NFL '22 - Coachs Hot Seat

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Kress

Re: NFL '22 - Coachs Hot Seat

Post by Kress »

Why are you trying to pin down the goal posts?
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Do not sully the Coach Hot Seat thread with Bootzie discussion .. please take to OT

Thanks in Advance,
ExCroc
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Crocaneers wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:14 pm Do not sully the Coach Hot Seat thread with Bootzie discussion .. please take to OT

Thanks in Advance,
ExCroc
Well why not when you continually shoot down every HC who could potentially be on the hot seat?
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:51 pm
Crocaneers wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:14 pm Do not sully the Coach Hot Seat thread with Bootzie discussion .. please take to OT

Thanks in Advance,
ExCroc
Well why not when you continually shoot down every HC who could potentially be on the hot seat?
You have the complete right to say you were correct when it happens
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Yep. Until then, the Winston came with a contingency: We had to win the SB and we did. So ban lifted.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Lifted by whom? You can't lift a ban on yourself, unless, of course, it was self imposed, a la, "not posting because I want to not post", as opposed to the outcome of a stupid bet.
Push the damned button already!
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

IronDog wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:47 am Lifted by whom? You can't lift a ban on yourself, unless, of course, it was self imposed, a la, "not posting because I want to not post", as opposed to the outcome of a stupid bet.
It wasn't lifted at all because the powers that be went back on their word. Or WI went MIA by then.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:14 am
IronDog wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:47 am Lifted by whom? You can't lift a ban on yourself, unless, of course, it was self imposed, a la, "not posting because I want to not post", as opposed to the outcome of a stupid bet.
It wasn't lifted at all because the powers that be went back on their word. Or WI went MIA by then.
And, honestly, who even gives a shit at this point other than a select 2 or 3 posters here and maybe 1 or 2 that decided to eschew this board and stay at BZ?

Now, back to the topic at hand. Coaches on the hot seat...

I think we're being naive if we don't think the Glazers aren't at least second-guessing their decision to accept Arians' recommendation of Bowles. Although, as others have stated, I doubt they pull the trigger after this year. Glazer history is on the side that he will get at least 1 more year.
Don't tread on me
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:22 am
King Bootz wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:14 am

And, honestly, who even gives a shit at this point other than a select 2 or 3 posters here and maybe 1 or 2 that decided to eschew this board and stay at BZ?

Now, back to the topic at hand. Coaches on the hot seat...

I think we're being naive if we don't think the Glazers aren't at least second-guessing their decision to accept Arians' recommendation of Bowles. Although, as others have stated, I doubt they pull the trigger after this year. Glazer history is on the side that he will get at least 1 more year.
It keeps getting rehashed over and over.

Would be nice for this thread to be about HCs on the hot seat but the OP shoots down any potential name who could/should be on the list because.......reasons? Not sure.

So this thread has been hijacked by others and made about me. I'm gonna give the people what they want.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Thanks in Advance,
ExCroc
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:58 pm Dennis Allen should be on this list.

8-28 in 3 years with the Raiders. 5-9 this year after the team was over .500 last year.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:19 pm The Patriots might fire Bill Belichick. Sean McVay might be fired too. @Crocaneers add those to the list since the only qualifier is someone has to say it.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Chargers?

Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Kingsbury all but gone

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Crocaneers wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:19 pm Kingsbury all but gone

Agreed, Payton/Murray+Fangio=watch out NFL
tnbandwagoner1

Post by tnbandwagoner1 »

Phantom wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:23 pm

Has Murray even won a playoff game? He's great at beating up on bad teams early in the season; beyond that, he hasn't done much. It's pretty telling when your team puts a clause in your mega-contract, even if it was removed due to protestation from the diva, mandating a certain number of hours of film study per week. I can't ever recall hearing or reading about an athlete that was lazy and then suddenly became committed to his craft and excelled. He seems more interested in making commercials than winning championships. And Payton is smart enough to know that.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Payton is going to the Chargers. He's publicly stated he wants to play in LA. Staley is at best a mediocre coach and is holding the team and Herbert back big time.

Payton +Fangio + Herbert is a real SB threat in 2023.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

BucsNBills wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:18 pm

Payton is going to the Chargers. He's publicly stated he wants to play in LA. Staley is at best a mediocre coach and is holding the team and Herbert back big time.

Yea so now Herbert can be put in a plug n play offense.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:41 pm
BucsNBills wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:18 pm

What's good for the Goose.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

BucsNBills wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:52 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:41 pm

Meanwhile the Chargers are 8-6 and currently the 6th seed in the playoffs. In fact if I'm not mistaken they can secure a spot if they win Monday night against the Colts who have changed QBs yet again. Seems Staley is doing something right.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:44 pm

Meanwhile the Chargers are 8-6 and currently the 6th seed in the playoffs. In fact if I'm not mistaken they can secure a spot if they win Monday night against the Colts who have changed QBs yet again. Seems Staley is doing something right.
Thanks to Herbert. He's had to deal with an oline that gives up the most pressures in the league, a bad defense, and weapons that are made of glass.

Staley has had little to do with the Chargers owning a playoff spot right now.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Dungy did really good here, we still moved
On…
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

BucsNBills wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:55 pm

Thanks to Herbert. He's had to deal with an oline that gives up the most pressures in the league, a bad defense, and weapons that are made of glass.

Staley has had little to do with the Chargers owning a playoff spot right now.
Thanks to Herbert? How did he help the Chargers win last week with his 2 turnover, no TD performance? Yards?
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:41 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:58 pm Dennis Allen should be on this list.

8-28 in 3 years with the Raiders. 5-9 this year after the team was over .500 last year.
This is a great point a la the Bowles discussion.

Dennis Allen and Todd Bowles are VERY similar. Both successful DCs. Both failed former head coaches. Both groomed by excellent head coaches for their next shot. Both handed the keys.

Here's the big difference: Nobody thought the Saints would be very good. I think the most optimistic predictions I saw had them as a 9-10 win team jockeying for a Wild Card. So winning 6 or 7 games, yeah, it's disappointing. But it's hardly jarring. When you're predicted to be a C+ team and you end up a C- team, it's usually not enough to fire your first year head coach, unless there's apparent disfunction.

You can guess where I'm going with this. Arians literally said he was putting Bowles in a perfect situation to succeed. I didn't see one prediction of anyone else winning the division. Most thought we'd have it wrapped up by the time the Thanksgiving leftovers were eaten. And the rest of the division obliged, as it's literally the worst division in NFL history.

So to be in the spot we're in now, potentially 24 hours away from 2nd place behind a team with an interim head coach and PJ Walker at quarterback...a team that sold off it's only elite weapon mid-season...

There's the difference.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
MJW

Post by MJW »

Considering the combination of expectations, talent, and competition, being in this position might be the most embarrassed I've ever felt as a Buccaneers fan. We've had many worse teams. But I can't think of one that did less with more.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

MJW wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:32 am

Dennis Allen and Todd Bowles are VERY similar. Both successful DCs. Both failed former head coaches. Both groomed by excellent head coaches for their next shot. Both handed the keys.

Here's the big difference: Nobody thought the Saints would be very good. I think the most optimistic predictions I saw had them as a 9-10 win team jockeying for a Wild Card. So winning 6 or 7 games, yeah, it's disappointing. But it's hardly jarring. When you're predicted to be a C+ team and you end up a C- team, it's usually not enough to fire your first year head coach, unless there's apparent disfunction.

You can guess where I'm going with this. Arians literally said he was putting Bowles in a perfect situation to succeed. I didn't see one prediction of anyone else winning the division. Most thought we'd have it wrapped up by the time the Thanksgiving leftovers were eaten. And the rest of the division obliged, as it's literally the worst division in NFL history.

So to be in the spot we're in now, potentially 24 hours away from 2nd place behind a team with an interim head coach and PJ Walker at quarterback...a team that sold off it's only elite weapon mid-season...

There's the difference.
PJ is not the qb, it’s Mayfield….no, it’s Darnold

Oh….
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

If the Bucs lose their final 3 games, how hot will the seat be for Bowles and company?
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

GreatTimes wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:24 am If the Bucs lose their final 3 games, how hot will the seat be for Bowles and company?
If Bowles can't get this roster to win the worst division in football...
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:32 am

There's the difference.
So much that makes zero sense. Being a 10 win Wildcard team is a C+ achievement but being 5 games under .500 only drops you to C-? You're simultaneously setting a very high and very low standard.

You're basing all of these potential decisions both FOs would make off of how good you felt the team would be. Teams fire HCs all of the time and not just because the media thought they'd be better than they were. So that logic fails miserably.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Hackett Didn't even make it a full year

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

No shit, we all saw it coming
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Glazers, please take notice of the Denver and Hackett situation...
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

BucsNBills wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:44 pm Glazers, please take notice of the Denver and Hackett situation...
That's a completely different situation with a team that is playing far worse football than ours.

Every post you make furthers the perception that you're a moron from Western NY.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

It doesn't happen often, but it's happened for the past 2 years.

Rocker

Post by Rocker »

I forgot all about the Petrino experiment.