When Does Gronk Announce His Retirement?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
BLT

Re: When Does Gronk Announce His Retirement?

Post by BLT »

uscbucsfan wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:49 pm
13F11B wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:42 pm

I see no matter how many times I expose nybf his puppets always come running to the thread. Good line though @nybf = @BLT. How many more troll puppets do you control to disrupt the board?
Yes, nybf is making everyone hate you...not how you are posting or responding.
NY got his britches so bunched he's just a straight douchebag to everyone for no reason.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I see no matter how many times I expose nybf his puppets always come running to the thread. Good line though @nybf = @BLT. How many more troll puppets do you control to disrupt the board?
No, it's more like a few people that are part of his little cabal of idiots.
BLT

Post by BLT »

13F11B wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:52 pm

It’s not a group man. Stop being paranoid.

Hell all of us have gotten into a disagreement with each other at some point.

You just handle it like such a puss.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

I hate this website.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

BLT wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:19 pm
13F11B wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:52 pm

I am so glad that I am not in middle school. Something for you to look forward too.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

13F11B wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:25 pm

I am so glad that I am not in middle school. Something for you to look forward too.
This is a troll type post. It's only going to bring ridicule and then you responding defensively.
BLT

Post by BLT »

Rocker wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:21 pm I hate this website.
:lol:
BLT

Post by BLT »

I miss the rolling smiley head from the OG board.
nybf

Post by nybf »

BLT wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:19 pm

You're probably not allowed within 500' of a middle school.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

BLT wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:38 pm I guess no matter how many people Rocker boots (get it?) there always has to be a heel.
Maybe I'm old but the idea of multiple accounts sounds exhuasting.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Doctor wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:35 pm

Maybe I'm old but the idea of multiple accounts sounds exhuasting.
I agree with you. Then again, I do not understand trolls.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Gronk was here for Brady, and I was all for it. The hate for the greatest duo of all time was laughable. He got 2 TDs in the SB.

I don't think Gronk catches passes from anyone not Brady. Funny enough if Brady ever unretired I wouldn't be surprised if Gronk did as well. Overall I don't know how great Gronk would be without Brady given how much that chemistry added to his value. Will Trask, of whoever is our QB, even throw to him? Who knows.

If by some craziness he wants to keep playing, I'd take him at his current salary every day of the week. He isn't even paid top 10, yet I'd be hard press to name 10 TEs better.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Defense5599 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:05 pm
MJW wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:57 pm

I've been having this argument with my son. He insist Gronk is the greatest TE ever. I give the nod to Gonzalez, who revolutionized the position and was consistent and productive as any player in NFL history over that span of time. Gronk would likely have to play 8-9 more healthy years to catch Tony G's yardage.
He did break Tony G's record for most career 100 yard receiving games by a TE this year. Of course having the argument with your son explains everything as he probably never got to see Tony G play. I'm having a similar argument with my son over who is the greatest NBA player of all time. He insists it's LeBron but he never got to see Air Jordan play and never observed the way the game was played back then.
The best basketball player ever and you are talking about Jordan vs Lebron?

it's Wilt Chamberlain and it's not close.

For my money, Gronk is the best ever. Maybe, maybe, some other guys were a little better as receivers but none were the total package like Gronk. There was no aspect of playing TE that he wasn't capable of playing at a Hall of Fame. He could catch passes with the best of them and he could block like a 6th offensive tackle. He was a great team guy and he has the awards and rings to back it all up.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I like to distinguish best from greatest. Best is who have the highest peak, greatest is who had the biggest mountain.

IMO, Jordan is the best, Lebron is the greatest. Jordan would take a good team higher and be harder to beat than LeBron would. But LeBron would take a bad team further than Jordan could. Jordan has be bigger killer instinct and I'd take him on a 1 on 1 in his prime over anybody (See the Greatest Game No One Saw). At the same time, they called Brady and "system guy" for years, how many rings does Jordan have without Phil Jackson? Without Pippen? Outside these guys what was he? A lead scorer, sure, a Damian Lillard or James Harden type, but we don't speak of them in GOAT talks. What if Jordan went to the Trailblazers? LeBron has won in multiple cities, with different coaches, and dozens of different teammates. He went to the freaking Cavs and still wrote his legacy.
Best: Jordan Greatest: LeBron

Similar with Gronk and Tony G
If you remove the TE tag, Tony G has a legit claim to one of the best pass-catchers of all time after Rice. He was #2 in receptions behind Rice for years before Larry Fitz overtook him. As a TE. That's insane. At their peak, Gronk was better on the field, a mismatch nightmare and godly blocker. But he was also on the sideline as often as he was on the field, while Tony G was an iron man. I think it's more than fair to say Gronks peak is far higher, but Tony G as a career was longers, healthier, and greater. Of course, I'm putting far less weight on rings given they are a team accomplishment (and he had the GOAT) and this is a peer to peer comparison.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

nybf wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:32 pm

You're probably not allowed within 500' of a middle school.
uscbucsfan wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:26 pm This is a troll type post. It's only going to bring ridicule and then you responding defensively.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

BLT wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:51 pm

NY got his britches so bunched he's just a straight douchebag to everyone for no reason.
uscbucsfan wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:26 pm This is a troll type post. It's only going to bring ridicule and then you responding defensively.
Don't tread on me