NFL '22 - Coachs Hot Seat

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
These Are The Days

Re: NFL '22 - Coachs Hot Seat

Post by These Are The Days »

Reich should consider himself fortunate. Indy is headed straight for the glue factory. Take some time off to be with your family and he'll be back to work by the start of next season
*tgp*

Post by *tgp* »

Jeff Saturday? Has he ever coached at any level?
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

*tgp* wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:28 pm Jeff Saturday? Has he ever coached at any level?
Interim .. assumes he was on staff somewhere .. It's likely Irsay is gonna clear house
*tgp*

Post by *tgp* »

Crocaneers wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:29 pm
*tgp* wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:28 pm Jeff Saturday? Has he ever coached at any level?
Interim .. assumes he was on staff somewhere .. It's likely Irsay is gonna clear house
Irsay must be back on the pills. Dude is off the rails, again.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Jeff Saturday has a 20-16 record in three years as a high school head coach in Georgia.
*tgp*

Post by *tgp* »

Cheb wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:55 pm
Jeff Saturday has a 20-16 record in three years as a high school head coach in Georgia.
I like Jeff, excellent Center and a smart Dude (as most centers are) but three years as a High School coach does not mean he's Parcells. Rooting for the guy but this has Hindenburg written all over it. Should be on the owner but Jeff is going to wear it.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

*tgp* wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:17 pm
I like Jeff, excellent Center and a smart Dude (as most centers are) but three years as a High School coach does not mean he's Parcells. Rooting for the guy but this has Hindenburg written all over it. Should be on the owner but Jeff is going to wear it.
It could be a tank job. Tank and get CJ Stroud or Bryce Young
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

Saturday move just makes no sense to me at all. Is he the best "coach" walking the planet right now?

I'm guessing no.

Maybe in Isray's warped mind he thinks JS's connections with ESPN and so on will take some heat off him and the organization?

Trying to get on the media's good side while the team is struggling?

Idk, sounds silly but I can find no logical reason to hire JS. None. (And I like the guy)
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

Well damn I got a resume that could get me hired into the NFL as well!

YAHOO. :lol:
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Patrick McIrish wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:15 pm

I know, right?

I have a better coaching resume than the head coach of the Indianapolis Colts. A wild thought. And not to brag, but I've called plays before, too.
MJW

Post by MJW »

*tgp* wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:17 pm
Ironically, Irsay took shots at Dan Snyder recently (as well he should), but the Colts have devolved into the second most bizarrely run franchise in the NFL. At least until the Raiders do something Post-Gruden.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Cheb wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:41 pm
Patrick McIrish wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:15 pm

I know, right?

I have a better coaching resume than the head coach of the Indianapolis Colts. A wild thought. And not to brag, but I've called plays before, too.

Can you call an offense? I know a place that might need a guy
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Terry Tate wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:11 am
Cheb wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:41 pm

I know, right?

Can you call an offense? I know a place that might need a guy
Might?
Push the damned button already!
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

How you like to be the Cards .. likely gonna fire their coach .. and starting HBO Hard Knocks tonight

Kliff has been moved to HOT
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Eh I’m pretty good on Madden, hire me Coach Saturday!

Nah, just kidding

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/colts ... lay-caller
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Phantom wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:11 pm Eh I’m pretty good on Madden, hire me Coach Saturday!

Nah, just kidding

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/colts ... lay-caller
Guaranteed company man
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

So, what's the over/under on Hackett getting the axe. They are now 3-6. The fact that 4 of the losses were one score games and just how generally ugly the Bronco's have looked had his seat warm. Then they came out and looked like a dumpster fire after the bye week might be a coffin nail.

The only positive thing that can be said is that at least he isn't as bad as Urban Meyer.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Terry Tate wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:26 am So, what's the over/under on Hackett getting the axe. They are now 3-6. The fact that 4 of the losses were one score games and just how generally ugly the Bronco's have looked had his seat warm. Then they came out and looked like a dumpster fire after the bye week might be a coffin nail.

The only positive thing that can be said is that at least he isn't as bad as Urban Meyer.
I was thinking he'd get to the end of the season, but I'm not sure now. I don't blame him for Russell Wilson, but from what I've seen and read, there have been a lot of preventable coaching errors and such.
Let's roll another joint
MJW

Post by MJW »

I think the only reason McDaniels is safe is because Mark Davis is reportedly cash poor and they're not going to want to pay out the rest of his contract.
Let's roll another joint
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

MJW wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:47 am
Terry Tate wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:26 am So, what's the over/under on Hackett getting the axe. They are now 3-6. The fact that 4 of the losses were one score games and just how generally ugly the Bronco's have looked had his seat warm. Then they came out and looked like a dumpster fire after the bye week might be a coffin nail.

I was thinking he'd get to the end of the season, but I'm not sure now. I don't blame him for Russell Wilson, but from what I've seen and read, there have been a lot of preventable coaching errors and such.
I really thought Denver, with Wilson, was going to be better than they've played so far. I haven't watched any of their games...just some highlights...so I can't comment on what their issues are.
Don't tread on me
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:17 am

I really thought Denver, with Wilson, was going to be better than they've played so far. I haven't watched any of their games...just some highlights...so I can't comment on what their issues are.
If anything, the Wilson trade should make Denver clean house at the end of the season. Both Hackett and Paton (GM) should be given the axe. You never ever give up as much draft capital as the Broncos did for a player on the wrong side of 30 who isn't even in the top ten at his position. Now the Broncos are stuck with his massive contract and they have no first or second rounders for the next two years. This is going to set that franchise back for at least a decade if not longer.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Ah yes, I remember those cap hell years after Rich McKay after our first SB. Good times!
Push the damned button already!
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Josh McDaniel is not going anywhere
As far as Josh goes, I have no issues,” Davis said. “I’m getting to know him a lot better. When you sign someone to a contract, don’t you expect him to fulfill the contract?”
McDaniels is in the first year of a four-year contract.
“I like Josh. I think he’s doing a fantastic job. That’s why I hired him,” Davis said. “We did an exhaustive search and found the person we believe is going to bring the Raiders to greatness.”
MJW

Post by MJW »

Defense5599 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:22 am

If anything, the Wilson trade should make Denver clean house at the end of the season. Both Hackett and Paton (GM) should be given the axe. You never ever give up as much draft capital as the Broncos did for a player on the wrong side of 30 who isn't even in the top ten at his position. Now the Broncos are stuck with his massive contract and they have no first or second rounders for the next two years. This is going to set that franchise back for at least a decade if not longer.
That extension...woof. It's at least 3 more full seasons, and it'll cost them $31 mil to cut ties at that point. It's absolutely possible they'll have a 37 year old backup quarterback in 2025 with a $55 Million Dollar cap hit.

Yeah, were I the owner, I think I would fire everyone. And I think I'd talk to Wilson about the next coach, a lot. Because ultimately if Wilson doesn't succeed, it won't matter who they hire. So I'd want to get him someone he's 100% on board with.
Let's roll another joint
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

They have the league’s best defense with the worst offense so far. It’s absolutely insane. Like is Russ showing to be what people claimed Brady was, just a product of his coach? The fact Russ is playing on the worst offense on a team he asked to be traded to and Geno is playing well and might make the playoffs in Seattle is a rough look for the guy.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:49 am

They have the league’s best defense with the worst offense so far. It’s absolutely insane. Like is Russ showing to be what people claimed Brady was, just a product of his coach? The fact Russ is playing on the worst offense on a team he asked to be traded to and Geno is playing well and might make the playoffs in Seattle is a rough look for the guy.
I don't think Russ is a product of the coach. I remember what a force of nature he was in the Big Ten. If he'd been 6'2, he'd have been a top 15 pick. But that's back when we were still (a little too) worried about height.

Russ just looks old. A little bit slower processing what he's seeing. A little bit of zip gone from a good, but never elite, arm. Very little interest in running (that started last year, really.)

So it goes. I hope he's not done. The league is better when great players are great.
Let's roll another joint
MRM

Post by MRM »

The question is which first-year coach gets the ax and gets it first: Hackett, McDaniel, Lovie?
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

MRM wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:00 am The question is which first-year coach gets the ax and gets it first: Hackett, McDaniel, Lovie?
Tenure alone, I say Hackett .. Mc and Smith have reach on experience

Lovie isnt on the list (yet)
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Crocaneers wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:37 am
MRM wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:00 am The question is which first-year coach gets the ax and gets it first: Hackett, McDaniel, Lovie?
Tenure alone, I say Hackett .. Mc and Smith have reach on experience

Lovie isnt on the list (yet)
Agreed. Gotta give Lovie a pass considering what he's had to work with this year.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Texans fired Culley after 1 year with the same issues as they have this year. It wouldn't shock me at all if Lovie is let go.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:13 am The Texans fired Culley after 1 year with the same issues as they have this year. It wouldn't shock me at all if Lovie is let go.
If they toss the GM, then possible , .. but only if

Houston is a baseball town now, so football is an afterthought
Snake

Post by Snake »

Kingsbury is 4-8.

He’s gonna get fired
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

I wish we could add Bowles to this list, but y'all know how the Glazers work. It ain't happening.
Don't tread on me
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Buc2 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:48 pm I wish we could add Bowles to this list, but y'all know how the Glazers work. It ain't happening.
I think he will be fired at the end of this year. I just can't imagine this team pulling themselves out of the hole they are in.
MJW

Post by MJW »

13F11B wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:05 pm
Buc2 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:48 pm I wish we could add Bowles to this list, but y'all know how the Glazers work. It ain't happening.
I think he will be fired at the end of this year. I just can't imagine this team pulling themselves out of the hole they are in.
We're going to go 8-9, beat out the 7-10 Falcons for the 4th seed, and get ass-blasted in the first round by either the Eagles or Cowboys. Bowles and Co. will get another year because of our triumphant division title.
Let's roll another joint