Bug Reporting

Activities concerning the forum itself
Snake

Re: Bug Reporting

Post by Snake »

He probably has a browser extension that is stopping it. Maybe anti-virus. Maybe a basic browser setting. It’s not IABL and it’s unlike that it’s a setting in the Windows OS.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

PanteraCanes wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:15 am
IronDog wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:08 am No change. Damn. I guess I'm just gonna have to live with it.
Do you have different devices you can try on?
Hadn't tried my phone yet. Shoulda thunk of that. Damn igornant old fart!
Push the damned button already!
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Rocker wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:58 pm Please use this thread for all issues with currently enabled features.
I thought this was set up so random bots could not log in and post??

Clean up in Off Topic again

BTW, y'all are doing a great job!!!
nybf

Post by nybf »

The board is slow as hell for me today. And I haven't had those issues with any other sites I've visited.

I also just got this message for the 2nd time when trying to read a thread:

Hosting Server Read Timeout
HTTP 502 — Unable to Connect to the Origin Server
Please try again in a few minutes

Error details:
Error Code: HTTP 502
Error Code: Backend or gateway read timeout.
Server ID: 14027
What is going on:
Origin server might be down
GoDaddy network blocked by origin firewall
What can I do to fix it?
If you are just visiting the site, just wait a bit and it should be back soon. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you own the web site, please verify with your hosting company if your server is up and running and if they have our firewall IPs whitelisted. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If the problem persists, open a ticket on our support page and we will assist with troubleshooting.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

nybf wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:45 am The board is slow as hell for me today. And I haven't had those issues with any other sites I've visited.

I also just got this message for the 2nd time when trying to read a thread:

Hosting Server Read Timeout
HTTP 502 — Unable to Connect to the Origin Server
Please try again in a few minutes

Error details:
Error Code: HTTP 502
Error Code: Backend or gateway read timeout.
Server ID: 14027
What is going on:
Origin server might be down
GoDaddy network blocked by origin firewall
What can I do to fix it?
If you are just visiting the site, just wait a bit and it should be back soon. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you own the web site, please verify with your hosting company if your server is up and running and if they have our firewall IPs whitelisted. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If the problem persists, open a ticket on our support page and we will assist with troubleshooting.
I'm also having a little bit of an issue. It's not as bad as shutting down and giving me the errors you're receiving but it is taking up to a minute to post something and then sometimes I have to hit submit again.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

IronDog wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:31 am Curious, but do I need to adjust some setting to see these embedded twitter shots? When I read a thread that someone embedded a twitter post I get a blue blob of text I can not read against the dark grey background (I think it reads Loading Tweet). Now, if I turn around and left click on the blue blob, it opens a new tab and pulls up the twitter post. Fine, but what's the point of having an embedded link like this?

http://www.itsabucslife.com/download/fi ... iew&id=115
Sorry that I am late to this but a few questions.

1) Can you try going directly to twitter.com directly and make sure that it is not being blocked?
2) Check to see if you have any browser add-ons that block scripts from running

My guess is that it is one of those two items more than preferences on the board.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

13F11B wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:52 am
IronDog wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:31 am Curious, but do I need to adjust some setting to see these embedded twitter shots? When I read a thread that someone embedded a twitter post I get a blue blob of text I can not read against the dark grey background (I think it reads Loading Tweet). Now, if I turn around and left click on the blue blob, it opens a new tab and pulls up the twitter post. Fine, but what's the point of having an embedded link like this?

http://www.itsabucslife.com/download/fi ... iew&id=115
Sorry that I am late to this but a few questions.

1) Can you try going directly to twitter.com directly and make sure that it is not being blocked?
2) Check to see if you have any browser add-ons that block scripts from running

My guess is that it is one of those two items more than preferences on the board.
I can access that stupid site, yes. As for #2, I have an ad blocker running, but if I understand your question, and that if is going to be significant, wouldn't other things, such as youtube or web links, like I get with NASA sites, et al, wouldn't they be affected as well? Because I don't seem to have trouble with them.
And, I can deal with this inconvenience, because that's all it really is, when all is said and done.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

IronDog wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:13 pm As for #2, I have an ad blocker running, but if I understand your question, and that if is going to be significant, wouldn't other things, such as youtube or web links, like I get with NASA sites, et al, wouldn't they be affected as well? Because I don't seem to have trouble with them.
And, I can deal with this inconvenience, because that's all it really is, when all is said and done.
That all depends on the way in which Twitter handles it embedded stuff. If your blocker is blocking javascript it might affect Twitter and not Youtube. If you can disable the ad blocker temporarily and test that would help to eliminate that.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Copy that.I'll test that later. Thanks
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Not sure this is the right place but why was my account down for 2 weeks? I sent numerous emails to the Admin email address and got no answer. Funky stuff started happening. I’d be logged in and out and then finally I got locked out of the account. Guess that can be considered a bug? Idk but someone needs to check the email around here.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:40 pm Not sure this is the right place but why was my account down for 2 weeks? I sent numerous emails to the Admin email address and got no answer. Funky stuff started happening. I’d be logged in and out and then finally I got locked out of the account. Guess that can be considered a bug? Idk but someone needs to check the email around here.
I will investigate this to the fullest extent of the law. I’m sure this will be a process, because tbh there’s some technical difficulties with the host. Seriously, it’s annoying as hell. Just getting monthly backups to complete is a major PITA. Meanwhile, do me a favor and check your history for PMs, modmail messages, or anything you can think of that could have been a cause for your account being down.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Rocker wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:46 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:40 pm Not sure this is the right place but why was my account down for 2 weeks? I sent numerous emails to the Admin email address and got no answer. Funky stuff started happening. I’d be logged in and out and then finally I got locked out of the account. Guess that can be considered a bug? Idk but someone needs to check the email around here.
I will investigate this to the fullest extent of the law. I’m sure this will be a process, because tbh there’s some technical difficulties with the host. Seriously, it’s annoying as hell. Just getting monthly backups to complete is a major PITA. Meanwhile, do me a favor and check your history for PMs, modmail messages, or anything you can think of that could have been a cause for your account being down.
The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?p=39659#p39659 . It was made very clear today that personal jabs at posters won't be tolerated. Enjoy Des Moines, I've heard the potato chowder is great.

Wait......What?!?! This was considered a personal jab?? Are you serious?! Don't even know what to say. I had no idea asking someone about an admitted preference in QB style was considered a personal jab. Gonna assume this is why no one responded to my emails either....Amazing.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

What's SUPER rich to me is another mod, @Swashbuckler, even responded to the post with no issues. Didn't consider it a jab at all. Wow, had no idea I got banned for something like this yet other posters are allowed to make threads full of personal jabs at me. Wow.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

I’d suggest, giving your long history of stirring the pot for the sake of having your hand on the ladle, I don’t have any sympathy for your “ban”, and I hope you used that time away to reconsider how you interact with the other members here.

That’s completely up to you. I will neither be moistened or clenched up by your future actions, that’s 100% on the mods. I really don’t care. I occasionally advise that group based on feedback from the community. And the feedback has not been in your favor for a long time.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Tell me you're biased without telling me you're biased.

That's fine. Just get it on record then that the rules are different based on who's posting at that specific time.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:54 pm What's SUPER rich to me is another mod, @Swashbuckler, even responded to the post with no issues. Didn't consider it a jab at all. Wow, had no idea I got banned for something like this yet other posters are allowed to make threads full of personal jabs at me. Wow.
Take it for what it's worth: I was just as sick of ATrain's shit as everyone else but had to (as a Mod) treat him very differently. As a Mod I had to treat him like a moody teenager who wouldn't stop playing in traffic. It sounds like communication was missed between you and Rocker and (to me it seem) the whole reason is that ATrain was off making sammiches (again) and he didn't have any chance to take up for himself and THAT is why Rocker was telling you to lay off. For what it's worth I'd suggest hashing it out in private. Sorry for any bad looks on that end. But while you were gone, NY sniffed out several accounts ATrain made under different IP's like a bloodhound and got ATrain to out himself; thank you by the way NY. He was sent to the void never to return. When he was IP banned, several others went with it by accident (Zarni, MJW, Snake come to mind) because unbeknownst to us the server here likely groups IP's together. That was fixed. Then for his efforts, NY was locked out for whatever reason I can't figure out. But I can only hope what I did fixed it.

This isn't supposed to make you feel better, but you're not alone in some crazy shit. Trust me... no one is targeting you specifically.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Swashbuckler wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:27 am
King Bootz wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:54 pm What's SUPER rich to me is another mod, @Swashbuckler, even responded to the post with no issues. Didn't consider it a jab at all. Wow, had no idea I got banned for something like this yet other posters are allowed to make threads full of personal jabs at me. Wow.
Take it for what it's worth: I was just as sick of ATrain's shit as everyone else but had to (as a Mod) treat him very differently. As a Mod I had to treat him like a moody teenager who wouldn't stop playing in traffic. It sounds like communication was missed between you and Rocker and (to me it seem) the whole reason is that ATrain was off making sammiches (again) and he didn't have any chance to take up for himself and THAT is why Rocker was telling you to lay off. For what it's worth I'd suggest hashing it out in private. Sorry for any bad looks on that end. But while you were gone, NY sniffed out several accounts ATrain made under different IP's like a bloodhound and got ATrain to out himself; thank you by the way NY. He was sent to the void never to return. When he was IP banned, several others went with it by accident (Zarni, MJW, Snake come to mind) because unbeknownst to us the server here likely groups IP's together. That was fixed. Then for his efforts, NY was locked out for whatever reason I can't figure out. But I can only hope what I did fixed it.

This isn't supposed to make you feel better, but you're not alone in some crazy shit. Trust me... no one is targeting you specifically.
I can respect that. And I'm not looking for any sympathy. I just don't wanna get put in the middle of BS. The comment wasn't meant as a dig. I honestly didn't even remember that he was suspended at the time. And honestly I didn't know I got suspended for that.

Water under the bridge now. Glad I got that cleared up with YOU.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

@Admin1

Whenever I go to log on I get the following error msg…

Don't tread on me
Snake

Post by Snake »

Buc2 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:31 pm @Admin1

Whenever I go to log on I get the following error msg…

snip
getting this as well
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

@Buc2 @Snake thanks for reporting it. Working on it.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Primeminister wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:59 pm @Buc2 @Snake thanks for reporting it. Working on it.
Making any progress on this? It's really annoying. :D
Don't tread on me
nybf

Post by nybf »

Maybe write the pw down on a post it stuck to the monitor so you don't keep forgetting it? 😁
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

nybf wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:49 pm Maybe write the pw down on a post it stuck to the monitor so you don't keep forgetting it? 😁
If that was the issue, that would have been pretty funny. The issue is it does that every time...not after 3 unsuccessful attempts. And the PW entered isn't wrong. In fact, it auto-fills from a password manager.
Don't tread on me
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:47 pm
nybf wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:49 pm Maybe write the pw down on a post it stuck to the monitor so you don't keep forgetting it? 😁
If that was the issue, that would have been pretty funny. The issue is it does that every time...not after 3 unsuccessful attempts. And the PW entered isn't wrong. In fact, it auto-fills from a password manager.

This.. and I have to answer every fucking captcha test… who’s number is the square root of 121.. I mean really?!
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Phantom wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:08 pm
Buc2 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:47 pm

This.. and I have to answer every fucking captcha test… who’s number is the square root of 121.. I mean really?!
I had to look that shit up. Even knowing the answer to the square root of 121, I didn’t know what player wore that number. Too bad I can’t set it to answer with my PW manager.
Don't tread on me
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:32 pm
Phantom wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:08 pm

I had to look that shit up. Even knowing the answer to the square root of 121, I didn’t know what player wore that number. Too bad I can’t set it to answer with my PW manager.
Just be glad the correct answer wasn't Adare Obungunwale.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

13F11B wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:19 pm
IronDog wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:13 pm As for #2, I have an ad blocker running, but if I understand your question, and that if is going to be significant, wouldn't other things, such as youtube or web links, like I get with NASA sites, et al, wouldn't they be affected as well? Because I don't seem to have trouble with them.
That all depends on the way in which Twitter handles it embedded stuff. If your blocker is blocking javascript it might affect Twitter and not Youtube. If you can disable the ad blocker temporarily and test that would help to eliminate that.
Do you write JavaScript? And if so are you for hire for a small project?
I said what I said

13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:57 pm
13F11B wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:19 pm

Do you write JavaScript? And if so are you for hire for a small project?
I have no experience with writing JavaScript.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Thanks for responding :)
I said what I said

Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

@Primeminister
I also tried clearing cookies and changing my password. Still getting the error message that I've exceeded the number of tries and have to use the captcha to complete logon.
Don't tread on me
nybf

Post by nybf »

@Primeminister

Maybe make the math problem harder if they're not getting the hint.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

nybf wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:03 pm @Primeminister

Maybe make the math problem harder if they're not getting the hint.
I hate you
nybf

Post by nybf »

:lol:
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

This is under investigation, because fuck math.