Bug Reporting

Activities concerning the forum itself
Rocker

Bug Reporting

Post by Rocker »

Please use this thread for all issues with currently enabled features.
Deja Entendu

Re: Bug Reporting

Post by Deja Entendu »

Not sure if it’s just me, but I keep getting logged out despite clicking the remember me box
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Deja Entendu wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:07 pm Not sure if it’s just me, but I keep getting logged out despite clicking the remember me box
I've not had any issues on phone or computer.

Which browser are you using ?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Deja Entendu wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:07 pm Not sure if it’s just me, but I keep getting logged out despite clicking the remember me box
On phone?

I noticed I get logged out of message board type environments when I get on and off WiFi for some reason.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

This site is coming up as “Not Secure” just FYI

*EDIT* now it is coming up secure. That was strange
Last edited by Babeinbucland on Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Weirdly this happened to me with some frequency on the other board but not at all on this one
I said what I said

Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Snake wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:53 am
On phone?

I noticed I get logged out of message board type environments when I get on and off WiFi for some reason.
Your IP address changes from WiFi to cellular and back again. I’m fairly certain that’s what causes it.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Babeinbucland wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:53 am This site is coming up as “Not Secure” just FYI

*EDIT* now it is coming up secure. That was strange
It’s a fairly new SSL token. It happened to quite a few people.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Rocker wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:54 am
Snake wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:53 am

On phone?

Your IP address changes from WiFi to cellular and back again. I’m fairly certain that’s what causes it.
Ah that’s gotta be it then. I’m pretty exclusively on here on mobile.

Gracias.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

I tried to update my sig to be my IAS sig. I pull it from FB and the link is 291 characters.

There is a limitation of 255 :(

I pulled a second one which looks odd (and a little large) ..
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Crocaneers wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:16 pm I tried to update my sig to be my IAS sig. I pull it from FB and the link is 291 characters.

It's an image size limitation based on sig restrictions, my guy. I'm gonna ask the wifey to take the image and modify it to the sig standards. Okay to email you the results?
Snake

Post by Snake »

You can either smoosh* the whole thing into the size restraints or a 400x70 segment can be cropped out of it. The latter is my suggestion.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Rocker wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:17 pm
Crocaneers wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:16 pm I tried to update my sig to be my IAS sig. I pull it from FB and the link is 291 characters.

It's an image size limitation based on sig restrictions, my guy. I'm gonna ask the wifey to take the image and modify it to the sig standards. Okay to email you the results?
Sorry to confuse .. I have several sig sized jpegs that I have used on BZ (and before).. when I do the copy image link and then paste here the link is over 255 characters

I can take the larger one out but wasn't sure if something wasn't correct

@Snake
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Crocaneers wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:47 am
Rocker wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:17 pm

Sorry to confuse .. I have several sig sized jpegs that I have used on BZ (and before).. when I do the copy image link and then paste here the link is over 255 characters

@Snake
Oh gotcha. I’ll take a look at modifying the settings as soon as I can
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Rocker wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:12 am
Crocaneers wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:47 am

@Snake
Oh gotcha. I’ll take a look at modifying the settings as soon as I can
Don't fret .. just toss it on a list .. I regressed back to Spring ;)

You have more important duties to decimate
Snake

Post by Snake »

We can just find another image hosting site with shorter urls
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Snake wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:33 am We can just find another image hosting site with shorter urls
I do miss Photobucket

Please suggest/ recommend, and I can lead the charge. I knew FB wasn't an option, I just got lazy and it worked prior
Snake

Post by Snake »

Crocaneers wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:27 am
Snake wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:33 am We can just find another image hosting site with shorter urls
I do miss Photobucket

Please suggest/ recommend, and I can lead the charge. I knew FB wasn't an option, I just got lazy and it worked prior
Options are becoming increasingly limited.

imgur.com/upload
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Snake wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:55 am

I do miss Photobucket

Options are becoming increasingly limited.

imgur.com/upload
Yup, that’s what I use.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Don't know if this is the right place to inquire, or even if the inquiry is legitimate but....

this seems redundant, and probably cannot be undone but, this confuses Jon's empty head. Is it necessary to have the poster's moniker repeated in this fashion. Occasionally I will see this and briefly think there is a missing post or something.

http://www.itsabucslife.com/download/fi ... view&id=86

I'm sure it's just me, and I am quibbling, but there you go
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Push the damned button already!
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

I do miss Photobucket

I use Imgur since Photobucket went belly up.
Don't tread on me
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

IronDog wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:34 pm Don't know if this is the right place to inquire, or even if the inquiry is legitimate but....

this seems redundant, and probably cannot be undone but, this confuses Jon's empty head. Is it necessary to have the poster's moniker repeated in this fashion. Occasionally I will see this and briefly think there is a missing post or something.

I don't have the coding chops to rewrite that. Or rather, to be more sincere; unless it's a big issue for the majority of posters, I'm not going to spend what free time I have chasing down the way to rewrite the code via GoogleFu. If I stumble across an easy fix, I'll handle it. But there's still a backlog of things to be done, my work schedule is brutal through the end of the year, and now I have even less of a weekend than I previously had for the foreseeable future.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Rocker wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:29 pm
IronDog wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:34 pm Don't know if this is the right place to inquire, or even if the inquiry is legitimate but....

I don't have the coding chops to rewrite that. Or rather, to be more sincere; unless it's a big issue for the majority of posters, I'm not going to spend what free time I have chasing down the way to rewrite the code via GoogleFu. If I stumble across an easy fix, I'll handle it. But there's still a backlog of things to be done, my work schedule is brutal through the end of the year, and now I have even less of a weekend than I previously had for the foreseeable future.
No worries, dude. What you guys have done up to this point in such a short time is nothing short of fantastic. This was just an observation. I can live with it. So either put the "concern" at the bottom of the list, or on a different piece of paper all together.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Could have been one time only

I'm traveling and got an IP ban message

Obviously I'm on now just wanted to mention
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Crocaneers wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:42 pm Could have been one time only

I'm traveling and got an IP ban message

Obviously I'm on now just wanted to mention
Working on it.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Curious, but do I need to adjust some setting to see these embedded twitter shots? When I read a thread that someone embedded a twitter post I get a blue blob of text I can not read against the dark grey background (I think it reads Loading Tweet). Now, if I turn around and left click on the blue blob, it opens a new tab and pulls up the twitter post. Fine, but what's the point of having an embedded link like this?

http://www.itsabucslife.com/download/fi ... iew&id=115
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PanteraCanes

Post by PanteraCanes »

IronDog wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:31 am Curious, but do I need to adjust some setting to see these embedded twitter shots? When I read a thread that someone embedded a twitter post I get a blue blob of text I can not read against the dark grey background (I think it reads Loading Tweet). Now, if I turn around and left click on the blue blob, it opens a new tab and pulls up the twitter post. Fine, but what's the point of having an embedded link like this?

It all loads fine with me. I wonder if you have a setting blocking it? I use an iPad to view here.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

IronDog wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:31 am Curious, but do I need to adjust some setting to see these embedded twitter shots? When I read a thread that someone embedded a twitter post I get a blue blob of text I can not read against the dark grey background (I think it reads Loading Tweet). Now, if I turn around and left click on the blue blob, it opens a new tab and pulls up the twitter post. Fine, but what's the point of having an embedded link like this?

@IronDog sorry for the late response, work has been hell the last few days. Shoot me a DM if you're still having issues, and once it's resolved we can post the solution here.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Yeah, almost positive it’s a browser/security issue on ID’s end.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Do they load at all for you? I've noticed a couple times the link has been slow to load and I get that same message. If I wait a few seconds, it pops up. It's been rare, but I have noticed it.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Sorry for the delay. I got "requested" to drop everything and drive up to Nashville to the gut-issue clinic yesterday before lunch. And instead of being able to head back to Huntspatch before the crowds, they decided I needed to stick around all day until 5 to drink a couple containers of radioactive goo and have a CT Scan. Joy of joys.

Anyhoo, no, NY, I could sit for hours, it seems, and they tweets don't evolve from the Loading Tweet notice. And as indicated in my original querry, I suspect it has something to do on my end. Unfortunately, my 60-yr old mind doesn't know enough about these stupid boxes to know what adjustment to make, just enough to truly fuck them up beyond fixing. Hence the question. Thanks.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Snake wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:54 pm Yeah, almost positive it’s a browser/security issue on ID’s end.
I looked thru the User Profile and Control Panel trying to find some setting to change, but nothing. I had assumed it was a setting on my end, but I'm obviously not savvy enough to find it. Hence the original post. I keep waiting for the "Tweet Loading" process to complete, but I don't think it should take hours. I have seen the delayed loading of images before, but that usually takes only a handful of seconds. Anyway, just looking for a solution, should one of you wizards (or wizzards, if you like) conjure up one.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Try clearing your cache and cookies.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

No change. Damn. I guess I'm just gonna have to live with it.
PanteraCanes

Post by PanteraCanes »

IronDog wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:08 am No change. Damn. I guess I'm just gonna have to live with it.
Do you have different devices you can try on?