Free Agency Frenzy Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Dread

Re: Free Agency Frenzy Thread

Post by Dread »

real bucs fan wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:22 am Gronk is a Buffalo guy, I think he’s tempted to play for his home town team.
I think you're reading into what you want to. Does any of his family still live there? Plus him spending 10yrs in New England pretty much crushed the 'Buffalo is the home town team' nostalgia.

Why would a player want to spend the winter in Buffalo having to learn a new offense and teammates in a stacked AFC when you have the option to return for year 3 in Tampa with his boy Brady? Not to mention not paying NY state taxes.

I know your Canadian so you're conditioned to miserable weather for half the year, but it's a tough sell for most people to return to that if they have options not to.

Anything is possible, but I don't see Gronk playing in 2022 unless it's with Brady. Brady makes his job on the field so much easier and the quality of life off the field doesn't compare.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Linking your career with Bradys is brilliant on so many levels. He’s not going anywhere.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Somewhat interesting

I’m glad to be getting some of our guys back. But something I’d like to see this year as opposed to last is some new blood.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Falcons in for Watson sweepstake
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Phantom wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:57 am Falcons in for Watson sweepstake
It appears we are going to be dealing with Watson no matter what
Snake

Post by Snake »

I liked Shenault coming out of college.

I’ll need to look at the tape.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

If it has to one of them I prefer Carolina. I hate the Saints so much.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Primeminister wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:12 pm If it has to one of them I prefer Carolina. I hate the Saints so much.
Same… Tom Brady is 1-4 vs Saints as Bucs. 0-4 in regular season..

Fucking Saints
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Phantom wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:11 pm
He turned down the Eagles? Holy shit dude.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Swashbuckler wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:18 pm
Phantom wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:11 pm
He turned down the Eagles? Holy shit dude.
Yup

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/ ... r-panthers
Snake

Post by Snake »

What a world we live in. Sexually assault 20+ women and you’re going to get to hand pick your next place of employment where they’re going to pay you 30+ million dollars a year.

I mean, I’m not surprised. Michael Vick, Leonard Little.

It just makes me appreciate Brady even more. He’s not a degenerate psychopath.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

I saw a headline saying the Jags are releasing Myles Jack. Say what you want but the Jags are making plenty of moves

Edit: fuckin NBA on the brain over here too
Last edited by Swashbuckler on Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Snake wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:23 pm What a world we live in. Sexually assault 20+ women and you’re going to get to hand pick your next place of employment where they’re going to pay you 30+ million dollars a year.

I mean, I’m not surprised. Michael Vick, Leonard Little.

It just makes me appreciate Brady even more. He’s not a degenerate psychopath.
Life's just not fair man. You think THAT'S bad? Wait til you see this raving loon in the Echo Chamber wHo TaLkS LiKe ThIs and ruins the whole offseason
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

If we don’t get another ring from the Brady return I’m going to be upset we missed out on Watson.
Snake

Post by Snake »

As @uscbucsfan articulated during the Gruden debacle, It’s all about the surplus value that you provide. Is it enough to insulate you from the bullshit and outrage that you’ve caused.

I’ll put it this way, Watson is probably not getting blackballed for kneeling like Kaepernick. Lol
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Free agency is wild and the Broncos Twitter handler is a savage

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Primeminister wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:28 pm If we don’t get another ring from the Brady return I’m going to be upset we missed out on Watson.
We should have won it all last year if not for those stupid fucking Bowles call on defense.

I believe we wipe out 49ers and Bengals

Fucking Bowles
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:28 pm If we don’t get another ring from the Brady return I’m going to be upset we missed out on Watson.
That's kind of lost in the excitement over Brady returning. It's either another ring + an even worse salary cap situation in 2023 of no ring + an even worse salary cap situation in 2023. 2023 the schedule is more difficult, team likely a little worse than 2021 on paper. Steeper hill to climb and Brady is a year older. A lot more odds this year. We're year 3 into what was supposed to be a 2 year project. We'll see how it goes.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Meh, that's really a glass half empty perspective imo. I get we want our cake and eat it too, but we already got one ring in addition to an unprecedented run of success for this Bucs franchise that is now going to continue one more season atleast.

Getting Watson would've been great and solved the problem at QB post-Brady. But there was little chance Watson was ever going to be a Buc to begin with. At best we would be in bidding war with the Browns and the 3 others teams in our division. All of which have more draft capital and cap flexibility, except for maybe the Saints, but they don't live by the same cap rules as the rest of the league it seems.
Dread

Post by Dread »

One name to keep on eye at Safety is Marcus Maye.

With the dust starting to settle in free agency at the safety position (Reid-Chiefs, Williams-Ravens) I think we'll see Honey Badger go to either the Saints or Jets.

Whitehead and Maye would be next.

If the Bucs can't work out a deal with Whitehead, and the more time that passess the better imo since it usually means the market is coming down, I could see the Bucs having interest in Maye.

He was drafted in the early 2nd round by Bowles and played really well for the Jets under Bowles.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Dread wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:07 pm
Meh, that's really a glass half empty perspective imo. I get we want our cake and eat it too, but we already got one ring in addition to an unprecedented run of success for this Bucs franchise that is now going to continue one more season atleast.

Getting Watson would've been great and solved the problem at QB post-Brady. But there was little chance Watson was ever going to be a Buc to begin with. At best we would be in bidding war with the Browns and the 3 others teams in our division. All of which have more draft capital and cap flexibility, except for maybe the Saints, but they don't live by the same cap rules as the rest of the league it seems.
Don't tread on me
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

real bucs fan wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:22 am Gronk is a Buffalo guy, I think he’s tempted to play for his home town team.
Dumb take. No one wants to go back to cold a** Buffalo over Florida for their last years in Football. Not only that who the hell wants to pay state taxes and catch pass from someone not named Brady.
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

I won't be, these have been 2 of the best years I have had as a Bucs fan, with an additional 1. 1 Championship and a very competitive team versus an unknown and 3 number 1 picks. I will take the Goat years. Some fans under appreciate what they are witnessing.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

For all we know Brady's "unfinished business" could be winning MVP.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:33 pm For all we know Brady's "unfinished business" could be winning MVP.
Yeah, cause Brady totally values individual awards over Super Bowl championships.

Smart take!
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:12 pm One name to keep on eye at Safety is Marcus Maye.

With the dust starting to settle in free agency at the safety position (Reid-Chiefs, Williams-Ravens) I think we'll see Honey Badger go to either the Saints or Jets.

If the Bucs can't work out a deal with Whitehead, and the more time that passess the better imo since it usually means the market is coming down, I could see the Bucs having interest in Maye.

He was drafted in the early 2nd round by Bowles and played really well for the Jets under Bowles.
I hope not. Maye wasn't that good under Bowles but it was the best he ever played. I'm surprised you're mentioning him. He wasn't all that great at Florida either. I think Bowles would say no because he's seen what he can do.

Vet safety route, Tyrann Mathieu. Not sure he'd cost a ton but he would be an amazing addition to the defensive backfield.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

More people linking Mathieu to Tampa

Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:38 pm
Dread wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:12 pm One name to keep on eye at Safety is Marcus Maye.

I hope not. Maye wasn't that good under Bowles but it was the best he ever played. I'm surprised you're mentioning him. He wasn't all that great at Florida either. I think Bowles would say no because he's seen what he can do.

Vet safety route, Tyrann Mathieu. Not sure he'd cost a ton but he would be an amazing addition to the defensive backfield.
The Honey Badger would be an amazing upgrade over Whitehead.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Primeminister wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:46 pm More people linking Mathieu to Tampa

Do it DoM!
Snake

Post by Snake »

Need a quality coverage safety imo.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

500 safeties in this draft class and you want an ole man.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:58 pm 500 safeties in this draft class and you want an ole man.
29 is not OLD
whistlepig777

Post by whistlepig777 »

Badger got his shot in the league from BA who wasn't concerned about him being a "thug".

Not surprised about this rumor, but it doesn't mean AB is wanting him now. We'll see.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »