NFL '22 - Coachs Hot Seat

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
acmillis

Re: NFL '22 - Coachs Hot Seat

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:43 pm
acmillis wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:04 pm

Unlike you, I’m not too proud to admit when I’m wrong.
Sound familiar, kiddo?
JFC tootz, has he coached a game yet? No, ok, get off my dick
Snake

Post by Snake »

Alrighty then

“29 of the 32 head coaches (to start the season) were reportedly scheduled to be paid less than $10M this season.

Bill is supposedly around $12M a year. Pete at $11M.”
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

In 15 years he's been to 1 Superbowl, 3 total NFC Championship games, made the playoffs 9 times.

Is that worth $20mil?
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:04 am In 15 years he's been to 1 Superbowl, 3 total NFC Championship games, made the playoffs 9 times.

Is that worth $20mil?
Don't forget his on-the-field troubles that ended with a suspension. He is an unsavory character and should not be allowed to work in the NFL based on his actions.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:04 am In 15 years he's been to 1 Superbowl, 3 total NFC Championship games, made the playoffs 9 times.

Is that worth $20mil?
Maybe not, but is Deshaun Watson worth 230M, is Russ worth 242M, is Kyler worth 230M?

FOMO is strong in the NFL, and that includes coaches.
Snake

Post by Snake »

There’s no salary cap on front office hires or coaching staffs. If you can take advantage of a market inefficiency there, you should.

Is he “worth” double another elite level coach? No. But if he’s far ahead of whoever you have in second place…it’s just 15m and you’re a billionaire.

Him asking for that much money also smacks of him not actually wanting the job and throwing out a ridiculous ask.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:37 am There’s no salary cap on front office hires or coaching staffs. If you can take advantage of a market inefficiency there, you should.

Is he “worth” double another elite level coach? No. But if he’s far ahead of whoever you have in second place…it’s just 15m and you’re a billionaire.

Him asking for that much money also smacks of him not actually wanting the job and throwing out a ridiculous ask.
Now that I think about it, I agree. He went on someone's podcast a few days ago and basically told the world what the Saints were looking for in terms of compensation. That's extremely odd. You wouldn't tell the world what the going rate for you would be. He probably doesn't really like the options available.

I mean, the only one that's honestly somewhat attractive is the Cardinals IMO because they have a QB and a top 3 pick. Maybe the Colts as well because you can mold that team the way you like.

But given his behavior as of late it wouldn't surprise me if he's just taking everyone for a loop.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:59 am
Snake wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:37 am There’s no salary cap on front office hires or coaching staffs. If you can take advantage of a market inefficiency there, you should.

Now that I think about it, I agree. He went on someone's podcast a few days ago and basically told the world what the Saints were looking for in terms of compensation. That's extremely odd. You wouldn't tell the world what the going rate for you would be. He probably doesn't really like the options available.

I mean, the only one that's honestly somewhat attractive is the Cardinals IMO because they have a QB and a top 3 pick. Maybe the Colts as well because you can mold that team the way you like.

But given his behavior as of late it wouldn't surprise me if he's just taking everyone for a loop.
it's kind of far fetched, but I wonder if the Saints had an inkling or some form of heads up that Payton would be coaching in 2023, and they felt comfortable that they could ask for a 1st round pick, which allowed them to make that aggressive move in the draft where they traded their 2023 1st round pick.

Of course even if that's true, it kind of backfired a bit since I imagine they didn't think they'd finish in the top 10, but still they may end up not missing out on their 1st round pick at all and still end up with whoever they took last year(I can't remember).
nybf

Post by nybf »

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Broncos don't have a 1st so we'll see how this plays out

Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

nybf wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:42 pm
This hire would be the smartest move they’ve made in a while.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:30 am Broncos don't have a 1st so we'll see how this plays out

The Broncos have the 28th pick in the first round due to a trade with Miami. I believe the Saints would want a higher pick than the 28th pick in return for releasing Payton from his contract.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Want? Sure. But I can't believe they would be dumb enough to hold him for nothing in return.

What happens if he unretires and they haven't traded his rights?

Nah, this seems like a OBO situation.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Doctor wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:05 pm Want? Sure. But I can't believe they would be dumb enough to hold him for nothing in return.

What happens if he unretires and they haven't traded his rights?

Nah, this seems like a OBO situation.
Tend to agree. I think if the Broncos offer #28 and, say, Courtland Sutton, for Payton and maybe one of the Saints toxic contracts - maybe Cameron Jordan's - the Saints would be fools not to take the deal.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:15 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:13 pm

Your crow. Harbaugh has announced TWICE that he'll be at Michigan in 2023. You said you aren't too proud to admit when you're wrong. Did you mean that or what it just yet another lie from you?
You’re being an obtuse attention whore slurping up my reactions and comments like they’re dicks at a glory hole.
If he is the head coach at Michigan when the season starts, I’ll gladly come in and admit they I was wrong, until then, hold your breath
Bump
Most hated man in America.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:12 am
acmillis wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:15 pm
You’re being an obtuse attention whore slurping up my reactions and comments like they’re dicks at a glory hole.
If he is the head coach at Michigan when the season starts, I’ll gladly come in and admit they I was wrong, until then, hold your breath
Bump
I was wrong. Have a great day, Bootz!
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 5:50 am
Bootz wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:12 am

Bump
I was wrong. Have a great day, Bootz!
Good boy.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

A rare smart move by Ross, he needed to stick with McDaniel.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:17 am A rare smart move by Ross, he needed to stick with McDaniel.
You're a year or so late, kiddo. The Broncos were flirting with Harbaugh, not the Dolphins this offseason.
Snake

Post by Snake »

This is how our new OC drinks from a water bottle. He’s on the hot seat for this alone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Snake wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:05 pm This is how our new OC drinks from a water bottle. He’s on the hot seat for this alone.
I'm glad someone else noticed this.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Snake wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:05 pm This is how our new OC drinks from a water bottle. He’s on the hot seat for this alone.
He looks like a not very convinced NPC.
Let's roll another joint
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

I read an ask reddit post about someone being told by their new gf that they had been drinking water the wrong way all this time by pouring the water into his mouth. I now know Canales's reddit name.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

I see kids in class drink like that all of the time but usually when they are getting a drink from someone else's water bottle

Don't know why a grown man with his own water bottle would do that
MJW

Post by MJW »

Gonna Break Down The Early 2023 List in a sane fashion - how many (more?) disappointing years until this coach would get canned?

THEY'LL LEAVE WHEN THEY FEEL LIKE LEAVING, PERIOD:
Pete Carroll, Seahawks
Bill Belichick, Patriots
Andy Reid, Chiefs

COULD PROBABLY SURVIVE TWO BAD YEARS BEFORE IT BECOMES DO OR DIE:
Brian Daboll, Giants
Nick Sirianni, Eagles
Kevin O'Connell, Vikings
Frank Reich, Panthers
Kyle Shanahan, 49ers
Sean McVay, Rams
Jonathan Gannon, Cardinals
Sean McDermott, Bills
Zac Taylor, Bengals
Shane Steichen, Colts
Doug Pederson, Jaguars
DeMeco Ryans, Texans
Sean Payton, Broncos

ALMOST CERTAINLY HAVE A GRACE YEAR TO WORK WITH:
Dan Campbell, Lions
Matt LaFluer, Packers
Matt Eberflus, Bears
Robert Saleh, Jets
Mike McDaniel, Dolphins
Mike Tomlin, Steelers
John Harbaugh, Ravens
Josh McDaniels, Raiders

A BAD 2023 AND THEY'RE PROBABLY (OR CERTAINLY) DEAD MEAT
Mike McCarthy, Cowboys
Ron Rivera, Commanderskins
Toilet Bowles, Bucs
White Toilet Bowles, Saints
Arthur Smith, Falcons
Kevin Stefanski, Browns
Mike Vrabel, Titans
Brandon Staley, Chargers
Let's roll another joint
Snake

Post by Snake »

I have no quibbles with that list. Kevin Stefanski Is definitely gone without a playoff appearance. Jerry Jones really wants another ring before he dies and loves this roster. Not really sure how Vrabel has survived. But time is ticking.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Funny how Pete Carroll is now "They'll leave when their ready" when last season this board thought he was on the hot seat.

Hate to say I told ya so but....

Also any "they'll leave when their ready list" that doesn't include Mike Tomlin, who 16 years in has yet to have a losing season, has zero credibility.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Bootz wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:28 pm Funny how Pete Carroll is now "They'll leave when their ready" when last season this board thought he was on the hot seat.

Hate to say I told ya so but....
Pete winning the Russell Wilson “it’s me or Pete” in year 1 was big. insofar as public perception anyways.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Also, what's the difference between Mike Tomlin & Pete Carroll other than Tomlin has more wins and fewer losses in 1 less season as an NFL HC? Both are 1-1 in SBs. Tomlin's never had a losing season. Yet he's given a "grace year" while Carroll has the job as long as he wants.

As I said, no credibility.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Bootz wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:38 pm Also, what's the difference between Mike Tomlin & Pete Carroll other than Tomlin has more wins and fewer losses in 1 less season as an NFL HC? Both are 1-1 in SBs. Tomlin's never had a losing season. Yet he's given a "grace year" while Carroll has the job as long as he wants.

Not that you asked, because you don't discuss, you rant, but -

The Steelers have disappointed in recent years - 9 or fewer wins in 4 of the last 5 seasons, one playoff blowout, and one of the most embarrassing playoff losses in their history.

At the same time, the Seahawks have been to the playoffs 4 times in the last 5 years, 3 of those seasons with double-digit wins, and they've won a playoff game. And I'm sure you'll disagree because you're you, but they've done so with less talent.

Also some sad news - Nobody on Planet Fucking Earth cares about your concept of credibility.
Let's roll another joint
MJW

Post by MJW »

Good news, though. You can make your own list. It's a free country.
Let's roll another joint
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

MJW wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:46 pm
Bootz wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:38 pm Also, what's the difference between Mike Tomlin & Pete Carroll other than Tomlin has more wins and fewer losses in 1 less season as an NFL HC? Both are 1-1 in SBs. Tomlin's never had a losing season. Yet he's given a "grace year" while Carroll has the job as long as he wants.

The Steelers have disappointed in recent years - 9 or fewer wins in 4 of the last 5 seasons, one playoff blowout, and one of the most embarrassing playoff losses in their history.

At the same time, the Seahawks have been to the playoffs 4 times in the last 5 years, 3 of those seasons with double-digit wins, and they've won a playoff game. And I'm sure you'll disagree because you're you, but they've done so with less talent.

Also some sad news - Nobody on Planet Fucking Earth cares about your concept of credibility.
49-33, 1-4 playoff record, 1 division title, 1 losing season
47-33-2, 0-2 playoff record, 1 division title, 0 losing seasons

Yea that 2 win difference is certainly "disappointing".........

ZERO CREDIBILITY. But we're not surprised considering the source.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

The Rooney family is known for their loyalty. You saw that with Roethlisberger and his dead arm still being welcomed with open arms. They know that Tomlin was hobbled with his play, lack of playmakers, etc. I have also not heard of the fan base nor the Rooney's turning on him for this reason. I say he at least has 3 seasons to make it a ground and pound offense with winning record if he can't get a franchise QB.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Bootz wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:52 pm

If you think the Steelers organization is happy about 9-8, you're funny.
If you think Carroll has been working with nearly as much talent in Seattle, you're hilarious.
Let's roll another joint
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

MJW wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:08 pm
Bootz wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:52 pm

If you think the Steelers organization is happy about 9-8, you're funny.
If you think Carroll has been working with nearly as much talent in Seattle, you're hilarious.
Yet you're trying to convince us that the Seahawks organization is ecstatic with 9-8...

Seattle has had way more talent recently and even currently.