**Bears @ Bucs Discussion**

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
ATrain

Re: **Bears @ Bucs Discussion**

Post by ATrain »

Definitely can't say that Brady is being carried by another great defense this year. He's had to do all the heavy lifting.
Dread

Post by Dread »

BJJ34 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:21 am 6-1? 5-2? I like 6-1 way better going into the Saints.

Evans should get his. They ran the ball well last week against GB, people abandon the run against us.

If you said we were going to be 6-1/5-2 with the top two corners on IR in preseason, would you believe yourself?
Looking at our schedule it's not surprising despite the injuries. We play alot of below average teams this season so our record should reflect that.

The opening night game vs Dallas was the only good team we've beat.

Falcons: 2-3
Patriots: 2-4
Dolphins: 1-5
Eagles: 2-4

This Sunday we get the 3-3 Bears, but they might be the worst 3 win team in the NFL right now (or maybe the Broncos).

The Saints are an enigma this season. Good defense but an offense still trying to find it's way. So who knows how good they are.

Panthers are better than they were last season, but I'm not worried about Sam Darnold and we're built to stop/contain CMC even if he's healthy.

So basically the only team we have left on the schedule we know is a playoff team is the Bills, which is here in RayJay in early December.

I'm not sleeping on the Colts though. They looked really good @Baltimore 2 weeks ago and then trounced the Texans (as they should). Once Quenton Nelson returns and that team continues to forge their identity they could be tough by the time the Bucs visit Indy. Vea vs Q is great TV for those who like trench play.

Despite the injuries we have I can't see the Bucs losing more than 3-4 games total this season. 16-1 wouldn't surprise me though given our schedule.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Let's not act like OJ is a loss. We can't one week say he is a terrible player and then the next act like he's enough of a contributor to impact the outcome of our game(s).
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Has Roches and Vea been on the field at the same time? If we were to blast the center on 3rd down with both of them the guards may try to compensate leaving a blitzing lane between the OT and G.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Would Mustipher be up to the challenge?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

It's time to jail break these guys! Utter chaos.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

MJW wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:12 am
Grahamburn wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:28 am Sounds like maintenance to me. They were both DNP leading up to the Packers game as well. Both played.
Sounds more serious than just maintenance to me.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2021 ... r-watching
From your link:

“There’s a fine line because of where they are [health-wise],” Nagy said. “It’s important to practice as much as you can. But there is a balance to that, too, because you want them to be as healthy as they can be on Sunday. That’s where you have a lot of trust in your training staff and your communication with them.”
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Here's an interesting tidbit. We all know Brady came from Michigan. In his entire career, he has never faced a QB who was from Ohio State. That changes on Sunday.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Nano

Post by Nano »

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

kaimaru wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:58 pm Yes, Winfield is finally out of the concussion protocol.

"Speaking on SiriusXM NFL Radio today, Arians announced that safety Antoine Winfield, Jr., has cleared the NFL concussion protocol and is ready to play Sunday against the Bears." Joebucs again
Where did Joe get this information from? Apparently he hasn't even been evaluated yet.

Nano

Post by Nano »

Probably out of his ass like most of the things he talks about
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Considering he's citing a direct statement from Arians calling into a radio show, that should be pretty easy to verify I'd think.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:47 am Considering he's citing a direct statement from Arians calling into a radio show, that should be pretty easy to verify I'd think.
Why then would joebucs be the ONLY source saying AWJ was cleared yesterday? And I mean the only one. No one else is.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Then either JoeBuc is outright lying about Arians stating that, he grossly misunderstood him, or Arians made a false statement.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Gotta admit the injuries are getting irritating. It's just copious at this point. This game will be more competitive than it has any right to be only because of injuries.

Then again, the Bears are basically the worst offense in the league. If Bowles can't scrape together a viable gameplan that makes them continue looking like the worst offense in the league, then idk what to say.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

ATrain wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:08 pm Gotta admit the injuries are getting irritating. It's just copious at this point. This game will be more competitive than it has any right to be only because of injuries.

Then again, the Bears are basically the worst offense in the league. If Bowles can't scrape together a viable gameplan that makes them continue looking like the worst offense in the league, then idk what to say.
Just gotta accept it as regression to the mean.

Last year we lost Vea for the bulk, Marpet for a short 3 game stint, and a smattering of other 1 game losses here and there. NFL-wise, we were the gold standard of "spared from injury." That isn't sustainable so...I give you 2021 through 6 games!
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Nobody wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:13 pm
ATrain wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:08 pm Gotta admit the injuries are getting irritating. It's just copious at this point. This game will be more competitive than it has any right to be only because of injuries.

Just gotta accept it as regression to the mean.

Last year we lost Vea for the bulk, Marpet for a short 3 game stint, and a smattering of other 1 game losses here and there. NFL-wise, we were the gold standard of "spared from injury." That isn't sustainable so...I give you 2021 through 6 games!
Sadly we don't have a year to lose to injury.
Backside

Post by Backside »

IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

So much for getting healthy on the mini bye.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Injuries are part of the game.

You act as if the Bucs are the only team dealing with injuries. The Bears are dealing with them as well. I believe they are down 2 RBs, their opening day starting QB and could be without their top player Khalil Mack and 2 other very good defenders in Hicks and Quinn because of injury/illness respectively.

I can't fathom saying injuries in a violent contact sport are "irritating".
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Injuries being part of the game and them being frustrating from a fans perspective aren't mutually exclusive.

There are many facets of life that are "part of something" that are still frustrating.

/shrug
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:26 pm So much for getting healthy on the mini bye.
Yea, somehow we got less healthy in more time.
Nano

Post by Nano »

BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

ATrain wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:33 pm Injuries being part of the game and them being frustrating from a fans perspective aren't mutually exclusive.

There are many facets of life that are "part of something" that are still frustrating.

/shrug
Go watch robots play sports then, bro.

These are human beings risking their livelihoods to entertain you and make some big cash(possibly generational wealth). You whine and whine and whine but never offer a point of view that shows you have any sort of compassion at all. You’re mob mentality is the worst thing people can do. You’re the type who boos an away player getting hurt because it stops the flow of the offense. Fuck off, buddy.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:33 pm Injuries being part of the game and them being frustrating from a fans perspective aren't mutually exclusive.

/shrug
That's like watching Nascar and being upset that cars get damaged. It's quite literally the nature of the sport. Of any sport really. You're just looking for something to bitch about.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

BJJ34 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:57 pm

/shrug

These are human beings risking their livelihoods to entertain you and make some big cash(possibly generational wealth). You whine and whine and whine but never offer a point of view that shows you have any sort of compassion at all. You’re mob mentality is the worst thing people can do. You’re the type who boos an away player getting hurt because it stops the flow of the offense. Fuck off, buddy.
I'm curious how you got any of that from my statement? it's frustrating that our players are getting hurt. I don't want them injured,for their own sake and the teams.

I find it odd that about 98% of users on here are pretty chill and discuss things like adults, but there are a couple of users that are aggressively confrontation for seemingly no reason whatsoever.

I'll just have to learn who to interact with and who to ignore.
BLT

Post by BLT »

lol
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

ATrain wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:02 pm
BJJ34 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:57 pm

I'm curious how you got any of that from my statement? it's frustrating that our players are getting hurt. I don't want them injured,for their own sake and the teams.

I find it odd that about 98% of users on here are pretty chill and discuss things like adults, but there are a couple of users that are aggressively confrontation for seemingly no reason whatsoever.

It’s a physical sport, man.

People get injured. It happens. We don’t want to see it happen, no one does. You’re an asshole if you want someone to get injured. Of all the years I hated Drew Brees… i always wanted to see him be beat on the field.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:00 pm

/shrug
That's like watching Nascar and being upset that cars get damaged. It's quite literally the nature of the sport. Of any sport really. You're just looking for something to bitch about.
There's lots of things that are part of the game. Awful ref calls are part of the game as well. Are fans allowed to be frustrated with bad calls? What about poor throws? Bad execution? Gameplans? Those are all part of the game and happen.

So as an NFL fan, what are we allowed to be frustrated at? Anything? Are you just a stoic statue no matter what happens when watching the Bucs? If we get robbed by a call do you just sit back and calmly state that "it's just part of the game"?

I'm moving on now. I don't have the energy for any more debate over what's ultimately a throw away comment on my favorite teams message board.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

BJJ34 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:06 pm
ATrain wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:02 pm

It’s a physical sport, man.

People get injured. It happens. We don’t want to see it happen, no one does. You’re an asshole if you want someone to get injured. Of all the years I hated Drew Brees… i always wanted to see him be beat on the field.
You're right. I'm just wondering why you reacted so aggressively to my comment. We have incredible players and I want them playing so they can demonstrate how good they are. It's frustrating when the experience injuries and they can't.

Had I said something like "man these guys are pussies, get out there and earn your money!" then your response would make perfect sense.

But nothing I said came close to that.

Moving on.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Never thought I'd say this but @LUGZ was better when he was @LUGZ. @LUGZ as @ATrain is insufferable
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Antonio Brown has been ruled out on Sunday. Tyler Johnson will take his place. Scotty Miller has been by and large invisible this season.

Also JPP re-aggravated his injured shoulder and has been limited in practice. His status is still up in the air.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Defense5599 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:25 pm Scotty Miller has been by and large invisible this season.
Yea being on I.R will do that to ya.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:27 pm
Defense5599 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:25 pm Scotty Miller has been by and large invisible this season.
Yea being on I.R will do that to ya.
I lol'd at his original post and was going to post this.