SuperBowl LVI thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
CantonJester

Re: SuperBowl LVI thread

Post by CantonJester »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:20 pm
CantonJester wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:18 pm

No he wasn't. He was a good pick, but Aaron Donald was obviously the freak athlete in the draft.
Cool story... no Evans, no Super Bowl.
:lol:

You're not that bright.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

CantonJester wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:26 pm
Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:20 pm

Cool story... no Evans, no Super Bowl.
:lol:

You're not that bright.
I'm the dumb mother fucker?.. right... dipshit.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

CantonJester wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:22 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:20 pm

Evans is awesome. It's a difficult arguement to say he was not a great pick. Just because 1 player was better using hindsight.
It's not hindsight for me. I wanted Donald. They took Evans. I mean, it's hard to regret it given that Brady bailed Tampa Bay out with a SB victory last year, but yeah. Donald was the pick.
Doesn't matter what you wanted. It's still using hindsight. There have been a ton of calls for players like Darren McFadden, Ron Brace, John Ross, or Winston Justice that people don't bring up.

Evans is likely a HoF player that helped us win a SB. Yes, in a historical and position context Donald is better, but there's so many factors like coaching and scheme that it's impossible to say he'd have ended up the same player.

Donald ended up the better player, Evans was a great pick. Both can be true.

It's an idiotic thing to sulk on.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:26 pm Biggest and worst bad ref call/non call was by far the Higgins TD against Ramsey. Not only did he pull Ramsey to the ground, he also grabbed and pulled his face mask. It resulted in a TD for him. That never should've been a TD.
It was really bad and incredibly obvious, but early enough in the game to be overcome... to call a phantom PI at that juncture was game breaking. Some real tin hat shit.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:28 pm

It's not hindsight for me. I wanted Donald. They took Evans. I mean, it's hard to regret it given that Brady bailed Tampa Bay out with a SB victory last year, but yeah. Donald was the pick.
Doesn't matter what you wanted. It's still using hindsight. There have been a ton of calls for players like Darren McFadden, Ron Brace, John Ross, or Winston Justice that people don't bring up.

Evans is likely a HoF player that helped us win a SB. Yes, in a historical and position context Donald is better, but there's so many factors like coaching and scheme that it's impossible to say he'd have ended up the same player.

Donald was always going to be the better player. This isn't even debatable.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

CantonJester wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:30 pm

LOL, ok
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

I'm not sulking on it - just pointing out that the team that drafted Winston took Evans instead of Aaron Donald. Brady bailed them out though, so that's cool.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

It always comes down to what did WE need to win. At the time we needed Evans in the worst way. Only had an aging VJ. That shit head can't see it for what it is.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:30 pm
CantonJester wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:30 pm

LOL, ok
Nobody ever doubted Donald's motor. He was always going to be this. If you're surprised, then you're either in denial or just uninformed.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:31 pm

It always comes down to what did WE need to win. At the time we needed Evans in the worst way. Only had an aging VJ. That shit head can't see it for what it is.
I get what happened. Btw, WE also didn't have a QB.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

CantonJester wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:31 pm I'm not sulking on it - just pointing out that the team that drafted Winston took Evans instead of Aaron Donald. Brady bailed them out though, so that's cool.
Donald wasn't some once in a generation prospect. He was good, but flawed. Hence why he went 13th and not first overall. Many were worried by his size and lack of success against the run.

Evans was seen as the guy that carried Manziel to his success, someone that could elevate bad QB play. It was 100% accurate.

Plus, as others said, we had Mccoy.

There's logic to picking Evans over him and it worked out for us.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

CantonJester wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:33 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:30 pm

LOL, ok
Nobody ever doubted Donald's motor. He was always going to be this. If you're surprised, then you're either in denial or just uninformed.
You are reshaping history.

I was a massive fan of his, pre-draft, but he had a ton of questions.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:35 pm
CantonJester wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:31 pm I'm not sulking on it - just pointing out that the team that drafted Winston took Evans instead of Aaron Donald. Brady bailed them out though, so that's cool.
Donald wasn't some once in a generation prospect. He was good, but flawed. Hence why he went 13th and not first overall. Many were worried by his size and lack of success against the run.

Evans was seen as the guy that carried Manziel to his success, someone that could elevate bad QB play. It was 100% accurate.

Evans was a safe pick, yet could've been had in most drafts since. If you don't think Donald was who he turned out to be, then you missed out on what he was capable of becoming. His floor was Sapp.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:36 pm
CantonJester wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:33 pm

You are reshaping history.

I was a massive fan of his, pre-draft, but he had a ton of questions.
His questions were rote bullshit. "Might not have the size." "Too handsy." Screw that nonsense. The only thing you had to wonder about was if his heart was going to explode.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Yeah it’s too bad Joe Burrow didn’t win the Super Bowl. His OL played like horseshit! They gave up 9+ sacks!!!
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:16 pm
Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:15 pm

Ramsey had that blatant one on the goal line... no call.
Or the Bengals receiver on Ramsey for the early TD. Face maksed him to the ground.
The biggest difference it that last f'd up phantom PI call is it occurred at the end of the game and definitely was a huge factor in the final result of the game. Terrible, terrible, terrible. Teams have time to overcome missed calls early in the game, but little to no chance when the F it up at the end of a game. Shame on the officials here.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Moozician wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:20 pm Damn, I hate Cooper Kupp.
Why? Dude is great at his craft. He's fun to watch. I wish he was on our team.
Don't tread on me
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I like the Rams players. I FUCKING HATE THE RAMS team. 1979, 1999, 2021. Fuck the Rams!
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:26 pm Biggest and worst bad ref call/non call was by far the Higgins TD against Ramsey. Not only did he pull Ramsey to the ground, he also grabbed and pulled his face mask. It resulted in a TD for him. That never should've been a TD.
2nd biggest. But big nonetheless. There was a ton of time for the Rams to overcome that missed call and, in fact, they did. But only because of another official mistake that effectively sealed the game for the Rams. Guess that was their makeup call, eh?
Don't tread on me
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

CantonJester wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:42 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:35 pm

Evans was a safe pick, yet could've been had in most drafts since. If you don't think Donald was who he turned out to be, then you missed out on what he was capable of becoming. His floor was Sapp.
Name one that’s had 1000 yard seasons every year.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Ramsey stays getting beat on the biggest stages.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Snake wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:46 am Ramsey stays getting beat on the biggest stages.
Fuck that, Tom Brady final touchdown pass was icing on the cake
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Phantom wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:03 am Yeah it’s too bad Joe Burrow didn’t win the Super Bowl. His OL played like horseshit! They gave up 9+ sacks!!!
A lot of those sacks came from him pussyfooting around back there and not getting rid of the goddamn ball!!!!

But the biggest idiot on this stage is Zac Taylor. 4 and out at midfield in the first quarter spotting the Rams an early TD, then on 4th and a half yard with 43 second left, you line Burrow up in the shotgun and THROW it??

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THIS MORON THINKING???
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
nybf

Post by nybf »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:19 am Shame on the officials here.
You didn't think the game was about the players, did you? Who do you think millions around the world tuned in to watch?
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Snake wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:46 am Ramsey stays getting beat on the biggest stages.
He did an alright job though. He gambled on the big play to Chase in the 2 minute drill. It didn’t work as Chase is already a top 5 receiver.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Almost forgot - no unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Donald for taking his helmet off on the field after that sack. Didn't LVD get one of those?
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

nybf wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:56 am Almost forgot - no unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Donald for taking his helmet off on the field after that sack. Didn't LVD get one of those?
No, he didn't. Many said he should have.

Carlton Davis got one against Philly.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Maybe that was the one I was thinking of. I know we got fucked with one of them.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

nybf wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:05 am Maybe that was the one I was thinking of. I know we got fucked with one of them.
David's was one that many said "The refs were favoring us" because he threw it on the ground after Kupp caught that wide open TD.

edit: It would have been pointless to call it on Donald in the grand scheme of things. They would have just been kneeling from 15 yards further back, but it does show how poor the refs are about calling things consistently.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Defense5599 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:30 am
Phantom wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:03 am Yeah it’s too bad Joe Burrow didn’t win the Super Bowl. His OL played like horseshit! They gave up 9+ sacks!!!
A lot of those sacks came from him pussyfooting around back there and not getting rid of the goddamn ball!!!!

But the biggest idiot on this stage is Zac Taylor. 4 and out at midfield in the first quarter spotting the Rams an early TD, then on 4th and a half yard with 43 second left, you line Burrow up in the shotgun and THROW it??

Yup, agreed with 4th and one…

I’m happy for Matt Stafford tho.He deserves it.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Phantom wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:36 am
Defense5599 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:30 am

Yup, agreed with 4th and one…

I’m happy for Matt Stafford tho.He deserves it.
They ran it on third and one and got nothing.
Sometimes the best player wins the game.
Snake

Post by Snake »

The team with multiple established HOFers won. Big surprise.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Ouch, Odell Beckham torn ACL again
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

PetePierson wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:44 pm Cincy needs to throw the max to both Jensen and Cappa.

Problem solved. And they have the room to do so.... but even if they did that still need a 3rd FA OL.
They’ve got the money to do that and potentially grab Scherff from whatever Washington calls themselves now and turn a weakness into a strength.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Aaron Donald triple team. Greatest Defensive player ever