Bucs at Falcons Wk 13 discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
mdb1958

Re: Bucs at Falcons Wk 13 discussion

Post by mdb1958 »

Nobody wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:08 pm
Dread wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:45 pm
Luckily the calf is muscle instead of a ligament, so the potential recovery time should be less.

All depends on the severity, but hopefully it's only a few weeks.
I suffered a high grade 2 calf tear (anitibiotics!) in 2008. Just south of surgical at age 31. It was 12 week recovery.

Really depends on the grade and where it’s at on the calf.

Should we get Chris Wilcox back from Indy's practice squad?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:48 pm Jayden Mickens plays for Jacksonville now and actually had a very good day returning on Sunday. Looks like our options are Scotty Miller, coming off a toe injury and our only healthy starting safety, AWJ.
If it were up to me, Gio Bernard is returning everything that gets kicked by an opponent. I do not care about YARDS YARDS YARDS, I just trust him to not cough up the ball.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Kona

Post by Kona »

Yikes, Edwards and Whitehead both being out may hurt…On the other hand, Pitts may actually do something for my fantasy team this week.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Dread wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:01 pm
King Bootz wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:40 pm

That's an incorrect conclusion you've come to. Muscles don't always heal faster than ligaments/tendons and vise versa.
They teach you that at nursing school?

Teach me then. Why do ligaments heal faster than muscles since you're arguing it?
If the injury in the ligament is tiny and the injury in the muscle involved the entire center ripping apart, the ligament will heal faster because the muscle will never heal (why didn't I get surgery then I'll never know, there are lifetime consequences).

But apples to apples, the blood supply in muscle is greater bringing more repair capability with it, so no, degree of injury to degree of injury, if repair is happening at all, it should be faster in muscle.

Sorry Bootz that's how it is.
Snake

Post by Snake »

There’s so much nuance to this conversation that I don’t even know if it’s worth getting into lol
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:01 pm
King Bootz wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:40 pm

That's an incorrect conclusion you've come to. Muscles don't always heal faster than ligaments/tendons and vise versa.
They teach you that at nursing school?

Teach me then. Why do ligaments heal faster than muscles since you're arguing it?
Since you wanna go there, I'll take you to school, kiddo.

Generally speaking, you are correct. Muscle groups do heal faster than ligaments. There's a much richer source of blood flow and filtration, allowing necessary nutrients to aid in the healing process. That's generally speaking, which is clearly all your simple mind can understand.

Now, past that, and I'm obviously wasting my time because you won't comprehend, there are levels to an injury to a muscle group or ligament. Not all muscle groups are supplied with the same amount of blood flow. Also, certain muscles are used more frequently than others. Additionally, and pay close attention here, scientifically speaking injuries aren't always reported correctly. How many times have you heard of a player injuring a hamstring and he's out for weeks or months? By your theory it's a hamstring so it should heal faster, right? Ask yourself why that is. Prove me wrong about how smart you aren't. Ankle sprain, by your logic that should be a very slow healing injury, right? It's a ligament. Again, prove me wrong. That's just scratching the surface here and I tried to make it as.....simple....as I possibly could. If I need to make it more simple, let me know kiddo.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

I don’t get to go to many games, but a friend of mine who works with the Falcons surprised me and wifey with tickets to this game! He is trying to get us on the field before the game and setup a meet with players, but no promises. Either way it’s amazing!

Apparently we are sitting behind the Bucs bench tomorrow. We were able to get cheap flights into Atlanta too.

I’m completely geeked over this lol.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Primeminister wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:28 pm I don’t get to go to many games, but a friend of mine who works with the Falcons surprised me and wifey with tickets to this game! He is trying to get us on the field before the game and setup a meet with players, but no promises. Either way it’s amazing!

Apparently we are sitting behind the Bucs bench tomorrow. We were able to get cheap flights into Atlanta too.

I’m completely geeked over this lol.
Sounds like a great time. Excited for you. Have fun.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

It's 6:17 AM and I just read a medicine lesson from our resident Barber.
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

Lol
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Asking the Bears to win their next two games ehh?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

We should run hard at Deion Jones today.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

BJJ34 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:17 am It's 6:17 AM and I just read a medicine lesson from our resident Barber.
Everyone is capable of Googling shit. Some should try it while others should do it more often.
Don't tread on me