On the bright side:

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Snake

On the bright side:

Post by Snake »

Games remaining…

Panthers (5-9)
Jets (3-11)
Panthers (5-9)

NFC South standings

Bucs 10-4
Saints 7-7
Falcons 6-8
Panthers 5-9

Win one game and the division is cinched up. Get healthy for the playoff run. Let’s gooo.
13F11B

Re: On the bright side:

Post by 13F11B »

Given how the Buccaneers seem to perform at times that is a very difficult three games. The Saints could take the division.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

^^^^

Do you have any info on Evans, Godwin and Fournette's injuries?

I know AB and Edwards will be back next week and AWJ and Sherman should also be back.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Snake

Post by Snake »

Defense5599 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:45 pm Do you have any info on Evans, Godwin and Fournette's injuries?
Won’t know for a couple days.

As I’ve said before, Godwin seemed to pass his Lachman’s test and was cutting on the sideline after the big hit. Doubt imaging gets performed unless he reports pain/instability in coming days. Other concern is his neck/brain. They probably were cautious in keeping him out. Nothing was mentioned about a concussion.

Fournette and Evans both had hammies. ME has a history with those. I’m guessing he misses at least a week because reinjury is common and they need him for playoff push. No idea how severe it was.

No idea on Fournette.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Defense5599 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:45 pm ^^^^

Do you have any info on Evans, Godwin and Fournette's injuries?

I know AB and Edwards will be back next week and AWJ and Sherman should also be back.
This touches on what I was going to say. The bright side is that Godwin didn't seem to suffer a catastrophic injury.

We lost badly but there is still hope we could be fully healthy by the playoffs, or at least close to it.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

13F11B wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:45 pm Given how the Buccaneers seem to perform at times that is a very difficult three games. The Saints could take the division.
Tom Brady will never go 0-3 in this scenario
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

To crib from Ichy's picture last week (because it was too good to lose), this is another tremendous bright side: The first trophy was won when we weren't a #1 seed and we had to beat the Eagles on the road, the team that had owned us. The second trophy was won when we had to win three games on the road against division champions and we did it anyway, beating the Saints and the Packers in their houses. We need to get healthy again, but there is still time . We could still win a third one.

Nano

Post by Nano »

We can still finish the season 0-3 and not even make the playoffs...
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Nano wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:00 am We can still finish the season 0-3 and not even make the playoffs...
I was told that that wasn’t possible.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

I've played the then-four loss scenario in which the Saints took the division and I couldn't figure out how to slip past the seventh seed. It must be possible, I guess. But I'm looking on the bright side, we could also go 7-0 and add a third piece of hardware to the two above. Neither is likely, so I choose the happier not-likely.
Nano

Post by Nano »

The main scenario I got. You need a 49ers and WFT streak.
Dread

Post by Dread »

If we wanted to win the Super Bowl we had to get swept by the Saints in the regular season.

It's Science
McFan

Post by McFan »

I think you're in deep "doo doo" in 2 weeks...

But all kidding aside, every team needs a game like that on the way to the playoffs. Maybe not quite that bad, but a game to keep you more "grounded", that' there's always work to do. I wouldn't get too crazy over it, but with a very manageable schedule remaining, it will be fine.

As the most outspoken JETS fan in here, those games are no fun. We play 15 of them every year (so it seems).