Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Carolina Panthers Official Game Day Thread: Righting the Ship Edition

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
BucsNBills

Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Carolina Panthers Official Game Day Thread: Righting the Ship Edition

Post by BucsNBills »

Lessons learned

1:) Don't hitch your wagon to a 45 year old QB that initially picked retirement ahead of playing for you again.

2:) Lame duck Head Coaches shouldn't be picking their successors.
Snake

Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Carolina Panthers Official Game Day Thread: Righting the Ship Edition

Post by Snake »

I hope Licht is shitting his slacks
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Damn near picked. That play took 8 seconds
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Cheb wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:10 pm You know what's sad? That we are playing base cover-2 on every snap. We are letting the offense dictate the matchups, getting their best player singled up on a safety in zone coverage.

I will never understand why Bowles starts off being a man-coverage, blitz QBs to fuck coordinator, then regresses to a passive zone mentality.

Routes versus grass all fucking day. That crap chaps my ass.
This looks like end-game Koetter/Smith. Except Jameis was dynamic enough on his own to make the offense not completely terrible.
Snake

Post by Snake »

BucsNBills wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:11 pm Lessons learned

1:) Don't hitch your wagon to a 45 year old QB that initially picked retirement ahead of playing for you again.

2:) Lame duck Head Coaches shouldn't be picking their successors.
More like, provide more protection for your 45 yo QB. Free agent receivers don’t mean much when he has no time to throw
Max

Post by Max »

Both Bowles and Leftwich should be gone by the end of the day
Onthebrink

Post by Onthebrink »

That is the second dropped pick.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Snake wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:11 pm I hope Licht is shitting his slacks
He's probably watching 2020 Trask highlights instead of the game.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

12 seconds left in the half, three Bucs receivers clustered at the ten yard line on the right side of the field. Wtf
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

I don’t wanna get too hyperbolic but there’s some deep seated fucking problems with this team.

And it really sucks for the fans.
LFAHFN22

Post by LFAHFN22 »

Getting punked in the trenches again, as has been the story this season.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Cheb wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:12 pm 12 seconds left in the half, three Bucs receivers clustered at the ten yard line on the right side of the field. Wtf
If you don't like that playcalling then you don't like Bucs football!
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:12 pm
Cheb wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:10 pm You know what's sad? That we are playing base cover-2 on every snap. We are letting the offense dictate the matchups, getting their best player singled up on a safety in zone coverage.

I will never understand why Bowles starts off being a man-coverage, blitz QBs to fuck coordinator, then regresses to a passive zone mentality.

Routes versus grass all fucking day. That crap chaps my ass.
This looks like end-game Koetter/Smith. Except Jameis was dynamic enough on his own to make the offense not completely terrible.
This is what's so frustrating. With all of his flaws, Jameis Winston had the ability to rack up points in a hurry, no matter the system. It was never a matter of if we could score. It was how many chances was he giving the other team to score.

Now with Brady, it's basically no turnovers but no scoring either.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Seems like we can't get out of our own way...
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Rocker wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:13 pm I don’t wanna get too hyperbolic but there’s some deep seated fucking problems with this team.

Lmao we're Bucs fans. Honestly if we really suck this bad with Tom Brady I'm here for it. This is far from the most depressing season because it's hilarious that we could be this bad.
Max

Post by Max »

Cheb wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:12 pm 12 seconds left in the half, three Bucs receivers clustered at the ten yard line on the right side of the field. Wtf
Fuck Byron Leftwich
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Honestly, Im not against calling up the 49ers and seeing if they will give us a pick for Brady at this point. There is mo fix to this offense, the window already closed and it’s time to start cleaning up the mess that Licht created with the cap.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

At least the Falcons are losing
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Max wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:15 pm
Fuck Byron Leftwich
^^^
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

The Outsider wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:15 pm
Rocker wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:13 pm I don’t wanna get too hyperbolic but there’s some deep seated fucking problems with this team.

Lmao we're Bucs fans. Honestly if we really suck this bad with Tom Brady I'm here for it. This is far from the most depressing season because it's hilarious that we could be this bad.
It’s the darkest timeline and I’m all in.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Brady isn’t even close to done.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

We need to fire Bowles after this game. Let Leftwich finish out the season as interim. Hire Raheem Morris during the off-season, youngry incoming we all come full circle.
Bucsfan83

Post by Bucsfan83 »

Our team is starting to look like they should be 0 - 7 right now.
NeezDuts

Post by NeezDuts »

I hope we fire Bowles. Proven loser
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

I know there’s plenty blame to go around, but is Bowles on the hot seat if we actually lose this? We shouldn’t be getting out coached like this against this corpse of a team. His passive D giving WRs 10 yards of grass every play clearly isn’t working either. Yes it may be a different game if Mike doesn’t drop a TD, but we’re not talking about one game. We shouldn’t be looking like this with our talent.
Hammy

Post by Hammy »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:14 pm
The Outsider wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:12 pm

This is what's so frustrating. With all of his flaws, Jameis Winston had the ability to rack up points in a hurry, no matter the system. It was never a matter of if we could score. It was how many chances was he giving the other team to score.

Now with Brady, it's basically no turnovers but no scoring either.
Most games with Jameis were exciting (and plenty frustrating) at least…the last 3 games the games have legit been boring and frustrating.
Max

Post by Max »

PJ Walker is currently 11/12 for 125 yards and a touchdown with a passer rating of 137.8
Dcbucsfan

Post by Dcbucsfan »

The stubbornness to stick with predictable play calling is ridiculous! Open up the playbook and let Brady do his thing. Defense can't keep bailing us out and without the offense doing their part, defense gets gassed. For God's sake, just open it up!
Bucsfan83

Post by Bucsfan83 »

The sad thing is... if the Falcons lose today (looking likely) we'll still be first place in our division.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Snake wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:17 pm Brady isn’t even close to done.
With football? Agreed.

With this team? Ehhhhh…..
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Heisenberg wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:18 pm I know there’s plenty blame to go around, but is Bowles on the hot seat if we actually lose this? We shouldn’t be getting out coached like this against this corpse of a team. His passive D giving WRs 10 yards of grass every play clearly isn’t working either. Yes it may be a different game if Mike doesn’t drop a TD, but we’re not talking about one game. We shouldn’t be looking like this with our talent.
If we get our asses kicked in the second half he should be fired imo.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Bucsfan83 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:17 pm Our team is starting to look like they should be 0 - 7 right now.
Starting? This must be the first game you have watched this season.
Push the damned button already!
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I just have no faith this team can pull out a win. Just none. I hope they can, but that is different.
Hammy

Post by Hammy »

The Outsider wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:18 pm
Heisenberg wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:18 pm I know there’s plenty blame to go around, but is Bowles on the hot seat if we actually lose this? We shouldn’t be getting out coached like this against this corpse of a team. His passive D giving WRs 10 yards of grass every play clearly isn’t working either. Yes it may be a different game if Mike doesn’t drop a TD, but we’re not talking about one game. We shouldn’t be looking like this with our talent.
If we get our asses kicked in the second half he should be fired imo.
And left in Carolina…
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

If they come out and score on the opening possession; I’m getting drunk.