Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Pittsburgh Steelers Official Game Day Thread: Walking Wounded Edition

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
tnbandwagoner1

Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Pittsburgh Steelers Official Game Day Thread: Walking Wounded Edition

Post by tnbandwagoner1 »

I can honestly say I have never seen worse coaching on the college or pro level. And that's saying something because I'm a Vol fan and we just emerged from twenty-one years of hell.

It's really not possible for an entire coaching staff to be more worthless and incompetent than ours was today.

That said, our whole team today played like they're getting paid $20 an hour to stock shelves at Wal-Mart. I would be embarrassed to show myself in public if I were getting paid millions and put crap like that out there for the whole world to see.

But the coaching...Words really can't describe how utterly useless our coaching staff is, particularly that clown Bowles and his sidekick Lefty. There have never been two coaches in the NFL do less with more talent than those two buffoons.
Four Verticals

Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Pittsburgh Steelers Official Game Day Thread: Walking Wounded Edition

Post by Four Verticals »

Patrick McIrish wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:25 pm It's one thing for a QB to jump on others, especially when he's the hardest working guy in the room.

That was why it was so easy for me to start liking Brady, really came to respect him in a short period of time.......

Ex-teammates and aged vets around the league spoke how hard Brady worked, he wasn't a superstar that took the easy way.

As it can in life the narrative can change rather quickly.

Here lately the guy jumping on others and playing with such a quick fuse is no longer the hardest working guy on the team.

Now it's the guy that took off almost 2 weeks in the middle of camp.

Now it's a guy that goes to weddings, the owner of another team no less, and doesn't bother with the mandatory team walk-thru.

When that guy starts barking orders it's a different story entirely.

The thing that bothers me the most, it's not that Brady has tuned out......

It's the fact that players who have followed Brady through hell and high water are starting to tune him out that bothers me.

We move on........
Bravo. Sums it up for me.

I've kind of been over him since the return. The ensuing drama was even worse and now he's becoming a bit too cartoonish.

Just go away and leave us to our misery with Trask. We're good at misery.

One other thing although I was never a major fan...How's Bruce Arians and his offense looking right about now?
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

I still will never understand how Bucs fans were not fans of Arians’ 30ppg offense. It never made any sense to me and yes I wish we had that offense back.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:57 pm I still will never understand how Bucs fans were not fans of Arians’ 30ppg offense. It never made any sense to me and yes I wish we had that offense back.
We'd need to have that Oline back. Someone pointed it out today, we went from Marpet & Jensen to Goedeke & Hainsey inside. That's a major drop that you can't comb over.
Snake

Post by Snake »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:08 pm
Primeminister wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:57 pm I still will never understand how Bucs fans were not fans of Arians’ 30ppg offense. It never made any sense to me and yes I wish we had that offense back.
We'd need to have that Oline back. Someone pointed it out today, we went from Marpet & Jensen to Goedeke & Hainsey inside. That's a major drop that you can't comb over.
Two pro bowlers to a rookie and a guy who hasn’t played center since high school. It’s brutal.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:09 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:08 pm

Two pro bowlers to a rookie and a guy who hasn’t played center since high school. It’s brutal.
Not just a rookie, but a rookie that went to college as a TE, played RT and moved to G this year.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:12 pm
Snake wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:09 pm

Not just a rookie, but a rookie that went to college as a TE, played RT and moved to G this year.
No wonder Licht spent a 2nd round pick on him!
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

BucsNBills wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:35 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:12 pm

To be fair I've seen nothing to suggest he straight up can't be good and the initial plan to was likely to let him play behind Hainsey. Jensen's injury fucked that.

The issue isn't the drafting of Goedeke or where he was drafted. The issue was not immediately addressing Jensen's injury by looking outside of the roster. Someone like Tretter or Paradis could have at least been someone good enough to let Hainsey cover G.
Snake

Post by Snake »

The Outsider wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:52 pm
BucsNBills wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:35 pm

Someone like Tretter or Paradis could have at least been someone good enough to let Hainsey cover G.
We will probably never get an answer to this, but I’d like to know why they didn’t pursue this route. I’ve read that Tretter’s knee was bad enough that he was a “game day only” guy towards the end of his last stint. Which is tough for an o-line that needs reps to gel. He wasn’t the only
Dude available though.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:57 pm
The Outsider wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:52 pm

Someone like Tretter or Paradis could have at least been someone good enough to let Hainsey cover G.
We will probably never get an answer to this, but I’d like to know why they didn’t pursue this route. I’ve read that Tretter’s knee was bad enough that he was a “game day only” guy towards the end of his last stint. Which is tough for an o-line that needs reps to gel. He wasn’t the only
Dude available though.
Tretter IIRC retired because he said he was being blackballed.
Snake

Post by Snake »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:22 am
Snake wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:57 pm

Dude available though.
Tretter IIRC retired because he said he was being blackballed.
There’s that too. Head of the NFLPA.
tnbandwagoner1

Post by tnbandwagoner1 »

Open letter to Tom Brady:

You are indubitably the greatest quarterback in the history of football; your accomplishments will likely never be equalled. That said, you can make them even less likely to be equalled, and you can do it this year.

This season can still be salvaged.

You didn't sacrifice your marriage to go out like this. I know you can play another year or three after this, and hope you do; but this year is still right here before you, and you can still seize it and make it yours.

Get back to the old Tom, the one who outworks everyone else, who is more prepared than everyone else, who raises all of his teammates to another level because they don't want to disappoint you and because they're inspired by you, who strikes fear into every opposing coach and player because they know no one has ever had the fire to win that you do. It is terrible what has happened in your private life; we all mourn for you, and are sorry it happened. In the end, you were only being true to who you are; you knew you had another championship in you, and you do.

Now go get it.

Open letter to the Glazers:
You are at a crossroads. You will either go down in history as one of the most negligent, careless owners in the history of professional sports, or as one of the most adaptive and triumphant; you will either stand pat with the coaching decisions you made this past offseason, and in so doing seal your place in the annals of incompetent owners who took their responsibility to the players and fans lightly and in so doing burned up the final year this organization, and likely the league, had with the GOAT, or you will swallow your pride and recognize your mistake, now while there's still time to rectify it, and take action.

Sean Payton is unemployed. He could get this roster to the Super Bowl, this year; likely he would scuttle some players and bring a couple in - as in perhaps a couple offensive linemen. But this would be a different team within a week if he were here.

Are you happy with what you're seeing? Will you be proud if the rest of the season plays out like this? Would you mourn the loss of your ability to say you were right if you made a change and we won another Super Bowl? Fix your mistake. The fans who buy your tickets deserve better. The fans who watch your team from all over the world deserve better. The players deserve better.

You deserve better.

You have the ability to fix it. So go do it.
nybf

Post by nybf »

1/3 of your defense making errors on crucial plays sure says a lot.
Snake

Post by Snake »

nybf wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:21 pm

They’re coasting on the super bowl from 2 years ago!
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Combine that with Winfield's fuckup at the end of the NFC Championship game it seems like this defense has a problem with discipline and concentration late in ball games going back to last season at least.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

which clearly identifies it as a coaching issue.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

vivalaReagan wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:55 pm

which clearly identifies it as a coaching issue.
Not necessarily. There's at least one very good defensive player on our team who doesn't strike me as the brightest.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:16 pm I think @Dread said it earlier this week, never underestimate a Mike Tomlin coached team.
Yeah, Pittsburgh came to play and scoring on that first drive was huge for them b/c kept their fans in the game. They also got a good bounce off the crossbar which would've dramatically changed momentum and been at least a 3pt (if not 6-10pt) swing in the game. Then the KO return to open the 2nd half gave them 3 more pts.

The Steelers didn't have much margin for error and didn't make many mistakes. Meanwhile the Bucs tripped over themselves offensively AGAIN and couldn't get a stop on 3rd down in the 4th quarter.

That's the recipe for getting upset when you're a huge favorite.