NFL '22 - Coachs Hot Seat

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
BucsNBills

Re: NFL '22 - Coachs Hot Seat

Post by BucsNBills »

Won't be getting any diversity comp picks either.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

BucsNBills wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:46 pm Won't be getting any diversity comp picks either.
Who gives a crap. Just get a good coach.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Frank Reich speaking on Mgt .. doesn't loom well on Frank. I don't blame him, ... could be an upheaval

MJW

Post by MJW »

Crocaneers wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:13 pm Frank Reich speaking on Mgt .. doesn't loom well on Frank. I don't blame him, ... could be an upheaval

He's not wrong. At the same time, they can spin it any way they want, but you don't trade multiple picks and give a QB $25 mil this year just to not screw things up. Ryan didn't hold up HIS end of the bargain either. He was supposed to be capable of elevating the offense a bit, and he no longer is.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Broncos know they made a mistake hiring Nathaniel Hackett. He could reportedly be out if the Broncos lose to the Jags.
Kress

Post by Kress »

MJW wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:50 am Don't kick the can.

Does that work like inflation, though? You borrow $50k to buy a house a while ago, and it seems like a huge 30-year mortgage, but now you're like.... what?

The NFL cap is si.ilar. It continues to go up, exponentially, and as the league sells out to 8 days a week streaming games, it will only continue. Is deferred debt really that big of a deal?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Kress wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:18 am
MJW wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:50 am Don't kick the can.

Does that work like inflation, though? You borrow $50k to buy a house a while ago, and it seems like a huge 30-year mortgage, but now you're like.... what?

The NFL cap is si.ilar. It continues to go up, exponentially, and as the league sells out to 8 days a week streaming games, it will only continue. Is deferred debt really that big of a deal?
Not if we hit on draft picks, but when we're looking to bring in FAs, it ain't gonna be too much fun!
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:57 am Broncos know they made a mistake hiring Nathaniel Hackett. He could reportedly be out if the Broncos lose to the Jags.
Vetted .. several articles questioning his survival, as well as his need to beat JAX

.. when George Karl calls for your head, it's not good

He's logged in as uncomfortable.

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

3 names on this list that have zero chance of getting fired. Pete Carroll, Josh McDaniels and Todd Bowles.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:57 am 3 names on this list that have zero chance of getting fired. Pete Carroll, Josh McDaniels and Todd Bowles.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Looks-like Dan Campbell is staying after all

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2022/10/i-b ... n_fUs4JBYU
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Bowles? Really?
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Doctor wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:20 pmBowles? Really?
I'm a tool for the people

And 21-3
Brady-andthebucs

Post by Brady-andthebucs »

Toilet Bowles and Byron Leftwich should’ve been on the hot seat since Brady’s arrival - I’ve been singing about that suckage since the beginning and ain’t nothing changed. In fact, these scrubs are already crisp and ash at this point but the 32’s diversity initiative for coaches (and not actual ownership or equity because these billionaires never want these opportunities for so-called black people, though they use the Rooney aka “token black” rule to shut people up… I digress) will force us to deal with this suck coaching longer than they deserve. It’s good PR I guess.

Other honorable mentions for who should be in the hot seat: Josh McDaniels, Bill Belichick (whose careers has been extended because of past success with Brady), that nepotism baby in San Fran, and that bum in NO.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Brady-andthebucs wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:21 pm Toilet Bowles and Byron Leftwich should’ve been on the hot seat since Brady’s arrival - I’ve been singing about that suckage since the beginning and ain’t nothing changed. In fact, these scrubs are already crisp and ash at this point but the 32’s diversity initiative for coaches (and not actual ownership or equity because these billionaires never want these opportunities for so-called black people, though they use the Rooney aka “token black” rule to shut people up… I digress) will force us to deal with this suck coaching longer than they deserve. It’s good PR I guess.

Other honorable mentions for who should be in the hot seat: Josh McDaniels, Bill Belichick (whose careers has been extended because of past success with Brady), that nepotism baby in San Fran, and that bum in NO.
Noms are always appreciated ..

Bowles is on the list .. and I'm sure you know BA was running the show when TB12 got here, and Bowles was tapped when BA backed out.
McDaniels is on the list
Belichek will NEVER be fired. End of story.
Shanny is safe 'cause he's in a division that's week (SF is only one game out)
Dennis Allen is "interim". Ergo .. you don't fire them, they just don't move on.

'
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:57 am 3 names on this list that have zero chance of getting fired. Pete Carroll, Josh McDaniels and Todd Bowles.
Agree on Carroll and McDaniels. Hell, Carroll is more likely to get COTY if he keeps this Seahawks team relevant. And McDaniels will get another year unless there's a revolt.

Your third name may not age well at all. This team is embarrassing, and I'm not necessarily talking about the scores or the overall record. There's a HUGE "2008 Bucs after Monte announced he was leaving" vibe right now. Or if you want to be really mean, Raheem vibe. This team does not look well organized, focused, or invested. Tell me you see something else.
Let's roll another joint
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

MJW wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:25 am
Agree on Carroll and McDaniels. Hell, Carroll is more likely to get COTY if he keeps this Seahawks team relevant. And McDaniels will get another year unless there's a revolt.

Your third name may not age well at all. This team is embarrassing, and I'm not necessarily talking about the scores or the overall record. There's a HUGE "2008 Bucs after Monte announced he was leaving" vibe right now. Or if you want to be really mean, Raheem vibe. This team does not look well organized, focused, or invested. Tell me you see something else.
This team looks DOA. The stench out of OBP smells like pre-Brady Bucs. I’m very comfortable saying this team is done.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Primeminister wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:48 am
MJW wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:25 am

This team looks DOA. The stench out of OBP smells like pre-Brady Bucs. I’m very comfortable saying this team is done.
Barry Switzer is, without a doubt, the worst NFL coach to ever win a ring. He won it with Jimmy Johnson's team, and more importantly, with the Jimmy Johnson culture still permeating the organization. Jeff Pearlman wrote a really good book called "Boys Will Be Boys" I'd recommend to anyone who wants to learn more about taht team.

Whatever culture Arians brought in - and he certainly did - it took all of five games for Bowles to murder. And he did. The 2020 Bucs era is over. The mojo is gone. The greatest quarterback of all time is now a game manager, not because that's his role, but because that's what you're saying when you say a quarterback doesn't have mojo.

It's a broken roster and a bad football team. I don't think Brady has enough left emotionally to elevate it. I don't think Bowles has the skill set. And our long-term leaders - LVD, Evans, etc - have been with enough bad Bucs teams to simply close their eyes and slip into the tub while the wrists bleed.
Let's roll another joint
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Fire Bowles now and start the coaching search. Seriously, the team knows it has to reboot. I do not see any magical turnaround happening.
Snake

Post by Snake »

7-0 Jags

Nathaniel Hackett gonna have a loooong flight home at this rate.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:01 am 7-0 Jags

Nathaniel Hackett gonna have a loooong flight home at this rate.
21-17 Broncos with 1:43 to go.

Hackett might live to fight another day.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

If I were Broncos ownership I'd fire Hackett anyway. Nothing about the way they played in this game gave me any indication that the idiot has even a remote chance to improve as a HC.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:30 pm If I were Broncos ownership I'd fire Hackett anyway. Nothing about the way they played in this game gave me any indication that the idiot has even a remote chance to improve as a HC.
You're probably right. But he's learning. Today was a much better effort overall by him and his team. They have to do better on 3rd down but I like the aggressiveness he showed by going for it on 4th down so many times. Each attempt made sense and it got them a win.
GoldenBudda

Post by GoldenBudda »

Can we trade Mr. Toilet Bowles for Mr. Can't Hack-it?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

GoldenBudda wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:41 pm Can we trade Mr. Toilet Bowles for Mr. Can't Hack-it?
The Broncos would take that trade in a hurry. As would Bucs fans looking to get even worse in a hurry.
GoldenBudda

Post by GoldenBudda »

Todd Bowles is a proven disaster as a HC.

We lost to Pittsburgh and Carolina back to back.

I would literally prefer the worst rookie HC over him.

And at this point, getting worse = higher draft picks = getting better
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

It's pretty clear, both of these guys are on watch ... not sure how it ends up, but I'd not want to be either of them.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Next to fall

BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Leftwich needs to fired asap, but he won't be this week. The win bought him another game and we're forced do to this dogshit international game which is going to be a fucked week of practice and whatnot.

But then we got into the bye and would be the perfect time to make the move and get some changes implemented for the rest of the season.

Byron needs to be fired win or lose after the Seahawks game.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Crocaneers wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:41 am Next to fall

Didn’t see this coming midseason.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Snake wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:58 am
Crocaneers wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:41 am Next to fall

Didn’t see this coming midseason.
I sure did

quote=Phantom post_id=95599 time=1667770837 user_id=50]
Frank Reich era is most likely over before or after this season

[/quote]
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Croc, why Pete Carroll on watch list?

Watch List
Pete Carroll - Seattle Seahawks
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

He did himself in last week with the "we dont have support, this isn't all me" .. and this weeks presser he said it all starts with him..

Colts haven''t been prevalent since Manning retired
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Crocaneers wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:27 pm He did himself in last week with the "we dont have support, this isn't all me" .. and this weeks presser he said it all starts with him..

Colts haven''t been prevalent since Manning retired
Actually, Colts haven’t been prevalent since Andrew Luck and Phillip Rivers retired but yeah

Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Supposedly Jeff Saturday is taking over as Colts’ HC. That’s very interesting I guess…