College Prospects

This section is for discussing possible future Buccaneers, as well as college football.
Doctor

Re: College Prospects

Post by Doctor »

Pickett doesn't excite me. None of these QBs do. Doesn't mean I think they'll all be busts, I don't. For sure some will hit. But it'll be as much of a lucky guess as anything as to which and I'd rather not do that in the first. Too many other less risky, high upside players.
Snake

Post by Snake »

If you choose a shitty quarterback. It’s OK, it’s all luck and you were supposed to. If you choose a good one, it’s OK it’s all luck and you were supposed to.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I don't think you understand how sports work
Snake

Post by Snake »

“Bowles zero blitz call was good.” = not entitled to an opinion sorry.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Link to where I said it was good or get off my dick, I'm chafing.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Doctor wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:45 pm Link to where I said it was good or get off my dick, I'm chafing.
Seriously? You defended it in the whole tread about Bowles being a fraud. Just one of many quotes of you defending the call. If you're going to make a shit take, at least remember the shit take.
Doctor wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:22 am As would I, but they would've clocked it with a lot more time left anyway. Probably not the final play and they still get closer.
With a sack, it's a final play. No "hoping their guy misses". You put it on our guys to get the job done, not their guys to fail. That's what winners do. I liked the call. Shame it was miscommunicated.
Snake

Post by Snake »

LOL!!
MJW

Post by MJW »

Doctor wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:46 pm Pickett doesn't excite me. None of these QBs do. Doesn't mean I think they'll all be busts, I don't. For sure some will hit. But it'll be as much of a lucky guess as anything as to which and I'd rather not do that in the first. Too many other less risky, high upside players.
I like Pickett a lot. Like everyone else, I'm concerned about his hands and the fumbles. But if I was grading him, I'd say he has above average arm strength, excellent accuracy, poise, good pocket sense (though he does bail too early sometimes), plus mobility, leadership/football character qualities, the requisite amount of "chip" to his game. He doesn't have any super elite qualities, but he checks all the boxes and then some.

If I had to liken him to someone as a prospect, I'd say Dak Prescott is a reasonable comp. Or a more athletic, higher ceiling Andy Dalton. He's not a guy I trade three 1sts to go up and get, but if I'm a team that needs a QB, I feel really good about getting him in the mid-first.

Malik Willis...I bet against Lamar Jackson and lost (so did 32 GMs, including the Ravens with their first pick.) Is he another Lamar Jackson? Maybe? If I've got a coach willing to commit to him the way Harbaugh did Lamar, he's very exciting. If I'm the Panthers, and I've got offensive talent and college roots to the scheme, I'm definitely thinking about him early.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

MJW wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:21 am
Doctor wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:46 pm Pickett doesn't excite me. None of these QBs do. Doesn't mean I think they'll all be busts, I don't. For sure some will hit. But it'll be as much of a lucky guess as anything as to which and I'd rather not do that in the first. Too many other less risky, high upside players.

Malik Willis...I bet against Lamar Jackson and lost (so did 32 GMs, including the Ravens with their first pick.) Is he another Lamar Jackson? Maybe? If I've got a coach willing to commit to him the way Harbaugh did Lamar, he's very exciting. If I'm the Panthers, and I've got offensive talent and college roots to the scheme, I'm definitely thinking about him early.
Watching Willis very closely for the past two years, he's more Michael Vick.

With the Seattle/ Denver trade, there is a lot of smoke on him getting selected in Seattle. That said, Detroit sits on the #2

I dont want Willis to be selected as starter so he can get strenght and NFL experience. Panties and Falgone's are sitting 6 and 8

I think Willis will be QB1 drafted.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:43 pm
Doctor wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:45 pm Link to where I said it was good or get off my dick, I'm chafing.
Seriously? You defended it in the whole tread about Bowles being a fraud. Just one of many quotes of you defending the call. If you're going to make a shit take, at least remember the shit take.
Doctor wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:22 am As would I, but they would've clocked it with a lot more time left anyway. Probably not the final play and they still get closer.
With a sack, it's a final play. No "hoping their guy misses". You put it on our guys to get the job done, not their guys to fail. That's what winners do. I liked the call. Shame it was miscommunicated.
So no where. Got it.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Crocaneers wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:07 pm
MJW wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:21 am

Watching Willis very closely for the past two years, he's more Michael Vick.

With the Seattle/ Denver trade, there is a lot of smoke on him getting selected in Seattle. That said, Detroit sits on the #2

I dont want Willis to be selected as starter so he can get strenght and NFL experience. Panties and Falgone's are sitting 6 and 8

I think Willis will be QB1 drafted.
Yeah, I'd say he'll probably be the first QB taken. If Kenny Pickett's hands were an inch larger, I think he'd be the first guy. But it's a strange world we live in.

I do not think he goes to Detroit. I just don't. Dan Campbell made getting Jared Goff a key element of the Stafford trade, and Jared Goff is the opposite of someone like Willis. I think the Detroit rumors are coming from Detroit so they can shop the pick to one of those teams you mentioned. And I think Detroit will probably find their guy at #32 (unless they move up.) If they can drop back to, say, #8 (Not sure Carolina has the draft capital), get somebody like Garrett Wilson there, draft maybe Matt Corrall with their 2nd first rounder, and get next year's 1st plus Atlanta's two 2nd rounders this year...that's a great day for them.
Let's roll another joint
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I don't do twitter, can someone contact Matthew Cannata to see when they will update their 2022 bigboard

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022 ... ings-more/
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

MJW wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:29 am
mdb1958 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:00 am ???

ALEX
WRIGHT - 6'7" 270
UAB
UAB
LB
I want to see more production from a guy from a mid-major.
Just saw where PR said Tampa had a (formal + virtual meeting) with Alex Wright.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

CJ Brewer of Coastal Carolina: I noticed this - Received a master's degree in instructional technology in December 2021.

Is he not going to the NFL?

I also wonder if the players who did not Vax - will they be blacklisted from the NFL?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Leo Chenal seems to be gaining a lot of interest.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Why is PFF giving P Matt Araiza an F grade?
Snake

Post by Snake »

mdb1958 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:09 pm Why is PFF giving P Matt Araiza an F grade?
Let’s email them and ask
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Snake wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:22 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:09 pm Why is PFF giving P Matt Araiza an F grade?
Let’s email them and ask
Have the guy that posted in here that he was a great punter do it - I dunno maybe he out punts the coverage.
MJW

Post by MJW »

mdb1958 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:56 pm Leo Chenal seems to be gaining a lot of interest.
I can tell ya as a Big 12 person...Chenal is friggin' legit. 6'3 250, hits like he's 6'3 250, and he covers the field like he's 230. Everyone was impressed he ran a 4.5 at that size but I expected it. IMHO he's another Brian Cushing. He's a guy every 3-4 and many 4-3s should be looking at hard in the late 1st/early 2nd. Three down guy in most schemes and ticketed to be one of the better box linebackers in the league.

The other guy...Jack Sanborn...he got more ink at the college level but he's an NFL backup. You wouldn't see me complaining if we landed Chenal as the heir to LVD's spot.
Let's roll another joint
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Leo Chenal put up ridiculous numbers in college and his athletic comp is Brian Urlacher. While he has his limitations in coverage, he's a monster in a box. I'd be surprised if he made it to the second round.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Cliff Notes version reads like B. Ruud?
Kress

Post by Kress »

acmillis wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:43 pm Cliff Notes version reads like B. Ruud?
Except sub "hits" for "drags."
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

acmillis wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:43 pm Cliff Notes version reads like B. Ruud?
As I recall, Ruud's scouting report read the opposite; fluid in coverage and can run, but is a hit-and-drag tackler. Chenal hits like a damn truck but looks slow and stumpy in coverage.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Cheb wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:56 pm
As I recall, Ruud's scouting report read the opposite; fluid in coverage and can run, but is a hit-and-drag tackler. Chenal hits like a damn truck but looks slow and stumpy in coverage.
You know who he reminds me a lot of? Chris Claiborne. I think if he came into the league when Claiborne did (23 years ago), Chenal would be a top ten type prospect. But the league has changed THAT much. A Mack Truck linebacker with decent athleticism but so-so coverage chops is lucky to go in the first round no matter how good he is at what he does.

Personally, despite his shortcomings, I would friggin' LOVE to see him drafted at 60 (if he's there, which is unlikely) to be heir to LVD. He's a totally different kind of player. But he's going to be a great 3-4 linebacker.
Let's roll another joint
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

MJW wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:18 pm
Cheb wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:56 pm

You know who he reminds me a lot of? Chris Claiborne. I think if he came into the league when Claiborne did (23 years ago), Chenal would be a top ten type prospect. But the league has changed THAT much. A Mack Truck linebacker with decent athleticism but so-so coverage chops is lucky to go in the first round no matter how good he is at what he does.

Personally, despite his shortcomings, I would friggin' LOVE to see him drafted at 60 (if he's there, which is unlikely) to be heir to LVD. He's a totally different kind of player. But he's going to be a great 3-4 linebacker.
Haven't heard Claiborne's name in a long time.

You may be right about Chenal's draft projection with him dropping into the second. Inside middle backers need to be able to backpedal, open up their hips, and run down shallow crossers; I don't know if our boy can do that consistently.

If he were a rookie on my team, I'm not sure I would put him at middle linebacker. In this defense I would put him at edge, where he could use that speed and strength against offensive tackles. He may not be much as a rookie, but by his sophomore season with reps and dedication to his craft he should be a starter, and with time even a plus starter. The obvious comp to that would be TJ Watt, another late blooming backer from Wisconsin who only started to play the edge late in his career.

But I digress. We will see how it goes.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

@MJW 5 blocks, 45 tackles a year avg, 47 TFL's, 18.5 sacks.

sam roberts dt nw missouri state
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Do you think Troy Anderson would be a great option if he agreed to play OLB and RB?
I really think I'd enjoy seeing that.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

mdb1958 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:25 am Do you think Troy Anderson would be a great option if he agreed to play OLB and RB?
Think he’s a great option at LB to begin with
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Give me a % that both Jordan Davis and Travis Jones are both gone by our first pick.
MJW

Post by MJW »

mdb1958 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:16 am Give me a % that both Jordan Davis and Travis Jones are both gone by our first pick.
Jordan Davis - 95%
Travis Jones - Muh Boy - 30% he's gone.

To draft Jones that high (picks 1-26), a team will have to a) be running a 3-4 or a hybrid 4-3 that's basically a 3-4 (see: Seattle) and see Jones as more than a two-down player. We run a 3-4 and personally (can't speak for OBP) I think he's much more than a two-down player. I think he's every bit a 3 down player as Vea is.
Let's roll another joint
MJW

Post by MJW »

mdb1958 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:25 am Do you think Troy Anderson would be a great option if he agreed to play OLB and RB?
I don't know if I'd play him on offense, but he'd be a damn interesting addition to Bowles's defense. He can play on all three levels and do whatever you ask him to do. My big concern is his physique. He's very high-cut and he'll be prone to lower body and rib injuries.
Let's roll another joint
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Vea's rookie season he only has stats for 9 games and it says he played in 13 games, I remember him losing weight and then supposedly adding NFL weight back on. That may be what both Davis and Jones should do.

To me, Jones looks like he needs to do it and considering Davis only played 1/3 of the Bulldog snaps - it wouldnt hurt him to become durable.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

MJW wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:46 pm
I don't know if I'd play him on offense, but he'd be a damn interesting addition to Bowles's defense. He can play on all three levels and do whatever you ask him to do. My big concern is his physique. He's very high-cut and he'll be prone to lower body and rib injuries.
Height 6'3 1/2"
Weight 243
Wing 77 3/8"
Arm 32 1/8"
Hand 9 1/4"