Flores suing the NFL

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Primeminister

Flores suing the NFL

Post by Primeminister »

This could turn out to be very ugly. The text messages from Belichick look bad. Looks like the Giants made their decision before interviewing Flores as a formality. The bigger story should be that Flores is claiming that Steven Ross offered to pay him $100K for every loss in his first season in order to tank.

Last edited by Primeminister on Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swashbuckler

Re: Flores suing the NFL

Post by Swashbuckler »

Ohhhhhhh SHIT
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

BLT

Post by BLT »

Holy. Shit.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Burn that shit down!!!
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Why Ross pay Flores 100k for every loss?

Just to tank?
Last edited by Phantom on Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

I hate that it's called racism as Daboll was probably the number 1 or 2 coaching candidate. Like if you have the perfect guy, not doing a token interview to comply with the Rooney rule isn't racist. The same thing happen to the Raiders with Gruden. When Gruden said he was interested, they leaped at it and the NFL investigated that they basically decided on hiring him before interviewing a minority candidate. I can't recall if they were punished or what it was.
BLT

Post by BLT »

Phantom wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:59 pm Why Ross pay Flores 100k for every loss?

Just to tank?
To tank for draft position
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

BLT wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:02 pm
Phantom wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:59 pm Why Ross pay Flores 100k for every loss?

Just to tank?
To tank for draft position
Yup. Which insiders said they were planning on doing at the time.
BLT

Post by BLT »

uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:59 pm I hate that it's called racism as Daboll was probably the number 1 or 2 coaching candidate. Like if you have the perfect guy, not doing a token interview to comply with the Rooney rule isn't racist. The same thing happen to the Raiders with Gruden. When Gruden said he was interested, they leaped at it and the NFL investigated that they basically decided on hiring him before interviewing a minority candidate. I can't recall if they were punished or what it was.
Get what you are saying but the Rooney Rule has created so many bogus interviews it has made the rule to combat racism in the NFL... well racist.
Snake

Post by Snake »

It seems Flores is comfortable never coaching in the NFL again
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

BLT wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:03 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:59 pm I hate that it's called racism as Daboll was probably the number 1 or 2 coaching candidate. Like if you have the perfect guy, not doing a token interview to comply with the Rooney rule isn't racist. The same thing happen to the Raiders with Gruden. When Gruden said he was interested, they leaped at it and the NFL investigated that they basically decided on hiring him before interviewing a minority candidate. I can't recall if they were punished or what it was.
Get what you are saying but the Rooney Rule has created so many bogus interviews it has made the rule to combat racism in the NFL... well racist.
Yep. The discovery phase will produce a consistent pattern.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I feel bad for Miami season ticket holders. They are sooo pissed
Snake

Post by Snake »

I’m also lol’ing at the alleged text messages between Flores and Belichick. Hahaha
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Snake wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:06 pm I’m also lol’ing at the alleged text messages between Flores and Belichick. Hahaha
Such a Belichick thing...especially signing off at the end with BB.

I already see some saying it was him trying to screw the Giants, but I think he's just that aloof.
BLT

Post by BLT »

Snake wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:05 pm It seems Flores is comfortable never coaching in the NFL again
I think he found something more fulfilling
BLT

Post by BLT »

uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:07 pm
Snake wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:06 pm I’m also lol’ing at the alleged text messages between Flores and Belichick. Hahaha
Such a Belichick thing...especially signing off at the end with BB.

I already see some saying it was him trying to screw the Giants, but I think he's just that aloof.
That was my first thought. They did beat him twice in the SB LOL
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

BLT wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:03 pm
They still did the interview, lol. Every year there are obvious interviews that everyone knows are "sham" interviews.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:09 pm They still did the interview, lol. Every year there are obvious interviews that everyone knows are "sham" interviews.
Would be really interesting to know what went on in that interview when Flores goes in with the knowledge of them hiring Daboll.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

I just saw that the Giant's first interview was Leslie Frasier, so they had covered their sham interview with one of the more popular annual names.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

Joe Ross texting a bribe to Flores to tank football games in order to procure a better draft pick in the 2020 draft (Burrow, anyone?) has to be one of the dumbest things I've seen a sports owner do in a long time (and that includes the Kraft rub-and-tug).
nybf

Post by nybf »

Snake wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:05 pm It seems Flores is comfortable never coaching in the NFL again
With the way he says he's been jerked around, why would he want to?

And when the dust settles, hell get enough $$ that he won't have to.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

If true, I hope Flores gets a 9+ digit payout. That's some grade A fuckwaddery, right there.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Rocker wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:34 pm If true, I hope Flores gets a 9+ digit payout. That's some grade A fuckwaddery, right there.
Same here.
BLT

Post by BLT »

Of course it's true. Finally there is concrete evidence.

Damn Tom hasn't even been retired one day and the fallout is crazy - NFL going to shit.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Phantom wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:05 pm I feel bad for Miami season ticket holders. They are sooo pissed
Can you imagine if the Glazers fired a coach because he won too much and wouldn’t tamper with a player. On the other hand imagine thinking “We could have had Burrow if only coach would have benched a few guys or called a few bullshit plays”.

Either way they’re pissed.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

BLT wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:41 pm Of course it's true. Finally there is concrete evidence.

Damn Tom hasn't even been retired one day and the fallout is crazy - NFL going to shit.
I didn’t see text messages from Steven Ross, but I believe he told Brian Flores to tank.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

This is why the Rooney Rule was never going to fix the issue. I don’t believe there is a legislative way to fix and it’s also insanely difficult to prove the reason qualified black coaches are skipped over.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

This doesn’t prove anything, but Flores was labeled “difficult to work with” based on his refusal to play ball with this bullshit. This brings to mind how often we keep hearing that Bienemy “interviews badly” as a reason he isn’t hired. Without evidence those become character assassinations that stick to the coaching candidate and are repeated even though there is no evidence for it.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

I don't know if this has legs.

It's not illegal to prefer one candidate over another during the interview process. I don't think that Flores has legal standing here. Saying the Giants were intimidated because he's a strong black man is preposterous and moreover very difficult to prove in court.

As far as the allegations of tanking, unless Flores has proof I doubt that goes anywhere as well. It comes down to he-said, she-said. Do I doubt it, not at all, but again it's difficult to prove to a judge.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Of course he doesn’t have a legal standing. Though they might pay him just to make it go away because this is child’s play to them. And he will be blackballed as a result
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Primeminister wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:49 pm This doesn’t prove anything, but Flores was labeled “difficult to work with” based on his refusal to play ball with this bullshit. This brings to mind how often we keep hearing that Bienemy “interviews badly” as a reason he isn’t hired. Without evidence those become character assassinations that stick to the coaching candidate and are repeated even though there is no evidence for it.

Bienemy has been unanimously been said to be awful at interviews for multiple teams had him at the top of their list until the interview...some of these teams then hired minority candidates. I think perception is reality is true with Bienemy. There's something he's doing terrible in those interviews. The only thing I've seen is that he has no specifics or focus. Just that he's going to win. He also, allegedly, has very little fine details on offensive plans too.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Snake wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:58 pm Of course he doesn’t have a legal standing. Though they might pay him just to make it go away because this is child’s play to them. And he will be blackballed as a result
Oh he is definitely done in the league. I think he had to know that before filing this lawsuit. My guess is he wanted to use those text messages and his situation to shine light on a situation most people already know is happening.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Coaching is a brotherhood. And he betrayed the deity of the brotherhood.

I understand his frustration. The Rooney rule definitely cuts both ways. But this just wasn’t the way to go to about it. He probably felt like he wasn’t being taken seriously by teams after being fired for the wrong reasons.

Go be a DC. Work on your personal problems. And get a head coaching job again in a couple years…
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:07 pm
Primeminister wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:49 pm This doesn’t prove anything, but Flores was labeled “difficult to work with” based on his refusal to play ball with this bullshit. This brings to mind how often we keep hearing that Bienemy “interviews badly” as a reason he isn’t hired. Without evidence those become character assassinations that stick to the coaching candidate and are repeated even though there is no evidence for it.

Bienemy has been unanimously been said to be awful at interviews for multiple teams had him at the top of their list until the interview...some of these teams then hired minority candidates. I think perception is reality is true with Bienemy. There's something he's doing terrible in those interviews. The only thing I've seen is that he has no specifics or focus. Just that he's going to win. He also, allegedly, has very little fine details on offensive plans too.
That may be true. EB could turn out to be another Joe Judge or any of the other 10 garbage coaches every year. The problem with believing the criticism is that the league has a crap history with hiring black coaches. Especially offensive minded black coaches.

We will probably never see EB coach in the league and unfortunately the league’s own history doesn’t afford them the benefit of the doubt.