Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Carolina Panthers Official Game Day Thread: Righting the Ship Edition

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Phantom

Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Carolina Panthers Official Game Day Thread: Righting the Ship Edition

Post by Phantom »

Is this a joke?
King Bootz

Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Carolina Panthers Official Game Day Thread: Righting the Ship Edition

Post by King Bootz »

Cheb wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:40 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:37 pm

So who makes it better??
Truthfully I don't know. While the knee-jerk reaction when you see crappy football like this is to fire coaches, I don't think that would fundamentally change what we see on the field. We need on-field accountability. Coaching can help with that, benching people can help. But we need our veterans to hold their teammates accountable. And it isn't helping that our veterans are making the lion's share of fuckups.
Exactly! People are quick to point at coaching because it's easy to do. Look on the field. When I see drops, lining up incorrectly, missing blocks, tackles, openings in the run game, that ain't on coaching. The grown men on the field need to play better.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

wesmon wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:38 pm If they fire Bowles who the hell do they elevate to head coach? Not Leftwich
Ask Arians, he’ll probably promote one of the chicks. Honestly, it can’t be worse than this complete debacle of a team.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

We really need this game. At this point I don't care how we do it
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Pretty sure we can assume Evans 1k streak is over?
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

If we’re going to change coaches this offseason, then we need a coach that can build from scratch because that’s what he’ll have to work with.
Don't tread on me
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:42 pm

Truthfully I don't know. While the knee-jerk reaction when you see crappy football like this is to fire coaches, I don't think that would fundamentally change what we see on the field. We need on-field accountability. Coaching can help with that, benching people can help. But we need our veterans to hold their teammates accountable. And it isn't helping that our veterans are making the lion's share of fuckups.
Exactly! People are quick to point at coaching because it's easy to do. Look on the field. When I see drops, lining up incorrectly, missing blocks, tackles, openings in the run game, that ain't on coaching. The grown men on the field need to play better.
Truth.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

When it’s one or two guys, hold them accountable. When it’s the entire team, you have to start questioning the coaching.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

And here we are lighting them up. Heavy PA, max protect, let Evans get open.

Keep it going gents.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Mike! Be aware where you are. He should have had YAC after that catch to the sideline.
Don't tread on me
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Good grief. Can't run for 1 yard?
Push the damned button already!
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

vivalaReagan wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:44 pm

When it’s one or two guys, hold them accountable. When it’s the entire team, you have to start questioning the coaching.
You tell me what Byron Leftwich and Todd Bowles has to do with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin dropping passes..
Max

Post by Max »

I'm just going to repeat myself.

Turds and Turdwich are getting outcoached by the Matt Rhule interim staff.
Bucsfan83

Post by Bucsfan83 »

Rocker wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:43 pm Pretty sure we can assume Evans 1k streak is over?
He's still on pace I think, around 370ish yards as of now, 10 games left.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Garbage. Pure garbage.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

Stop running Lenny in short yardage please jfc
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Our offensive body language is crap. Jogging, hands on hips.

And there's the stuff on third down.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Soft as hell. Dumb as hell.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Not even close.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

The fact we actually look worse than last week is insane.
Backside

Post by Backside »

So fucking predictable
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Heisenberg wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:46 pm Stop running Lenny in short yardage please jfc
Yea I said it.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Sigh.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

I knew they should have took the FG
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Yeah. I’m done.
Don't tread on me
Onthebrink

Post by Onthebrink »

Throwing the ball was working pretty well on that drive.
Bucsfan83

Post by Bucsfan83 »

Unless I see something by the end of the third, I may just turn this off. This O is doing nothing. We need the 2002 Defense just to win games atm. That's because they could score at will at any point in time.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:45 pm
vivalaReagan wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:44 pm

You tell me what Byron Leftwich and Todd Bowles has to do with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin dropping passes..
Mike dropping a td sure sucks but we haven’t only sucked this game. When were this bad in all areas of the game, in every game, chances are it’s deeper than a couple drops.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

At this point let's just fire Leftwich and let Brady call the offense.
Bucsfan83

Post by Bucsfan83 »

Central_Buc wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:47 pm I knew they should have took the FG
I understand the call, was expecting a FG there though.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:46 pm The fact we actually look worse than last week is insane.
Yup.
Hammy

Post by Hammy »

Phantom wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:41 pmIs this a joke?
Unfortunately…no
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Fourth and one against a bad team, a gotta have it down, and our best call is a crack-toss to the right with the worst running game in the league?

And it didn't work? No way!?!
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

There is still plenty of time...you take the points.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:47 pm
Heisenberg wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:46 pm Stop running Lenny in short yardage please jfc
Yea I said it.
Won’t disagree there. When we had RoJo I wanted him to get more touches too, then ba fell in love with Lenny. Now whites been looking good but we rather see Lenny run into his own line.