NFL '22 - Coachs Hot Seat

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Terry Tate

Re: NFL '22 - Coachs Hot Seat

Post by Terry Tate »

13F11B wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:05 pm
Buc2 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:48 pm I wish we could add Bowles to this list, but y'all know how the Glazers work. It ain't happening.
I think he will be fired at the end of this year. I just can't imagine this team pulling themselves out of the hole they are in.
It's possibly they will keep Bowles. Overall, the win loss record is on the head coach. However, they might sell themselves on the idea of just getting a new OC.

Now, if they keep Lefty too, it really will be time for the torches and pitchforks.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Terry Tate wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:43 am
13F11B wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:05 pm

I think he will be fired at the end of this year. I just can't imagine this team pulling themselves out of the hole they are in.
It's possibly they will keep Bowles. Overall, the win loss record is on the head coach. However, they might sell themselves on the idea of just getting a new OC.

Now, if they keep Lefty too, it really will be time for the torches and pitchforks.
It just leads to more questions. Is Arians still calling the shots for these decisions? If so, he won't fire anyone. Was this just a one-year deal with the advising? ETC.

I would just fire everyone. Honestly. And it's not even about today, or the record, etc. We're about to rebuild. Licht has hired 3 coaches. We need clarity about the power structure. We need new ideas, and a group to grow with what will be the NFL's youngest roster in about 18 months. Arians isn't that guy. Bowles I have no faith in. The less said about Lefty the better.

This era is over. I'm grateful for it. I wish it had lasted another couple of months. But it's done.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

MJW wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:52 am
Terry Tate wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:43 am

It just leads to more questions. Is Arians still calling the shots for these decisions? If so, he won't fire anyone. Was this just a one-year deal with the advising? ETC.

I would just fire everyone. Honestly. And it's not even about today, or the record, etc. We're about to rebuild. Licht has hired 3 coaches. We need clarity about the power structure. We need new ideas, and a group to grow with what will be the NFL's youngest roster in about 18 months. Arians isn't that guy. Bowles I have no faith in. The less said about Lefty the better.

This era is over. I'm grateful for it. I wish it had lasted another couple of months. But it's done.
I wish the OL had held up. Outside of Lefty, I think that killed us the most. This season really was just a perfect storm of everything going wrong. If not for the heart attack, we probably would have had another season of Arians. The Brady divorce. The OL getting gutted. It reminds me of 03.

As you say, it was good while it lasted. We can say something no one else but NE can. We had the GOAT and won a title with him.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Terry Tate wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:24 am
MJW wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:52 am

I wish the OL had held up. Outside of Lefty, I think that killed us the most. This season really was just a perfect storm of everything going wrong. If not for the heart attack, we probably would have had another season of Arians. The Brady divorce. The OL getting gutted. It reminds me of 03.

As you say, it was good while it lasted. We can say something no one else but NE can. We had the GOAT and won a title with him.
The OL was a killer. We lost a Hall of Fame caliber guard, a top ten (five, according to some) center, and a plus guard, all in rapid succession. Missing badly on Goedeke was probably the last straw. If he'd been plug and play, we might have been okay with Hainsey and Mason. But he was terrible, Hainsey had too much on his plate, and Mason could only do what he could do.

I know this is hardly a bold take, but I really wish we'd used Gage's money to keep Cappa, or to replace him. Oh well. Very few decisions this offseason seem to have shaken out.
Let's roll another joint
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Sean Payton watch

https://lastwordonsports.com/nfl/2022/1 ... s-job/amp/
With Payton available, it is believed that he is looking to try his hand at a new head coaching gig at another team. It recently emerged that Payton was interested in the Cardinals job, alongside the Los Angeles Chargers role. The Carolina Panthers and Indianapolis Colts are also in the running, but it is said that Payton would prefer a job with more certainty at the quarterback position.

It seems that the Cardinals and Chargers are the two likeliest destinations for Payton given their futures with Kyler Murray and Justin Herbert respectively. This all hinges on how the teams finish too. The Cardinals faced the Chargers just before their bye, narrowly losing 25-24. If Brandon Staley manages to pull the 6-6 Chargers season together then he is unlikely to be on the hot seat. That ship seems to have sailed for Kingsbury, however.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Crazy how fast they can go from the “it” coaches to getting fucking fired.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

MJW wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:56 am
Miller4Prez64 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:49 am

They have the league’s best defense with the worst offense so far. It’s absolutely insane. Like is Russ showing to be what people claimed Brady was, just a product of his coach? The fact Russ is playing on the worst offense on a team he asked to be traded to and Geno is playing well and might make the playoffs in Seattle is a rough look for the guy.
I don't think Russ is a product of the coach. I remember what a force of nature he was in the Big Ten. If he'd been 6'2, he'd have been a top 15 pick. But that's back when we were still (a little too) worried about height.

Russ just looks old. A little bit slower processing what he's seeing. A little bit of zip gone from a good, but never elite, arm. Very little interest in running (that started last year, really.)

So it goes. I hope he's not done. The league is better when great players are great.
This. Russ is 34, but unlike a lot of his peers he actually LOOKS 34. Brady and Rodgers have skewed things, but it wasn't long ago that we were putting QBs out to pasture at 32.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Titans just fired GM Jon Robinson. Not sure how that will affect Vrabel, but .. he automatically has to added due to GM change
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Crocaneers wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:40 pm Titans just fired GM Jon Robinson. Not sure how that will affect Vrabel, but .. he automatically has to added due to GM change
It’s not going to happen. The ownership like Vrabel a lot
MJW

Post by MJW »

Phantom wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:55 pm
Crocaneers wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:40 pm Titans just fired GM Jon Robinson. Not sure how that will affect Vrabel, but .. he automatically has to added due to GM change
There are only two likely takeaways from this -

One, Robinson had "personal" problems = booze, an office affair, etc - and this is how ownership moved on.

Two, and more likely, like many successful teams, the Titans had a power struggle happening behind the scenes between the Exec and the Coach. Firing Robinson in the middle of a winning season indicates things came to a head and ownership made their choice.

Either way, I doubt Vrabel is going anywhere. Nor should he. His .623 winning % is better than some guys like Bill Walsh, Bill Cowher, Pete Carroll, Joe Gibbs, Paul Brown, Chuck Noll, Bill Parcells, etc, etc. And he's done it 100% without a franchise quarterback. They'd be foolish to fire him.
Let's roll another joint
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

MJW wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:42 am
Phantom wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:55 pm

There are only two likely takeaways from this -

One, Robinson had "personal" problems = booze, an office affair, etc - and this is how ownership moved on.

Two, and more likely, like many successful teams, the Titans had a power struggle happening behind the scenes between the Exec and the Coach. Firing Robinson in the middle of a winning season indicates things came to a head and ownership made their choice.

Either way, I doubt Vrabel is going anywhere. Nor should he. His .623 winning % is better than some guys like Bill Walsh, Bill Cowher, Pete Carroll, Joe Gibbs, Paul Brown, Chuck Noll, Bill Parcells, etc, etc. And he's done it 100% without a franchise quarterback. They'd be foolish to fire him.
This happened immediately after the game where they lost 35-10 to the Eagles, a game where AJ Brown smoked them. The same AJ Brown that was traded from the Titans to the Eagles and everyone knows Vrabel was not on board with trading.

I think I see what happened.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Great feedback and background on the Titans GM. I had forgotten the AJ Brown trade issue. I have marked Vrabel safe
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:57 am 3 names on this list that have zero chance of getting fired. Pete Carroll, Josh McDaniels and Todd Bowles.
Ahem...
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:43 am
King Bootz wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:57 am 3 names on this list that have zero chance of getting fired. Pete Carroll, Josh McDaniels and Todd Bowles.
Ahem...
One was marked safe ... I got bets that one of the other two are not coaching with the team they are coaching with now.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Carrol at 71 years old has to be thinking retirement.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Carrol at 71 years old has to be thinking retirement.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Central_Buc wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:21 am Carrol at 71 years old has to be thinking retirement.
he has the energy of a man half his age.

You never know though.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Central_Buc wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:21 am Carrol at 71 years old has to be thinking retirement.
Why? Because of his age? He's not thinking about retirement. This year is arguably his best coaching job. Carroll has a ton left in the tank.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:26 am
Why? Because of his age? He's not thinking about retirement. This year is arguably his best coaching job. Carroll has a ton left in the tank.
I went to compare Marv Levy, who was the first coach that came to my mind that was very old in the 90s- retired in 97 at age 72.

So idk, maybe you're right and he wants to continue.

Edit: Marv had some energy too.
Last edited by Central_Buc on Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Double.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Ahem...
You're dunking because you called two guys who were never going to get fired not getting fired, and a third guy who might still get fired not getting fired mid-season?
Let's roll another joint
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:12 am

Ahem...
You're dunking because you called two guys who were never going to get fired not getting fired, and a third guy who might still get fired not getting fired mid-season?
I'm dunking on this list Croc has created, yes. None of those 3 were ever in danger of being fired. McDaniels is in his 1st season with a team in desperate need of a rebuild. Carroll is showing the world why he's had 1 losing season in the last 11 years. And Bowles has his team leading the division, albeit with a .500 record and bad bad teams behind him. This board is the only place in which any of these 3 guys were in danger of being "fired".
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Pretty sure Croc just maintains that list as I’m the one who said Pete might “mutually” part ways after the season.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:00 am Pretty sure Croc just maintains that list as I’m the one who said Pete might “mutually” part ways after the season.
So he put Carroll on the watch list based off a lie you told. Got it.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

I'm tired of hearing how every wrong statement posted here is somehow a "lie". Sometimes people are simply wrong, doesn't make it a lie....

If you ask a two year old what 2 times 4 is and they answer 6, is that wrong or is it a lie??
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Selmon Rules wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:27 am I'm tired of hearing how every wrong statement posted here is somehow a "lie". Sometimes people are simply wrong, doesn't make it a lie....

If you ask a two year old what 2 times 4 is and they answer 6, is that wrong or is it a lie??
Numbers aren't really debatable or subjective. Saying Pete Carroll and the Seahawks might mutually part ways is subjective thinking that originated out of his ass. He made it up.

Also what you're "tired of hearing" is not my problem. I suggest you turn your ears/eyes elsewhere.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Your time of the month again? (Sorry ladies)

Crimony, John F Kennedy and the grassy knoll. Some person made a suggestion that a thing "MIGHT" happen and may even have backed his/her rationale with why said idea seems sound. It disagrees with Your fucking point of view so it's a lie?
Saying Pete Carroll and the Seahawks might mutually part ways is subjective
So fucking what?

Get your dad back on the keyboard.
Push the damned button already!
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Patriots might fire Bill Belichick. Sean McVay might be fired too. @Crocaneers add those to the list since the only qualifier is someone has to say it.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

IronDog wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:05 pm Your time of the month again? (Sorry ladies)

Crimony, John F Kennedy and the grassy knoll. Some person made a suggestion that a thing "MIGHT" happen and may even have backed his/her rationale with why said idea seems sound. It disagrees with Your fucking point of view so it's a lie?
Saying Pete Carroll and the Seahawks might mutually part ways is subjective
So fucking what?

Bootz has a storied history of going on the attack when his POV is challenged.

The whole “lie” thing is tiresome, no doubt. Almost more than the “prove it” bit. Actually, not almost. Absolutely.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:19 pm The Patriots might fire Bill Belichick. Sean McVay might be fired too. @Crocaneers add those to the list since the only qualifier is someone has to say it.
Can't say I'll miss the snark here .. I remember when you used to be kind, and kind of cool to talk with

As long as it makes you feel better buddy
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Crocaneers wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:29 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:19 pm The Patriots might fire Bill Belichick. Sean McVay might be fired too. @Crocaneers add those to the list since the only qualifier is someone has to say it.
Can't say I'll miss the snark here .. I remember when you used to be kind, and kind of cool to talk with

No snark. Literally going off of the parameters.
acmillis wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:00 am Pretty sure Croc just maintains that list as I’m the one who said Pete might “mutually” part ways after the season.
I mean....How is that not clear? Poster said it, you posted it. Seems simple to me.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Rocker wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:11 pm
IronDog wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:05 pm Your time of the month again? (Sorry ladies)

So fucking what?

Bootz has a storied history of going on the attack when his POV is challenged.

The whole “lie” thing is tiresome, no doubt. Almost more than the “prove it” bit. Actually, not almost. Absolutely.
Dudes a doofus... I don't understand why people still respond to him.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:06 pm
Crocaneers wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:29 pm

I mean....How is that not clear? Poster said it, you posted it. Seems simple to me.
I teach and ask kids questions all the time. When they are wrong, did they lie to me???
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Selmon Rules wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:35 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:06 pm

I teach and ask kids questions all the time. When they are wrong, did they lie to me???
This is the 2nd failed analogy here. You're suggesting @acmillis learned somewhere from someone that Pete Carroll and the Seahawks "might" mutually part ways. More accurately here wouldve been this: You say you teach, so I'm sure when you do teach you inform students about citing their work when they do things like write papers, reports. So instead of saying he lied (mea culpa for all the mentally weak people here like you, @Rocker, @Digital_Damage @IronDog ) how about @acmillis cite where he got the information about Carroll potentially parting ways.

Any response about this being an opinion completely shits on your own analogy about being a teacher.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

They are simply wrong. As in "they had bad information" or "they applied what they thought in a wrong manner. This isn't that difficult

Unless one simply wants to be difficult

I'm done now and will not entertain any more nonsense.....