Flores suing the NFL

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Buc2

Re: Flores suing the NFL

Post by Buc2 »

Way to throw dirt on a fellow black coach. Lovie wasn't hired because they thought he deserved it but because they didn't want to give the job to you for...reasons.
Don't tread on me
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:18 am

Way to throw dirt on a fellow black coach. Lovie wasn't hired because they thought he deserved it but because they didn't want to give the job to you for...reasons.
Brian Flores "This cause is bigger than me"

also Brian Flores "Look at me not getting a job because I'm standing up for a cause that is bigger than me"
Dread

Post by Dread »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:18 am

I get it, when you consider yourself "God's gift" to your industry (coaching football) as Flores as stated, it must be racism to explain why you're not getting what you feel entitled to.

It's totally isn't possible that many of his peers feel this guy is insufferable and he certainly doesn't come across that way. ;)
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Pretty sure that job would've been his had he not bit the hand that feeds.

Imagine throwing a tantrum for not getting to coach the freaking Giants.
OneBuc

Post by OneBuc »

The Texans appear to be doing a similar "suck for draft choices" by hiring Lovie Smith - a completely ridiculous move, imo - especially after his Bucs' and Illinois jobs. Texans fans have to be completely dismayed.
Dread

Post by Dread »

OneBuc wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:04 am The Texans appear to be doing a similar "suck for draft choices" by hiring Lovie Smith - a completely ridiculous move, imo - especially after his Bucs' and Illinois jobs. Texans fans have to be completely dismayed.
They know they aren't competing in 2022 for anything more than a few upsets.

Trade Watson for a truckload of picks (hopefully) + another likely top 3 overall pick in 2023 after being terrible again this season.

That roster has a talent void. They need alot of good young players.

By the start of 2023 they could have the foundation in place to be a good team if they do it right.

Rebuilds don't have to take a long time in the NFL. The Texans pretty much wasted 2021 though
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

OneBuc wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:04 am The Texans appear to be doing a similar "suck for draft choices" by hiring Lovie Smith - a completely ridiculous move, imo - especially after his Bucs' and Illinois jobs. Texans fans have to be completely dismayed.
The dots some people are pointing to (in media) is that they are hiring black coaches, specifically, to tank. Flores, Hue Jackson, Lovie was here when we tanked the last game for Jameis, now Lovie for Houston. I am not going to spend energy on it, unless others can think of other black HCs that tanked for a season. It's a rumor, but maybe Flores's lawyer will try to make a case for it.
Snake

Post by Snake »

So now…it’s not that they aren’t hiring enough black coaches. It’s that the ones they hire are ALL fall guys? This is amazing.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Snake wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:35 pm So now…it’s not that they aren’t hiring enough black coaches. It’s that the ones they hire are ALL fall guys? This is amazing.
Would you bet a wooden nickel on Lovie still having his job February of 2024? How about 2023? I wouldn't.

Like Culley, he was hired to get fired. I don't want to get into the "race" thing here. I think Culley was fired with the intention of hiring Flores (remember, Flores is one of those New England guys who the Texans front office worked with in another life.) But Flores made himself toxic with the lawsuit. So they were left scrambling. They clearly wanted to hire McCown, but the optics were awful.

If the Texans had known Flores was going to file that lawsuit, Culley still likely has a job.

Like the Jags in a post I just wrote, the Texans fans don't deserve this. But they're going to have to endure it, just as we did Hugh Culverhouse.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

NFL Taps Loretta Lynch to Fend Off Brian Flores Bias Suit
Feb. 16, 2022, 12:52 PM; Updated: Feb. 16, 2022, 4:54 PM

The National Football League has hired former U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch to defend it in a high-profile race discrimination case filed earlier this month by former Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores.

Lynch, a partner at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, is working with the law firm’s chairman Brad Karp on the litigation, according to four sources familiar with the situation. The Dolphins, also named as a defendant in the Flores case, and their real estate billionaire owner Stephen Ross have turned to Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan litigator William Burck, the sources said.

Bruce Beal Jr., president of the Ross-controlled Related Cos., has right of first refusal to take control of the Dolphins. Beal is being represented by Boies Schiller Flexner partner Joshua Schiller—who returned to the firm last year after a three-month leave of absence stemming from domestic abuse charges that were later dropped—said three sources knowledgeable of the matter.

The NFL, Dolphins, Beal, and the three firms declined to comment.

Story continues: {Click here}
Don't tread on me
MJW

Post by MJW »

Flores was just hired as an assistant by the Steelers, who are known as a pretty progressive franchise (the Rooney Rule is literally named for their late owner, who championed it.)
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

When diversity in doubt, Loretta out.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Steelers continue to give themselves plot armor
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

MJW wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:44 pm Flores was just hired as an assistant by the Steelers, who are known as a pretty progressive franchise (the Rooney Rule is literally named for their late owner, who championed it.)
I'll bet that's going to sit well with Minkah Fitzpatrick. Maybe he'll demand another trade.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion