Todd Bowles Head Coach Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Jonny

Re: Todd Bowles Head Coach Thread

Post by Jonny »

Who is King Bootz? Did @Bootz kill and bury King Bootz? Or is it the Super Saiyan version?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:49 am With a win against the Panthers this week, Todd Bowles will be 17-17 as Buccaneers Head Coach. With two division titles (8-9, 9-8). Must be nice to coach in the worst division in football. Against a rookie QB, Desmond Ridder, and Derek Carr.

In Tampa, Bowles's teams are 3-11 against teams with winning records. and 1-6 in 2023 (at this time of posting).
When's the last time a Bucs HC won consecutive division titles?
Most hated man in America.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Snake wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:49 am With a win against the Panthers this week, Todd Bowles will be 17-17 as Buccaneers Head Coach. With two division titles (8-9, 9-8). Must be nice to coach in the worst division in football. Against a rookie QB, Desmond Ridder, and Derek Carr.

In Tampa, Bowles's teams are 3-11 against teams with winning records. and 1-6 in 2023 (at this time of posting).
Bumping this for visibility.
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

Jonny wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:09 am Who is King Bootz? Did @Bootz kill and bury King Bootz? Or is it the Super Saiyan version?
Super Saiyan Bootz fell along ago. This Super Saiyan 2004 Bootz who defeated his previous, weaker incarnation simply by calling him a casual. It was like our own version of famous rap battles in history.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Jonny wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:09 am Who is King Bootz? Did @Bootz kill and bury King Bootz? Or is it the Super Saiyan version?
That was my old profile before the Mods started fucking with me and prevented me from changing the password
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:10 am

Jon Gruden went 19-13 his final two seasons before getting fired. What's Bowles' record the last two years?

If you want to brag and take pride in winning division titles in a garbage division like this with no quality wins all season, be my guest. Real people look at records, wins, execution, progression, and quality. This team doesn't have any of that. But hey, assuming we win this week, let's see how they do in the playoffs. If they get embarrassed again in Round 1, the axe should fall. If we find a way to win, then the narrative changes.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Navybuc wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:27 am

Jon Gruden went 19-13 his final two seasons before getting fired. What's Bowles' record the last two years?

If you want to brag and take pride in winning division titles in a garbage division like this with no quality wins all season, be my guest. Real people look at records, wins, execution, progression, and quality. This team doesn't have any of that. But hey, assuming we win this week, let's see how they do in the playoffs. If they get embarrassed again in Round 1, the axe should fall. If we find a way to win, then the narrative changes.
There's a reason you decided to go with word vomit instead of giving a name.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:23 am
That was my old profile before the Mods started fucking with me and prevented me from changing the password
Is that a code word for "I forgot my password'?
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

13F11B wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:55 am
Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:23 am

It is not. There was a systematic issue (that has since been fixed) where users were being locked out of their account. I personally went through each Mod action in the log (as did Rocker and Mooz) and could find no instance where Bootz's password was tampered with. This also happened to me (Mooz and Rocker can verify this as both changed my password simultaneously) and so Bootz has a legitimate beef. I wish he didn't blame the mod team but I can't control what he says and would rather the issue be left in the past. Rocker was literally our entire tech support for that first year and has 3 autistic children at home and an ever changing job. And he basically got voted off the island over a few misunderstandings that worked exactly like the one Bootz dealt with.

Soooooooo. Shit stayed broken a long time. Again it's fixed now. We can speculate whether Bootz forgot the password, changed it himself or anything else but again. I'm hoping it stays in the past. I hate the guy sometimes but I'm glad Bootz stayed on. He has always been gracious in any interaction I had with him. And if anything breaks, Mod X has a guy we trust who has alreadh cleaned up our site and helped a lot
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

These Are The Days wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:01 pm
13F11B wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:55 am

It is not. There was a systematic issue (that has since been fixed) where users were being locked out of their account. I personally went through each Mod action in the log (as did Rocker and Mooz) and could find no instance where Bootz's password was tampered with. This also happened to me (Mooz and Rocker can verify this as both changed my password simultaneously) and so Bootz has a legitimate beef. I wish he didn't blame the mod team but I can't control what he says and would rather the issue be left in the past. Rocker was literally our entire tech support for that first year and has 3 autistic children at home and an ever changing job. And he basically got voted off the island over a few misunderstandings that worked exactly like the one Bootz dealt with.

Soooooooo. Shit stayed broken a long time. Again it's fixed now. We can speculate whether Bootz forgot the password, changed it himself or anything else but again. I'm hoping it stays in the past. I hate the guy sometimes but I'm glad Bootz stayed on. He has always been gracious in any interaction I had with him. And if anything breaks, Mod X has a guy we trust who has alreadh cleaned up our site and helped a lot
Its definitely in the past. I initially thought it was because of the Mods but I think ModX cleared it up. I know @kaimaru recently had the same issue as well though.

But I don't hold an grudges. All is well.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Check out Jaime Lannister over here.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

This is a different circumstance entirely. We know Chucky was lying to players and I am sure he was lying to the owners too. Our situations would be completely different than in 2009. Teams don't reach for QBs like they do now. Some places are mocking 5 QBs in the first round! Our defense is what people wanted to be our HC in 2009.

Our next HC will say that they want their QB. That would most likely be in the draft. They are not sitting at 19 and maybe picking the 5th or 6th QB that is there when it gets to us and roll with someone with 1 pass in the NFL. They will want to move up in the top 4 spot at least. Keeping Bowles will result in either another mediocre year and more than likely, Carr will not be hurt and the win the division meaning we won't have to give up as much draft capital or he turns the team around and Baker or Wilson is our long term starter
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:42 pm

This is a different circumstance entirely. We know Chucky was lying to players and I am sure he was lying to the owners too. Our situations would be completely different than in 2009. Teams don't reach for QBs like they do now. Some places are mocking 5 QBs in the first round! Our defense is what people wanted to be our HC in 2009.

Our next HC will say that they want their QB. That would most likely be in the draft. They are not sitting at 19 and maybe picking the 5th or 6th QB that is there when it gets to us and roll with someone with 1 pass in the NFL. They will want to move up in the top 4 spot at least. Keeping Bowles will result in either another mediocre year and more than likely, Carr will not be hurt and the win the division meaning we won't have to give up as much draft capital or he turns the team around and Baker or Wilson is our long term starter
I should have brought up Dungy before Gruden. He went 21-11 over his last two years and was fired.

This draft is pretty deep with QBs, so if you're going to draft a QB, this is a good year to do it. Nix, Daniels, McCarthy could be around when we pick, assuming we pick in the middle somewhere. Problem is if you keep Bowles, you're pretty much locked into keeping Baker to a long-term deal since Baker is Bowles' guy.

I know there are probably 17 Bucs fans in the whole city of Tampa wanting Bowles to stick around, two or three of them which post here. But I continue to say that the best thing for this franchise moving forward is to hit the reset button on HC and QB or else we're going to continue to be an average to below average team while the other teams in our division eventually get better than us.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Navybuc wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:57 pm
kaimaru wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:42 pm

I should have brought up Dungy before Gruden. He went 21-11 over his last two years and was fired.

This draft is pretty deep with QBs, so if you're going to draft a QB, this is a good year to do it. Nix, Daniels, McCarthy could be around when we pick, assuming we pick in the middle somewhere. Problem is if you keep Bowles, you're pretty much locked into keeping Baker to a long-term deal since Baker is Bowles' guy.

I know there are probably 17 Bucs fans in the whole city of Tampa wanting Bowles to stick around, two or three of them which post here. But I continue to say that the best thing for this franchise moving forward is to hit the reset button on HC and QB or else we're going to continue to be an average to below average team while the other teams in our division eventually get better than us.
I don't disagree with you on any of your points. I just think the 80 million of missing cap space, a winning record and for continuity of a first year signal caller with an entire off season studying what went well and what failed may be the decision. After all, they always say they consider everything including our running game was with the expectation that Jensen would be ready. If Jensen did come back or we drafted a center, then we may be having a very different conversation here and they may feel the same. As for what I want:

I personally do not want Bowles back as head coach. His defense has regressed. It doesn't help that CD3 has regressed and DW has regressed. It is 100% bad coaching for not punishing DW for his freelancing all game every game. He needs to stop putting CD3 alone on their top receiver. They need to stop playing 10 yards off on 3rd and 4. We need to stop playing soft zone in 3rd and 10+. He has two man corners and use their to their weakness in zone "because not everyone can play man." Has not herd of hybrid or mess concepts? He's stubborn and it will keep costing this team.

From the second half of the game in Atlanta and the Packers, he should have told Canales "more of that." After Jags he should have said "do not alter this game plan." But he either told him "we have two games, let's go back to how I want it to play out" or he gave no suggestions and both is a bad head coach. I am sure we will go back to those ten quarters and absolutely smoke the Panthers. Then at home, in a playoff game, he will either not tell Canales to stick to what is hot, or he will tell him to go back to the way it was and we will be crushed. He wants running the ball up the gut and throw intermediate passes and throwing to a naked receiver 6 yards behind the line of scrimmage
Snake

Post by Snake »

Wirfs - $25m
Evans - $25m
Winfield - $18m
Mayfield - $25m

I just spent that 80 million and more, to keep guys around who are already here.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Snake wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:06 pm Wirfs - $25m
Evans - $25m
Winfield - $18m
Mayfield - $25m

I just spent that 80 million and more, to keep guys around who are already here.
Why are we paying Wirfs 7 million more next year?
Snake

Post by Snake »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:57 pm
Evans - $25m
Winfield - $18m
Mayfield - $25m

Why are we paying Wirfs 7 million more next year?
Big homie due a big extension
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Evans - $25m
Winfield - $18m
Mayfield - $25m

Also @Snake
Snake wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:52 am Logical people have been tempering expectations for a while now. Teams allocating 32% of their total salary cap towards dead money start their season firmly behind the 8-ball. 66% of the Buccaneers top 53 highest paid players are currently making $1.5m or less.
Snake wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:35 pm
And I disagree with you about the state of the roster. It’s strong in a couple places, but it’s weak overall in depth. That’s what happens when 1/3 of the salary cap is dead.

You're on a mission to make an even bigger fool out of yourself today.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I don’t really understand what you’re trying to say. The depth is definitely suffering as a result of having a lot of dead cap. But they’re going to have to decide between depth and star power this offseason. Unless they want to engage in cap chicanery before they’re ready to make a deep playoff run.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake

Post by Snake »

What are you suggesting? Once again, you’re not providing any sort of content.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

For someone who claimed the salary cap is a bit of a myth its rather ironic you'd try to convince anyone that $80mil+ of the cap would actually be spent on 4 players.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:02 pm
I personally do not want Bowles back as head coach. His defense has regressed.
We're allowing fewer points per game.
Fewer TDs per game.
Sacks per game are up.
INTs per game are up.
FF per game are up.

But don't let that stop you from sticking to your guns.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Of course it can be manipulated, to a degree. Do I need a handhold you through every aspect of nuance, because you have no ability to use deductive logic or think critically? The point is the Bucs have expensive players they need to pay and it will cut into what people expect to be a lot of salary cap coming available. You’re free to use a cap calculator and figure out what a backloaded contract will look like. Otherwise, I’ll continue to speak the broad strokes. Also, feel free to DM me if you want more of my attention.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:52 pm
kaimaru wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:02 pm
I personally do not want Bowles back as head coach. His defense has regressed.
Fewer TDs per game.
Sacks per game are up.
INTs per game are up.
FF per game are up.
I know you’re Mr. sunshine and Rainbows and all who believes that everything in Tampa Bay is great and we are the greatest team in the world year in and year out, and Baker is the second coming of Tom Brady…. but I would love to see what our defensive stats look like when we actually play winning teams. How did our D do against Jalen Hurts, CJ Stroud, Gardner Minshew, Brock Purdy, Josh Allen? You also understand this year we faced a weaker schedule compared to last year, right?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Navybuc wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:56 pm
Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:52 pm

Fewer TDs per game.
Sacks per game are up.
INTs per game are up.
FF per game are up.
I know you’re Mr. sunshine and Rainbows who believes that everything in Tampa Bay is great and we are the greatest team in the world year in and year out, and Baker is the second coming of Tom Brady…. but I would love to see what our defensive stats look like when we actually play winning teams. How did our D do against Jalen Hurts, CJ Stroud, Gardner Minshew, Brock Purdy, Josh Allen?
Typical Toilet. Another case of extremely desirable schedule strikes again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Texans are the only awful result in that bunch to be honest.

24, 25, and 27 against those three teams isn't some terrible blemish. Colts game was the worst.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Backside wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:00 am Texans are the only awful result in that bunch to be honest.
So giving up almost 500 yards of offense to the Eagles is a good result? D’Andre Swift is licking his chops at the chance to play the Bucs again.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Navybuc wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:03 am
Backside wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:00 am Texans are the only awful result in that bunch to be honest.
So giving up almost 500 yards of offense to the Eagles is a good result? D’Andre Swift is licking his chops at the chance to play the Bucs again.
Saying something isn't awful, isn't the same as saying it is good. I was going by the information provided, which doesn't mention the 500 yards. Though 25 points on 500 yards could certainly be worse.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I'd say it's missing the forest for the trees. Games are decided by points.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Doctor wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:44 am

I'd say it's missing the forest for the trees. Games are decided by points.
Well against good teams this year, we’re not doing too good in that department, are we? I’m talking overall.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Remind me what matters more who you were over the season or who you are in January?

It's been a growing year for many in many ways in Tampa. But we have improved and keep doing so. You have to be blind or dishonest to not see it.
Snake

Post by Snake »

If Canales left for an HC job this offseason and Baker was retained, would you consider the growth to be lost?
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Doctor wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:50 am Remind me what matters more who you were over the season or who you are in January?

It's been a growing year for many in many ways in Tampa. But we have improved and keep doing so. You have to be blind or dishonest to not see it.
I'm not sure I'd say we "are growing." We have looked very inconsistent all year. That's not growing. People talk about a 4-game winning streak, but one of those wins was against Carolina by 3 friggin' points and another nail-biter against a bad Falcons team, and last game we looked horrible. Sandwiched in between were some good offensive outbreaks against the Jags and Packers. As I said, we've been inconsistent. But hey, we're going into the last game 8-8 for the second straight year. Malcolm Glazer would be rolling in his grave if he watched his boys keep Bowles after he dismissed Dungy and Gruden after two straight winning seasons.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

At least we're calling it like it is now.

Come in and win, win BIG, in your first two seasons or you're out. Oh, and also find the next Mahomes.

Simple.