TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS @ NEW YORK J-E-T-S OFFICIAL GAME DAY THREAD

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Draftline

Re: TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS @ NEW YORK J-E-T-S OFFICIAL GAME DAY THREAD

Post by Draftline »

13F11B wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:58 pm Why the fuck are you going for 2?
My guess is a statement because of the Jets 4 down attempt and of course because a FG wouldnt be enough then.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Primeminister wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:05 pm
Babeinbucland wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:01 pm

I cannot get the game where I am- what happneded?
Been stuck at work the whole ride. This shit happened? Lmao. Have Tommy tell AB he needs to chill the fuck out and have a Snickers
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Primeminister wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:05 pm
Babeinbucland wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:01 pm

I cannot get the game where I am- what happneded?
W.T.F? Good God- not only did he let down Buc nation, the coaches, his teammates, he very specifically let down Tom Brady who fought to bring him here. I personally never wanted him because of his abusive behavior to women. But once he was here I wanted him to turn his life around. Dicks gonna dick. Thank you for catching me up PM
Last edited by Babeinbucland on Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I said what I said

Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

and so ends the saga of Antonio Brown....
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

It’s official. BA said AB is no longer a Buc in the presser.
Don't tread on me
Max

Post by Max »

Releasing AB would be such a blow to this team. Johnson/Perriman/Grayson at WR2 just isn't going to fly in the playoffs.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Also, if AB tries to say it is because of bonus money then he is an idiot. There is an entire game left. What a selfish moron.
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

Arians had reservations from the beginning.....

I bet Brady feels let down. Vouches for the guy and he quits mid-game on the team!

I guarantee you TB is more than fine with the decision to let his ass go.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Buc2 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:13 pm It’s official. BA said AB is no longer a Buc in the presser.
I did not see this on my station. Local broadcast?
Doooshnzl

Post by Doooshnzl »

Max wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:13 pm Releasing AB would be such a blow to this team. Johnson/Perriman/Grayson at WR2 just isn't going to fly in the playoffs.
So, what, you want to keep him?
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Max wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:13 pm Releasing AB would be such a blow to this team. Johnson/Perriman/Grayson at WR2 just isn't going to fly in the playoffs.
I think keeping a dude that showed the entire NFL he was only concerned with his personal numbers would have been a bigger issue.
Patrick McIrish

No release to it, he quit!

The shame of this is if we don't repeat everyone is going to point to this as the reason......

I doubt the locker room would even play with this punk at this point.

You don't do that shit to the team.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

You cannot keep Brown at this point
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Brown to Packers and Rams incoming
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

True but their mind sounds made up. I cant blame them either. It is inexcusable on AB's part.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

We're a much weaker team without AB but I don't see how Bruce could keep him.

Plus which players outside of Brady would want him back? Evans was begging him on the sidelines so I'm sure he burnt his bridge with Mike.

Given ABs past we got off easy with his bullshit.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:11 pm and so ends the saga of Antonio Brown....
Genug iz genug. Gey gezunterheit (this is sarcasm)
Last edited by Babeinbucland on Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I said what I said

Patrick McIrish

That's the ultimate no-no.

Let this go and next week maybe an OLman decides to quit during the game? Or a pair of them?

And for sure you know AB would do it again.

I liked his on field play too but he clowned the entire organization with that bullshit.....

But no bigger clown than he made of himself.

By tonight he's regretting this choice, guaranteed.
0-26 Survivor

Post by 0-26 Survivor »

From appearances, Brown bit the hand that fed him. Bye, Felicia.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Phantom wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:17 pm Brown to Packers and Rams incoming
I can’t see them adding Brown mid playoff after he just quit during a game.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

13F11B wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:15 pm
Buc2 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:13 pm It’s official. BA said AB is no longer a Buc in the presser.
I did not see this on my station. Local broadcast?
I saw it on the Bucs Facebook page. It was the first question he was asked. He never hesitated and said, “Antonio Brown is no longer on this football team.”
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Fuck AB. You quit on my team and let down your teammates as well as the one guy that had your back through everything. Tom Brady. Fuck you, AB.

I’m done talking about him now.
Don't tread on me
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

What happened with the SMB injury?
Max

Post by Max »

Doooshnzl wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:16 pm
So, what, you want to keep him?
I don't know what happened or what I would've done.

And it doesn't change the fact that not having AB on this roster probably cuts our Super Bowl chances in half. We went from Evans/Godwin/Brown to an ailing Evans. 

Johnson is having a terrible, bust-like season. Perriman was cut by the Lions a few weeks ago. That can work against arguably the worst passing defense in the league. What happens when we play a good pass defense without any starting level receivers was on display against the Saints. So Evans better stays healthy and we better hope to not face a defense with a true lockdown corner in the playoffs.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Lol AB is done.
Hammy

Post by Hammy »

Buc2 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:24 pm Fuck AB. You quit on my team and let down your teammates as well as the one guy that had your back through everything. Tom Brady. Fuck you, AB.

I’m done talking about him now.
I don’t want him the team any longer…but, I hope he gets the mental health assistance that he no doubt needs.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

First, fuck AB.

But for the sake of argument, let's say all this behavior is predicated off bad CTE.

How do we reconcile his behavior, judging it, while also being mindful that he has a dangerous and degenerative brain disorder brought on by football?
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

ATrain wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:13 pm First, fuck AB.

But for the sake of argument, let's say all this behavior is predicated off bad CTE.

How do we reconcile his behavior, judging it, while also being mindful that he has a dangerous and degenerative brain disorder brought on by football?
I don’t have to reconcile anything.
Don't tread on me
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

Don’t you know? Pride and Arians getting to say I told you so is much more important than actually having a chance at another Super Bowl title. Everybody knows character is all that counts - that’s why Andy Reid only signs high-character guys and wins with them.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

Keeping him would shatter morale.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Tnbandwagoner wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:22 pm
Don’t you know? Pride and Arians getting to say I told you so is much more important than actually having a chance at another Super Bowl title. Everybody knows character is all that counts - that’s why Andy Reid only signs high-character guys and wins with them.
Listen man, I don't care and the quality human of human being our players are. I don't care about any of the off field stuff AB did. I don't care about the dumb vaccine card debacle. But what I do care about is what he does on the field.

He literally quit on the team while they were at their lowest. I think we were down by 14 and things were getting out of control. And ABs response to that was to spit in the face of his teammates. He bailed on the team when they needed him most.

There's now sources saying AB took himself out of the game and refused to go back in, which makes this an even greater betrayal.

There was no choice here. AB cut himself. His presence would've been a cancer in the locker room and would do more harm than good.
Dread

Post by Dread »

CantonJester wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:30 pm
Keeping him would shatter morale.
Yup. You can't keep a player who quits like that on the team.

I hope AB gets the help he needs without the structure of football. I hope he didn't burn too many bridges.

As for the Bucs, losing AB hurts on the field for sure. Especially with no Godwin. But hopefully this can galvinzie/rally the offense somewhat.

Shout out to Cyril Grayson for another great game. We need him to continue to step up down the stretch. Perriman also..
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

Buc2 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:16 pm
ATrain wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:13 pm First, fuck AB.

I don’t have to reconcile anything.
It'd be really convenient to just label him with some sort of self-centered narcissistic disorder, but what if he's got CTE? At this point, it has to be on the table, no?

He was 8 catches, 55 yards and a touchdown away from amassing $1 million in bonus money, and Tom Brady is like his best friend on the planet. That level of poor decision-making usually nets you a prison sentence.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

CantonJester wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:37 pm It'd be really convenient to just label him with some sort of self-centered narcissistic disorder, but what if he's got CTE? At this point, it has to be on the table, no?

He was 8 catches, 55 yards and a touchdown away from amassing $1 million in bonus money, and Tom Brady is like his best friend on the planet. That level of poor decision-making usually nets you a prison sentence.
He still would have had next week too. Not sure why he went stupid but, like you, I suspect that CTE might be a cause. I hope not but not much else explains what he did.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

13F11B wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:04 pm
CantonJester wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:37 pm It'd be really convenient to just label him with some sort of self-centered narcissistic disorder, but what if he's got CTE? At this point, it has to be on the table, no?

He still would have had next week too. Not sure why he went stupid but, like you, I suspect that CTE might be a cause. I hope not but not much else explains what he did.
Yeah, I brain-cramped there - I meant to include the chances of Brady declaring a side mission of getting AB 8 balls, 55 yards (and many more) with a touchdown so that he reaches that $1 million in bonus money as quite high.