Bug Reporting

Activities concerning the forum itself
_MB_

Re: Bug Reporting

Post by _MB_ »

Rocker wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:02 pm This is under investigation, because fuck math.
It's spelled "Obungunwale".
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Primeminister wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:59 pm @Buc2 @Snake thanks for reporting it. Working on it.
Any progress on this?
Don't tread on me
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Buc2 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:09 am
Primeminister wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:59 pm @Buc2 @Snake thanks for reporting it. Working on it.
Any progress on this?
I've sent some emails to the PHPBB admins. No response as yet.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or due to some setting in my user control panel. Whenever someone posts a tweet, all I see is a white screen with the words "Loading tweet...," but it never loads. Of course, I can click on it and it will open the tweet on Twitter.

Iirc, I used to be able to see the actual tweet.
Don't tread on me
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Buc2 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:23 am I'm not sure if this is a bug or due to some setting in my user control panel. Whenever someone posts a tweet, all I see is a white screen with the words "Loading tweet...," but it never loads. Of course, I can click on it and it will open the tweet on Twitter.

I’m not seeing that on my end. Have you tried logging out completely then logging back in?
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Primeminister wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:49 am
Buc2 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:23 am I'm not sure if this is a bug or due to some setting in my user control panel. Whenever someone posts a tweet, all I see is a white screen with the words "Loading tweet...," but it never loads. Of course, I can click on it and it will open the tweet on Twitter.

I’m not seeing that on my end. Have you tried logging out completely then logging back in?
Oh yeah. This has been going on for a few weeks now. That's why I wondered if it might be some setting in my control panel.
Don't tread on me
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

It's most likely a plug-in issue with the extension. I will look into it tomorrow.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

I broke the boards trying to fix the log in issue. Had to recover from restore point. My apologies for lost posts/conversations.
Mod LV

Post by Mod LV »

You know what? You know what happens when you try to fix login errors and crash the whole board? We lose invaluable content from an unremembered day. When you break shit to completely fix another issue that's another issue?

Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Mod LV wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:44 pm You know what? You know what happens when you try to fix login errors and crash the whole board? We lose invaluable content from an unremembered day. When you break shit to completely fix another issue that's another issue?

I’ve got a fucking list and you’re on it now. Right next to Pedro.

:shock:
Snake

Post by Snake »

Mod LV wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:44 pm You know what? You know what happens when you try to fix login errors and crash the whole board? We lose invaluable content from an unremembered day. When you break shit to completely fix another issue that's another issue?

My employer will be very upset about the 30 minutes I wasted of their time looking into the patriots coaching history. Now lost in time. Like tears in rain.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Rocker wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:12 pm It's most likely a plug-in issue with the extension. I will look into it tomorrow.
As I said before you broke the fucking place ( :lol: ), I found the solution to the twitter embeds not working on my computer. It was, indeed, a Chrome extension. Fuze for Chrome to be exact. I found it by turning off all my extensions, then turning them on one by one until I found the culprit. To resolve, I simply have to turn that extension off manually or set it to only allow Fuze to run on pages when I click on the extension button. I chose the latter and everything works fine now.

Thanks for giving me the idea, though. I'd have never thought about checking extensions if you hadn't mentioned that.

As for the login issue, I have no idea. Maybe let me create a new account, temporarily of course, and see if that account has the same issue. If it does, then we know the problem is on my end and has nothing to do with the site. It's definitely not a browser issue, though. I have the same issue with Chrome, Safari and MS Edge. Anyway, just a thought.
Don't tread on me
nybf

Post by nybf »

The captcha thing is because at one point, you had to log in multiple times for whatever reason. It happened to me at one point here.

Once you've hit that max number, every time you log back in is one more login attempt after you've maxed out. It's a weird setting that was also an issue on BZ. I never figured out a way to "reset" that counter for people. The only thing I was able to do was go into the settings (somewhere, it's been so long I really have no clue where to look, but it's there) and increase the number of max login attempts. I think I made it 10 or maybe 15.

Increasing that should at least solve that piece of the problem.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

nybf wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:27 am The captcha thing is because at one point, you had to log in multiple times for whatever reason. It happened to me at one point here.

Once you've hit that max number, every time you log back in is one more login attempt after you've maxed out. It's a weird setting that was also an issue on BZ. I never figured out a way to "reset" that counter for people. The only thing I was able to do was go into the settings (somewhere, it's been so long I really have no clue where to look, but it's there) and increase the number of max login attempts. I think I made it 10 or maybe 15.

Plenty of websites have a max out feature. Some auto-reset after a certain amount of time passes. Some require you to change your password. Some make you contact them to reset it. I've never seen any that never reset.

And...Hey! I may have just stumbled onto the solution by replying to you. I haven't tried changing my password to see if that makes this problem go away. I'm going to do that now.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Buc2 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:59 pm
nybf wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:27 am The captcha thing is because at one point, you had to log in multiple times for whatever reason. It happened to me at one point here.

Plenty of websites have a max out feature. Some auto-reset after a certain amount of time passes. Some require you to change your password. Some make you contact them to reset it. I've never seen any that never reset.

And...Hey! I may have just stumbled onto the solution by replying to you. I haven't tried changing my password to see if that makes this problem go away. I'm going to do that now.
Okay. That didn't work, so I have asked for a password reset to see if that will make this go away. It's been a few minutes but no reset email has come to me yet. If/when it does, we'll see.
Don't tread on me
nybf

Post by nybf »

Buc2 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:59 pm

Plenty do. But it only clicked because that was also an issue I had to deal with on BZ and the forum software is the same. This is obviously a much newer version, so it must be some sort of known bug. I think it's part of the reason Plinko stopped posting. They were having that same captcha login problem, and eventually stopped coming around.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

You do know half the degenerates on this site are not going to figure that captchya out right?
nybf

Post by nybf »

Digital_Damage wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:40 pm You do know half the degenerates on this site are not going to figure that captchya out right?
nybf wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:03 pm @Primeminister

Maybe make the math problem harder if they're not getting the hint.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

nybf wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:55 pm
Digital_Damage wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:40 pm You do know half the degenerates on this site are not going to figure that captchya out right?
nybf wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:03 pm @Primeminister

Maybe make the math problem harder if they're not getting the hint.
I keep trying. The assholes are getting help on their homework.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Primeminister wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:16 pm
nybf wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:55 pm

So, turn off the helper bot or….?
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Rocker wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:31 pm
Primeminister wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:16 pm

@uscbucsfan is having login issues. He's clinging to the life raft at Buczone.

@Primeminister
@Mod LV
@MOD TB12
@Mod9
@ModX
Snake

Post by Snake »

I had some issues too but they resolved somehow.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

More people that can't take the hint.
Don't tread on me
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Lol ok that was funny
I said what I said

Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

_MB_ wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:11 am
Rocker wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:31 pm

@Primeminister
@Mod LV
@MOD TB12
@Mod9
@ModX
Is this still happening?
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Primeminister wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:55 pm
_MB_ wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:11 am

@Primeminister
@Mod LV
@MOD TB12
@Mod9
@ModX
Is this still happening?
Think so
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

I've approved his (new) account.

I advise all users to delete site cookies and clear cache (shift + F5). Should help. I'm fighting a sinus infection but plan to implement some coding over the weekend that will either clear the issue or help zero in on the cause. I completely understand the frustration and feel it doubly from the admin side. Thank you all for not obliterating my inbox while I juggle life and this website. Lord knows I haven't been so kind to the phpbb folks.
Snake

Post by Snake »

So what happened to the old account exactly?
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Snake wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:47 pm So what happened to the old account exactly?
Admin tools aren't showing any issues. I DMd him to ask for clarification on the exact problem he's encountering.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Meanwhile, having to figure out the square root of a not-so-random number to log on is still ongoing. I refuse to take the hint, @nybf. :lol: 8-)
Don't tread on me
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Buc2 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:12 am Meanwhile, having to figure out the square root of a not-so-random number to log on is still ongoing. I refuse to take the hint, @nybf. :lol: 8-)
This started happening to me yesterday. I “fixed” it by using a vpn and I haven’t had the issue again.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Got a new phone about a month ago and have been frequently been getting logged out. Then I get denied and it asks the square root question. I’ve been sucking it up, but it’s getting old
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Deja Entendu wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 11:07 pm Got a new phone about a month ago and have been frequently been getting logged out. Then I get denied and it asks the square root question. I’ve been sucking it up, but it’s getting old
We are working on it. @Rocker more than anyone. Thank you for being patient.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Please stand by as I continue to fuck shit up.
nybf

Post by nybf »

I had to sign back in and did not have to answer the question. Whatever you did there worked.