Divisional Round Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Deja Entendu

Re: Divisional Round Discussion

Post by Deja Entendu »

Noles1724 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:56 pm
Deja Entendu wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:26 pm My dilemma: kids’ game (that I coach) is at 3:30p, shoot around starts at 3. That means I’ll most likely miss at least the entire 1st half.

I can either:

A) pick it up mid-game immediately after the game on my phone until I get to a TV.

B) I can shut myself off from the world until I’m home, and start it from the beginning hoping to catch up to real time before it ends.

This sucks.
B

It's what I do when I coached and fsu gms on Saturdays.. and I'm cool
This was my original plan, but the suspense will be killing me.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

They had a replay of bucs lions on tonight. That team is so beatable. We were a few small mistakes away from winning.

Slightly overthrown ball for a would be TD
Dropped INT
PI on Evans in the end zone

That game was close.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Sdbucs wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:02 am They had a replay of bucs lions on tonight. That team is so beatable. We were a few small mistakes away from winning.

Slightly overthrown ball for a would be TD
Dropped INT
PI on Evans in the end zone

That game was close.
Several key plays missed.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

GreatTimes wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:39 pm I want the Bucs to defeat the Lions, the Packers defeat the 49's, so the Bucs can host the NFC championship game.
Same thing I said in another thread. Plus I'll be in Tampa that weekend. :D
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Pirate Life wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:54 pm Buc's new BattleSounds is up on their Youtube for the last game. Wirfs pregame pep talk is what being a leader is all about. Crazy to think he was the 4th OT drafted that year... kid was the top 1 or 2 RTs in the game, switches positions to LT and is quickly top 5 at that position while still learning it. Toss in his leadership qualities and 4 years in he's an all-time great Buc (if not all-time great player period).

Bowles at the 4 minute mark: "They got one fucking guy that's open. Wherever they send that guy, we've got to be locked in."
I have to assume he was talking about DeVonta Smith. :lol:
Don't tread on me
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Just for fun.. Retro
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Author
Maurice Jones-Drew
The Detroit Lions boasted the league’s fifth-best ground attack during the regular season, rushing for 135.9 yards per game. On Sunday, their dynamic duo of David Montgomery and Jahmyr Gibbs takes on Tampa Bay’s top-five run defense. Meanwhile, the Buccaneers' lead back, Rachaad White, faces a Detroit D that has allowed fewer than 90 rushing yards in each of its previous five games. A tough matchup for both backfields, no doubt. But I think White is poised for a big game. In fact, I think he eclipses the century mark on the ground, outproducing Montgomery and Gibbs by himself.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Interesting take from MJD. I’d be quite surprised if that happened. I would think we’d need to be leading for the majority of the game AND have White break one late for him to eclipse the century mark.

Detroit is vulnerable through the air. This is another game where the plan should be to put the game on Baker and the WRs. Mix in Otton/White on screens.

I do like a deep shot to Palmer at some point too for some week 6 redemption.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

mdb1958 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:24 pm Author
Maurice Jones-Drew
The Detroit Lions boasted the league’s fifth-best ground attack during the regular season, rushing for 135.9 yards per game. On Sunday, their dynamic duo of David Montgomery and Jahmyr Gibbs takes on Tampa Bay’s top-five run defense. Meanwhile, the Buccaneers' lead back, Rachaad White, faces a Detroit D that has allowed fewer than 90 rushing yards in each of its previous five games. A tough matchup for both backfields, no doubt. But I think White is poised for a big game. In fact, I think he eclipses the century mark on the ground, outproducing Montgomery and Gibbs by himself.
OH.PLEASE.GOD.
I said what I said

kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Buc2 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:41 am
Pirate Life wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:54 pm Buc's new BattleSounds is up on their Youtube for the last game. Wirfs pregame pep talk is what being a leader is all about. Crazy to think he was the 4th OT drafted that year... kid was the top 1 or 2 RTs in the game, switches positions to LT and is quickly top 5 at that position while still learning it. Toss in his leadership qualities and 4 years in he's an all-time great Buc (if not all-time great player period).

Bowles at the 4 minute mark: "They got one fucking guy that's open. Wherever they send that guy, we've got to be locked in."
Listening to Baker on the sidelines, IDK how you can't like him as a person. The beep-beep made me laugh
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Buc2 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:41 am

Listening to Baker on the sidelines, IDK how you can't like him as a person. The beep-beep made me laugh
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Onthebrink wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:37 pm
CannonFire wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:37 pm

For someone who thinks we have a garbage pass defense... because you're so good at recognizing it, how come you don't see how the Lions pass defense is way worse?

We shouldn't worry about running against the Lions. We should throw the ball. We should utilize the screen/outlet game to supplement our running game. I'd think you'd be all in favor of putting the ball in Mayfield's hands.
Expecting Baker to carry the team w/o a running game has not happened often this season. When the Bucs ran for 100 yards they were 6-1 this season including the playoff game. Had 99 against the Packers. 6 of the 9 wins they ran the ball for 99 or more yards in the regular season. They absolutely need to run the ball. The Tom Brady led Bucs needed playoff Lenny to win in the playoffs. Baker is 1-12 in his career when passing 40 or more times. His best win percentage is 20-25 passes and anything over 30 the win percentage starts decreasing fast.
I don't expect Baker to do anything other than being mediocre to below average... like he's been his whole career. My point to him was that in another thread he trashed the Bucs passing defense... here, he says the Bucs need to run. The issue is that the Lions have a terrible pass defense. If he believes the Bucs are hindered by their pass defense, why doesn't he think the Lions should as well... considering they're worse than we are. It's also worth noting that the Lions were better against the run than we were. If he thinks Baker is a good QB, a good QB should be able to carry you from time to time, and should be able to do that against the horrible pass defense that the Lions have. Really, why shouldn't he. Didn't Mayfield just do that against the Eagles?

Also, in 2020, let's not pretend that the Bucs never really had much of a run game all year and still won 11 games. Had they had a full offseason, they probably win 13 or more. On top of that, defenses were forced to respect the pass because Brady which allowed Fournette the privilage of better rush matchups. Defenses against Mayfield aren't the same. They don't respect the pass.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Looks like weather could be a factor in 49ers game tomorrow. They’re getting torrential rains that are supposed to hang around there all weekend.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Most hated man in America.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

CannonFire wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:48 pm
Onthebrink wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:37 pm

Expecting Baker to carry the team w/o a running game has not happened often this season. When the Bucs ran for 100 yards they were 6-1 this season including the playoff game. Had 99 against the Packers. 6 of the 9 wins they ran the ball for 99 or more yards in the regular season. They absolutely need to run the ball. The Tom Brady led Bucs needed playoff Lenny to win in the playoffs. Baker is 1-12 in his career when passing 40 or more times. His best win percentage is 20-25 passes and anything over 30 the win percentage starts decreasing fast.
I don't expect Baker to do anything other than being mediocre to below average... like he's been his whole career. My point to him was that in another thread he trashed the Bucs passing defense... here, he says the Bucs need to run. The issue is that the Lions have a terrible pass defense. If he believes the Bucs are hindered by their pass defense, why doesn't he think the Lions should as well... considering they're worse than we are. It's also worth noting that the Lions were better against the run than we were. If he thinks Baker is a good QB, a good QB should be able to carry you from time to time, and should be able to do that against the horrible pass defense that the Lions have. Really, why shouldn't he. Didn't Mayfield just do that against the Eagles?

Also, in 2020, let's not pretend that the Bucs never really had much of a run game all year and still won 11 games. Had they had a full offseason, they probably win 13 or more. On top of that, defenses were forced to respect the pass because Brady which allowed Fournette the privilage of better rush matchups. Defenses against Mayfield aren't the same. They don't respect the pass.
I agree that we need to pass like against the Eagles.

However:
2020 4.1 ypc
2023 3.4 ypc

That is a huge difference. We were also not creative early in the year and not passing out of condensed formations like we have now. Because of that of course they stacked the box. They don't anymore
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Who do you all have for tonight's game? I will post my pick later.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Packers Ravens
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Grahamburn wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:50 pm Interesting take from MJD. I’d be quite surprised if that happened. I would think we’d need to be leading for the majority of the game AND have White break one late for him to eclipse the century mark.

Detroit is vulnerable through the air. This is another game where the plan should be to put the game on Baker and the WRs. Mix in Otton/White on screens.

I don't care if Bootz says he's not that type of receiver, we need more than 4 out of 10 from ME. If Mike catches that football the crowd will grow silent. Did anyone come up with how many drops we had against Philly?

Our scoring defense is the best since 2010. Yardage is nice in the run game but we have to get some firstdowns from it - 9 in the Eagles game and 8 in the Panthers game. It allows us to control the game and the clock.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

mdb1958 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:37 am
Grahamburn wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:50 pm Interesting take from MJD. I’d be quite surprised if that happened. I would think we’d need to be leading for the majority of the game AND have White break one late for him to eclipse the century mark.

I don't care if Bootz says he's not that type of receiver, we need more than 4 out of 10 from ME. If Mike catches that football the crowd will grow silent. Did anyone come up with how many drops we had against Philly?

Our scoring defense is the best since 2010. Yardage is nice in the run game but we have to get some firstdowns from it - 9 in the Eagles game and 8 in the Panthers game. It allows us to control the game and the clock.
At least 6. Mike had 2. Otton had 2. One each from White/Edmonds.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

The Lightning and the Bucs both have games on the same day in Detroit, Crazy
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Did Amon-Ra St. Brown purposely run slow on his pro day? 4.61 doesnt seem right.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

mdb1958 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:18 am Did Amon-Ra St. Brown purposely run slow on his pro day? 4.61 doesnt seem right.
Lots of people just don't run their fastest in a 40 yard dash on a track in shorts, me among them. More famous actually fast dudes with meh 40 times off the top of my head are Patrick Mahomes with a 4.80, Josh Allen ran a 4.75, and Puka Nacua only hit 4.57.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Cheb wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:31 am
mdb1958 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:18 am Did Amon-Ra St. Brown purposely run slow on his pro day? 4.61 doesnt seem right.
Lots of people just don't run their fastest in a 40 yard dash on a track in shorts, me among them. More famous actually fast dudes with meh 40 times off the top of my head are Patrick Mahomes with a 4.80, Josh Allen ran a 4.75, and Puka Nacua only hit 4.57.

My thoughts were not about him as much as film study of his routes and whether we got someone to jump the route or blast him at the perfect time. We need to be hard on him.

I also joked around with a question that no one responded to and that was is this the game where our WR's show they can block.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Let go Mayfield
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Screenshot_20240120_133025_Facebook.jpg
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Texans vs Ravens. Who ya got?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I believe there's a thread for this prediction. sir
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Can't pick a team to root for in this early game. Hate to see Ravens blow it after the season they've had but how could you not love that Houston team??
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Texans are a great story this year, much like us. They weren't supposed to be here. But they are and they are riding a high.

That said, Baltimore is a buzz saw. I expect a 2 score win by them
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

I like both QBs
I just want to see a clean game and the refs stay out of it!
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

CJ
Whatcha thinking’ Lincoln?
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Rapid response by the home team.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »