Goff: PAID!

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Phantom

Re: Goff: PAID!

Post by Phantom »

Damn,Cannon still at it? This thread is about Goff by the way.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

CannonFire wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 7:40 pm
Central_Buc wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:05 am

He's only 28 though so he's going to be here for more than 3 years. I'll say 8 before we draft and groom someone else.

Narcissistic? Sure why not? :mrgreen:
If he plays as I expect, funny thing is it's probably the same as you, I think he gets 2 years. I don't think his abilities are that of a consistent winner. If things break right, he could lead this team to 9 wins (see last season), if they go bad, I think 6 wins sounds right. All things equal, 7 or 8. That's not someone you keep long term. When we have a losing record this year and next, I think they cut bait and move on before paying him that 3rd season.
Idk.. Favre and Elway had their fair share of 9-7 seasons before winning.

And besides, we are not on the same wave length, I'm going 13 and 4.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Phantom wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:16 pm Damn,Cannon still at it? This thread is about Goff by the way.
Actually I'm going to try and hijack it for a few pages. Want to open up my question to CF to everyone else. See some other answers.

Given Goff is literally the poster child for Retread QBs everywhere right now, it seems fitting.
Doctor wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:23 am
CannonFire wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:52 am

What was the point of your question then? If you're not asking what other qbs I believe in going to their second or 3rd team, what are you asking? I'm saying that I'd believe I'm all of them coming here. You claimed you didn't want hindsight.
You post like a devout zealot of tanking for a savior QB being the one true path to enlightenment. As such you are also one of the biggest Baker haters on here.

You use the fact that their drafted team moved on from them as proof positive that they aren't franchise material. A common zealot argument. But then you claim that we have you all wrong and you're misunderstood. That you're just an objectivist calling out the truth.

Alright, I'm open minded. Help me understand @CannonFire's objective truth. I want to know how you saw past retread QBs. More to the point, which 2nd/3rd team retreads of the past did you believe in? Believe could get their teams to a SB?

Did you believe in Brad Johnson?
What about Favre? Jets Farve or Viking Farve?
Did you believe in Warner, Giants or Cardinals?
Or Carson Palmer, Raiders or Cardinals?
What about Brady? Or Chiefs Alex Smith?

You want to sell us that you aren't some exclusive "draft your Mahomes" extremist, sell us. Sell us on your objectivism. Help us see how you see.

Instead, you rattled off a list of "QBs who are just as sucky as Baker and could've been had for less". Cool story.

But hey, here's yet another opportunity to answer my questions on the QBs above (and please add your own). Are you going to take it? Or am I trying to catch smoke?
I'll start. Believed in Favre both NYJ and Min. Warner too. I get Bulger was hot shit but thought Rams moved on too soon. Thought he'd be a better bridge QB for NYG but that team was ass. AZ was a great fit.

Didn't believe in Palmer either time. Surprised me in AZ. Did in Brady, obviously, and Alex Smith in KC.

Also knew Miami was making a huge mistake going Culpepper over Brees. Pep looked awful pre injury but post Randy. Brees Saban would've been fun for BB and Brady.

I think Kirk is a great fit in Atl. Comes down to health and locker room. I really thought for years Wilson and Payton would work well, way wrong there.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Also yes, I think Goff can get Detroit to a SB.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Central_Buc wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:08 pm
CannonFire wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 7:40 pm

If he plays as I expect, funny thing is it's probably the same as you, I think he gets 2 years. I don't think his abilities are that of a consistent winner. If things break right, he could lead this team to 9 wins (see last season), if they go bad, I think 6 wins sounds right. All things equal, 7 or 8. That's not someone you keep long term. When we have a losing record this year and next, I think they cut bait and move on before paying him that 3rd season.

Comparing Mayfield to Hall of Famer's? Wow, you started out reasonable and then flew by Doctor doing 100 MPH!! :lol: :lol:
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Phantom wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:16 pm Damn,Cannon still at it? This thread is about Goff by the way.
LOL, someone else mentions him TWICE, before anyone else, and I'm the bad guy?
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

CannonFire wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 7:26 am
Central_Buc wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:08 pm

Comparing Mayfield to Hall of Famer's? Wow, you started out reasonable and then flew by Doctor doing 100 MPH!! :lol: :lol:
But I stated facts though.. you're just putting words in my mouth about things I didn't insinuate.

It's ok though whatever makes you sleep at night.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Speaking of Goff, he's alright.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Central_Buc wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 5:10 pm
CannonFire wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 7:26 am

But I stated facts though.. you're just putting words in my mouth about things I didn't insinuate.

LOL Right back at ya! The "facts" you're stating happened AFTER Super Bowl appearances and multiple MVP's, in Elway's case and for Favre, in his first 3 years as a starter... which were followed up with back-to-back-to-back MVP's and TWO Super Bowl win appearances (1 win). Mayfield has never even gotten an MVP vote in 6 seasons. You can put make-up on a pig, but at the end of the day, it's still a pig.

Go peddle your Mayfield garbage in the Mayfield thread.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

CannonFire wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 9:07 am
Central_Buc wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 5:10 pm

LOL Right back at ya! The "facts" you're stating happened AFTER Super Bowl appearances and multiple MVP's, in Elway's case and for Favre, in his first 3 years as a starter... which were followed up with back-to-back-to-back MVP's and TWO Super Bowl win appearances (1 win). Mayfield has never even gotten an MVP vote in 6 seasons. You can put make-up on a pig, but at the end of the day, it's still a pig.

You know its funny..because Ive actually been re-watching the 1990 season on YouTube for my football fix. Favre didn't exist then. But Did you know Elway went 5-11 that year..oh my god.he must be Baker...but that can't be...??? But but but but, He was #1 overall ...oops but the rules are you can't compare Baker to Elway.. "just because "

Elway was 30 years old in 1990, Dumbass. He followed that up with MOAAAR mediocre seasons before 97 and 98.

You sound angry btw. Lol. I hope so.

You sound like someone who has to deal with 28 year old Baker the next 8 years. I hope its 10 years. It'll be 10 years JUST BECAUSE. :mrgreen: :lol:

You're problem is you think of Baker as a 37 y/o with an achillies problem when he's just a 28 y/o just getting his career under way.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Oh MANNN... Favre was kicked to the curb from the team that drafted him. What a LOOOOOSSSSEEERRRRR

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Deleted..grr this site
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Central_Buc wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 7:04 pm
CannonFire wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 9:07 am

You know its funny..because Ive actually been re-watching the 1990 season on YouTube for my football fix. Favre didn't exist then. But Did you know Elway went 5-11 that year..oh my god.he must be Baker...but that can't be...??? But but but but, He was #1 overall ...oops but the rules are you can't compare Baker to Elway.. "just because "

Elway was 30 years old in 1990, Dumbass. He followed that up with MOAAAR mediocre seasons before 97 and 98.

You sound angry btw. Lol. I hope so.

You sound like someone who has to deal with 28 year old Baker the next 8 years. I hope its 10 years. It'll be 10 years JUST BECAUSE. :mrgreen: :lol:

You're problem is you think of Baker as a 37 y/o with an achillies problem when he's just a 28 y/o just getting his career under way.
You better keep watching then, because you still have a lot to learn. By 1990, Elway had already been to 2 Superbowls and won an MVP. Sounds like you're the one who's mad. LOL

Incorrect. I don't think of Baker as a 37 y/o with an achillies problem. I KNOW he is a mediocre to below average QB, who has no real future as a long-term starter.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

CannonFire wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 7:26 am Comparing Mayfield to Hall of Famer's?
You know damn well thats not what he's doing.

He's merely trying to open your little pea brain to the possibilities of other successful story arcs in the NFL that aren't #1 pick, MVP by 28.

How much did Brad Johnson have accomplished by 30? Or Steve Young? Matt Hasselbeck? Jake Delhomme?

Of all the arguments y'all throw out "if he was someone he'd have done something by now" is the dumbest of all.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Steve Young going into his 7th season had a record of 10-19. The next year? 5-5. His best season and he was .500. Get that bum out of here