Antoine Winfield Jr.: PAID

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Grahamburn

Re: Antoine Winfield Jr.: PAID

Post by Grahamburn »

Snake wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:23 pm
Grahamburn wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:44 pm
Didn’t realize he had a half sleeve of the SB trophy with the Bucs logo too. Sick.
Should have been able to get him for less. He’s kind of committed.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Bucs didn't get any discounts at all here. He'll be a FA again at 29 years old.

Most hated man in America.
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

Bootz wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:51 pm Bucs didn't get any discounts at all here. He'll be a FA again at 29 years old.

I know I'm making a bit of a short sighted comment but that's "years from now problems" and we have sort of a window. I mean, I wouldn't classify the Bucs as an elite team (see: Detroit game) BUT we addressed our offensive line and aren't exactly in this super hard division. AWJ at least lets the Bucs fall back asswards into the playoffs where anything can happen. If the Giants can punch above their weight to 2 Super Bowls we may have another in us with Baker

/Doc's hopeium
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

These Are The Days wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:15 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:51 pm Bucs didn't get any discounts at all here. He'll be a FA again at 29 years old.

I know I'm making a bit of a short sighted comment but that's "years from now problems" and we have sort of a window. I mean, I wouldn't classify the Bucs as an elite team (see: Detroit game) BUT we addressed our offensive line and aren't exactly in this super hard division. AWJ at least lets the Bucs fall back asswards into the playoffs where anything can happen. If the Giants can punch above their weight to 2 Super Bowls we may have another in us with Baker

/Doc's hopeium
I can agree with that assessment. That's not even "hopeium". AWJ is a truly elite player that we paid a premium to keep and has proven to be vital in our winning formula. In that regard he helps us. But this is a relatively short term deal and a few years from now he can secure the bag even further. In that regard, we help him.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I know we tend to reserve fit talk for OC and QB but holy hell is Bowles-AWJ also a hell of a fit and one that is totally worth the price tag.

Don't look now but we've officially declared this a window.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

AWJ is 100% elite defender at every level of the defense. Box safety, line decoy/blitzer, high defender... you name it, he can do it. Man had a legitimate case for DPOY last year and hasn't hit his peak.

Looking forward to snagging a singed Winfield jersey to hang next to my signed Barber jersey.

Fuck it, I'll say it - Licht is cooking this offseason.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Nice! Fucking deserved as well. He's the best safety in the league and got paid like it.

Anyone think we're getting Wirfs for less than 30 mil per?

edit: Also, can we all agree that AWJ is the second coming of Ronde? Just makes plays all over the field and is a legit weapon on defense.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

AWJ is the first coming of AWJ.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Backside wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:26 pm
Buc2 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:42 pm

Ian Rapoport should be ashamed of himself. If you're gonna show a pic of AWJ, it has to be this one...

Idk, that red top pewter pants look in his original picture also looks damn good.
Then photoshop the "deuces" photo to put him in red & pewter. :D
Don't tread on me
Ken

Post by Ken »

I will never begrudge a man getting his money, and this one comes with the bonus of us having the league's best safety locked up for 4 seasons. Win/win.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

CONTRACT NOTES
$45M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2024 salary + 2025 salary)
2026 salary fully guarantees in March 2026
2027 Roster Bonus: $1.5M (March 2027)
2028 Void Year for cap purposes
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Looking forward to AWJ and JW laying the wood to the opposition this season. Gotta be some fancy defensive surprises involving those two, whether it be individually or in tandem.