NCAA football 2022

This section is for discussing possible future Buccaneers, as well as college football.
Cheb

Re: NCAA football 2022

Post by Cheb »

Snake wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:56 pm @Cheb

Anonymous coaching chatter about UM:

"This was a changed program in 2021, and the results reflect that. Even before they beat OSU or won the conference, I think the coaches in the league knew it could happen. You saw a different energy here; they had more speed than in recent years, and they were still just as physical. They were violent on film. It was Michigan football. They had two good backs that got downhill, one is coming back this year, and I expect more of the same on offense. They have good tight ends, and they're still young overall on offense. The big pieces are in place on this side of the ball. We're curious how they're managing the two quarterbacks and if J.J. [McCarthy] gets more time. They both have upsides, but that's always a tricky thing to manage correctly."

"Defensively, you can't just replace those edge guys. Those are NFL players, and Michigan is great, but that's not a plug-and-play situation for anybody. So the defense will have a different identity. The measure of this program is how they replace league-caliber guys who leave. How deep can you stock your roster to where you're sending these guys off and still competing close to that level?"

"[DC Jesse] Minter will transition right in; I don't think you're going to see any kind of departure in terms of scheme."

"What you're looking for this year is how fast they resupply. Was '21 the exception or the new rule?"
All fair points.

I think that the expectation for Michigan for me at least isn't much higher than its historical average. Win the games you should, avoid the random annual Big Ten landmine by losing to a crappy team, and play Ohio State close (winning obviously being preferable). I think last year was exceptional and I don't expect or require that we win the Big Ten again this year, and that's okay.

Keep stacking wins, stacking recruiting classes, and try to move into the Elite tier of college programs over the next few years. For that we need consistency.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Snake wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:02 pm Big companies are realizing NIL deals are pretty dumb if you’re looking for any real ROI. It’s a nice shot of publicity on the front end announcement, but a good chunk of guys are gonna bust!

The rest are boosters flexing their nuts by buying players through Slush Fund LLC. Some might care about players busting and throwing their money down the drain, but that’ll just fall on the coaching staff.
Yeah... what do you want to bet that car dealer is an official LSU booster? Payoffs above the table, at long last!

;)
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Great news for Big Ten fans
The Big Ten Conference announced today that it has reached distribution agreements with CBS, FOX, NBC and NBCUniversal's Peacock. The breadth of new partners, in addition to Big Ten Network (BTN) and FS1, will place conference football, women’s and men’s basketball and Olympic sports student-athletes on the biggest stage and provide fans with the most exciting matchups across traditional over-the-air linear television and direct-to-consumer streaming. These landmark media rights agreements are the most comprehensive in all of college sports and further strengthen the tradition of the Big Ten Conference.

Big Ten Conference football will dominate Saturdays, beginning in the fall of 2023 on the largest broadcast platforms from morning to night, with FOX at Noon ET, CBS at 3:30 p.m. ET and NBC in Prime Time. With the addition of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and the University of Southern California (USC) in August 2024, the conference, its student-athletes and member institutions will reach the broadest audience in the country, coast-to-coast, including the top three media markets in the country in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago. The media rights agreements will begin July 1, 2023, and run through the 2029-30 season.

“The Big Ten Conference media rights agreements are more than just dollars and deals. They are a mechanism to provide stability and maximum exposure for our student-athletes, member institutions and partners during these uncertain times in collegiate athletics,” Big Ten Conference Commissioner Kevin Warren said. “We are very grateful to our world-class media partners for recognizing the strength of the Big Ten Conference brand and providing the incredible resources we need for our student-athletes to compete at the very highest levels, and to achieve their academic and athletics goals.”

“The Big Ten has been a valued partner for more than three decades and we are thrilled to expand that relationship by adding Big Ten football to our portfolio of marquee properties,” said Sean McManus, Chairman, CBS Sports. “The combination of CBS Sports’ proven record in elevating college conferences to new heights, our standard of excellence and the strength and reach of Paramount Global’s linear and digital platforms, will create a powerful showcase for the Big Ten and its student-athletes. Together with Kevin Warren and the team at the Big Ten, we look forward to growing the conference to the highest of levels, reaching the widest audience.”

“We are proud to expand upon our long-standing partnership with the Big Ten Conference and further bolster our position as the premier rights holder of the conference,” said FOX Sports Chief Executive Officer and Executive Producer, Eric Shanks. “Commissioner Warren’s leadership and vision have resulted in the growth and recent market expansion of the Big Ten Conference. In an ever-evolving landscape, the Big Ten remains the most storied collegiate athletic conference in the country.”

“We are incredibly excited to be partnering with Kevin Warren and the Big Ten Conference on this robust package of sports,” said Pete Bevacqua, Chairman, NBC Sports. “With Big Ten Saturday Night and Sunday Night Football headlining each fall weekend in primetime on NBC and Peacock, along with our historic Notre Dame Football partnership, NBC Sports will be the home of premier games in college football and the NFL. In addition, with the rights to a wide range of Big Ten events, Peacock and NBC Sports will be a year-round destination for the best in college sports.”

“The new rights agreements are an incredible achievement for our entire conference and a true testament of what can be accomplished with teamwork,” stated Commissioner Warren. “I am incredibly grateful for collaborative efforts and hard work of our conference staff, specifically Laura Anderson, Anil Gollahalli, Kerry Kenny and Adam Neuman, our presidents and chancellors, athletics directors, coaches, student-athletes, and our partners at CBS, NBC and FOX Sports for solidifying unprecedented Big Ten access across transformative media companies for our fans to tune-in and follow the Big Ten content they love.”

The Big Ten Conference new media agreements grant the following rights to their partners:

BTN will maintain its strong position as the home for Big Ten fans, as the network will continue to televise a full slate of football, basketball and Olympic sport competition throughout the entire year.

CBS’s initial season in 2023 will include seven football games and both regular season and postseason men’s basketball action, along with the Big Ten Women’s Basketball Tournament final appearing on CBS for the first time. The Big Ten Men’s Basketball Tournament semifinals and final will continue the tradition of airing on CBS, which they have done for 25 years. Every CBS Big Ten football and basketball broadcast will also be streamed on Paramount+, Paramount Global’s direct-to-consumer streaming service.

Starting in 2024, CBS will televise up to 15 regular-season football games per season, including an annual Black Friday game in the afternoon. CBS is America's most-watched network for the past 14 years and the highest-rated college football network.

FOX has renewed its agreement to televise football and men’s basketball games each season, with the opportunity to carry additional sports throughout the year. The Big Ten Conference’s partnership with FOX reached its high point during the 2021-22 year, as FOX captured the #1 time slot in college football for the first time with its Big Noon Saturday platform that featured 10-14 games involving a Big Ten team, and a men’s basketball season that ended with the top three most watched games in the history of FS1 all featuring Big Ten programs.

NBC will produce 14-to-16 games on broadcast television each season as it introduces college football fans to Big Ten Saturday Night. Each Big Ten game on NBC broadcast will also be simul-streamed on Peacock, NBCUniversal's direct-to-consumer streaming service. NBC Sports has established the most dominant primetime franchise in television history, as its Sunday Night Football has been primetime’s No. 1 show for an unprecedented 11 consecutive years – a streak that is currently active.

Peacock, NBCUniversal's direct-to-consumer streaming service will deliver exclusive Big Ten football and basketball games each season, as eight regular-season football games will appear on the platform along with as many as 47 regular-season men’s basketball games (32 conference and 15 non-conference) and 30 regular-season women’s basketball games (20 conference and 10 non-conference).

CBS, FOX and NBC will combine efforts to televise the seven Big Ten Football Championship Games during the term.

CBS: 2024, 2028

FOX: 2023, 2025, 2027, 2029

NBC: 2026
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

So we have B1G football on peacock and Paramount+

Excellent.
SaggyBallZ

Post by SaggyBallZ »

Snake wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:17 am
Good MSU teams almost never lose to Michigan.

UofM vs 10+ win MSU teams

0-9
Vs 9+ win MSU teams

1-15
Vs 8+ win MSU teams

3-21
Vs 7+ win MSU teams

15-25
Even if MSU has 6+ wins, Michigan still has a losing record by a large margin

24-32
They’ve racked up their winning record against sub .500 MSU teams,

47-6
In closing, Michigan is 3-21 against “good” MSU teams, and 47-6 against bad ones.

Lol at scUM. This is pathetic
BJJ34

Re: NCAA football 20

Post by BJJ34 »

_MB_ wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:44 am So we have B1G football on peacock and Paramount+

Excellent.
I cant wait to have to hear central pennsylvania folks complaining about the cock not working
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

SaggyBallZ wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:18 pm
Snake wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:17 am

Lol at scUM. This is pathetic
Over the past twenty years, the Michigan-Michigan State series is tied at a dead even ten wins for each program, a healthy sign of a relatively even rivalry. And in those ten Michigan victories that have occurred over that span, MSU had a winning record exactly half the time; Michigan beat an 8-win team once and had four victories against 7-win teams. The other five victories as previously mentioned were against losing squads, which isn't unexpected.

Michigan State historically wins exactly a third of the games it plays against Michigan; Michigan leads the all-time series 71-38-5. Hardly a claim to dominance by MSU. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Let's look at recent history; MSU's last four victories over Michigan were won by an average of less than four points -- and three of those four MSU squads had ten or more wins, mind you. So it's not like MSU is trouncing Michigan in their wins. It seems to me that they are barely eeking out slim margins over Michigan, despite having teams that otherwise play pretty well.

But I guess if some butthurt Spartan needs to cry foul about how the Wolverines repeatedly pounded the crap out of their shitty team from their even worse institution decades ago in order to sleep at night, I won't deprive them of that comfort.

Sleep tight, lil Sparty.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I'n not surprised... enjoy it while it last Mr. Ewers... Arch Manning will take your starting job next year
[*]The Texas Longhorns have named Quinn Ewers, the heralded recruit who began his college career early at Ohio State to capitalize on name, image and likeness opportunities before transferring back to his home state, as their starting quarterback.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Sky high expectations on Ewers. Make good ASAP or find your third team.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

My prediction for upcoming college football season..

SEC: Alabama or Texas A&M vs Georgia,,, Tennessee close by..(yes I said Tennessee)

Big Ten: Ohio State or Michigan vs Purdue

ACC: Last year it was Wake Forest vs Pittsburgh.. so it’ll be another surprise team.

North Carolina State vs Clemson
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

College Football is back!!!
Snake

Post by Snake »

Game day bitches
Snake

Post by Snake »

Nebraska has a QB? Uh oh

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Heard lot of sportscaster predicts Scott Frost won’t make it through the season

15-29:last 5 years
Snake

Post by Snake »

Just win. Having a good QB who is stepping up into the pocket, making good decisions, will go a long way in winning. Big departure from previous years.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Every other player they mention is described as a transfer from XYZ school. Sigh.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I always root for Northwestern...

Never forget the 1996 Rose Bowl.season
Kress

Post by Kress »

I think I just saw Northwestern throw a forward pass.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Corn missing tackles and zero pressure on QB. Not good.

Got screwed on a fumble call tho.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Reports are that the stadium internet is down so all beer is currently free.

In Ireland.

The beer is free.

In Ireland.

Get ready for a hell of a second half!
Snake

Post by Snake »

This game is crazy lmao
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

This is great!!!!

Next week games

FSU vs LSU

Ohio State vs Notre Dame

Utah vs Florida
Last edited by Phantom on Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snake

Post by Snake »

OSU better beat ND by 20.
Kress

Post by Kress »

@MJW I'm so sorry. Nebraska. Thanks for coming. Parting gifts are by the door, see you next year.
Last edited by Kress on Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Nebraska is snake bitten. The last interception looked like point-shaving from that tight end. It was that bad.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Snake wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:14 pm Nebraska is snake bitten. The last interception looked like point-shaving from that tight end. It was that bad.
Nebraska is terrible team. Northwestern is on the rise again
Snake

Post by Snake »

Casey Thompson’s face after the last pick. “Why oh why did I transfer here?”

He’s pretty legit, I believe. Everything else, bad. NE’s front 7 is terrible.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I’ve never heard of Duquesne? Cupcake schedule by FSU
Nano

Post by Nano »

That Nebraska game was just a mix of awful playcalls(ffs, why an onside kick when you're up by 11?), and typical Nebraska 3-9 magic.

At this point, Frost is done. And for good reason.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Nebraska looked very Nebraska in that game.

MJW in shambles.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Both teams just looked unathletic, as well. Nebraska beat them by like 50 points last season. They got no pressure today. Consistent pressure, anyway. The turnovers. Weak at the line of scrimmage.

The onside kick thing was even bad. It wasn’t one of those “if it works you’re a genius!” moves. would’ve been calling him dumb anyway, because how the game was going.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Currently watching Bucs game but Just looked at the score, FSU is winning by the score of 40-7 against cupcake team

Next week they play LSU.. ouch
Backside

Post by Backside »

Maybe the 2021 thread gets untagged and this one can take its place. I don’t imagine it’s a difficult thing to do.
Snake

Post by Snake »

@Rocker
^
Kress

Post by Kress »

Phantom wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:57 pm Currently watching Bucs game but Just looked at the score, FSU is winning by the score of 40-7 against cupcake team

Next week they play LSU.. ouch
I like FSU this year, but that's tough sledding because "neutral site" my ass. It's an LSU home game, but I still think FSU pulls it off. I hate myself for saying it, but Go Noles!