NFL '22 - Coachs Hot Seat

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Obsolete

Re: NFL '22 - Coachs Hot Seat

Post by Obsolete »

It seems like Nathaniel couldnt Hackett...
Ta dum tsss
MJW

Post by MJW »

Rocker wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:52 pm I forgot all about the Petrino experiment.
It's tough to be a legendarily huge piece of shit in the world of football coaching, but that was Bobby Petrino. He was the Prototype for Urban Meyer. And even Urban Meyer didn't walk away from his team mid-season.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:36 am
Rocker wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:52 pm I forgot all about the Petrino experiment.
It's tough to be a legendarily huge piece of shit in the world of football coaching, but that was Bobby Petrino. He was the Prototype for Urban Meyer. And even Urban Meyer didn't walk away from his team mid-season.
Petrino got a raw deal. He came there with the mindset of building a winning system around Michael Vick and then Vick gets arrested and suspended a month before the season. That Petrino stayed as long as he did is surprising IMO
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:04 am
MJW wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:36 am

Petrino got a raw deal. He came there with the mindset of building a winning system around Michael Vick and then Vick gets arrested and suspended a month before the season. That Petrino stayed as long as he did is surprising IMO
Sounds like you're excusing him for quitting on the team and the man that hired him. What he did was pathetic. It was a scumbag move by any stretch of the imagination.

"Petrino resigned to become head coach at Arkansas, less than 24 hours after personally promising owner Arthur Blank that he was staying in Atlanta."
Don't tread on me
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:15 am

Sounds like you're excusing him for quitting on the team and the man that hired him. What he did was pathetic. It was a scumbag move by any stretch of the imagination.

"Petrino resigned to become head coach at Arkansas, less than 24 hours after personally promising owner Arthur Blank that he was staying in Atlanta."
Agreed. On both accounts. Petrino got a raw deal with Vick getting arrested. That sucks and anyone would have failed in that situation. That said, it's also shitty to go back on your word like that especially within hours. That shows a serious lack of integrity that Petrino would go on to display at Arkansas when he wiped out on his bike with the student intern he was banging.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:15 am

Had he been upfront with Blank and told him that he couldn't do this because of the circumstances, I think Blank would've been more than understanding. I'm not forgiving what Petrino did, but given the circumstances there really were no right answers there.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:51 am but given the circumstances there really were no right answers there.
Honor your word is a simple solution and the right answer
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Rocker wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:49 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:51 am but given the circumstances there really were no right answers there.
Yeah, Petrino was a walking clusterfail.
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

So Payton was using Allen to keep his seat warm? What a guy.

https://nfltraderumors.co/report-2023-s ... pt-secret/
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Redrum wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:28 pm So Payton was using Allen to keep his seat warm? What a guy.

I don’t believe that for a second.

Chargers/Dallas with Vikes/Raiders as long shots
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Rocker wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:39 pm
Redrum wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:28 pm So Payton was using Allen to keep his seat warm? What a guy.

I don’t believe that for a second.

Chargers/Dallas with Vikes/Raiders as long shots
You think his 4 best options are teams that won't be firing their HCs? 3 of which are already in the playoffs and 1 with a 12-3 record? :lol: :lol: :lol:
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Payton and Brady to Indianapolis.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Remind me, how long did Saban stay before jumping out of the nfl ship and going to AL?
Push the damned button already!
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Remind me, how long did Saban stay before jumping out of the nfl ship and going to AL?
Push the damned button already!
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

IronDog wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:48 pm

2 seasons ('05 and 06). Shula was fired and Saban struck
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

GreatTimes wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:55 am Payton and Brady to Indianapolis.
Goodness
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Doctor wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:43 am
Goodness
And Gronk.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Doctor wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:43 am
Goodness
With the line I saw against the Chargers the other night, Brady would die and Payton's HOF induction would be shoved back a few years, at least. Besides, after having 6 (or 7? Not sure) different opening day QBs the last 6 (or 7?) seasons, I feel like Irsay probably wants to stop dating and get married, to give a nod to Jon Gruden.
Let's roll another joint
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

I'll consider marking Bowles safe if he musters enough to win against the Panthers

The fight for .500 is real
MJW

Post by MJW »

MJW's Current Coach Situations, Using The Movie "Heat."

"I do what I do best, I take scores."
(They're employed as long as they wanna be)
Pete Carroll, Seattle - The fact he's put together a HOF career is something nobody would have predicted when he got the job.
Bill Belichick, New England - Post-Brady, Mac Jones era has been disappointing. Don't wanna hear any Pats fans complaining though.
Sean McDermott, Buffalo - Too early to be on THIS list? Ask a Bills fan.
Mike Tomlin, Pittsburgh - He's between this list and the next one, but it takes a lot to get fired in Pittsburgh and he's nowhere close at all.
Andy Reid, Kansas City - Andy Reid is one of the top ten coaches in NFL history. Full stop.

"I'll roll with you Neil whatever.
(They're good for now, and probably have another grace year ahead, at least.)
Brian Daboll, Giants - Getting that team into the playoffs is COTY type stuff.
Nick Sirianni, Philly - Yeah, he's good.
Kevin O'Connell, Minny - I think they're more lucky than good, but the record is the record.
Dan Campbell, Detroit - Culture isn't everything, or the only thing, but it's a huge part of the equation. Cough.
Matt Eberflus, Chicago - I don't think there's any chance he gets one and done'd.
Mike Shanahan Jr, San Fran - He's probably going to have to suck for 3 or 4 straight years before a move is even discussed.
Sean McVay, Rams - When you're still figuring out where to put your Lombardi, you get some grace.
Mike McDaniel, Miami - If they don't make the playoffs, that's a letdown. But they're on the upswing in general.
Robert Saleh, Jets - The fact they were in the playoff hunt until Christmas is astounding TBH. With no quarterback.
John Harbaugh, Baltimore - The seat might warm up again in another year, but for now he's fine.
Zac Taylor, Cinci - GBR. He easily could have been fired before last year. Now he appears to be coaching a perennial contender.
Doug Pederson, Jacksonville - Fun Fact: I bet $100 on them to win the division at +700, so they'll absolutely lose to the Titans.

"30 secs flat from now we are gone on our separate ways, that's it..."
(I'd bet on another 30 seconds, or season, but it's a weird league)
Mike McCarthy, Dallas - A playoff meltdown or a Sean Payton application and that could be that.
Ron Rivera, Washington - Probably safe, but who the hell knows with that franchise right now?
Matt LaFleur, Green Bay - He probably gets another year, but what will that year bring?
Todd Bowles, Tampa - He'll either move up a group or down a group depending on what happens over the next three (two?) weeks.
Dennis Allen, New Orleans - Modest expectations and no QB might buy him another year.
Steve Wilks, Carolina - Playoffs, they have to keep him. Short of that they probably conduct a real search.
Arthur Smith, Atlanta - Tough situation to peg. They'd better show real improvement next year.
Kevin Stefanski, Cleveland - They've underachieved since his first year, but I'd be shocked if he doesn't get a full year with Watson.
Josh McDaniels, Las Vegas - The definition of "probably safe but maybe not." I think he'll get a shot with his own QB.
Brandon Staley, Chargers - They're literally in the playoffs in a loaded AFC. The only way he loses his job is if a certain other coach wants it.
Mike Vrabel, Tennessee - It appears very much like they peaked and are now on the wrong side of that hill.

"What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone....Cause there is a dead man on the other end of this fuckin' line."
(Enough Said)
Kliff Kingsbury, Arizona - At least he just signed 5 year extension that hasn't kicked in yet.
Jeff Saturday, Indianapolis - It turns out hiring your rando friends to coach your NFL franchise doesn't always work out.
I Have No Idea, Denver - Not if you gave me 10 guesses. Wait, I'll look. Jerry Rosburg. To go in another direction and quote Scruffy from Futurama, "I've never seen him so upset. Or ever before."
Lovie Smith, Houston - There's a very small chance he survives, only because the team fired a likeable elderly black coach 11 months ago. More likely, they fire him and find someone who they like to work with Bryce Young.
Let's roll another joint
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

In Jeff Saturday's defense that team was a complete dumpster fire before he took over. He clearly has no idea what he's doing but not many coaches are going to make that squad look good especially sans Taylor
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

@MJW .. Your summary is SO spot on .. ill be leaving you the keys to next year's Hot Seat post..

Well done !!
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Crocaneers wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:54 pm @MJW .. Your summary is SO spot on .. ill be leaving you the keys to next year's Hot Seat post..

Well done !!
When are you leaving, Croc?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I really don't think Jim Harbaugh will leave Michigan but he will be a perfect fit for Colts
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Phantom wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:03 pm I really don't think Jim Harbaugh will leave Michigan but he will be a perfect fit for Colts
Harbaugh has already announced he's staying at Michigan and not looking for employment elsewhere.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Phantom wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:03 pm I really don't think Jim Harbaugh will leave Michigan but he will be a perfect fit for Colts
What do you like about the fit? Curious.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

The Outsider wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:59 am In Jeff Saturday's defense that team was a complete dumpster fire before he took over. He clearly has no idea what he's doing but not many coaches are going to make that squad look good especially sans Taylor
Jim Irsay knew exactly what he was doing when he hired Saturday to be the interim HC. He didn't want to promote from within only to have the Colts go on a winning streak. If that happened players and fans would have wanted that interim HC to be selected as next year's HC. Jim Irsay wanted a free hand in selecting the next HC, and he is not shy about spending money. A good HC and QB, and the colts will be in playoff competition next season. Payton, Brady and Gronk to Indy.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

GreatTimes wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:19 pm
The Outsider wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:59 am In Jeff Saturday's defense that team was a complete dumpster fire before he took over. He clearly has no idea what he's doing but not many coaches are going to make that squad look good especially sans Taylor
Jim Irsay knew exactly what he was doing when he hired Saturday to be the interim HC. He didn't want to promote from within only to have the Colts go on a winning streak. If that happened players and fans would have wanted that interim HC to be selected as next year's HC. Jim Irsay wanted a free hand in selecting the next HC, and he is not shy about spending money. A good HC and QB, and the colts will be in playoff competition next season. Payton, Brady and Gronk to Indy.
LOL.Can I please have some of what you're smoking .. Sean Payton and Tom Brady to Colts? :D
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Phantom wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:22 pm
GreatTimes wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:19 pm

LOL.Can I please have some of what you're smoking .. Sean Payton and Tom Brady to Colts? :D
He got into Irsay's vicodin stash.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I will happily revisit this if I'm wrong.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:10 pm
Harbaugh has already announced he's staying at Michigan and not looking for employment elsewhere.
Because head coaches saying that and leaving immediately never happens.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:03 pm
King Bootz wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:10 pm

Because head coaches saying that and leaving immediately never happens.
So you're saying Harbaugh is going to take an NFL job?
Snake

Post by Snake »

I think it would take something pretty unlikely. If Michigan somehow met Ohio State in the national championship and beat them again…I just don’t even bother going back. That’s the highest mountain ever ever ever at Michigan. I’m jumping to the NFL again. But I’m not Jim!
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

“That time of the year type of speculation, but I think no man knows the future,” Harbaugh said, via Tom VanHaaren of ESPN.com. “But I think that people that think we’ve done a good job and are pleased with the job that we’ve done here at Michigan, they’re going to be very happy to learn that we will be back enthusiastically coaching the Wolverines in 2023. And for those people that don’t approve of the job we’ve done or would rather see somebody else coaching here, I think they’ll be most likely disappointed to learn we’ll be back coaching the Wolverines and in 2023.”
If someone wants to go full contrarian and say Harbaugh is wrong about......Harbaugh, by all means. But there's nothing vague here.