NFL '22 - Coachs Hot Seat

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
acmillis

Re: NFL '22 - Coachs Hot Seat

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:11 pm
acmillis wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:03 pm

Because head coaches saying that and leaving immediately never happens.
So you're saying Harbaugh is going to take an NFL job?
Not necessarily, I’m just saying there is a history if coaches saying things like this and then… bam, they gone
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:34 pm
King Bootz wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:11 pm

So you're saying Harbaugh is going to take an NFL job?
Not necessarily, I’m just saying there is a history if coaches saying things like this and then… bam, they gone
And that has what to do with Harbaugh?
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Harbaugh going back on his word would hardly be surprising. Miami and Brady? You know Ross about it.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

So who's going to step out on the limb instead of cowardly stepping on egg shells saying nothing at all? Is Harbaugh leaving or not?
Snake

Post by Snake »

I don’t think any of this hiring stuff is predictable from our vantage point. So I won’t make any predictions on hirings at this time.

I just wouldn’t be surprised if he made the jump. These coaches lie like rugs, man.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Again, saying absolutely nothing at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nick Saban retires after the Sugar Bowl. No evidence has even thinking about. Not even a rumor. But just because I can form a sentence or 2, why not? Also wouldn't be surprised if Jon Gruden wanted to come back to coaching. Wouldn't be surprised if Todd Bowles wanted to keep his job.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Harbaugh has made the college to NFL jump before. He’s had success in the NFL. He’s staring down the possibility of the most successful season in UM history. Would he want to pursue NFL opportunities or is kicking OSU’s ass for the next 5-10 years sufficient?

Whether or not he’d leave his alma mater at the height of his powers…remains to be seen. Let’s see how the playoffs shake out.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:22 pm Harbaugh has made the college to NFL jump before. He’s had success in the NFL. He’s staring down the possibility of the most successful season in UM history. Would he want to pursue NFL opportunities or is kicking OSU’s ass for the next 5-10 years sufficient?

Whether or not he’d leave his alma mater at the height of his powers…remains to be seen. Let’s see how the playoffs shake out.
Yea. Once. 12 years ago...But by all means, let's pretend it's been his norm....Ya know, Saban did too. Maybe he's thinking about coming back now, right?

As recently as last year Harbaugh interviewed for NFL jobs before deciding to return to Michigan. This year, he didn't even bother to wait. He announced early that he was not coaching anywhere in 2023 except Michigan. And now people want to bring it into question. If you wanna throw shit at the wall to see what sticks, do you.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:16 pm Again, saying absolutely nothing at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nick Saban retires after the Sugar Bowl. No evidence has even thinking about. Not even a rumor. But just because I can form a sentence or 2, why not? Also wouldn't be surprised if Jon Gruden wanted to come back to coaching. Wouldn't be surprised if Todd Bowles wanted to keep his job.
Hilarious you use Sanandaj as an example, a guy who literally went back on his word in the exact scenario you’re questioning. Bootz, you ain’t the sharpest peanut in the turd.
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:16 pm Again, saying absolutely nothing at all.
It's a message board dude. For fans. Not insiders.

If someone has actual news or information, they should cite it to the best of their ability.

The other 99% of this beast is people saying things.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

MJW wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:52 am

If someone has actual news or information, they should cite it to the best of their ability.

No wonder I haven't gotten my (obviously deserved) Pulitzer prize yet.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

The Outsider wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:18 am

Take your trinket. I'm gunning for a Nobel prize in literature with my Topic #666 thread.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:10 pm
Phantom wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:03 pm I really don't think Jim Harbaugh will leave Michigan but he will be a perfect fit for Colts
Harbaugh has already announced he's staying at Michigan and not looking for employment elsewhere.
You can't possibly believe a word of the second half of that statement. Just another bait and switch comment out of the usual suspects. I imagine he probably holds up pre-printed cue cards with answers like that.
Push the damned button already!
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

I cited the information here. But that other 99% of "Talking outta our collective asses for the hell of it" chimed in here to say Harbaugh was wrong about his own future. Kinda makes citing anything pointless if the information is debated with.......bullshit.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

The Outsider wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:18 am

This, I don't understand. I put your name into the committee.
Push the damned button already!
Snake

Post by Snake »

Not sure where to put this. Broncos reach out to Jim Harbaugh.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... baugh/amp/
Snake

Post by Snake »

We only know this because:

1. An idiot close to the situation ran their month.
2. His agent is trying to get a raise from Michigan. Again.
3. Fueling a bidding war for NFL jobs.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Just read a story on what the Saints will want in a trade for Payton. It would be as much as the Bucs gave up for Gruden, or the Patriots gave up for Belicheat or what the Giants gave up for Parcells. Gona be multiple 1st round picks along with a few other picks. That would take Denver out of the chance to bring in Payton as their HC. Houston has extra draft picks thanks to the QB Watson trade.
MJW

Post by MJW »

GreatTimes wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:55 pm Just read a story on what the Saints will want in a trade for Payton. It would be as much as the Bucs gave up for Gruden, or the Patriots gave up for Belicheat or what the Giants gave up for Parcells. Gona be multiple 1st round picks along with a few other picks. That would take Denver out of the chance to bring in Payton as their HC. Houston has extra draft picks thanks to the QB Watson trade.
I could have sworn at one point the league put rules in place against trading coaches. Was that just a fever dream?
Let's roll another joint
MJW

Post by MJW »

Snake wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:12 pm We only know this because:

A shiny nickel says all this came from the agent. I wouldn't even be surprised if the agent made the call to the Broncos to see if they were "interested."
Let's roll another joint
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

MJW wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:21 am
Snake wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:12 pm We only know this because:

A shiny nickel says all this came from the agent. I wouldn't even be surprised if the agent made the call to the Broncos to see if they were "interested."

Ahh, but will the breach ever be given sentencing! Proof of intent will be the deciding factor...
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Bootz, just stay quiet for a few weeks and let everything go back to NORMAL.
GoldenBudda

Post by GoldenBudda »

MJW wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:53 am
GreatTimes wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:55 pm Just read a story on what the Saints will want in a trade for Payton. It would be as much as the Bucs gave up for Gruden, or the Patriots gave up for Belicheat or what the Giants gave up for Parcells. Gona be multiple 1st round picks along with a few other picks. That would take Denver out of the chance to bring in Payton as their HC. Houston has extra draft picks thanks to the QB Watson trade.
I could have sworn at one point the league put rules in place against trading coaches. Was that just a fever dream?
They did after we traded Gruden. The rules have changed now you cant trade a coach technically, but you can provide compensation to a team who will then release the coach from his contract.

Thats how it works now
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

mdb1958 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:13 am Bootz, just stay quiet for a few weeks and let everything go back to NORMAL.
2 questions.

1. In reference to what?

2. Around here, what is considered NORMAL?
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

GoldenBudda wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:00 am

They did after we traded Gruden. The rules have changed now you cant trade a coach technically, but you can provide compensation to a team who will then release the coach from his contract.

Thats how it works now
If memory serves even further, Rich McKay was on the committee that voted it in to place.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

For Payton to be signed there are 2 things that are necessary. 1. That team would need the draft capital to compensate the Saints. 2. Payton would want to be the HC of that team. I doubt that Payton wants to go to a team that lacks in winning players. And signing with a team that has to give up a bunch of draft choices would make building a team very difficult. That leaves Denver out. Houston is a bad team and would remain so if they had to use all the draft choices, they picked up in the Watson trade to sign Payton. Seattle has the draft choices because of the QB Wilson trade, but Pete Carrol isn't going to retire. It would be difficult for Tampa to fire Bowles after the Buc's made the play offs. So who is left in the Payton sweepstakes?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

This has the Colts written all over
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Phantom wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:08 pm This has the Colts written all over
I believe that the Colts HC job is the best job open for a prospective NFL coach. They had real QB issues last year and lost a all-pro caliber RB in injury. New HC, high draft pick and an owner that will spend money. Lamar Jackson (though he will probably be tagged if not signed) Carr, Brady or one of the top QB's coming out of college.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Snake wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:03 pm
But @King Bootz clearly said Harbaugh is not leaving. I’m trust Bootz more than a credentialed reporter, for sure!
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:32 pm
Snake wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:03 pm
But @King Bootz clearly said Harbaugh is not leaving. I’m trust Bootz more than a credentialed reporter, for sure!
Another day, another @acmillis lie. I never said Harbaugh wasn't leaving. JIM HARBAUGH said Jim Harbaugh wasn't leaving. I love how we question when someone gives the information about their own future and it gets questioned but "sources" are deemed more credible.

Oh and you can crawl back under your rock, kiddo, like you did a few days ago when you got egg on your face. Tip is on the dresser.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Wonder if the Glazers would cut Bowles loose if they can snag Harbaugh.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:08 am
mdb1958 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:13 am Bootz, just stay quiet for a few weeks and let everything go back to NORMAL.
2 questions.

1. In reference to what?

2. Around here, what is considered NORMAL?

Really Bootz, how many people do you think are really in here? If you wanna know who is laughing just follow who is doing the down voting and upvoting - they show their hand.

LOL, I didnt even know I couldnt down vote - havnt tried it, I just do up votes.

Yeah they have been down voting me for well over a year now.

I am surprised that now Buc2 is kissing the ring finger, I guess he has aspirations.
MJW

Post by MJW »

GoldenBudda wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:00 am

Thats how it works now
Got it, you can't "trade" for a coach, you can just send a team draft picks for no reason, and then they'll coincidentally release their coach from his contract with the understanding he'll come to your team. But no trading. Makes sense.
Let's roll another joint
Phantom

Post by Phantom »