Announcement

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Rocker

Re: Announcement

Post by Rocker »

PanteraCanes wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:14 am DraftLine also in Denmark having the same issue.
I unbanned the IP yesterday, wonder what the issue is now…

Added to the list.
PanteraCanes

Post by PanteraCanes »

Rocker wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:38 am
PanteraCanes wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:14 am DraftLine also in Denmark having the same issue.
I unbanned the IP yesterday, wonder what the issue is now…

Added to the list.
He just put he had the same issue. Not sure if it was before you did your thing or not.
sonofg

Post by sonofg »

I had the same issue (Norway) about a week ago, so sent an email to admins. Thanks to whoever fixed it!
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Cool new look! Too bad it goes away after you sign in.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

NVM. I had to change it in my user settings.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Doctor wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:09 pm NVM. I had to change it in my user settings.
Glad you enjoy it!
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

It's nice, you guys are doing a great job!
MOD TB12

Post by MOD TB12 »

Doctor wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:14 pm It's nice, you guys are doing a great job!
Thank you. We are trying.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Doctor wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:09 pm NVM. I had to change it in my user settings.
Which setting did you choose?
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:10 am
Which setting did you choose?
User Control Panel > Board preferences > SE Gamer: Dark
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

That is what I went with also.
MCMLXXVI

Post by MCMLXXVI »

Hi kids - friendly reminder that our signature guidelines also apply to text blocks. Keep them within the established limits; please. Text based signatures that exceed the size limits will be pruned before kickoff tomorrow, per admin direction. The community has a long standing preference, and this notice is in service to that tradition.

Thank you for your understanding.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MCMLXXVI

Post by MCMLXXVI »

You're cute. Wanna cuddle?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Darling, you can't afford me

MCMLXXVI

Post by MCMLXXVI »

Dance for me.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Did Bootz just imply he's one of Pete's Ladybois?
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

BJJ34 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:35 am Did Bootz just imply he's one of Pete's Ladybois?
What? You didn't know? That's why they are so passive aggressive with each other. You know, the self-loathing.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Due to abuse and community feedback, I've turned off the rep system for a few days. Admin/Mod team will discuss the best path forward and welcome - as always - your feedback and involvement in making this place what you want.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I liked it because you could tell someone you agree with them/like the cut of their jibe without muddying the board with “I agree!” type posts.

Maybe a 30 day probation period for new members before they can give rep?

Maybe a certain number of rep can be given each day? I’ve seen boards cap it at 5 positive and 2 negative per day. Something like that.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Rocker wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:41 pm Due to abuse and community feedback, I've turned off the rep system for a few days. Admin/Mod team will discuss the best path forward and welcome - as always - your feedback and involvement in making this place what you want.
Sucks because it was a really cool feature. But it was abused by multiple posters.

I like @Snake's idea of a waiting period, although technically no one would be able to like anything until tomorrow anyway.

This might take more monitoring on Admin's part. But is there a way that you guys can keep track of patterns of abuse of the system? Like if you see inexplicably Poster A liked 30 of Poster B's posts over the last 10 minutes, is there a way to disable Poster A's ability to like and also take away the likes for Poster B? And vice versa for abusing dislikes as well? I also think dislikes should come with a reason. You shouldn't just be able to dislike a post without stating why.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

@Snake @King Bootz Those are some of the things I'm sure the moderators will be discussing; and fwiw, I agree with the suggestions from you both. Thanks for responding.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Bootz wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:35 pm also think dislikes should come with a reason. You shouldn't just be able to dislike a post without stating why.
LMAO

You want to go the pRoVe It route even with the dislikes.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

nybf wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:56 pm
Bootz wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:35 pm also think dislikes should come with a reason. You shouldn't just be able to dislike a post without stating why.
LMAO

The funny part is, the extension comes with that feature enabled, but it's annoying as fuck imo; and I quickly turned it off. A TD meltdown post or idiotic OT/Politics post that is well deserving of a downvote shouldn't require extra effort from the viewer.

The poster that is getting up/down rep can see who is responding to their content and respond that way.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Rocker wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:41 pm Due to abuse and community feedback, I've turned off the rep system for a few days. Admin/Mod team will discuss the best path forward and welcome - as always - your feedback and involvement in making this place what you want.
Whoops
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Oh, and Bootz' idea is fucking stupid. I loved that I could finally tell him he's an idiot without having to dedicate thousands of words and several hours arguing the vaguest technicality.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Rocker wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:10 pm
nybf wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:56 pm

LMAO

The funny part is, the extension comes with that feature enabled, but it's annoying as fuck imo; and I quickly turned it off. A TD meltdown post or idiotic OT/Politics post that is well deserving of a downvote shouldn't require extra effort from the viewer.

The poster that is getting up/down rep can see who is responding to their content and respond that way.
Well that’ll always be what separates this(these) boards from long-standing “unofficial” fan-lead boards. All fan bases have official and unofficial boards. But when you sacrifice the integrity of board for popularities, personalities and chaos it garners the opposite impact. People do end up leaving. I don’t know what your long term goal is for this place. Is it a side hobby for people to kick the shit while pretending to be an NFL franchise message board or the opposite?

Like I said, plenty of fan-lead boards for sports franchises. Difference I see is the franchise takes a back seat to the people who frequent here. You have a chance to change that. Or not.
0-26 Survivor

Post by 0-26 Survivor »

👍
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:49 pm

Well that’ll always be what separates this(these) boards from long-standing “unofficial” fan-lead boards. All fan bases have official and unofficial boards. But when you sacrifice the integrity of board for popularities, personalities and chaos it garners the opposite impact. People do end up leaving. I don’t know what your long term goal is for this place. Is it a side hobby for people to kick the shit while pretending to be an NFL franchise message board or the opposite?

Like I said, plenty of fan-lead boards for sports franchises. Difference I see is the franchise takes a back seat to the people who frequent here. You have a chance to change that. Or not.
I don't have a chance to do anything other than my best impersonation of a website developer, as I've stated until I'm blue in the face on multiple occasions.

It's the frequent users like you and many others that will determine if this place lives or dies. I have and will continue to not let my personal preferences dictate the end product, nor will I stand idly by and let the moderators run rampant and control/dictate/censor aspects of the many discussions that take place here. My goal correction; the team goal is to provide a platform for Buccaneers fans to meet, mingle, discuss and argue anything they want to their heart's content.

So fuck right off with the passive aggressive nonsense.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Bootz wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:49 pm

So fuck off to another board then you twat.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Rocker wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:13 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:49 pm

I don't have a chance to do anything other than my best impersonation of a website developer, as I've stated until I'm blue in the face on multiple occasions.

It's the frequent users like you and many others that will determine if this place lives or dies. I have and will continue to not let my personal preferences dictate the end product, nor will I stand idly by and let the moderators run rampant and control/dictate/censor aspects of the many discussions that take place here. My goal correction; the team goal is to provide a platform for Buccaneers fans to meet, mingle, discuss and argue anything they want to their heart's content.

Big difference between not having that chance and choosing not to take it. Becoming much clearer now why Mooz footed the bill then took a back seat. You and I both know what you’re admitting here. This is another sinking ship. Not as quickly as BZ and not even for the same reasons. This time it’s by choice. 1 month in an already you’re disabling features because they’ve been abused. And you think this somehow is conducive to creating a different environment?

I don’t think I was being passive aggressive at all. My message was very clear. If you feel I was, my apologies. But your anger there says a lot. You know what I’m telling you is the truth. I was simply wrong in thinking you had an impartial hand in changing the culture.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:28 pm
Rocker wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:13 pm

Big difference between not having that chance and choosing not to take it. Becoming much clearer now why Mooz footed the bill then took a back seat. You and I both know what you’re admitting here. This is another sinking ship. Not as quickly as BZ and not even for the same reasons. This time it’s by choice. 1 month in an already you’re disabling features because they’ve been abused. And you think this somehow is conducive to creating a different environment?

I don’t think I was being passive aggressive at all. My message was very clear. If you feel I was, my apologies. But your anger there says a lot. You know what I’m telling you is the truth. I was simply wrong in thinking you had an impartial hand in changing the culture.
The feature is simply being updated to avoid abuse. I and others like the “like” button feature so it’s not going anywhere. Nothing to worry about.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:38 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:28 pm

The feature is simply being updated to avoid abuse. I and others like the “like” button feature so it’s not going anywhere. Nothing to worry about.
Wasn't a concern of mine. I like it as well. Just have doubts about the ability to avoid abuse of that when other abuses are allowed. That speaks into the integrity but if there's nothing that can be done then nothing can be done.