Raymond James Stadium question

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
King Bootz

Raymond James Stadium question

Post by King Bootz »

Didn't know where to put this and I'm sure one of the Mods will move it to where they want to but for those of you who have been to Ray Jay and sat in the club seats, which club is the better club? East or West?
_MB_

Re: Raymond James Stadium question

Post by _MB_ »

I was gonna say that the most coveted seats at Ray Jay have got to be the ones with the most shade.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:26 pm Didn't know where to put this and I'm sure one of the Mods will move it to where they want to but for those of you who have been to Ray Jay and sat in the club seats, which club is the better club? East or West?
East West, by far.

It's behind the Bucs side/bench so less opponents fans compared to the West East club
More shade for afternoon games
Better amenities than the West East club
Further from the Pirate Ship so that damn cannon doesn't startle you

West club is typically more expensive though from what I remember.

Depending on where how you want to view the game (which is less of a concern with the huge screens) the best value and most comfortable place to watch the game that is protected from the elements (rain/sun) is 217/218 just next to the West club. It's the first section to get shade, you're covered from the rain by the 3rd deck above you, and if you're around row T or higher you get some A/C from the suites behind you. Plus it's the tunnel the Bucs come in and out of for pre-game intros, halftime, etc.

Only knock is it's in the corner, which isn't ideal when watch plays unfold.

For night games I like to find seats in the first few rows of the 3rd deck between the 40's. It's just too damn hot up there for a 1pm game before December.

edited due to being inverted :P
Last edited by Dread on Fri May 13, 2022 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kona

Post by Kona »

Pretty sure the west side of the stadium is the home/shaded side. Here’s a map

You definitely want sections 201-220 for the shade.

I used to be in 147 next to the pirate ship and we would just bake in the seats. Couldn’t take it anymore, so switched across to stadium to 122 and now we have the sun to our backs and shade starting in the 3rd quarter of the 1pm games.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Yea I think Kona is right. West Club would be behind the Bucs bench.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:03 pm Yea I think Kona is right. West Club would be behind the Bucs bench.
Damn you Pedro!!

It's the west, but for all the same reasons I named. Pete just confused me.

You want to be on the West side so the sun sets behind you.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Dread wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:30 pm Further from the Pirate Ship so that damn cannon doesn't startle you
Pussy
Dread

Post by Dread »

Kress wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:21 pm
Dread wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:30 pm Further from the Pirate Ship so that damn cannon doesn't startle you
Pussy
Fair.. I've sat right below that that thing in the lower bowl there and if you're not anticipating it, like on a 2yd run on 2nd & 10 from the 21yd line that gets us inside the red zone, it can catch you off guard.

I get the blasts for scoring points. But a single blast for crossing the 20yd line is a bit much imo.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Dread wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:09 pm

Pussy
Fair.. I've sat right below that that thing in the lower bowl there and if you're not anticipating it, like on a 2yd run on 2nd & 10 from the 21yd line that gets us inside the red zone, it can catch you off guard.

I get the blasts for scoring points. But a single blast for crossing the 20yd line is a bit much imo.
Kinda what warning shots are for.
Kona

Post by Kona »

Dread wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:09 pm

Pussy

I get that. I also loved seeing opposing fans react to it without warning lol
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Never seen a game there from any other seats than that end zone, lol

Love those cannons
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Selmon Rules wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:43 pm Never seen a game there from any other seats than that end zone, lol

Love those cannons

Fire dem cannons!
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Selmon Rules wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:43 pm Never seen a game there from any other seats than that end zone, lol

Love those cannons
Likewise for the most part. Few times in the 300s also. But I figure club seats are the next step up.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Worst sporting event experience I ever had was our home opener against the Saints in 2007. I was front row, Section 137, so on the East side, right behind the visitor's bench. It was probably 400K in that fucking stadium, I was dying. Got a beer and I swear I could feel it boiling in my stomach. Ended up using my shirt as a water soaked turban. It was terrible.

However, this play happened (last play in the video):

And I got to heckle the shit out of Reggie Bush, he even flipped me off. Quite the accomplishment for 19 year old me. So all in all it was still a good game, though I've never gone to an early season home game that isn't a night game since.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Absolutely hate the lower deck seats if they are in the first 5ish rows. Can’t see shit!
Kona

Post by Kona »

acmillis wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:04 am Absolutely hate the lower deck seats if they are in the first 5ish rows. Can’t see shit!
Agreed. My dad has 2nd row seats in 138 growing up, when they were in that redzone it was great. But anything else you couldn’t see at all. It wasn’t until my teen years I understood why the old man liked the seats so much, the cheerleaders came up right to us all game.
nybf

Post by nybf »

The Outsider wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:22 am Worst sporting event experience I ever had was our home opener against the Saints in 2007. I was front row, Section 137, so on the East side, right behind the visitor's bench. It was probably 400K in that fucking stadium, I was dying. Got a beer and I swear I could feel it boiling in my stomach. Ended up using my shirt as a water soaked turban. It was terrible.

However, this play happened (last play in the video):

And I got to heckle the shit out of Reggie Bush, he even flipped me off. Quite the accomplishment for 19 year old me. So all in all it was still a good game, though I've never gone to an early season home game that isn't a night game since.
Did you use Kelvin?
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Yes.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

The Outsider wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:21 pmYes.
The heat is real. That's why I haven't been back to a day game before November in over a decade. Too old for that shit anymore.