NCAA football 2022

This section is for discussing possible future Buccaneers, as well as college football.
Phantom

Re: NCAA football 2022

Post by Phantom »

I think B1G and SEC are waiting on Norte Dane to join then they raid ACC, PAC 12- and Big 13

SEC

North Carolina
North Carolina State
Clemson
Virginia
Virginia Tech
FSU
Miami
Oklahoma State

B1G

Notre Dame
Oregon
Washington
Stanford
Duke
Kansas
Arizona
Arizona State

Playoff then B1G vs SEC National championship game
Snake

Post by Snake »

Notre Dame has to affiliate. This is like prison now. There’s no “gonna do it my way” loner guys anymore.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Phantom wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:10 pm I think B1G and SEC are waiting on Norte Dane to join then they raid ACC, PAC 12- and Big 13

SEC

North Carolina
North Carolina State
Clemson
Virginia
Virginia Tech
FSU
Miami
Oklahoma State

B1G

Notre Dame
Oregon
Washington
Stanford
Duke
Kansas
Arizona
Arizona State

Playoff then B1G vs SEC National championship game
Not that I disagree with your general premise, but ain't no way in tobacco picking hell Duke/UNC are in different conferences.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

One of these things is not like the other
Kress

Post by Kress »

SaggyBallZ wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:48 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:15 pm It seems most Clemson fans here would rather go to the B1G.
No thanks. We'll stick to good schools

RayJay south parking lot. 2:24 a.m. Don't show and you are the puss we already knew you were. Show and your arm is my mantle piece.

Your move.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

“SMU has had conversations with leaders in the Big 12, the ACC and the Pac-12 recently, sources with knowledge of the situation told The Dallas Morning News
Kress

Post by Kress »

Current 2023 recruiting rankings for the top dozen:

1. Notre Dame
2. Ohio State
3. Penn State
4. Clemson
5. Texas
6. Tennessee
7. LSU
8. Miami
9. Georgia
10. Arkansas
11. Oklahoma
12. Alabama
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Damn you Notre Dame, look like they want to stay independent.. possibly annual 75 m by NBC

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... m=news_tab
Kress

Post by Kress »

Phantom wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:30 pm Damn you Notre Dame, look like they want to stay independent.. possibly annual 75 m by NBC

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... m=news_tab

Persistent little buggers, aren't they?
SaggyBallZ

Post by SaggyBallZ »

Looks like Bootzie has a hard on for Phantom
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I'm not sure I agree with CBS preseason ranking... It's early but whatever

Preseason CBS Sports
1 Alabama
2 Ohio State
3 Georgia
4 Utah
5 Clemson
6 Notre Dame
7 Oklahoma
8 Michigan
9 Texas A&M
10 Baylor
11 NC State
12 USC
13 Oklahoma State
14 Oregon
15 Wisconsin
16 Arkansas
17 Cincinnati
18 Penn State
19 Miami (FL)
20 Michigan State
21 Wake Forest
22 Houston 1
23 Kentucky
24 Tennessee
25 Pittsburgh

Clemson at 5? USC at 12?

Im not sure Clemson solve the QB problem. I've seen some Clemson fans from forums/message boards are not happy with DJ performance.

USC ranked too high? Which USC? University of Southern California or University of South Carolina?

EDIT: That team down south ranked 2? yikes
Last edited by Phantom on Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Utah number 4? Wow!

Pretty legit program up there.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Phantom wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:01 pm

Im not sure Clemson solve the QB problem. I've seen some Clemson fans from forums/message boards are not happy with DJ performance.
I was so wrong about DJ. But Google Cade Klubnik. That's your week one starter.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Trouble in OU .. Cale Gundy (Mike's brother)

"racially charged words" read outloud.

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Apple is in talks to secure a deal for a Big Ten college football and basketball streaming package, according to The Athletic. Both Apple and Amazon are said to be vying for the streaming rights, with Apple joining the negotiations following news that USC and UCLA will join the league in 2024.

big ten
Big Ten media rights are expected to go to CBS and NBC in addition to Fox for live games, but the streaming package could potentially go to Apple or Amazon. At the current time, there's no word on how a streaming package will be structured, but it could be similar to Friday night MLB games or the NFL's weekly Amazon Prime package.

Apple has been investing heavily in live sports in recent months to increase the appeal of Apple TV+. Apple has launched Friday Night Baseball in partnership with the MLB, and in 2023, it will be the exclusive home of Major League Soccer.

Rumors indicate that Apple is also pursuing the National Football League's Sunday Ticket package, and in the past, it has discussed a content deal with Pac-12.

What do you think? @SaggyBallZ
SaggyBallZ

Post by SaggyBallZ »

Phantom wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:16 pm
Apple is in talks to secure a deal for a Big Ten college football and basketball streaming package, according to The Athletic. Both Apple and Amazon are said to be vying for the streaming rights, with Apple joining the negotiations following news that USC and UCLA will join the league in 2024.

big ten
Big Ten media rights are expected to go to CBS and NBC in addition to Fox for live games, but the streaming package could potentially go to Apple or Amazon. At the current time, there's no word on how a streaming package will be structured, but it could be similar to Friday night MLB games or the NFL's weekly Amazon Prime package.

Apple has been investing heavily in live sports in recent months to increase the appeal of Apple TV+. Apple has launched Friday Night Baseball in partnership with the MLB, and in 2023, it will be the exclusive home of Major League Soccer.

Rumors indicate that Apple is also pursuing the National Football League's Sunday Ticket package, and in the past, it has discussed a content deal with Pac-12.

What do you think? @SaggyBallZ

I hope Amazon gets it. I dont have Apple TV
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

While I am on for a little while, I note that Coach Kelly's recruiting class at Notre Dame was great and even with prospects leaving LSU in droves over the last coach's firing, I think LSU will do better than out-of-the-top-25. Give the coach another year to recruit his own players at LSU the way he had at Notre Dame, and LSU may be up there in contention for the national championship again.

I love this time of year, when dreams get to win over the depression of a Saturday afternoon gone wrong. We may not have Joe Burrow running our team but I trust this coach a lot more than I ever did Coach O.

Geaux Tigers!
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Sweet alternate uniform look

Snake

Post by Snake »

Very slick. I love it.

All style, no substance. Just like the field product.
Kress

Post by Kress »

What's the point? Do they glow in the dark or something?
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

I like em.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Notre Dame Fighting Irish starting receiver Avery Davis has a torn ACL in his right knee and is out for the season, the school announced Saturday.
Any Notre Dame fans in here? NavyBucs?

Itll be down year for the Irish, New coach, new QB
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

B1G 🏈 in preseason AP poll:

2. Ohio State; 8. Michigan; 15. Michigan State; 18. Wisconsin

Full poll: https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-football-poll
Snake

Post by Snake »

At some point in the last 18 months I went from being amazed at Saban/Bama’s run to just like “this is reality, ho hum.”

Not an insult. Just a realization they’ve been the best for a long ass time.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

I see LSU's often-injured 6th-year quarterback is leaving football so that Coach Kelly's hand-picked transfer portal, three-year-starter-elsewhere can be LSU's starter instead. The redshirt behind him is supposedly okay too.

It's a hard aspect to the business, when a transfer player beats you out after five years in the program. You can't blame LSU, though, he had his chances and couldn't lead LSU to the promised land like transfer player Joe Burrow did in 2019.

I feel better about LSU's chances to compete in if not win the SEC this year.

We'll see.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Xandtar wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:05 am I see LSU's often-injured 6th-year quarterback is leaving football so that Coach Kelly's hand-picked transfer portal, three-year-starter-elsewhere can be LSU's starter instead. The redshirt behind him is supposedly okay too.

It's a hard aspect to the business, when a transfer player beats you out after five years in the program. You can't blame LSU, though, he had his chances and couldn't lead LSU to the promised land like transfer player Joe Burrow did in 2019.

I feel better about LSU's chances to compete in if not win the SEC this year.

We'll see.
Check this out.

Snake

Post by Snake »

Big companies are realizing NIL deals are pretty dumb if you’re looking for any real ROI. It’s a nice shot of publicity on the front end announcement, but a good chunk of guys are gonna bust!

The rest are boosters flexing their nuts by buying players through Slush Fund LLC. Some might care about players busting and throwing their money down the drain, but that’ll just fall on the coaching staff.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Snake wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:02 pm Big companies are realizing NIL deals are pretty dumb if you’re looking for any real ROI. It’s a nice shot of publicity on the front end announcement, but a good chunk of guys are gonna bust!

The rest are boosters flexing their nuts by buying players through Slush Fund LLC. Some might care about players busting and throwing their money down the drain, but that’ll just fall on the coaching staff.
It's like buying penny stocks.
Snake

Post by Snake »

https://www.si.com/college/2022/08/16/n ... -preseason

Am I the only one not buying Notre Dame being ranked this high?

I guess we’ll find out week 1, how legit they really are.
Snake

Post by Snake »

@MJW

Scott Frost chose a great year to be in a do-or-die situation.

Gimmie 3 wins to start the season.
home vs Oklahoma
home vs Indiana
@ Rutgers
@ Purdue
Home vs Illinois
Home vs Minny.
Then three games against juggernauts: Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa.

I’m demanding 8 wins minimum. And if they can steal one from one of Oklahoma, Michigan, Iowa, or Wisconsin. That’s 9. Anything less and he should be fired.

Frost is 15-29 overall. 10-25 in B1G play. I’ve made all the excuses for him. Inheriting a soft program. Adrian Martinez. The list goes on. But the fact is, he had years to get an improvement at QB. Didn’t. He took way too long to identify the bad eggs in-house. The issue with having undisciplined teams is now undeniably a him problem.

It’s do-or-die.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Also, some B1G anonymous coach quotes about Corn:

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... s-for-2022

“In their division, Nebraska still has the best-looking roster. We call it the all-bus team because they look better than anyone else in the West in pregame. Long, tall dudes, really athletic, and then after a quarter or so, you stop worrying because they're usually hurting themselves. They struggle with turnovers, they struggle with technique. I think it's a culture issue."

"Defensively they improved, but they lost some of their better guys to eligibility and they filled it with transfers."

"We ask ourselves a lot what's going on there because they're pulling in good talent and have the resources, and the administration seems to have faith in this staff."

"With the new OC and the do-or-die mentality, they have to manage the summer really well and find the right QB. My guess is that Mark Whipple's going to take over the room. He's a headstrong guy."

"The biggest thing they need to do is get the OL to a point where they can run the ball long enough to let the defense breathe. That defense isn't the problem; they were solid as hell at times. The offense just needed to stay on the field and not burn quick possessions, not go tempo and get desperate because you're playing from behind."

"Obviously, this is a big year for them. They're talented enough, but is there some kind of mental block here? If they can't come out and win and show some signs that they can build around what they're doing, this is probably it."
Snake

Post by Snake »

@Cheb

Anonymous coaching chatter about UM:

"This was a changed program in 2021, and the results reflect that. Even before they beat OSU or won the conference, I think the coaches in the league knew it could happen. You saw a different energy here; they had more speed than in recent years, and they were still just as physical. They were violent on film. It was Michigan football. They had two good backs that got downhill, one is coming back this year, and I expect more of the same on offense. They have good tight ends, and they're still young overall on offense. The big pieces are in place on this side of the ball. We're curious how they're managing the two quarterbacks and if J.J. [McCarthy] gets more time. They both have upsides, but that's always a tricky thing to manage correctly."

"Defensively, you can't just replace those edge guys. Those are NFL players, and Michigan is great, but that's not a plug-and-play situation for anybody. So the defense will have a different identity. The measure of this program is how they replace league-caliber guys who leave. How deep can you stock your roster to where you're sending these guys off and still competing close to that level?"

"[DC Jesse] Minter will transition right in; I don't think you're going to see any kind of departure in terms of scheme."

"What you're looking for this year is how fast they resupply. Was '21 the exception or the new rule?"
Snake

Post by Snake »

@SaggyBallZ

Anonymous coaches chatter about Ohio State

"Most coaches in the country would do anything to have a season that's considered a bad year for Ohio State. Their bad year is a great year for anyone else. When we broke down their roster last season, it was like editing your NCAA video game on dynasty mode and you put everyone at 99. Essentially they could do whatever they wanted to on offense for most of the season. Throw [Garrett] Wilson a bubble screen, he'd go 80 yards. First-round receivers, first-round QB, first-round back, hell, the tight end was an unsung hero who couldn't shine because he couldn't get touches, but he's one of the best in the country. This was one of the best college offenses possible, and even losing NFL receivers, they're still deep at that position. It's insane."

"The sole issue that kept them out of the playoff has been fixed. It's all about how fast [DC Jim] Knowles gets them fit for what he wants. If you're looking for a criticism here, they're short superstars on this side lately. They're solid in every phase on defense, but for instance, their linebackers were… fine? The reality is that no one, not even this team, is built to always win by outscoring the other team, and it finally bit them. You're gonna find out right away with Notre Dame, and that will set the tone for how fast you can expect them to be back as a national title contender. Even if they lose that opener, they can still run through this conference. They're that good."
Snake

Post by Snake »

Good MSU teams almost never lose to Michigan.

UofM vs 10+ win MSU teams

0-9
Vs 9+ win MSU teams

1-15
Vs 8+ win MSU teams

3-21
Vs 7+ win MSU teams

15-25
Even if MSU has 6+ wins, Michigan still has a losing record by a large margin

24-32
They’ve racked up their winning record against sub .500 MSU teams,

47-6
In closing, Michigan is 3-21 against “good” MSU teams, and 47-6 against bad ones.