NFL '22 - Coachs Hot Seat

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Miller4Prez64

Re: NFL '22 - Coachs Hot Seat

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:31 pm Lovie & Kliff so far the only Black Monday casualties. Add them to Hack, Reich, and Rhule, it's 5 vacancies this year. Pretty low.

Of course maybe some of the 4 coaches on the list here who are now in the playoffs will be fired...
I think the only other potential job opening will be the Rams IMO. Depending on if McVay decides to walk away, which is a serious possibility.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Who would have thought that giving Murray a ludicrous contract would blow up in their faces and get them fired? oh wait..
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:44 am Love that this is every fucking thread in this shit hole
there is always a common thread...
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:39 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:31 pm Lovie & Kliff so far the only Black Monday casualties. Add them to Hack, Reich, and Rhule, it's 5 vacancies this year. Pretty low.

Of course maybe some of the 4 coaches on the list here who are now in the playoffs will be fired...
I think the only other potential job opening will be the Rams IMO. Depending on if McVay decides to walk away, which is a serious possibility.
I agree. Him and Rams management mortgaged their future big time to get that Super Bowl trophy but now the piper has come to collect. And they're going to be paying off that debt for a long time. What is it, the next three drafts where they don't have a first rounder?
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

No love lost for Kingsbury in Arizona. Apparently he was so inept that the Cardinals are paying him millions over the next five years not to coach football for them.

Last edited by Defense5599 on Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:02 pm
Pro tip for all you wannbe bearded men out there.

Todd here has a fucked up beard because Todd or Todd's shitty barber use the jawline to shape the beard.

Looks fuckin great straight ahead in the mirror but the second you turn sideways it looks worse than a chinstrap.

Grow the under chin and stop at the first crease in the neck just above the Adams apple.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Never go full George Lucas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:46 pm
I wonder who’s the coach or coordinator Kyler Murray like? Lions OC Ben Johnson? Cowboys OC Kellen Moore?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Lolwut. That franchise is turning in to….us or the Browns real quick
Snake

Post by Snake »

It only makes sense
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:37 pm
Lolwut. That franchise is turning in to….us or the Browns real quick
Yea minus the 2 Superbowls..
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

_MB_ wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:11 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:02 pm

Todd here has a fucked up beard because Todd or Todd's shitty barber use the jawline to shape the beard.

Looks fuckin great straight ahead in the mirror but the second you turn sideways it looks worse than a chinstrap.

Grow the under chin and stop at the first crease in the neck just above the Adams apple.
Or simply grow it long enough that you don't have to shave your neck....

Pro tip from a lazy old fart with a long beard
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Selmon Rules wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:04 pm
_MB_ wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:11 pm

These are both excellent pieces of advice. Currently at @_MB_ levels of beard, but will be at @Selmon Rules level by March. Mid-Atlantic seaboard winter climates and working outside at 0300 dictates a built in face scarf.
MJW

Post by MJW »

acmillis wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:47 pm
GreatTimes wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:35 pm
He lasted longer than most HC who make the first jump from College to the NFL.
As far as I can remember, only Jimmy Johnson made the jump successfully and Barry Switzer also won a SB albeit with Jimmy Johnson's team.
Harbaugh did great.

Also:

Breaking this down:

Did A Good Job For The Most Part:
Bill O' Brien (The HEAD COACH, not the GM)
Jim Harbaugh

College Studs Poorly Suited For The Pro Game:
Steve Spurrier
Matt Rhule
Chip Kelly
Greg Schiano
Nick Saban

Why The Fuck Was This Guy Hired?:
Kliff Kingsbury
Doug Marrone (Twice!)

Complete Pieces Of Shit:
Urban Meyer
Bobby Petrino
Butch Davis
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
MJW

Post by MJW »

Nano wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:55 pm

lol
I'm taking applications for my coaching staff, in case I get hired to coach the Colts. Inquire within.
Let's roll another joint
MJW

Post by MJW »

So, going by the actual firings and the interim coaches/teams that are interviewing, it's

Panthers (interim/interviewing, solid chance they keep the interim I think)
Cardinals (officially open)
Colts (interim/interviewing, no chance they keep the interim)
Texans (officially open)
Broncos (interim/interviewing, no chance they keep the interim)

Worth monitoring

Commanders. Rivera is now 22-27-1 in DC. Quarterback is more of a mess than ever. Highlight was taking us to the 4th quarterback after making the playoffs at 7-9. There's a lot in flux with this franchise and Rivera might stay just because he's a respected figure in the NFL world offering some legitimacy to the shitshow.

Cowboys. WHEN we beat them Monday Night, that might be it for McCarthy. In fact, WHEN they lose, I'd be surprised if Jones keeps him another year.

Saints. Dennis Allen said he "expects" to return, which is another way of saying, "nobody has told me I'm going to return." Seems like, at least, the Saints are reviewing their options.

Rams. At some point, this "I might be quitting" shit is going to be a bad look for the players and the organization. I'm sure they'll welcome McVay back, but the longer he waits, the more he paints himself into a corner RE leaving.

Titans. I think this is a good pick for the "surprising" late-in-the-process firing. We'll know when their new GM is hired.

Best Guesses For Hires:

Panthers - DeMeco Ryans. As good a choice as any. Ryans seems like a lock to get a HC job this year.

Cardinals - Sean Payton. There are a lot of moving parts, including the Saints' asking price and Payton's interest in marrying Kyler Murray. But there's already a lot of smoke to this fire.

Colts - Jim Harbaugh. I still think this is the best fit for both parties, so I'll go with this for the moment.

Texans - Kellen Moore. I WANT to say Josh McCown, but I can't see the Texans making a hire like that at this point. They poach a respected young offensive mind from their big brother and give him, probably, CJ Stroud to work with. They can build on that!

Broncos - Dan Quinn. Tough to say what'll happen with that ownership position. I'm going against the grain a bit with a defensive guy and a fairly unsexy hire. But Quinn is an excellent coach who turned around the Atlanta Falcons almost overnight.
Let's roll another joint
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Rams are allowing all of their assistants to look for other jobs else if they please, lateral moves or promotions.

Yea, McVay ain't coming back. No way they allow this if they believe he is.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:49 pm The Rams are allowing all of their assistants to look for other jobs else if they please, lateral moves or promotions.

The look on his face when the game ended this weekend didn't look like the expression of a guy who wanted to do that for another year.

Though it should be noted that McVay isn't getting fired so he isn't exactly a hot seat candidate.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

...In Madden.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:53 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:49 pm The Rams are allowing all of their assistants to look for other jobs else if they please, lateral moves or promotions.

The look on his face when the game ended this weekend didn't look like the expression of a guy who wanted to do that for another year.

Though it should be noted that McVay isn't getting fired so he isn't exactly a hot seat candidate.
What's crazy is he could take 5-10 years off or so and he'll still be in his early to mid 40s.

I read an article a few years back detailing Jon Harbaugh's life as a HC. There's no way in hell I'd ever agree to that commitment. He was sleeping at the office 4-5 nights a week, having drive by meals and chats with his wife and kid, basically spent every waking and sleeping moment.

I can see that being overwhelming for a younger guy like McVay. He hasn't really started a family. It burns you out mentally very very quickly at that age.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:17 pm
The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:53 pm

What's crazy is he could take 5-10 years off or so and he'll still be in his early to mid 40s.

I read an article a few years back detailing Jon Harbaugh's life as a HC. There's no way in hell I'd ever agree to that commitment. He was sleeping at the office 4-5 nights a week, having drive by meals and chats with his wife and kid, basically spent every waking and sleeping moment.

I can see that being overwhelming for a younger guy like McVay. He hasn't really started a family. It burns you out mentally very very quickly at that age.
Yeah, I hardly want a 40 hour work week let alone a NFL head coaching gig.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:19 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:17 pm

Yeah, I hardly want a 40 hour work week let alone a NFL head coaching gig.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Rocker wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:24 pm
Selmon Rules wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:04 pm

These are both excellent pieces of advice. Currently at @_MB_ levels of beard, but will be at @Selmon Rules level by March. Mid-Atlantic seaboard winter climates and working outside at 0300 dictates a built in face scarf.
Ya me too. I live on the beach but the water is cold right now, I don't need to wear a facemask, and a mustache with a facemask means don't bother wearing one 60 feet underwater, it won't seal and you'll blow lots of tank keeping it from being totally waterlogged. And while the beard isn't pretty right now, I'm not going Abe Lincoln and have a beard while still shaving my upper lip.

By May I'll be cleanshaven again but for now no razors allowed.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Sounds like Sean Payton has his choice of many jobs. Even some not available yet…
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:29 pm Sounds like Sean Payton has his choice of many jobs. Even some not available yet…
Here's an app he can use to decide...

https://spinthewheel.app/the-ultimate-n ... wheel-7JXj
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Xandtar wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:24 pm
Rocker wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:24 pm

Ya me too. I live on the beach but the water is cold right now, I don't need to wear a facemask, and a mustache with a facemask means don't bother wearing one 60 feet underwater, it won't seal and you'll blow lots of tank keeping it from being totally waterlogged. And while the beard isn't pretty right now, I'm not going Abe Lincoln and have a beard while still shaving my upper lip.

How far out is the drop off at Statia?
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

mdb1958 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:27 pm

I have to ask...

Do you type shit out, then go back and read it just to make sure you got it as confusing and meaningless as possible before hitting the submit button? If so, you're doing a great job.
Don't tread on me
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Buc2 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:25 pm

I have to ask...

Do you type shit out, then go back and read it just to make sure you got it as confusing and meaningless as possible before hitting the submit button? If so, you're doing a great job.
I have a theory that mdb is a 1st gen forum ai that the developer forgot to disable after they moved on.
Plinko was the beta version.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

At Statia it's usually between 100 and 200 yards, then it drops straight down which is why supertankers can park there. But I live in the Bahamas now and like people in Miami-Fort Lauderdale not that far to my west, I wait for the Florida Strait to warm up some before I go into the water. Statia was my third island and I've lived on four others since then.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Buc2 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:25 pm

I have to ask...

For what it's worth, he asked me about Statia when I posted a picture of the beautiful truck I owned there about 15 years ago. I posted pics then of the island's south shore with the supertankers further out from the sailboats near the beach. So it wasn't confusing and meaningless to me. I'm sorry if others didn't get the chance to see my beautiful truck at the tail end of another thread somewhere.

Edit: How could I deny others the pleasure? Here it is! Wouldn't you like to ride in the back of my truck?

IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Um, wouldn't that be better asked as "Wouldn't you like to ride on the back of my truck?"
Push the damned button already!
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Hah, I guess so. Some students did, heh, it was a bumpy ride.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Xandtar wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:18 pm

At Statia it's usually between 100 and 200 yards, then it drops straight down which is why supertankers can park there. But I live in the Bahamas now and like people in Miami-Fort Lauderdale not that far to my west, I wait for the Florida Strait to warm up some before I go into the water. Statia was my third island and I've lived on four others since then.

25.7° N, 79.2° W

End of the world saloon? Friends had to carry me away, to stumble to the sailboat. I would think so much of the Bahamas lost a lot of land because of the hurricanes.

bibl asked about Bimini so I looked it up - it is so different from when I went there in the 90's.

Plus they have killed satellite maps, what a joke.