Wild Card Week Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Navybuc

Re: Wild Card Week Discussion

Post by Navybuc »

So apparently there's a lot of open seats for our playoff game. How? I remember in past years where these things sold out in an hour. Hope there's not a swarm of green. I felt humiliated for Miami Sunday night seeing all those Bills fans and said, "I hope that never happens to us." I know we've had visitors swarm our stadium before, but never saw anything as bad as Sunday night.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Eagles fans don’t want to show up for a loss.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

MNF probably doesn't help.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Grahamburn wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:06 am MNF probably doesn't help.
That sounds like Rays fans saying they didn’t show up because it was an afternoon game. Playoffs are playoffs.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Navybuc wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:24 am
That sounds like Rays fans saying they didn’t show up because it was an afternoon game. Playoffs are playoffs.
This. Playoffs are playoffs. Simple as that.

I think tickets will be fine.
Most hated man in America.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I'm eagerly waiting for the Eagles injury report. I have a feeling Jalen Hurts will play on Monday night.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Phantom wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:45 pm I'm eagerly waiting for the Eagles injury report. I have a feeling Jalen Hurts will play on Monday night.
Do we have practice today or will the 1st one be tomorrow since we play on Monday?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

No clue.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Phantom wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:45 pm I'm eagerly waiting for the Eagles injury report. I have a feeling Jalen Hurts will play on Monday night.
I agree that a hurt Jalen Hurts will play Monday Night.
A hurt Baker Mayfield will also play Monday Night.

But overall, The Eagles have a lot more hurt players than the Bucs.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Not really. Plenty of people struggling financially right now. Shelling out $100’s to go watch your team get smashed and then go to work the next day may not be all that appealing.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Phantom wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:05 pm @Bootz just saw Greg tweet

https://x.com/gregauman/status/17451112 ... UWvIIdVFCw
Nice. Bonus practice helps.
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

Grahamburn wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:42 pm

Not really. Plenty of people struggling financially right now. Shelling out $100’s to go watch your team get smashed and then go to work the next day may not be all that appealing.
Nice take. This team won't be smashed, I believe it will be a very competitive game. Out of all the match ups the Bucs could have had in the 1st, this one is the most even. Playoff Defense coach Bowles is a different beast.

I think the Monday night game killed any chance of Eagles fans traveling along with the fact many have little hope for their team like this guy.

I still expect a 65/35 crowd (Bucs) as Florida in general has many Phil fans, also many of the Bucs fans I have seen on X are posting their tickets at a very high price on ticketmaster, but are trying to sell lower to Bucs fans on X.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Navybuc wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:56 am So apparently there's a lot of open seats for our playoff game. How? I remember in past years where these things sold out in an hour. Hope there's not a swarm of green. I felt humiliated for Miami Sunday night seeing all those Bills fans and said, "I hope that never happens to us." I know we've had visitors swarm our stadium before, but never saw anything as bad as Sunday night.
You act like it's under 90% sold out, however there are some good lower level tickets for under $300 so they aren't marking them up much
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

LFG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SaggyBallZ

Post by SaggyBallZ »

Flacco gets to 14 this year!!!!

Bootz

Post by Bootz »

I wonder if Cleveland would've been better or worse with a healthy Deshaun Watson.

Flacco has brought a veteran presence to Cleveland and playoff experience. He also leads the league in INTs since he became starter just a month ago. He had 9 turnovers in 5 games. Extrapolate that over a full season he'd be flirting with a 30/30.

I don't know how far the Browns will get if he continues turning the ball over the way he does.
SaggyBallZ

Post by SaggyBallZ »

Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:30 am I wonder if Cleveland would've been better or worse with a healthy Deshaun Watson.

Flacco has brought a veteran presence to Cleveland and playoff experience. He also leads the league in INTs since he became starter just a month ago. He had 9 turnovers in 5 games. Extrapolate that over a full season he'd be flirting with a 30/30.

I don't know how far the Browns will get if he continues turning the ball over the way he does.
Right now they are better with Flacco. Dude is hot. His 5 game stretch is better than Watson's best 5 games he has ever played for Cleveland.

The magic will come to an end though and he won't offset his 2 INT's with 3 TD's and 350 yds.

For whatever reason, the players seem to rally around him more than they ever did Watson

I'm just enjoying the ride :)
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

SaggyBallZ wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:34 am
Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:30 am I wonder if Cleveland would've been better or worse with a healthy Deshaun Watson.

Right now they are better with Flacco. Dude is hot. His 5 game stretch is better than Watson's best 5 games he has ever played for Cleveland.

The magic will come to an end though and he won't offset his 2 INT's with 3 TD's and 350 yds.

For whatever reason, the players seem to rally around him more than they ever did Watson

That's probably true.

That said, if I were to rank playoff QBs left, the Browns QB situation is neck and neck with probably Pittsburgh as the worst, although Mason Rudolph has actually played well.

I just can't imagine Cleveland has confidence that they can continue winning with these multiple turnover games from Flacco. He needs to be better.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

What the? I checked Ticketmaster. There are a lot of tickets available for cheap... $88!
SaggyBallZ

Post by SaggyBallZ »

Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:48 am
SaggyBallZ wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:34 am

That's probably true.

That said, if I were to rank playoff QBs left, the Browns QB situation is neck and neck with probably Pittsburgh as the worst, although Mason Rudolph has actually played well.

I just can't imagine Cleveland has confidence that they can continue winning with these multiple turnover games from Flacco. He needs to be better.
That's crazy dude....the players seem to be flying high and completely believe in Flacco. They are as confident a team as I have ever seen them...dating back to the Kosar days in the late 80s.

Again, it will come to an end...but right now he is as hot as they come.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Phantom wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:52 am What the? I checked Ticketmaster. There are a lot of tickets available for cheap... $88!
Are you going to this game?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:54 am
Phantom wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:52 am What the? I checked Ticketmaster. There are a lot of tickets available for cheap... $88!
maybe, it might rain that night.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Phantom wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:58 am
Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:54 am

I'm thinking about it now
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:01 am
Phantom wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:58 am

I'm telling you guys, speaking from experience both buying and selling, wait until day of and you'll get them for even less than that!
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:27 am
Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:01 am

I'm telling you guys, speaking from experience both buying and selling, wait until day of and you'll get them for even less than that!
I was talking to my cousin about that and he said the same thing. Plus it's a holiday so why not? @Phantom is right though, weather doesn't look promising so I'll keep an eye out. But knowing me I'll say fuck it and wear a poncho.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Tampa weather forecast
Eagles vs. Buccaneers Weather: Rain

There’s a 25% daytime chance of rain and a 2% daytime chance of thunderstorms. The projected daytime rain accumulation is 0 inches.
There’s a 58% nighttime chance of rain and a 20% nighttime chance of thunderstorms. The projected nighttime rain accumulation is 0.20 inches.
Eagles vs. Buccaneers Weather: Wind

Daytime wind is predicted at ENE 12 mph, with wind gusts of 22 mph.
Nighttime wind is predicted to be S 15 mph from the east, with wind gusts of 30 mph.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

At least we are going back to the old ways and wearing red and pewter for home playoff games. I think the whole white jersey thing was a Brady preference. But now that's he's gone, it's back to what it should be.

https://bucswire.usatoday.com/2024/01/1 ... ia-eagles/
The team is playing the Philadelphia Eagles in the Wild Card round at home on Monday night, and it announced on Wednesday that it will wear a red over pewter combo for the game. Wearing the red jerseys is an interesting move — the team wore red jerseys against the Eagles on Monday Night Football in Week 3 and lost that game 25-11.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Phantom wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:07 am Tampa weather forecast
Eagles vs. Buccaneers Weather: Rain

There’s a 25% daytime chance of rain and a 2% daytime chance of thunderstorms. The projected daytime rain accumulation is 0 inches.
There’s a 58% nighttime chance of rain and a 20% nighttime chance of thunderstorms. The projected nighttime rain accumulation is 0.20 inches.
Eagles vs. Buccaneers Weather: Wind

Daytime wind is predicted at ENE 12 mph, with wind gusts of 22 mph.
Nighttime wind is predicted to be S 15 mph from the east, with wind gusts of 30 mph.
Wind and rain favors a running team. And Baker had problems in a previous game throwing a wet ball.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

The Bucs have consistently chosen to wear their white jerseys throughout the playoffs during the Brady era, as they believe it brings them good luck after they won Super Bowl
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

So I just looked at weather.com and it said a high of 45 in Tampa and a low of 35. Are we looking at snow or rain here in Tampa?

Edit: Nevermind. I was looking at next Wednesday's forecast, not Monday's. What the heck is up with the weather this year? Jesus, I went to Seattle for a month and saw more sun and warmth there than I have in Tampa Bay the last few weeks. Bring me my Florida back.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Navybuc wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:53 pm So I just looked at weather.com and it said a high of 45 in Tampa and a low of 35. Are we looking at snow or rain here in Tampa?

Edit: Nevermind. I was looking at next Wednesday's forecast, not Monday's. What the heck is up with the weather this year? Jesus, I went to Seattle for a month and saw more sun and warmth there than I have in Tampa Bay the last few weeks. Bring me my Florida back.
45-35? My plan is to retire in Tampa. But you are making me reconsider. I'll happily move to shit hole Haiti if there are guarantees of hot weather year around.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

El Nino!
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

So it looks like you CAN win with Winston!