Who's the 3rd?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.

Who's the 3rd best QB

Joe Burrow
47%
Justin Herbert
11%
Lamar Jackson
33%
Kyler Murray
3%
Dak Prescott
No votes
Tua Tagovailoa
6%

Total votes: 36

Digital_Damage

Re: Who's the 3rd?

Post by Digital_Damage »

Fan:
“When someone is asking for over 250 mil guaranteed like @Lj_era8 [Jackson’s Twitter handle] ... games like this should not come to @jtuck9 [Ravens’ kicker Justin Tucker, who missed a last-play 67-yard field goal]. Let Lamar walk and spend that money on a well-rounded team.”

Jackson replied:
“Boy STFU y’all be cappin too much on this app mf never smelt a football field never did shit but eat dick!!”

Well that seems real professional.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Digital_Damage wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:12 pm Fan:
“When someone is asking for over 250 mil guaranteed like @Lj_era8 [Jackson’s Twitter handle] ... games like this should not come to @jtuck9 [Ravens’ kicker Justin Tucker, who missed a last-play 67-yard field goal]. Let Lamar walk and spend that money on a well-rounded team.”

Jackson replied:
“Boy STFU y’all be cappin too much on this app mf never smelt a football field never did shit but eat dick!!”

Lamar is from the hood. How do people expect him to react? He’s gonna speak his truth.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Is him telling someone to consume wiener (in this day and age) going to get him suspended or just the apology tweet treatment?
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

Jackson can make something out of a busted play as well as Mahomes or Allen, but he's just not as accurate as any of the other QBs are on this list as a downfield passer. If he can make that jump, then all bets are off. But he's not there yet.

I'd definitely take Burrow, Herbert, Prescott and Tua over him.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

Jackson replied:

I just saw that Lamar has since challenged the reporter, Jamison Hensley (ESPN) who wrote that Jackson's tweet included an "anti-gay phrase." Jackson wrote to Hensley (in a DM on Twitter?): “This is Defamation of my character, Because not once have I ever mentioned or disrespect anyone’s Sexuality, sexual orientation, gender, Religion or Race. Your reaching.”

I'm not going to call a 25 year old stupid, but yes Lamar, when you are bagging on a guy who does nothing but suck dick, you are engaging in anti-gay phrasing.

But what gets me is this: did he not wake up with a fresh perspective today? Did the Ravens not take control of the situation?
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Since when is "eat a dick" anti gay phrasing?

Is this just more modern day invented nonsense to be offended by?
MJW

Post by MJW »

Snake wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:25 pm

Jackson replied:

Lamar is from the hood. How do people expect him to react? He’s gonna speak his truth.
"You're upset about inner city crime? Stop telling black people how to behave in society. You don't know their stories."

"No no no, black people, you need to talk more like upper class white liberal arts majors at Oberlin. There's simply no place in society for the casual homophobia you seem to enjoy."

Same people.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

CantonJester wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:52 pm

Jackson replied:

I just saw that Lamar has since challenged the reporter, Jamison Hensley (ESPN) who wrote that Jackson's tweet included an "anti-gay phrase." Jackson wrote to Hensley (in a DM on Twitter?): “This is Defamation of my character, Because not once have I ever mentioned or disrespect anyone’s Sexuality, sexual orientation, gender, Religion or Race. Your reaching.”

I'm not going to call a 25 year old stupid, but yes Lamar, when you are bagging on a guy who does nothing but suck dick, you are engaging in anti-gay phrasing.

But what gets me is this: did he not wake up with a fresh perspective today? Did the Ravens not take control of the situation?
This tweet aside... I call bullshit that he has never said those things. I said those things as a teen growing up before I knew better. If I was to stand next to this guy, I would seem like Michael Caine in comparison.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Digital_Damage wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:33 am If I was to stand next to this guy, I would seem like Michael Caine in comparison.
You wish it could be this way so bad.
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

Anyone want to revisit their opinion on this topic?

For poster rankings who were the other 3 guys that voted Herbert? Well done.

Man the kid looked great this weekend, he's the real deal.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Herbert certainly is making himself hard to ignore. I need a little more longevity before I'd put him with the elites, but yeah.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

This was the 1st game Herbert has looked mostly decent for and people are ready to crown him again? He's still a sub .500 QB. Burrow, Tua, Hurts are from the same draft class and all have better records.

This season he's shown how poor he is without his top weapons. One could conclude that without them he's not that good.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:56 pm This was the 1st game Herbert has looked mostly decent for and people are ready to crown him again? He's still a sub .500 QB. Burrow, Tua, Hurts are from the same draft class and all have better records.

This season he's shown how poor he is without his top weapons. One could conclude that without them he's not that good.
Very few QBs are....
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

I have changed my vote to Joe Burrow. He just gets shit done and he does it with an amount of swag that should be illegal for someone as white as he is.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:56 pm This was the 1st game Herbert has looked mostly decent for and people are ready to crown him again? He's still a sub .500 QB. Burrow, Tua, Hurts are from the same draft class and all have better records.

He hasn't even been poor, QBs very rarely win games on their own.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:21 am

He hasn't even been poor, QBs very rarely win games on their own.
That much is obvious and a major over simplification of what I said. Guys like Rodgers, Brady, Peyton, Brees. They elevate those around them. In this generation, Mahomes elevates those around him. He's throwing to 33 year old Travis Kelce and a stable of #2/#3 WRs. Josh Allen elevates his team. Lamar Jackson elevates those around him as well.

Herbert isn't one of those guys. Without Allen & Williams he hasn't been very productive nor has he helped elevate anyone else. But he's been treated like one of the top QBs in football. When they lose, which is often, it's usually due to Herbert coming up short in major moments. It explains why he's lost more games than he's won in his career. You look at all of the top QBs, he's the only one you can say that about right now.

Perspective: Jalen Hurts has started 13 fewer games than Justin Herbert has and has 21 career wins to Herbert's 22.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Can we definitively say Patrick Mahomes elevates those around him like a prime Brady/Rodgers/etc?

He’s tremendously good. But he has an all-time offensive head coach, and the personnel around him has been good his entire career, has it not?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:20 am I have changed my vote to Joe Burrow. He just gets shit done and he does it with an amount of swag that should be illegal for someone as white as he is.
He is definitely the future of this league.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Snake wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:31 am Can we definitively say Patrick Mahomes elevates those around him like a prime Brady/Rodgers/etc?

He’s tremendously good. But he has an all-time offensive head coach, and the personnel around him has been good his entire career, has it not?
The last time Mahomes had to deal with pressure at the same rate that Herbert has much of the year, with a defense that couldn't keep the opposing offense out of the endzone(like Herbert has dealt with this year and last), he got embarrassed by a 43 year old QB and couldn't get the ball into the endzone while throwing 2 picks in the process.

Herberts line is giving up the most pressures in the league. He's dealt with a rib injury for the majority of the season. His defense is dogshit. His coach is dogshit. His OC is dogshit. And his top two weapons are made of glass and have barely been on the field together.

Despite that he's "failed to elevate" his team to an above .500 record and the ONE GAME where his rib appeared to finally be healthy and his weapons were on the field, he put on a fireworks display vs the Dolphins and made Tua look like...well he made him look like Tua.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:31 am Can we definitively say Patrick Mahomes elevates those around him like a prime Brady/Rodgers/etc?

His #1 receiver is a 33 year old TE. Behind that, he has a bunch of castoffs on 1 year deals like JuJu, MVS, Justin Watson and a rookie that fumbles more than any player in football Skye Moore.

All we heard this year was how losing Cheetah would bring Mahomes back down to earth and SOMEHOW move them behind the other teams in that division. Even some question about who the top QB is in the division. All Mahomes has done is proven that he ain't going nowhere.

So yes, Patrick Mahomes does definitively elevate those around him.
Snake

Post by Snake »

You call him a 33 year old TE. Is there a reason for mentioning his age? His YPR is right in line with his career average. PFF grade, 91. I don’t get it. I don’t think he’s fallen off.

As for the division, I don’t recall anybody here saying the Chiefs we’re gonna implode with Cheetah leaving. Seems to reason that the aesthetic of their offense would change by losing the most dynamic skill player in the NFL.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:40 am You call him a 33 year old TE. Is there a reason for mentioning his age? His YPR is right in line with his career average. PFF grade, 91.

I don’t get it.
Oh that's not a shot at Kelce. It's a testament to his longevity in fact. He will go down as the greatest TE in the history of this game. The reason is the age thing will no doubt be used as a reason some QB hasn't been able to take that next step or why they under perform. It always is. My point is Mahomes is making it work with Kelce, that shouldn't be an excuse.

And speaking of elevating, In Kelce's 10 year career 5 have come with Mahomes as starter.

In the 5 without Mahomes, he caught at least 70 passes 3 times, 80 twice, went over 1000 yards twice and didn't have a double digit TD season.

In the 5 years with Mahomes, he's never caught fewer than 90 balls (Has 81 with 4 games to go this year), has gone over 1000 each of the 5 years and has double digit TD passes in 3 of the 5 years. It's rare that receivers get even better as they get into their 30s yet here we are.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

His receivers outside of Kelce fucking suck this season and he's had no huge drop-off.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Snake wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:40 am You call him a 33 year old TE. Is there a reason for mentioning his age? His YPR is right in line with his career average. PFF grade, 91. I don’t get it. I don’t think he’s fallen off.

As for the division, I don’t recall anybody here saying the Chiefs we’re gonna implode with Cheetah leaving. Seems to reason that the aesthetic of their offense would change by losing the most dynamic skill player in the NFL.
SDBucs said they would as did some talking heads. He said Cheetah drew coverage and carried Mahomes. Without him he'd fall down to earth. I'd argue right now, Mahomes elevates his receivers more than anyone in the NFL. He's making a bunch of bums look great and spreading the ball around.

But yes, Kelce is great. I don't put him over prime Gronk, but he's in the top 3 as a receiving TE.
Snake

Post by Snake »

The Outsider wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:16 pm

His receivers outside of Kelce fucking suck this season and he's had no huge drop-off.
I think I’ve watched a grand total of 1 half of Chiefs football this season. I’ll defer y’all’s reports and the stats.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Receiver A- 13 catches, 221 yards 17ypc, 2 TDs
Receiver B- 32 catches, 254 yards 7.9ypc, 2 TDs

1 of these receivers Tom Brady had no use for but Patrick Mahomes did. The other makes $10mil a year.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:55 pm Receiver A- 13 catches, 221 yards 17ypc, 2 TDs

1 of these receivers Tom Brady had no use for but Patrick Mahomes did. The other makes $10mil a year.
Ooo ooo oooo!

Watson and Gage?
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Snake wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:37 pm

I think I’ve watched a grand total of 1 half of Chiefs football this season. I’ll defer y’all’s reports and the stats.
Their best wideout is JuJu who isn't even a great #2 WR. Their other guys are Valdez-Scantling, Justin Watson whom Bootz is referencing, and Skyy Moore who fumbles as often as he makes a reception. They have Toney as well, technically, but he played his allotted snaps and is now injured. I haven't watched a ton of Chiefs ball on a consistent basis as I almost exclusively watch RedZone outside of primetime games, but I don't need to watch to know that isn't a great WR corps.
MJW

Post by MJW »

I said this when Hill got traded, but anyone who expected the Chiefs offense to fall apart without a star receiver needed to study Andy Reid's career. The guy went to multiple NFC title games with James Thrash as his #1 wide receiver. Like all great coaches, when he doesn't have an asset he usually leans on, he pivots.
Let's roll another joint
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:55 pm Receiver A- 13 catches, 221 yards 17ypc, 2 TDs

I absolutely do not blame Brady for giving up on Watson after that "duck underneath the out route" shit he pulled. If he did that to Mahomes, Mahomes would be ignoring him too.
Let's roll another joint
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

MJW wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:08 am

I said this when Hill got traded, but anyone who expected the Chiefs offense to fall apart without a star receiver needed to study Andy Reid's career. The guy went to multiple NFC title games with James Thrash as his #1 wide receiver. Like all great coaches, when he doesn't have an asset he usually leans on, he pivots.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Digital_Damage wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:13 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:34 am There's a very strong argument for Tua being listed here. You can make a case that his only issue is the concussion/back injury this season. He's still #1 in Quarterback rating & #2 in QBR this season, #1 in yards/attempt and 2nd in completion% at 69.6. He was also undefeated before he got hurt(even though the Dolphins lost the Bengals game). Tua was definitely trending in the right direction. But he has to stay healthy.

Murray is showing he shouldn't have been put on this list. He and the Cardinals are trending in the wrong direction.
Tua is done... his eggs are scrambled; it does not heal, and he will forever be susceptible to it and the effects. Just listen to his latest interview he was knocked out cold.
Digital_Damage wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:31 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:22 pm

You're a borderline character ala BucsnBills/LUGZ. I get a kick out of your melodramatic analysis when it comes to Trevor Lawrence being done or (insert black QB) being nothing but a playground kid or any other cynical or you needing serious therapy because of deep rooted issues with colorism & childhood trauma. Your cynical, dark assessments constantly gets torn apart by any number of members here because they are more often than not complete shit. So I'll throw this one about Tua being done in the box as well, kiddo.

Dont take it too hard. Look at the bright side, at least you made me laugh.
ya... no one here takes you seriously in the slightest anymore. We were exhausted with your constant strawmen, obfuscation, racism and reneging... Now we could all just give a shit, if you tripped and impaled your jugular with your cute barber scissors you would not even get a RIP thread. You are all alone here.
Well...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/353 ... ocol-again
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Digital_Damage wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:15 pm
Digital_Damage wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:13 pm

Tua is done... his eggs are scrambled; it does not heal, and he will forever be susceptible to it and the effects. Just listen to his latest interview he was knocked out cold.
Digital_Damage wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:31 pm

ya... no one here takes you seriously in the slightest anymore. We were exhausted with your constant strawmen, obfuscation, racism and reneging... Now we could all just give a shit, if you tripped and impaled your jugular with your cute barber scissors you would not even get a RIP thread. You are all alone here.
Well...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/353 ... ocol-again
That's three concussions on the year, right? Who knows how many undiagnosed concussions he's had on top of what's happened to him this year.

He truly could be another player that has to retire early due to his brain turning into mush.
Kress

Post by Kress »

He really needs to get out. You've made your money, just get out. Damn.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Kress wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:16 pm He really needs to get out. You've made your money, just get out. Damn.
I do not know what sort of support group he has around him, but someone needs to step up and tell him to quit. He also needs to sue the shit out of the dolphins and NFL.

Revisiting this Poll is a riot.

Should be amended to

Heavy consideration:
Joe Burrow
Justin Herbert

Outside looking in:
Trevor Lawrence
Kirk Cousins

Long odds:
Jalen Hurts
Mac Jones