Announcement

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
PanteraCanes

Re: Announcement

Post by PanteraCanes »

MCMLXXVI wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:24 pm Hi again, everyone. If a bot, spammer, or scammer makes it through the filters, please do not respond to the created thread, just report it; and it will be dealt with as quickly as possible. Thank you and go Buccs.
Y’all can stop reporting me as a spambot.

Zarni

MCMLXXVI

Post by MCMLXXVI »

PanteraCanes wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:42 pm
MCMLXXVI wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:24 pm Hi again, everyone. If a bot, spammer, or scammer makes it through the filters, please do not respond to the created thread, just report it; and it will be dealt with as quickly as possible. Thank you and go Buccs.
Y’all can stop reporting me as a spambot.

Zarni

shakes Magic 8 Ball Outlook not so good
MCMLXXVI

Post by MCMLXXVI »

@Babeinbucland

Thank you on behalf of the Mods for taking initiative and reaching out. To clarify, the filing fees are separate from the "use based application" fees? And additionally, 225-525 in fees if an extension is required? That's a steep price. I think this is an issue for @Moozician and @Rocker to work on.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

That is how I read it too and These are their fees - some other attorneys may be less expensive - I am guessing legal zoom may be an option as well.
I said what I said

Dread

Post by Dread »

SaggyBallZ wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:36 pm
Rocker wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:21 am It would be cool as hell to hit 100 users before kick off.
can i bi-post?
I
Bi is so yesterday. We say fluid now.

Fluid posting or perhaps posting fluid.

Sounds gross...
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

MCMLXXVI wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:56 pm @Babeinbucland

Thank you on behalf of the Mods for taking initiative and reaching out. To clarify, the filing fees are separate from the "use based application" fees? And additionally, 225-525 in fees if an extension is required? That's a steep price. I think this is an issue for @Moozician and @Rocker to work on.
Added to the list.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

It's been a wild week or so getting this place whipped into something resembling a home. I know there's a lot of work left to do, but I am grateful for and humbled by the over 125 registered users. Thank you for giving this site your time and energy, and thank you for your patience and trust.
Betsy

Post by Betsy »

MCMLXXVI wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:35 am And the Admin/Mod team will be approachable and accessible for anything. That's it. That's the sentence. The Admin/Mod team will be approachable and accessible for anything, from anyone. Zero favoritism.

Respectfully Yours,
The Management
Well, I guess that leaves you off of the Christmas Cookie list.....
Kress

Post by Kress »

If you ask me, the board has too many sub-forums.

I get keeping politics separated from regular off topic, because experience has shown it is an animal unto itself, but 5 off-topic sub-forums? An entirely separate one for guns & ammo? Much less religion and "hard hitting" - whatever that is. I mean, nobody is going to be in the middle of an argument in any given thread and announce: "You know what, let's take this to hard-hitting."

Dividing the NFL into Bucs and all other teams also seems counterproductive. It's not like we hammer "other team" threads around here, and if one is worth talking about - like a Watson or Rodgers type of situation - a thread on it in TD is not going to kill the joint or get in the way of Bucs discussion. If a thread concerning another team stays at the top, it is because people are interested. Once they are not, or once Bucs game day arrives, it will sink on its own. Let that organically do what it's going to do. (edit: I just looked and, right now, there is a Browns thread and another for "all 32." Two relevant threads.)

Considering we are a football-based board, the college thing is even worse. There is one main college football thread in "other sports," but then if I want to talk about a specific player, I have to go over to "draft?" When do people talk about the draft other than offseason, unless they're commenting on a player currently playing in college games, in which case its college football discussion, unless they want us to keep an eye on that player in future games, in which case is draft talk about college football so..... for f's sake.

The tickets and fantasy and stuff - there aren't enough threads about those things to lose track of anything relevant. If the "tickets to the Falcons game" thread is below two fantasy ones, plus a survivor thread and another about an autographed helmet for sale, I'll still find it pretty easily. How many threads sit on a front page? Team Discussions hasn't even rolled over yet. Put that stuff in one place.

If it was me, I'd say, for a football message board, and with the known history of us peoples:

Bucs/NFL
College Football/Draft
Other Sports
Fantasy/Games/Tickets/Merchandise
Off Topic
Politics & Religion (or put as an OT sub)

The end.

You can have a few busy forums with lots of activity, or a dozen half-dead ones. I think choice A is the clear winner there.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

@Kress the fact you don’t know what hardhitting is tells me you’re a man of upstanding character. Please don’t open that in front of your wife.
Snake

Post by Snake »

@Kress

Totally agree. Entire sub forums will be ignored. Again. Forum creep is a real thing and we need to nip it in the bud.

@Admin1 @Primeminister @Rocker @Swashbuckler
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

I like college and draft being merged.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Thanks for the feedback. I’m away from the battle tank right now but it’s apparent that some forum maintenance needs to happen.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Primeminister wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:13 pm I like college and draft being merged.
That’s an easy one. Agree. Worked perfect at BZ.
Dread

Post by Dread »

I agree Kress.
PanteraCanes

Post by PanteraCanes »

Consider this my upvote for Kress because I can’t upvote in this thread.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Put a limit on how many fit in the box and let inactivity drop them to another page. Give admin there own spot behind one click. I remember going back in the pages to see how we talked about the draft and games from the different years.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

One would think the 2021 NFL would stay on the front page all year and the missing 2021 BUC NFL would be there too. The rest would be ideas of members choosing not to have their thoughts cluttered in those two. It would be good to have weekly stuff to fall off the board and members could always use the dates to review things that were said and talked about back then.

We seem to have a week game discussion and then a game day discussion and then a reaction discussion. Maybe all could be moved into their historical box. Example week 2 joins week 1 and week 3 starts. You could still talk about week one and two but they would stay where they were moved.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

FWIW.. I like the separation of Religion and Politics..

I do like the combination of college and draft.. they are pretty related and tend to cross over post season
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Kress wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:40 pm If you ask me, the board has too many sub-forums.

I get keeping politics separated from regular off topic, because experience has shown it is an animal unto itself, but 5 off-topic sub-forums? An entirely separate one for guns & ammo? Much less religion and "hard hitting" - whatever that is. I mean, nobody is going to be in the middle of an argument in any given thread and announce: "You know what, let's take this to hard-hitting."

Dividing the NFL into Bucs and all other teams also seems counterproductive. It's not like we hammer "other team" threads around here, and if one is worth talking about - like a Watson or Rodgers type of situation - a thread on it in TD is not going to kill the joint or get in the way of Bucs discussion. If a thread concerning another team stays at the top, it is because people are interested. Once they are not, or once Bucs game day arrives, it will sink on its own. Let that organically do what it's going to do. (edit: I just looked and, right now, there is a Browns thread and another for "all 32." Two relevant threads.)

Considering we are a football-based board, the college thing is even worse. There is one main college football thread in "other sports," but then if I want to talk about a specific player, I have to go over to "draft?" When do people talk about the draft other than offseason, unless they're commenting on a player currently playing in college games, in which case its college football discussion, unless they want us to keep an eye on that player in future games, in which case is draft talk about college football so..... for f's sake.

The tickets and fantasy and stuff - there aren't enough threads about those things to lose track of anything relevant. If the "tickets to the Falcons game" thread is below two fantasy ones, plus a survivor thread and another about an autographed helmet for sale, I'll still find it pretty easily. How many threads sit on a front page? Team Discussions hasn't even rolled over yet. Put that stuff in one place.

If it was me, I'd say, for a football message board, and with the known history of us peoples:

Bucs/NFL
College Football/Draft
Other Sports
Fantasy/Games/Tickets/Merchandise
Off Topic
Politics & Religion (or put as an OT sub)

The end.

You can have a few busy forums with lots of activity, or a dozen half-dead ones. I think choice A is the clear winner there.
Mods are working on this now. Thank you for the input.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Forum looks great cleaned up.

Thanks for making it happen.
Kress

Post by Kress »

^^^^^
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

Snake wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:56 pm Forum creep is a real thing and we need to nip it in the bud.
Kenda's already registered here, nothing we can do. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BTW if you're involved with the BucZone forum in any capacity please kindly recuse yourself from making any suggestions on this place.

Not saying, just saying.
Patrick McIrish

PS - I'll be happy to donate some money if the team tells no one about it.....

I don't want to change my reputation, the real PMI would be PISSED!
Snake

Post by Snake »

Patrick McIrish wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:57 pm
Snake wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:56 pm Forum creep is a real thing and we need to nip it in the bud.

BTW if you're involved with the BucZone forum in any capacity please kindly recuse yourself from making any suggestions on this place.

Not saying, just saying.
My only involvement is trying to get the last stragglers over here. Wasn’t a mod, owner, or anything related.
Patrick McIrish

Snake wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm

Not saying, just saying.
My only involvement is trying to get the last stragglers over here. Wasn’t a mod, owner, or anything related.

I'm certain of it. My comment was in no way directed to you.

Just a general opinion......

If you SUCK at something just pass when the advice basket is passed around.

Idiots.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Snake wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm

Not saying, just saying.
They will come when they are ready to... or they won't. Would love to have them here, but something is holding them back, be it loyalty to BucZone, or not liking some of the people here. I dunno... And I don't think the staff is going to get rid of any particular poster just because someone doesn't like them.

Hopefully, they show up/return. We need diversity, do we not?
Snake

Post by Snake »

@Moozician @Swashbuckler @Primeminister @Rocker

Executus, a member from BZ, is trying to register but it’s saying he’s banned? Maybe it’s an IP range thing? He’s from Denmark.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Snake wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:57 am @Moozician @Swashbuckler @Primeminister @Rocker

Executus, a member from BZ, is trying to register but it’s saying he’s banned? Maybe it’s an IP range thing? He’s from Denmark.
A person posted some spammy bullshit in Cyrillic last week, and the google translate confirmed it was spam, so that user was banned. I’ll look into it. Thanks for the heads up.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Has Sammich been around lately?
Dread

Post by Dread »

Snake wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:57 am @Moozician @Swashbuckler @Primeminister @Rocker

Fuck the Danes!! :D
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Dread wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:57 am

Fuck the Danes!! :D
Solid life motto
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

He’s registered.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Rocker wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:12 pmHe’s registered.
Great
PanteraCanes

Post by PanteraCanes »

DraftLine also in Denmark having the same issue.