying. Wasn't saying he could do anything with them or anything, just that they were like there...."

Okay, cool story.
All of that is fantasy. The typical MO of Brady was that he takes all snaps with the 1s...that was not the case this year. He took a ton of days off...most weeks 1 day off of the full pad walk-through and another 3 weeks 2 days...1 week he took the entire week off and he missed a week in camp.

Saying it's hard to get snaps when Brady takes 95% if the snaps is a bad starting point...because it's verifiable false. That's it...all of this narrative bullshit you inserted incorrectly. You're wrong....you won't quote my post because it makes you look stuipid.

You are now arguing against a made up ghost...again, quote it.
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

Doctor wrote:
Also, this my be the dumbest shit you've ever posted here. Brady didn't take 95% of the snaps...he sat out a ton. Gabbert took the snaps when he was gone. Youve cited it and backed my argument. I never interjected anything else.