In the first round of the 2023 NFL draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select...

This section is for discussing possible future Buccaneers, as well as college football.
mdb1958

Re: In the first round of the 2023 NFL draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select...

Post by mdb1958 »

Would anyone want Shaq Barrett in a trade
MJW

Re: In the first round of the 2023 NFL draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select...

Post by MJW »

mdb1958 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:11 pm Would anyone want Shaq Barrett in a trade
No. His cap hit this year is $21 million, which would be near the top of the market for a pass rusher in free agency in his prime. The fact he's 31 and coming off of a major injury...no. Then you throw in the $24 mil cap hit next year, with $16 million in dead cap if they cut him. And, of course, the compensation they'd have to send us...

I should make a proviso - if he's willing to "restructure," aka, take a major paycut, maybe. But that seems unlikely.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

You know who could really use Shaq

Tampa
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Doctor wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:44 am You know who could really use Shaq

Tampa

I'd like to see 10 a season from our back up edge.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Some players I've checked out and kinda like after the first round:

Jaren Hall, QB, BYU. Kind of a budget Bryce Young. I like his game, and he has a good skill set for where the league is heading. I'd put a 3rd round grade on him.

Sean Tucker, RB, Syracuse. Not huge (5'10 205) but if he gets a crease, he's still running. When he runs a 4.33, expect him to sneak into the 2nd round.

Trey Palmer, WR. Nebraska. GBR. Reminds me of Devonta Smith. Explosive playmaker and hands catcher. On the scrawny side. Probably a 4th Rounder due to the glut of quality receivers in this class.

Mason Fairchild, TE, Kansas. Probably a late Day Three or UDFA, but I love the blocking game and the red zone size.

Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee. Probably a Day Two guy. 335 with the feet of a 305 guy. Could play either side.

Ricky Stromberg, IOL, Arkansas. He'll go in the 2nd/3rd and start at either G or C for a decade.

Keeanu Benton, IDL, Wisconsin. Big, strong kid. Be a good fit as a two-gap rotational player. 4th/5th Round.

Derek Parish, EDGE, Houston. He'll be a plus edge rusher in the league. The speed and explosiveness are there. Not a big name now, but impressive workouts will get him into the 2nd Round.

Mike Jones Jr, ILB, LSU. I see a very well rounded, instinctive inside linebacker. 5th Round. Fun Fact: you know that famous highlight of Kevin Dyson getting tackled at the one foot line to win the Superbowl for the Rams? Jones's dad is making that tackle.

DJ Turner, CB, Michigan. A freak athlete with good size. Much better in man than zone right now. System-specific at the moment so probably 3rd Round.

Ronnie Hickman, S, Ohio State. All the tools are there. He just needs the fundamentals tweaked. 3rd Round.
Let's roll another joint
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

MJW wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:36 am Some players I've checked out and kinda like after the first round:

Jaren Hall, QB, BYU. Kind of a budget Bryce Young. I like his game, and he has a good skill set for where the league is heading. I'd put a 3rd round grade on him.

Sean Tucker, RB, Syracuse. Not huge (5'10 205) but if he gets a crease, he's still running. When he runs a 4.33, expect him to sneak into the 2nd round.

Trey Palmer, WR. Nebraska. GBR. Reminds me of Devonta Smith. Explosive playmaker and hands catcher. On the scrawny side. Probably a 4th Rounder due to the glut of quality receivers in this class.

Mason Fairchild, TE, Kansas. Probably a late Day Three or UDFA, but I love the blocking game and the red zone size.

Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee. Probably a Day Two guy. 335 with the feet of a 305 guy. Could play either side.

Ricky Stromberg, IOL, Arkansas. He'll go in the 2nd/3rd and start at either G or C for a decade.

Keeanu Benton, IDL, Wisconsin. Big, strong kid. Be a good fit as a two-gap rotational player. 4th/5th Round.

Derek Parish, EDGE, Houston. He'll be a plus edge rusher in the league. The speed and explosiveness are there. Not a big name now, but impressive workouts will get him into the 2nd Round.

Mike Jones Jr, ILB, LSU. I see a very well rounded, instinctive inside linebacker. 5th Round. Fun Fact: you know that famous highlight of Kevin Dyson getting tackled at the one foot line to win the Superbowl for the Rams? Jones's dad is making that tackle.

DJ Turner, CB, Michigan. A freak athlete with good size. Much better in man than zone right now. System-specific at the moment so probably 3rd Round.

Ronnie Hickman, S, Ohio State. All the tools are there. He just needs the fundamentals tweaked. 3rd Round.
WHO????
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Cheb wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:49 pm The more I look at Broderick Jones, OT from Georgia, the more I think he'd be a hell of a pick at 19.
So I asked my friend who works for the Bulldogs his thoughts on Broderick Jones and this is what he said;

“1st round talent, should be one of top lineman picked. Elite core strength. Quick too. Better pass blocker than run. Did not allow a sack this year in 15 games. 2 year starter, so a little raw but athletic, played basketball too in high school.”
I said what I said

mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Am I reading the reasons of why he won't be there?
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

mdb1958 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:17 am Am I reading the reasons of why he won't be there?
Potentially, but that's why they have a draft.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

I go on

Walterfootball
Footballsfuture
Draftnetwork

For mock drafts and all I can find anywhere is us taking a DB.

In hoping we trade down for a 2024 pick.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Sdbucs wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:08 am I go on

Walterfootball
Footballsfuture
Draftnetwork

We could realistically go many different ways in the first round and it wouldn't surprise me; QB, OT, DE, DT, LB, CB, S. It all depends on our offseason priorities.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Cheb wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:25 am
Sdbucs wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:08 am I go on

Walterfootball
Footballsfuture
Draftnetwork

We could realistically go many different ways in the first round and it wouldn't surprise me; QB, OT, DE, DT, LB, CB, S. It all depends on our offseason priorities.
Targeting one position early in this draft would be an act of incompetence. There are times you can "weight the scales" a bit for a specific position. This should not be one of them.

Of course, we're approaching this offseason like we're still legit contenders, so :|
Let's roll another joint
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Jaxon Smith Njigba?
Snake

Post by Snake »

OSU seems to know what the eff they’re doing with WRs. So I wouldn’t hate it at all.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

I'd rather the LT from UGA falls to us

I'm a fan of really good linemen
MJW

Post by MJW »

Selmon Rules wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:37 pm I'd rather the LT from UGA falls to us

We should be looking at Anton Harrison. He's being listed as a 25-40 guy, but for my money his tape is better than Paris Johnson's. But I'd rather have Skoronski than either of them. His ceiling is an excellent NFL left tackle. His floor is a damn good NFL left guard.
Let's roll another joint
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

MJW wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:43 am
Selmon Rules wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:37 pm I'd rather the LT from UGA falls to us

We should be looking at Anton Harrison. He's being listed as a 25-40 guy, but for my money his tape is better than Paris Johnson's. But I'd rather have Skoronski than either of them. His ceiling is an excellent NFL left tackle. His floor is a damn good NFL left guard.
I understand Skoronski will likely be gone long before we pick but yeah, him too

I was talking about Broderick Jones
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

It's hard to narrow down picks without knowing what the strategy Licht will employ going into the 2023 season.

But in no particular order, I'm happy if we take any of the following realistic options at 19 if they're there.

Bijan Robinson
Broderick Jones
O'cyrus Torrence
Nolan Smith
Christian Gonzales
Zay Flowers

There's probably a couple more, but that's all I can think of for now.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

MJW wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:43 am

Drafting a LT and then subsequently moving on from Donovan Smith is kind of a slam dunk. You have your bookends for years to come whether the QBotF is Trask or other.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Grahamburn wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:03 pm Jaxon Smith Njigba?
I’ve done a couple mocks so far, and he’s always sitting there, tantalizing. Impossible to stack too much WR talent these days, and OSU seems to know what they’re doing in that department. I’m sure the kid will be productive in the league which is enough for me to say I’d be fine with taking him.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

BucsNBills wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:01 pm It's hard to narrow down picks without knowing what the strategy Licht will employ going into the 2023 season.

But in no particular order, I'm happy if we take any of the following realistic options at 19 if they're there.

Bijan Robinson
Broderick Jones
O'cyrus Torrence
Nolan Smith
Christian Gonzales
Zay Flowers

There's probably a couple more, but that's all I can think of for now.

Are you trying to be like Licht or BucsNBills?
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

I think I’d prefer Addison. He just has speed JSN doesn’t.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

real bucs fan wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:32 am
I think I’d prefer Addison. He just has speed JSN doesn’t.
I would think two things would have to come into play for us to draft a #1 WR, we are moving on from Mike Evans or we absolutely fell in love with someone.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Sitting here watching Hendon Hooker film and now I want to trade up for Jalen Hyatt.

Superstar.
MJW

Post by MJW »

_MB_ wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:21 pm Sitting here watching Hendon Hooker film and now I want to trade up for Jalen Hyatt.

Superstar.
This I agree with. Almost every Hendon Hooker highlight is actually a Jalen Hyatt highlight. Dude has some Desean Jackson in him.
Let's roll another joint
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

MJW wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:28 am
_MB_ wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:21 pm Sitting here watching Hendon Hooker film and now I want to trade up for Jalen Hyatt.

Superstar.
This I agree with. Almost every Hendon Hooker highlight is actually a Jalen Hyatt highlight. Dude has some Desean Jackson in him.

Ask MB - in what round.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

mdb1958 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:34 am
MJW wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:28 am

Ask MB - in what round.
Yes, mdb. I later noticed Hyatt's draft grades after making that post.

I'd also like to remind you that we just had the senior bowl, the combine is coming up, and then pro days.

"What round" is about the most irrelevant question you could ask right now.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

_MB_ wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:23 am
mdb1958 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:34 am

Ask MB - in what round.
Yes, mdb. I later noticed Hyatt's draft grades after making that post.

I'd also like to remind you that we just had the senior bowl, the combine is coming up, and then pro days.

"What round" is about the most irrelevant question you could ask right now.

I know that much will change, plus opinions do not have to become facts. In one of my latest sims Hyatt was picked at 50 but it didnt seem real.
MJW

Post by MJW »

What hurts Hyatt is that there have been a lot of guys like this who've busted lately - 3 route speed demons who haven't been able to adjust. Most recently Jalen Reagor. But my guess is either some team will risk it late in the 1st or early in the 2nd.
Let's roll another joint
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

MJW wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:22 pm What hurts Hyatt is that there have been a lot of guys like this who've busted lately - 3 route speed demons who haven't been able to adjust. Most recently Jalen Reagor. But my guess is either some team will risk it late in the 1st or early in the 2nd.
Are we looking for a #1 WR? I think a #3 waiting to step into a #1 or #2 role is what we need. Two of them wouldnt hurt.

Create space and YAC.
Snake

Post by Snake »

MJW wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:22 pm What hurts Hyatt is that there have been a lot of guys like this who've busted lately - 3 route speed demons who haven't been able to adjust. Most recently Jalen Reagor. But my guess is either some team will risk it late in the 1st or early in the 2nd.
Correct. John Ross, Jalen Reagor, come to mind.

I’d be lying if I could tell you the difference between DeSean and those guys. All fast as shit.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

mdb1958 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:55 pm
Are we looking for a #1 WR? I think a #3 waiting to step into a #1 or #2 role is what we need. Two of them wouldnt hurt.

Create space and YAC.
I think drafting a first round receiver would be GM malpractice given the current state of the team.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Cheb wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:34 pm

Create space and YAC.
I think drafting a first round receiver would be GM malpractice given the current state of the team.

I'm waiting for DraftBuzz to update, my #1 pick is already decided by so many others to be gone. Tyree Wilson would have been my choice, if they go offensive line I hope they hit it right. If a player from Grand Valley St out plays Skoronski it would be a huge win win.
I think if you get the interior rush and the edge rush balanced the way you want it, the defensive backfield will benefit greatly.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Create space and YAC.
Why? Mike has one year left, Godwin two. This rookie would literally be here for five years on the cheap. If you think he's a baller, why wouldn't you draft him?
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Doctor wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:08 pm

Why? Mike has one year left, Godwin two. This rookie would literally be here for five years on the cheap. If you think he's a baller, why wouldn't you draft him?
Not to say that we should draft for need, but there are a ton of holes on this team, and spending our greatest offseason resource on something that isn't one of them is foolish.

The only quarterback under contract is Kyle Trask. The only defensive linemen are Vita Vea and Logan Hall. All of our edge rushing depth is about to walk. LVD is a free agent. The only dudes in the ENTIRE secondary under contract are AWJ (who can't keep healthy), Dee Delaney, Carlton Davis, and Zyon McCollum.

Could we draft a receiver in the first round and justify the selection retroactively? Yes. But would that also mean that we chose to bolster the deepest position on the team in favor of adding to a guy who at most would be a situational backup, at least initially? Also yes.

Feel free to applaud if we draft a receiver in the first round. I for one won't be clapping with you.