Albert Breer expects Russell Wilson To Be Traded...

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
IronDog

Re: Albert Breer expects Russell Wilson To Be Traded...

Post by IronDog »

Pete's the bomb! And he'll fight anyone who disagrees with me!
Push the damned button already!
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Russell with Evans, Godwin, and Fournette as our big 3. Restructure Brate and keep him and maybe Howard for cheap (or another young and athletic TE with upside). Stinnie and Hainsey to step in for Jansen and Cappa. Vaughn can be RB2. That’s still a top 10 offense, maybe top 5.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

according to NFL Network, the Buccaneers have shifted their focus to the quarterback trade market for the upcoming offseason. The report specifically shared that the Bucs have done "extensive homework" on Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson and are one of the teams "expected to explore" a trade for Seattle Seahawks signal-caller Russell Wilson, should the two passers be available.
Here we go!
Snake

Post by Snake »

Need to convince those QBs they’re coming into a great situation. Assets will be going out the door. Those QBs will get new deals. Cap is already tight. It would be quite the undertaking.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Phantom wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:27 pm
according to NFL Network, the Buccaneers have shifted their focus to the quarterback trade market for the upcoming offseason. The report specifically shared that the Bucs have done "extensive homework" on Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson and are one of the teams "expected to explore" a trade for Seattle Seahawks signal-caller Russell Wilson, should the two passers be available.
Here we go!
So it appears Trask was a waste of a pick after all…For further Context, Deshaun Watson is about 18 months older than Kyle Trask. We acquire him, it’ll be with the thought that he’s our QB for the next 8-10 years minimum.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:46 pm

Here we go!
So it appears Trask was a waste of a pick after all…For further Context, Deshaun Watson is about 18 months older than Kyle Trask. We acquire him, it’ll be with the thought that he’s our QB for the next 8-10 years minimum.
I imagine Trask would be part of any QB trade we make. Everything I’ve heard says he compares favorably to this years rookie QB class.

That said, would have been nice to have had another WR to play with at that pick. Elijah Moore was my guy in last years draft. If AB wasn’t brought back… and we managed to snag Moore… wonder how different things could have been for us…. Perhaps we’d be playing the Bengals today.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

real bucs fan wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:45 pm

I imagine Trask would be part of any QB trade we make. Everything I’ve heard says he compares favorably to this years rookie QB class.

That said, would have been nice to have had another WR to play with at that pick. Elijah Moore was my guy in last years draft. If AB wasn’t brought back… and we managed to snag Moore… wonder how different things could have been for us…. Perhaps we’d be playing the Bengals today.
Exactly. WR. DL. OL even. A 2nd round pick is valuable, despite what people have been trying to convince me of lately. Carlton Davis was taken with the same 64th overall pick and all he's done is become our top corner. Godwin was taken after that pick. The idea that a year after selecting a QB in round 2 he's not even in the plans long term to be our starter makes this a bad pick.

Any team, whether it be Houston or Seattle would see the same thing. "Jason, you just took Trask in the 2nd last year. He was never active on game day, never saw the field. But you want to include him as a trade piece. Convince me".
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I would absolutely trade for Wilson. Brady has set an almost gross level of expectation for a "Franchise QB". Yeah, we'd all love a 10+ year guy but the real NFL runs on 2-3 year windows.

BOTH of our Super Bowls have come off QBs who have just swung through town for a couple of years.

I have zero issue for us shooting our shot at any of these guys.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:56 pm I would absolutely trade for Wilson. Brady has set an almost gross level of expectation for a "Franchise QB". Yeah, we'd all love a 10+ year guy but the real NFL runs on 2-3 year windows.

BOTH of our Super Bowls have come off QBs who have just swung through town for a couple of years.

I have zero issue for us shooting our shot at any of these guys.
Ironically both Wilson & Brady were 10+ year guys. Seems your logic applies only for the Bucs.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Here we go!
This is a childishly simple take.

We don't even know if we're going to hit on a QB this offseason. Even if we do, this ideal narrative fantasy is hilarious.
"Should we secure this guy we really like and can groom for a while behind Brady?"
"Nah, I'm sure we'll totally luck out again at QB the offseason he happens to retire."

I don't know if we'll hit on a big trade this offseason. You're retroactively judging if something was a smart or dumb move after the fact based on factors they couldn't possibly have considered.
"Bruh, how dumb you gotta be to draft Trask not knowing Kyler would IG break up with Kliff."

Also, you don't always get what you want. The other team also needs to accept the move. Remember JL offering everyone trades to move back up in the second to get Cook but there were no takers? That happens.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Here we go!
Just stay the hell away from Wentz. I always thought something smelled fishy in Philly and now the Colts are just straight up moving on. Fuck that. I'll trust the corpse of Wilson first
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

I am still waiting for the 3rd game of Pre-Season for both Brady and Gronk to say they are coming back to Tampa
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

The Outsider wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:27 pm
kaimaru wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:26 pm

Matt Ryan has 10k more yards than Stafford. If Stafford doesn't win a Super Bowl with this super team. He probably won't get in.
Matt Ryan has also played a year longer than Stafford and has only missed 3 games in his career. Stafford had 3 seasons where he played 3, 8, and 10 games respectively. He also played for the fucking Lions.

But, considering that wasn't at all the point of the post that you quoted I'll finish by saying that Stafford just had the best season of his career at the age of 33.
While that is true. No one has had a 2021 Cooper Kupp on their team. The team has such a ferocious pass rush to get turnovers or end drives. He even got OBJ as his #2 and his # 3 was pretty good in Van Jefferson. Add Tyler Higbee and a pair of RBs with 50 receptions total, it would be embarrassing if this wasn't his best season of his career. I still stand by that if he didn't win a Super Bowl that he might not get in. After all, how many great QBs on shitty teams year after year make it to the Hall? Marino was on 10 playoff teams. Sure some years sucked but not at the end or beginning of his career.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

We pretending Matt Ryan didn't have Julio Jones for 10 years??
Snake

Post by Snake »

Upon retiring, Matt Ryan is going to fade into obscurity so fast it’ll make your head spin.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:13 pm We pretending Matt Ryan didn't have Julio Jones for 10 years??
Which is my point. If Matt Ryan doesn't get in without a Super Bowl win, I couldn't see how Stafford could.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:29 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:13 pm We pretending Matt Ryan didn't have Julio Jones for 10 years??
Which is my point. If Matt Ryan doesn't get in without a Super Bowl win, I couldn't see how Stafford could.
Who said Matt Ryan wasn't a HOF QB? He's a former league MVP. I believe he's close to or is on pace to finish with the most passing yards ever provided he plays another half decade or more. He's currently the active leader in that category and is 8th overall. I think he's a good bet to make the HOF. Maybe not 1st ballot but eventually
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Snake wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:19 pm Upon retiring, Matt Ryan is going to fade into obscurity so fast it’ll make your head spin.
It seems the consensus is that Ryan will get in from stats alone. Which is crazy to me.

Outside of 1 year, he's almost never in the top 1/4 of QBs in the NFL. He doesn't really even belong in the same conversation with Eli Manning. Patrick Mahomes and Joe Burrow already have more positive career defining moments than he does...but STATS.

Even in his MVP year most thought Rodgers was a much better QB, but the Falcons had the better record. He almost never looks amazing when you watch him and he's never been a guy that you fear when they are on the schedule.

Not sure of how many other ways I can say I don't see it than that, lol.

edit: I posted the same time as Bootz, but he's likely a HOF...just doesn't feel right. There are likely a long list of players who we will see get in from this generation that aren't all-time great, but put up numbers.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:52 pm
Snake wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:19 pm Upon retiring, Matt Ryan is going to fade into obscurity so fast it’ll make your head spin.

Even in his MVP year most thought Rodgers was a much better QB, but the Falcons had the better record. He almost never looks amazing when you watch him and he's never been a guy that you fear when they are on the schedule.
I beat this horse during the Rodgers/Brady MVP discussion. But guess what 2 categories Ryan lead the league in that year? TD% & QBR. That's why he won the award that year and why something like 6 of the last 7 QBs have won the award.

His numbers get him in. Same with Rivers.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:58 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:52 pm

I beat this horse during the Rodgers/Brady MVP discussion. But guess what 2 categories Ryan lead the league in that year? TD% & QBR. That's why he won the award that year and why something like 6 of the last 7 QBs have won the award.
I get it, not arguing that far back. Ryan is just painfully mediocre.

He's had ridiculous talent and bad defenses which he's put up a ton of stats with.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Just like he’s done during his career. I never got the Matt Ryan hype.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

I’ve never liked Stafford, but he is and always has been a waaaaaaay better QB than Matt Ryan.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Deja Entendu wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:39 pm

I’ve never liked Stafford, but he is and always has been a waaaaaaay better QB than Matt Ryan.
Based on what?
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:10 pm

Based on what?
Watching them play.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Based on what?
Matt Ryan skill players:
Michael Turner 4 years
Roddy White 8
Tony Gonzalez 5
Julio Jones 10
Devonta Freeman 6
Calvin Ridley 4
Austin Hooper 4
Kyle Pitts 1

Matthew Stafford (DET) skill players:
Calvin Johnson 7 years
Golden Tate 4 1/2
Reggie Bush 2

He did more with a lot less.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Deja Entendu wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:49 pm

Based on what?
Watching them play.
AKA subjective observation? That's the only thing?

I don't see how you can make an accurate assessment that Matt Stafford was better in while in Detroit than Matt Ryan was.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:55 pm

Based on what?
Matt Ryan skill players:
Michael Turner 4 years
Roddy White 8
Tony Gonzalez 5
Julio Jones 10
Devonta Freeman 6
Calvin Ridley 4
Austin Hooper 4
Kyle Pitts 1

Calvin Johnson 7 years
Golden Tate 4 1/2
Reggie Bush 2

Stafford did more what?
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Here's a novel thought, Ryan and Stafford are both probably HoF inductees at some point.
MJW

Post by MJW »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:07 am Here's a novel thought, Ryan and Stafford are both probably HoF inductees at some point.
Neither one should be, but this is probably true. Both are the platonic ideal of "Ring Of Honor" type players. Nobody but a Falcons fan is ever going to tell their kids about seeing Matt Ryan play. Stafford still has a few years to write the rest of his story, but some fantasy football stats over an irrelevant decade and then getting LeBron'd to a loaded roster and winning 1 ring shouldn't equal the HOF. Is it possible things are different if he's not in Detroit? Sure. Just like it's possible Aaron Rodgers doesn't have a ring if K2 doesn't push off. Who cares?
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:33 pm
kaimaru wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:55 pm

Matt Ryan skill players:
Michael Turner 4 years
Roddy White 8
Tony Gonzalez 5
Julio Jones 10
Devonta Freeman 6
Calvin Ridley 4
Austin Hooper 4
Kyle Pitts 1

Calvin Johnson 7 years
Golden Tate 4 1/2
Reggie Bush 2

Stafford did more what?
You know what I am saying. He had skill players everywhere and in every year. 42 good to great skill players over 14 seasons which is an average of 3 each season. Stafford had 13 1/2 which is just over 1 each season. Outside of Bush, what running back did Stafford have? A bunch of nobodies. How many good receiving tight ends did he have? Of course he lost a lot, but still put up numbers. They made him try to win games with a mediocre receivers, and a few years he was running for his life because didn't have an oline to protect him. I still don't think Matthew Stafford isn't that great, but considering his coaches, GM decisions, and ownership I think over all he is about the same as Matt Ryan only he was in a much worse position. Arthur Blank is vocal about wanting to win. I have never read or heard the Ford family ever lamenting the ongoing losing.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:47 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:33 pm

Stafford did more what?
You know what I am saying. He had skill players everywhere and in every year. 42 good to great skill players over 14 seasons which is an average of 3 each season. Stafford had 13 1/2 which is just over 1 each season. Outside of Bush, what running back did Stafford have? A bunch of nobodies. How many good receiving tight ends did he have? Of course he lost a lot, but still put up numbers. They made him try to win games with a mediocre receivers, and a few years he was running for his life because didn't have an oline to protect him. I still don't think Matthew Stafford isn't that great, but considering his coaches, GM decisions, and ownership I think over all he is about the same as Matt Ryan only he was in a much worse position. Arthur Blank is vocal about wanting to win. I have never read or heard the Ford family ever lamenting the ongoing losing.
So it seems with less, Stafford did….less and not more. Even by your own admission here.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:07 pm
Sherman's right.

Before this SB, did you literally ever hear Stafford mentioned as a Hall Of Famer? Should one game - with a loaded team - change that? Especially when he threw two picks and didn't win MVP?

There's a bigger gap between, say, Stafford and Rivers (a very low-end future HOFer) and Stafford and someone like Joe Flacco, another SB winner who has zero chance at the HOF.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:03 am
King Bootz wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:07 pm
Sherman's right.

Before this SB, did you literally ever hear Stafford mentioned as a Hall Of Famer? Should one game - with a loaded team - change that? Especially when he threw two picks and didn't win MVP?

There's a bigger gap between, say, Stafford and Rivers (a very low-end future HOFer) and Stafford and someone like Joe Flacco, another SB winner who has zero chance at the HOF.
I was firmly in the "WTF is Sean McVay thinking" crowd when he acquired Stafford. Sure he was a clear upgrade over Goff. But he was still at best a top 15(?) QB in this league. Basically this generations Archie Manning.

Does he have this type of season anywhere else? No chance. He got put in the perfect storm. HOF though? Miss me with that.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:40 am

I was firmly in the "WTF is Sean McVay thinking" crowd when he acquired Stafford.
That's putting it mildly