Welcome S Logan Ryan

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Defense5599

Welcome S Logan Ryan

Post by Defense5599 »

Surprised this hasn't been posted already. The Bucs got their man to replace Jordan Whitehead.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ogan-ryan/
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Snake

Re: Welcome S Logan Ryan

Post by Snake »

Not gonna pretend to know anything about him. Is he better going towards line of scrimmage or coverage?
MJW

Post by MJW »

Snake wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:09 pm Not gonna pretend to know anything about him. Is he better going towards line of scrimmage or coverage?
He played his first 9 years in the league at corner, he just recently converted to safety. So he's probably more natural moving backwards. BUT he's a very good tackler and he has 13 career sacks, so he can rush the passer too.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Here's my post from the main free agency thread:

The Logan Ryan signing is huge. Not sure how expensive he is, but grabbing him shores up a huge need.

Experienced veteran in the secondary, can play corner and safety. He can be on the field in three safety packages. He can play inside, outside, he can blitz, he's a fantastic tackler.

Homerun signing. I wonder if Brady, his former teammate, helped in recruitment.

---

The more I think about it, the more I like it.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Snake wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:09 pm Not gonna pretend to know anything about him.
Same here.
Cheb wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:31 pm Here's my post from the main free agency thread:

The Logan Ryan signing is huge. Not sure how expensive he is, but grabbing him shores up a huge need.

Experienced veteran in the secondary, can play corner and safety. He can be on the field in three safety packages. He can play inside, outside, he can blitz, he's a fantastic tackler.

Homerun signing. I wonder if Brady, his former teammate, helped in recruitment.

---

The more I think about it, the more I like it.

Excellent. :D
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

This guy won't let Cooper Kupp get by him.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Snake

Post by Snake »

Defense5599 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:56 pm This guy won't let Cooper Kupp get by him.
Hopefully the 31 year old journeyman isn’t put in that position. Or anyone for that matter.
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

He had his lowest career grade on PFF last year at 60 I believe. He should be solid and provide good leadership though.
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

Snake wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:58 pm
Defense5599 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:56 pm This guy won't let Cooper Kupp get by him.
Hopefully the 31 year old journeyman isn’t put in that position. Or anyone for that matter.
He is definitely not a journeyman. First-team AA his junior year of college, drafted in the third round by Pats, became one of the two starting CBs his third year there, got a three-year, thirty million contract from the Titans in 2016. He is a long,long, long way from being a journeyman. Easily better than any of our secondary players other than maybe CD, and CD looked like butt in tbe playoffs. Absolutely will not do stupid shit like letting Cooper Kupp run by him.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Tnbandwagoner wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:36 pm
Snake wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:58 pm

He is definitely not a journeyman. First-team AA his junior year of college, drafted in the third round by Pats, became one of the two starting CBs his third year there, got a three-year, thirty million contract from the Titans in 2016. He is a long,long, long way from being a journeyman. Easily better than any of our secondary players other than maybe CD, and CD looked like butt in tbe playoffs. Absolutely will not do stupid shit like letting Cooper Kupp run by him.
Journeyman is not an insult.

“A worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding.”

Logan Ryan:

- good, not great pedigree
- on his fourth team.
- always healthy
- no individual accolades

Again, the expression isn’t an insult. It just means he’s not special.

Edit: I guess, my definition of a “journeyman” is a player who is probably better than most people’s conception of a journeyman.

At this point I’m talking a lot about a player who I don’t know much about. Mostly looking at stats and resume.
Last edited by Snake on Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

Hopefully Todd Bowel movement isn’t dumb enough to do that twice
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I hope he's great - but we still do the over thirty rental club
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

With out a doubt Tom has lit the fire for those types coming to us.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I'm really happy with this signing and really think there should be more hype around him. I've been a fan of his since he came out. He has a nose for the play, 324 tackles over the last three years. 31 years old on a one year $1.2M deal. x2 SB Champ.

Comes in to a safety group with our man ASJ, underrated playmaker Mike Edwards, hopefully a fully healthy Neal. We've got a great deep safety unit with lots of talent and experience. This is all of the sudden a very deep position.
Heidguy

Post by Heidguy »

Doctor wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:39 pm I'm really happy with this signing and really think there should be more hype around him. I've been a fan of his since he came out. He has a nose for the play, 324 tackles over the last three years. 31 years old on a one year $1.2M deal. x2 SB Champ.

Comes in to a safety group with our man ASJ, underrated playmaker Mike Edwards, hopefully a fully healthy Neal. We've got a great deep safety unit with lots of talent and experience. This is all of the sudden a very deep position.

"ASJ" Austin Sefarian Jenkins?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Heidguy wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:55 pm
Doctor wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:39 pm I'm really happy with this signing and really think there should be more hype around him. I've been a fan of his since he came out. He has a nose for the play, 324 tackles over the last three years. 31 years old on a one year $1.2M deal. x2 SB Champ.

"ASJ" Austin Sefarian Jenkins?
He Drunk! (And ASJ too)