Official SuperBowl LVI thread: Bengals v Rams

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Pirate Life

Re: Official SuperBowl LVI thread: Bengals v Rams

Post by Pirate Life »

Most of Burrow’s interceptions this year were in the first few games (half came in the first five games) when he was still adjusting to a new throwing motion (which increased his velocity) and being a bit protective of his knee. His completion percentage was still through the roof (10 games above 70%, 6 above 75%). Lowest bad throw percentage in the league and highest on target percentage as well. He didn’t get those numbers just by his performance in December.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Pirate Life wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:39 am Most of Burrow’s interceptions this year were in the first few games (half came in the first five games) when he was still adjusting to a new throwing motion (which increased his velocity) and being a bit protective of his knee. His completion percentage was still through the roof (10 games above 70%, 6 above 75%). Lowest bad throw percentage in the league and highest on target percentage as well. He didn’t get those numbers just by his performance in December.
I hope he keeps it going. He's special. The Bengals fans deserve this. The Bengals are like the Culverhouse Bucs, only if he named himself GM also and kept the title for 25 years. I'll be rooting hard for them come Sunday. And the league is better with Superstars. In the last few years, we've lost:

- Tom Brady
- Eli Manning
- Drew Brees
- Cam Newton (basically)
- Ben Roethlisberger
- Andrew Luck
- Philips Rivers

We need dudes like Burrow to fill copy going forward.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

MJW wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:12 am I hope he keeps it going. He's special. The Bengals fans deserve this. The Bengals are like the Culverhouse Bucs, only if he named himself GM also and kept the title for 25 years. I'll be rooting hard for them come Sunday. And the league is better with Superstars. In the last few years, we've lost:

- Tom Brady
- Eli Manning
- Drew Brees
- Cam Newton (basically)
- Ben Roethlisberger
- Andrew Luck
- Philips Rivers

AFC is loaded with good young QB talent. Burrow, Hebert, Jackson, Mahomes, and Allen. Potentially joined by Jones and a couple of others. NFC really can’t compete there at the moment.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Pirate Life wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:23 pm
MJW wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:12 am I hope he keeps it going. He's special. The Bengals fans deserve this. The Bengals are like the Culverhouse Bucs, only if he named himself GM also and kept the title for 25 years. I'll be rooting hard for them come Sunday. And the league is better with Superstars. In the last few years, we've lost:

- Tom Brady
- Eli Manning
- Drew Brees
- Cam Newton (basically)
- Ben Roethlisberger
- Andrew Luck
- Philips Rivers

AFC is loaded with good young QB talent. Burrow, Hebert, Jackson, Mahomes, and Allen. Potentially joined by Jones and a couple of others. NFC really can’t compete there at the moment.
Yeah, quite the disparity at the moment. The AFC has those guys you mentioned. The top 5 NFC QBs under 30 right now are probably Dak, Hurts, Murray...and then who knows? Hell, even Hurts isn't a lock to amount to anything at this point.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."