Todd Bowles Head Coach Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Bootz

Re: Todd Bowles Head Coach Thread

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:54 am If Canales left for an HC job this offseason and Baker was retained, would you consider the growth to be lost?
No because our QB coach could just take over and it be business as usual right?
Most hated man in America.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

How can it possibly even be an argument that the Bucs are not a good team? Ya'll crack me up sometimes.

Repeat after me...

The Bucs are not a good team.

Proof:
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't tread on me
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Snake wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:01 pm
kaimaru wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:57 pm

Why are we paying Wirfs 7 million more next year?
Big homie due a big extension
Vea is the only one Licht has extended early. I do not see him doing this with Wirfs
Backside

Post by Backside »

kaimaru wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:51 pm

Vea is the only one Licht has extended early. I do not see him doing this with Wirfs

Why? He's a top 3 player on the team.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:52 pm
kaimaru wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:02 pm
I personally do not want Bowles back as head coach. His defense has regressed.
We're allowing fewer points per game.
Fewer TDs per game.
Sacks per game are up.
INTs per game are up.
FF per game are up.

But don't let that stop you from sticking to your guns.
Bucs 25th in yards per game. Bucs dead last in passing yards per game.
Last year: Bucs 9th in yards per game. Bucs 10th in passing yards per game.

How is that not a regression? So we are giving up more FGs and less TDs. Doesn't make it easy to watch. Gives our offense less chances. Do you dispute that? We are 7th WORST in the league in giving up plays of 20 or more yards. Better red zone defense doesn't make up for the fact we are a shit overall defense
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Wirfs should've been extended as soon as 2022 ended. Licht waits too late to extends players.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:00 pm

Wirfs should've been extended as soon as 2022 ended. Licht waits too late to extends players.
I do not disagree, I am saying that is his pattern. Look at Evans
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Buc2 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:55 pm How can it possibly even be an argument that the Bucs are not a good team? Ya'll crack me up sometimes.

Repeat after me...

The Bucs are not a good team.

Proof:
Capture.JPG
Bucs are a mediocre team at best. The Bucs should end up the regular season at 9-8 and win the division, but they will still be a mediocre team. They will also be the sacrificial lamb in the first round of the playoffs.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

The only thing that makes casuals madder than being a bad team is not being a bad enough team.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Doctor wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:59 pm The only thing that makes casuals madder than being a bad team is not being a bad enough team.
This may be the dumbest comment I’ve ever read.
Heeyyy look at us, we’re the 2020 redskins yayyyy.
Yeah, try to remember how we felt going in to “Washington” in the playoffs. That’s how teams feel about us. We scare nobody.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

acmillis wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:04 pm
Doctor wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:59 pm The only thing that makes casuals madder than being a bad team is not being a bad enough team.
Yeah, try to remember how we felt going in to “Washington” in the playoffs. That’s how teams feel about us. We scare nobody.
They kind of held their own against us with Taylor Heineke. I remember being a little antsy in my pantsy.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Grahamburn wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:31 pm

They kind of held their own against us with Taylor Heineke. I remember being a little antsy in my pantsy.
As of now, we look like the 2022 Bucs, which is worse than the 2020 Redskins.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Hosting Tom Brady in the playoffs is probably the most exciting thing the Washington Football Team has done since, what? RG3's rookie year?
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Yup. Washington had it within 5 points with 4:51 to go.

I’d be happy with that result for this season. Then build it better than the Redskins did.

Most had us fighting for the top pick.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Jonny wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:33 pm
Grahamburn wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:31 pm

As of now, we look like the 2022 Bucs, which is worse than the 2020 Redskins.
They were 7-9.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Can we all unite and agree that Bowles deserves to be fired if we don't win against Philly? I'm not talking about "compete well", we need to outright win that game.

Two reasons to fire him:
1) We are entering the playoffs cold and
2) Philly is entering antarctic cold

Philly has lost 5 of their last 6. They have lost their mojo, even though they have been pressing hard to rediscover it for a while now.

We were supposed to recover from the saints loss by dominating the Panthers. We looked horrible on offense, with our QB having at least three INTs dropped. Two of the opponents TDs got reversed due to fluky shit.

If Bucs end up being the reason why one of the coldest playoff entrants in Philly rediscovers some mojo, Bowles and his staff deserve to be fired.

Enough with the cap hell excuse. Most of our cap space next year will be spent on players already on this roster. Which means we already have a pretty competitive roster to begin with. Our GM made sure Bowles didn't have this excuse.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Jonny wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:22 pm Can we all unite and agree that Bowles deserves to be fired if we don't win against Philly? I'm not talking about "compete well", we need to outright win that game.

Two reasons to fire him:

Philly has lost 5 of their last 6. They have lost their mojo, even though they have been pressing hard to rediscover it for a while now.

We were supposed to recover from the saints loss by dominating the Panthers. We looked horrible on offense, with our QB having at least three INTs dropped. Two of the opponents TDs got reversed due to fluky shit.

If Bucs end up being the reason why one of the coldest playoff entrants in Philly rediscovers some mojo, Bowles and his staff deserve to be fired.

Enough with the cap hell excuse. Most of our cap space next year will be spent on players already on this roster. Which means we already have a pretty competitive roster to begin with. Our GM made sure Bowles didn't have this excuse.
NO, The Bucs need to extend Bowles through the 2030 season and sign Mayfield to a 5 year 150 million contract.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Jonny wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:22 pm Can we all unite and agree that Bowles deserves to be fired if we don't win against Philly? I'm not talking about "compete well", we need to outright win that game.

Two reasons to fire him:

No, we can't.

Why exactly are you firing a HC that has won 2 division titles in his 2 seasons as a HC? You don't have any solid argument to support such a move

Also what message are you sending to any new potential hires? Win the Superbowl in 1 year or you're fired?
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:29 pm

Two reasons to fire him:

No, we can't.

Why exactly are you firing a HC that has won 2 division titles in his 2 seasons as a HC? You don't have any solid argument to support such a move

Also what message are you sending to any new potential hires? Win the Superbowl in 1 year or you're fired?
This ownership fired Dungy and Gruden when they had seasons with better records.

Winning NFC South division title isn't a major accomplishment. By tomorrow afternoon it is possible that Saints and Falcons will fire their head coach. Somebody had to win this putrid division.

What message would it send bucs fans if we keep rewarding a defensive head coach whose defense has progressively gotten worse since 2019 and as a head coach his team routinely plays below it's ability despite having 4 hof caliber players on roster?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Jonny wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:56 pm
Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:29 pm

No, we can't.

This ownership fired Dungy and Gruden when they had seasons with better records.

Winning NFC South division title isn't a major accomplishment. By tomorrow afternoon it is possible that Saints and Falcons will fire their head coach. Somebody had to win this putrid division.

What message would it send bucs fans if we keep rewarding a defensive head coach whose defense has progressively gotten worse since 2019 and as a head coach his team routinely plays below it's ability despite having 4 hof caliber players on roster?
And what HC comes in to replace him AND improve upon what he's done?
Snake

Post by Snake »

The glazers are unpredictable. I get the impression that they’re big on the state of the locker room and the cohesiveness of the organization. Not sure what else they value. As other people have said, they have fired Gruden after a playoff appearance.

My gut tells me that they’re gonna look at the dead cap situation, and assume they can tack on two or three more wins next season. They also seem to be really big fans of Baker Mayfield. He will get re-upped.

But again, unpredictable imo.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:57 pm
Jonny wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:56 pm

Lol it ain't difficult to find a head coach capable of replicating Bowles' production Bootzie. There will be two candidates available tomorrow in Dennis Allen and Arthur Smith. Heck, Frank Reich was a near .500 coach with the colts as well. I'm obviously joking with those names, but they truly are at least as good as Bowles.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Jonny wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:04 pm

Lol it ain't difficult to find a head coach capable of replicating Bowles' production Bootzie. There will be two candidates available tomorrow in Dennis Allen and Arthur Smith. Heck, Frank Reich was a near .500 coach with the colts as well. I'm obviously joking with those names, but they truly are at least as good as Bowles.
Let's replace a HC that HAS reached the playoffs twice in 2 years with 3 guys that haven't. Oh, oh and they are at least as good. Yea, that passes the smell test...........
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

I think 95% of Bucs fans are praying for a new HC. Sadly those 5% of Bucs fans who want him to stay will be the ones getting their wish. Like I said, the win today had some consequences.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

It's sad that any Buc fan would want to replace the only coach to have won back to back division titles with no rhyme or reason or goal real goal in sight.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Sucks for Reich. Worst thing that guy did was land a job to work for that asshat in Charlotte. Guy had some good moments in Indy but he walked into a no-win situation in Charlotte. Hope he gets another chance because I think he’s a good coach.

As for good HC candidates out there, obviously Harbaugh but he’s prolly going to LA. I think if you could get Ben Johnson, you fire Bowles. I love him as a coordinator and think he’s gonna make a great HC. I like Mike MacDonald and Bobby Slowik too.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

And if they don't do better 9-8, playoffs, division title right out the gate? you'll be calling for their heads too because that means the team got worse, right?
Snake

Post by Snake »

I don’t think Toilet Todd is going anywhere. But if he is, there’s no way they let Jason pick a fifth head coach, right?
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

If the Bucs lose next week, they will be 17-19 under Bowles if you count the playoffs. We fired two head coaches who had two years much better than that.

But yeah, let’s keep him because he won 2 straight division titles when the other 3 teams are complete trash. NFC south titles mean horseshit if you get your ass kicked in the first round of the playoffs against actual good teams.

Next week’s a big week for Mr. Bowles to prove himself.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Navybuc wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:24 pm If the Bucs lose next week, they will be 17-19 under Bowles if you count the playoffs. We fired two head coaches who had two years much better than that.

But yeah, let’s keep him because he won 2 straight division titles when the other 3 teams are complete trash. NFC south titles mean horseshit if you get your ass kicked in the first round of the playoffs against actual good teams.

Next week’s a big week for Mr. Bowles to prove himself.
Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:19 pm And if they don't do better 9-8, playoffs, division title right out the gate? you'll be calling for their heads too because that means the team got worse, right?
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:06 pm

Let's replace a HC that HAS reached the playoffs twice in 2 years with 3 guys that haven't. Oh, oh and they are at least as good. Yea, that passes the smell test...........
Reaching the playoffs with almost identical record as other teams in the division while fielding the better roster, with a Superbowl winning core is not the achievement you think it is.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Snake wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:19 pm I don’t think Toilet Todd is going anywhere. But if he is, there’s no way they let Jason pick a fifth head coach, right?
I think the only head coach Licht really picked from a pool of candidates is Arians.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Jonny wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:27 pm
Snake wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:19 pm I don’t think Toilet Todd is going anywhere. But if he is, there’s no way they let Jason pick a fifth head coach, right?
I think the only head coach Licht really picked from a pool of candidates is Arians.
That's a very selective assumption. He definitely didn't pick Lovie Smith though, so this would be the 4th.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:19 pm And if they don't do better 9-8, playoffs, division title right out the gate? you'll be calling for their heads too because that means the team got worse, right?
Bowles had 2 years here. Took over a Super Bowl talent team last year and went 8-10 including an ass kicking in the playoffs. Totally underachieved. I think most everyone will agree this year we haven’t progressed. We won in a terrible division. I know you’re up Bowles’ ass and all, but the guy has proven not to be a good HC between the Jets and here.

But hey, if we win next week, I’ll gladly eat my crow (or eagle) and put some ketchup and mustard on it with some special seasoning and it will taste oh so good.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Navybuc wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:33 pm
Bowles had 2 years here. Took over a Super Bowl talent team last year and went 8-10 including an ass kicking in the playoffs. Totally underachieved. I think most everyone will agree this year we haven’t progressed. We won in a terrible division. I know you’re up Bowles’ ass and all, but the guy has proven not to be a good HC between the Jets and here.

But hey, if we win next week, I’ll gladly eat my crow (or eagle) and put some ketchup and mustard on it with some special seasoning and it will taste oh so good.
Nice back pedal.