NFL '22 - Coachs Hot Seat

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
King Bootz

Re: NFL '22 - Coachs Hot Seat

Post by King Bootz »

Moozician wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:47 pm Quit being a dick, Bootz.
If me calling a spade a spade is quantified as me being a dick, then I'll be that. Just because Croc is well liked and respected, and I do respect and admire him highly, that doesn't give him free reign to be a disrespectful dick himself, which he was to me in several occasions here.

So if yall mad that I call it out, be mad. He doesn't get to say whatever he pleases just because people like him. Not to me anyway. He can disrespect you all he likes.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Cheb wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:44 am
MJW wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:46 am Anyway, back on topic - I think Vrabel's seat is warming up quickly. It's fair to say the roster isn't great, but it's also fair to say the division was theirs to win and they didn't.
The Titans have 23 players on injured reserve at the moment, and had a total of 33 players on IR for the season. Both of those numbers led the NFL. Put another way, 50.11% of their total cap spending ended the year on the trainer's table.

I'd give Vrabel a break in such circumstances.
You hear/read about how players/coaches tell us how playing careful attempting to avoid injuries tends to lead to those same injuries.

I don't recall the numbers, but I'm sure the numbersc exist somewhere. What kind of impact to the team rosters did IR play? Did the "return to play" version of IR lead to more players moving to temporary IR rather than playing through the pain?

Or, likely, have the rules on hits and contact, dedigned to reduce injuries, actually increase said injuries?
Push the damned button already!
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

After last night's meltdown in Jacksonville, I'm putting Mike Vrabel on this list. You start off 7-3 and then lose 7 in a row to end the season, you won't be keeping your job on my team.

One of the worst collapses I've ever seen and I've seen a lot.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Snake

Post by Snake »

He wants to be an NFL coach.

Moozician

Post by Moozician »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:53 am
Moozician wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:47 pm Quit being a dick, Bootz.
If me calling a spade a spade is quantified as me being a dick, then I'll be that. Just because Croc is well liked and respected, and I do respect and admire him highly, that doesn't give him free reign to be a disrespectful dick himself, which he was to me in several occasions here.

So if yall mad that I call it out, be mad. He doesn't get to say whatever he pleases just because people like him. Not to me anyway. He can disrespect you all he likes.
I don't believe he ever disrespected me. I don't believe he disrespected you, either.

"Fuck you" tour? The guys taking a hiatus from this place because he's got a lot going on. This place dropped in priority. Hardly a "fuck you" in that.

But I'm not mad. Just doing like you, "calling a spade a spade"
Snake

Post by Snake »

"calling a spade a spade"
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Harbaugh news
According to network insiders Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero, Harbaugh is expected to interview virtually in the coming days with Broncos ownership, which includes former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, a former confidant at Stanford.

The interview is expected to coincide with Denver interviewing Sean Payton, unofficially kicking off the Broncos’ search after the organized fired head coach Nathaniel Hackett on Dec. 26.

Harbaugh has been linked to two NFL teams in the last week, the Broncos and the Carolina Panthers, the latter of which “didn’t amount to anything.”

“While there have been some discussions with Michigan about a raise in the past couple of weeks, nothing has come to fruition yet, helping open the door to NFL interest,” Rapoport and Pelissero report.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Cardinals Not Set On Firing Kingsbury Despite Exploring Candidates, per Report

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/01/08/arizo ... candidates

“I don’t want to break up. But don’t get upset that I’m dating around…”
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Snake

Post by Snake »

Jim Caldwell. No shit…
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

This thread is the last place I expected to see the name Condoleezza Rice.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Texans fired Lovie Smith
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Phantom wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:24 pm Texans fired Lovie Smith
Bad move by them IMO. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon and they need someone to build a foundation and provide some stability during the painful years of their rebuilding process. Lovie isn't an awful guy for that job. Aside from that, franchises rarely get better when they fire their coach every year.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Snake wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:20 pm Jim Caldwell. No shit…
The perfect Rooney rule interview candidate
MJW

Post by MJW »

Question For @King Bootz based on his earlier comments -

Dan Campbell won 9 games with the Lions but did not qualify for the playoffs.
Todd Bowles won 8 games with the Buccaneers but did qualify for the playoffs.

Who did a better coaching job - the guy who won more but was in a better division, or the guy who won less but was in a weaker one?
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:47 am Question For @King Bootz based on his earlier comments -

Who did a better coaching job - the guy who won more but was in a better division, or the guy who won less but was in a weaker one?
You've made it clear that moral victories matter way more than winning championships or qualifying to win championships, so ideologically speaking our answers would probably differ.
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:39 am
MJW wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:47 am Question For @King Bootz based on his earlier comments -

You've made it clear that moral victories matter way more than winning championships or qualifying to win championships, so ideologically speaking our answers would probably differ.
In other words, Todd Bowles showed a particular coaching skill in being in a bad division, while Dan Campbell did not show that skill by being in a better one? That's the only place your logic can end up. I'm sorry..."logic." And this is just putting aside that by any objective, subjective, or obvious measure, Campbell was working with significantly less in Detroit that Bowles was handed.

Being myopic doesn't make you principled dude. It makes your arguments ridiculous.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:35 pm
Bad move by them IMO. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon and they need someone to build a foundation and provide some stability during the painful years of their rebuilding process. Lovie isn't an awful guy for that job. Aside from that, franchises rarely get better when they fire their coach every year.
Maybe this will be the year they finally hire Josh McCown, who has no coach experience beyond being an assistant on his son's high school team.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Management is pissed that Lovie decided to go for the win in Indy and cost them the top draft pick as a result. They needed their pick of the QBs in the worst way.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Did him dirty.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Defense5599 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:19 am

Management is pissed that Lovie decided to go for the win in Indy and cost them the top draft pick as a result. They needed their pick of the QBs in the worst way.
They still have the #2 pick and the team picking in front of them isn't taking a QB #1 overall after drafting Fields in the top 10 2 years ago. So, yeah, definition of irrelevant. The Texans are incompetent.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

The Outsider wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:10 am

They still have the #2 pick and the team picking in front of them isn't taking a QB #1 overall after drafting Fields in the top 10 2 years ago. So, yeah, definition of irrelevant. The Texans are incompetent.
The Arizona Cardinals would like a word with you.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

The Bears need to do their homework on Bryce Young. If they feel like he's the better prospect and gives them a higher ceiling, then pull the trigger and send Fields elsewhere for a bundle of picks.

If not, then they need to find a trade down partner.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Defense5599 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:03 am After last night's meltdown in Jacksonville, I'm putting Mike Vrabel on this list. You start off 7-3 and then lose 7 in a row to end the season, you won't be keeping your job on my team.

They became a literal husk of a football team with injuries. Despite that, they came pretty damn close to stealing a division they didn’t deserve in the last week with Josh Dobbs at QB. Firing Vrabel fixes zero problems for Tennessee.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

acmillis wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:16 am

Are you seriously comparing Fields to Josh fucking Rosen? Because if you are, well, you need to make your way to a doctor to be checked for retardation.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:02 am
acmillis wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:16 am

Are you seriously comparing Fields to Josh fucking Rosen? Because if you are, well, you need to make your way to a doctor to be checked for retardation.
He's been needing to make that appointment. This is someone who knows Justin Fields is a bust already after less than 2 full seasons as a starting QB but thinks Kyle Trask deserves an opportunity to start.

Oh and Happy Black Monday
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:06 am
The Outsider wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:02 am

He's been needing to make that appointment. This is someone who knows Justin Fields is a bust already after less than 2 full seasons as a starting QB but thinks Kyle Trask deserves an opportunity to start.

This statement from you tells everyone everything they need to know about not only your ability to evaluate talent, but your bias.

You shit on:
Josh Allen
Justin Herbert
Trevor Lawrence

You praise:
Tua
Fields

...seems a little...biased????
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

But what is stopping that team with the #1 pick from trading down and picking up a slew of picks in the process? That would seem like the most logical move if I was the Bears GM. They have so many holes to fill and extra picks is what will do that.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

acmillis wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:32 am

This statement from you tells everyone everything they need to know about not only your ability to evaluate talent, but your bias.

You shit on:
Josh Allen
Justin Herbert
Trevor Lawrence

You praise:
Tua
Fields

If you're trying to make a race argument I should point out that Tua Tagovailoa is in zero ways black.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:50 am
Defense5599 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:03 am After last night's meltdown in Jacksonville, I'm putting Mike Vrabel on this list. You start off 7-3 and then lose 7 in a row to end the season, you won't be keeping your job on my team.

They became a literal husk of a football team with injuries. Despite that, they came pretty damn close to stealing a division they didn’t deserve in the last week with Josh Dobbs at QB. Firing Vrabel fixes zero problems for Tennessee.
Seeing as they've already fired their GM, I can see them moving on from their coach as well. Otherwise, they've tied their hands when selecting a new GM.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

The Outsider wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:42 am

You shit on:
Josh Allen
Justin Herbert
Trevor Lawrence

You praise:
Tua
Fields

If you're trying to make a race argument I should point out that Tua Tagovailoa is in zero ways black.
But he's also in zero ways white. And these days, if you're not white, you're all lumped together. Especially the Asians/Pacific Islanders which is what he is.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Defense5599 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:41 am

But what is stopping that team with the #1 pick from trading down and picking up a slew of picks in the process? That would seem like the most logical move if I was the Bears GM. They have so many holes to fill and extra picks is what will do that.
Trading up for the #1 overall pick is prohibitively expensive. Many of the teams that are QB desperate simply don't have the capital to make that move. And there aren't a ton of teams who are desperate for a QB right now.

All of the teams in the NFC have guys they're committed to at least in the short term outside of Carolina, maybe NO, and maybe Washington but they're not hard up enough at QB to trade the necessary picks.

In the AFC, outside of the Colts, Texans, and Raiders there are no teams that fit the criteria as well. Maybe Baltimore depending on what happens with Lamar.

I honestly don't see Chicago trading the #1 overall pick because I don't see a ton of teams being interested in giving up what it'll take to trade up into that spot.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Defense5599 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:44 am

But he's also in zero ways white. And these days, if you're not white, you're all lumped together. Especially the Asians/Pacific Islanders which is what he is.
Oh shut the fuck up, ya cracker.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

You shit on:
Josh Allen
Justin Herbert
Trevor Lawrence

You praise:
Tua
Fields

Is he white?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

You shit on:
Josh Allen
Justin Herbert
Trevor Lawrence

You praise:
Tua
Fields

There's a lot of context you're missing for sure.

For one, you'll never find me saying any of those QBs suck and need to be replaced the way you do with guys like Tua or Fields or guys who look like Fields.

For two, there's levels to this. Fields is a lower tier starting QB for sure and no one has ever argued otherwise. But he has indeed improved from year 1 to year 2. The Bears as they are constructed now are not a winning team. But Fields has upside. Acknowledging as such is not praising him.

Tua is #1 this season in passer rating. So I honestly don't know what you're arguing here.

Josh Allen should be in the conversation for best QB in football and he was. But you're saying I "shit" on him for acknowledging his costly turnovers.

Using the same logic you use for Tua, TL isn't that good because he had a poor rookie year and a poor 1st half of this season.

Also using the same logic you use for Lamar Jackson, Herbert has declined in 3 straight seasons now.

But again, unlike you, I think these are great QBs who don't need to be replaced. You think guys like Tua, Lamar, Fields, Murray need to be replaced. Seems a bit.......biased??