Bucs vs Saints Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Dread

Re: Bucs vs Saints Discussion

Post by Dread »

SMB is on IR, so he's definitely out lol
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:55 pm SMB is on IR, so he's definitely out lol
@Defense5599 most definitely is not keeping up with this team this year. He gave us this gem last week.
Defense5599 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:25 pm Scotty Miller has been by and large invisible this season.
nybf

Post by nybf »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:57 pm
@Defense5599 most definitely is not keeping up with this team this year. He gave us this gem last week.
Defense5599 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:25 pm Scotty Miller has been by and large invisible this season.
He hasn't had a catch in over a month! :lol:
Dread

Post by Dread »

OUT: Taysom Hill (concussion), Dwayne Washington (neck), Payton Turner (calf), Andrus Peat (pectoral)

WR Deonte Harris is QUESTIONABLE with a hamstring
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Would Brady doing some roll outs catch the Saints off guard. Might buy him the time to launch some long passes.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

This might be the perfect time to show a new wrinkle in the offense. Do it briefly like it's a thing to come when really we are holding back and working on something else also.
BLT

Post by BLT »

I think we should run some RPO’s with Brady.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

@BLT Just glancing at your name so I gotta ask, you a friend of Hambone's?
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

BJJ34 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:38 am
Rocker wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:49 pm Sometimes, I cook waffles on my muffler.
You military folks and your weird euphemisms.
A lot of them seem to include "brick" for some reason too. My dad and uncle (AF/Army) would use the work brick almost daily. Odd.
Damn autocorrect
Last edited by kaimaru on Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLT

Post by BLT »

mdb1958 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:55 pm @BLT Just glancing at your name so I gotta ask, you a friend of Hambone's?
No relation
MJW

Post by MJW »

I just heard Scotty is likely going to be practicing again after the bye. Very excited to get him back into the fold.

Any news on SMB? The impression I got was there's hope to get him back for the stretch run.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

BLT wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:36 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:55 pm @BLT Just glancing at your name so I gotta ask, you a friend of Hambone's?
No relation
Bacon lettuce and tomato but no Ham
Nano

Post by Nano »

Despite having a poor first couple of games, seems he's turned it around.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Nano wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:20 am Image

I question these metrics a bit, for the same reason I quest PFF. Who's to say if a corner who gets beat was supposed to drop coverage and the safety just failed to get over?

That said, not shocked by this. Dean has been as good in October as he was not great in September.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Dread

Post by Dread »

MJW wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:20 am

I just heard Scotty is likely going to be practicing again after the bye. Very excited to get him back into the fold.

Any news on SMB? The impression I got was there's hope to get him back for the stretch run.
I read SMB was seen at practice this week off to the side working with trainers. He was wearing an elbow brace on his right arm.

Both SMB and CD3 should be back shortly after the bye week imo.

Also, the fact we didn't put AB on IR this week should be viewed as a good thing since the IR designation requires a player miss atleast 3 games (not just 3 weeks in the event of a bye).
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

MJW wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:46 am

I question these metrics a bit, for the same reason I quest PFF. Who's to say if a corner who gets beat was supposed to drop coverage and the safety just failed to get over?

That said, not shocked by this. Dean has been as good in October as he was not great in September.
To see the picture as it should be seen the rest of our defensive backfield needs to be shown at that time period also. Defenses identify the weak links.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

mdb1958 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:08 pm This might be the perfect time to show a new wrinkle in the offense. Do it briefly like it's a thing to come when really we are holding back and working on something else also.
Maybe they will throw Kyle Trask on the field and run the play the Saints did in the playoffs. That would smack of payback a bit much though.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

13F11B wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:59 am
mdb1958 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:08 pm This might be the perfect time to show a new wrinkle in the offense. Do it briefly like it's a thing to come when really we are holding back and working on something else also.
Maybe they will throw Kyle Trask on the field and run the play the Saints did in the playoffs. That would smack of payback a bit much though.

I'm thinking progression and target recipient. It would depend on the strength of the pass rush of who we face.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

We killed folks doing that with Lenny.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Here's to hoping Suh and Vea give Throckmorton, Ruiz, and McCoy all they can handle. Would love to see a OLB knock Kamara on his butt on his way out for a pass.

Question for anyone that has replay. Have Suh and Vea been swapping sides a lot when we are in four man alignment? I seen it once during the Bears game but I was busy in the kitchen.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Dean, Facyson, and Diggs are the only CBs on that list, which is more impressive imo.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Was every single completion against him in the Cowboys game?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:32 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:11 pm Giants cut CB Josh Jackson
Allowing 74.2% completion percentage this year.
He's a Chief now.
LavonteDavid54

Post by LavonteDavid54 »

TDTB12 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:24 am
Jason Bourne wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:13 am

Lol what significant player were the saint missing ? We were missing Vita and still beat them. That’s what good teams do
Taysom Hill and Latavious Murray. Thankfully Hill didn't play. We didn't have an answer for him in either game last year. He's also out this week as well. Man we have to be the luckiest team in football.
Who are you ??? Idk if you’re being sarcastic or just trolling the board. A bitter fan? Looks like a pretty bland, thrown together user name ( TD-TB12) and never been around here before.

We’ve been BY FAR the most decimated contender with injuries in ALL of football!! SMB, CD3, AWJ, Dean, Sherman, JPP, L.David all missed games or are still missing games on defense. We are playing without our entire secondary most of the season.
Then on offense we’ve been without our Qb top TWO weapons in big games including the TOP WR going back to week 10 of last year in AB and of course Gronk . Who was looking night and day from last year, playing like Pro Bowl Gronk. We’ve also lost our speed, deep threat in S.Miller whos contributions can’t ever be overlooked.

The ONLY thing stopping from penciling us in the NFC Title game IS INJURIES!!

I’m not even a cocky , we’ll do this and we’ll do that fan. Im a pessimistic fan with Post Traumatic Bucs Disorder - Even think we lose this week actually. However we are FAAAAR from lucky re: injuries and I feel I’ve been baited in even replying to this because anyone with 1/2 brain knows that.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Backside wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:27 am

Right lol. Seems kind of unbelievable. Dak attacked him almost exclusively with zero resistance.

That said, in keeping with the "but look who they played" narrative, he only played 12 snaps against the Rams (Stafford). So these numbers are coming against Matt Ryan, Jacoby Brissett, Jalen Hurts, and Justin Field.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I agree with Bootz,
LavonteDavid54

Post by LavonteDavid54 »

Dread wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:04 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:21 pm

You know people say the same thing about us and the Cowboys. It's a terrible argument to make either way. The epitome of talking out of your ass. Throwing shit at a wall knowing nothing will stick.
Except the Cowboys looked good that game week 1 and have looked good since then. That Bucs v Cowboys game just came down to who had the ball last is all, which happens alot in the NFL.

The Packers on the other hand looked way different week 1 then they have in the every game since.

Kudos to the Saints for opening the season ready to play and taking to the Packers. But are they the team that whipped Aaron Rodgers and the Packers or are they the team who got whipped by Sam Darnold and the Panthers and lost at home to Danny Dimes and the Giants?

Another way to look at it is have the Saints looked anywhere close to as good as they did week one in the 5 games they've played since? I'd argue they haven't, which support the view that they were fortunate to catch Green Bay when they did.

If the Bucs played Dallas this week it would likely be a similar type of game as week 1 since both teams have proven thus far to be who they were that night.
I’m only chiming in because of my take on Dallas. Now full disclosure I am bias a bit against them.

That said, both teams FULLY HEALTHY ?!!! NO WAY we give away 4 boneheaded turnovers. They set up or took away instant points. Them ending in a +3 turnover battle made that game closer than it would be. They also have benefited from their first 3 opponents being flagged an avg 12x for 100 yrds! Including some really bad missed holding calls and questionable ones. Cost LAC a victory! Also Diggs won’t have 16/17 Ints will he?

ALL TEAMS healthy, the LA Rams are the team that pose us the biggest threat but if we have our FULL secondary, AB n RUN the ball like Ari did ? I believe we should win. Tampa’s gotta take advantage of the run blockers we have n Fournette vs top teams.

** NO Saints defense however, is our toughest defense to match up against.
LavonteDavid54

Post by LavonteDavid54 »

One last thought regarding Bucs v Saints and our history. Idk how many of you guys remember they SWEPT us in the 02’ SB year! Opening day in Tampa in OT 26-20? Donte Stallworth beat us on a ridiculous long TD. That was the “ rivals” losses SB year. Saints swept us, Phi our playoff nemesis and Steelers “ paper weight champions “ all got us.

As for current rivalry. I think whoever gets played as the underdog with no chance gets an emotional edge. I think the media is a BIG part of why Saints play as physical and emotional as they do against us. For two years in a row the press have WRITTEN them off without any thought. ESPECIALLY this year !! They’ve crowned us sooo much that it’s gotta push them to another level. If we traded spots we’d feel the same way. Playoff win was after they beat us down last year and they’ve we’re home and nobody gave us a chance, that’s not coincidence.

I still think media is overrating and overhyping us for TV revenue. Deep down they know our secondary and injuries show in big games. Yet they just pencil us in as SB favs. It sets up the rooting for underdog narrative for non Bucs fans in these primetime games. Most will be rooting for Saints. Winston feel good story and Brady haters.

Which leads to my last point. This NEEDS to be fairly officiated!!! Usually referees give leeway to inferior teams holding us on defense. It’s like a handicap in golf or bowling. You gonna let a Chi lineman hold or you gonna stop the game with 17 holding calls??
This week trenches are evenly respected on both sides in both scenarios regardless of who has the ball. So a HOLD is a HOLD both ways.
Same with the passing games in both scenarios. The hand checking on pass routes, etc. The passing games vs secondaries are a push both ways as well. Good vs Good and Poor vs Poor - So a PI call should be somewhat obvious.

As I said earlier, don’t feel good being on the road and beat up still. I hope I’m wrong but think we lose this one.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Backside wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:27 am

Furthermore, not to pile on Dean, but this statistic is inaccurate. 0 TDs allowed but....

So huh?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Didnt know none of this.
Though Pierre-Paul hasn't practiced all week as he works through two broken bones in his finger and a torn labrum, he said he 'can't wait' to get after his hiking buddy.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

I bet I know which finger(s) are NOT broken…
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

No. Let’s not get cute. Just beat them as we’re fully capable of. No tricks. No bullshit. Just win.
Don't tread on me
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Buc2 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:00 pm No. Let’s not get cute. Just beat them as we’re fully capable of. No tricks. No bullshit. Just win.

Not talking bout being tricky or cute, I am saying let/have Brady change who his primary is, be it a quick pass, intermediate, or long. In other words change up who he targets and how much. Do what they are not used to seeing.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

The play that got Gronk killed was not a good play.
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

Afraid we're going to lose this one today boys.

It's about match-ups, we don't match up very well.