2022 NFL Coaching/GM Carousel thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Swashbuckler

Re: 2022 NFL Coaching/GM Carousel thread

Post by Swashbuckler »

@King Bootz

Just out of sheer curiosity and to pick your brain. Do the reports of Indy appearing to be ready to move on from Wentz after 1 year affect your thoughts on Pederson? For me it just means my suspicions about Wentz are a little more justified but I can't tell if this actually vindicates Pederson. Something has always seemed off in whatever situation Wentz was in. But if a coach knows about a volatile player, how does it STILL turn out that badly? I know "Franchise QB gets benched" is always a delicate situation but goddamn. It's not like this doesn't happen every so often. Most teams make their way through it after things being awkward for a brief period of time. This turned into an atom bomb. Either Wentz is THAT toxic (and all I can do is speculate) or Pederson just straight up said "I don't care" and lost the room over it
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Swashbuckler wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:20 pm @King Bootz

Just out of sheer curiosity and to pick your brain. Do the reports of Indy appearing to be ready to move on from Wentz after 1 year affect your thoughts on Pederson? For me it just means my suspicions about Wentz are a little more justified but I can't tell if this actually vindicates Pederson. Something has always seemed off in whatever situation Wentz was in. But if a coach knows about a volatile player, how does it STILL turn out that badly? I know "Franchise QB gets benched" is always a delicate situation but goddamn. It's not like this doesn't happen every so often. Most teams make their way through it after things being awkward for a brief period of time. This turned into an atom bomb. Either Wentz is THAT toxic (and all I can do is speculate) or Pederson just straight up said "I don't care" and lost the room over it
Pederson didn’t lose the locker room over Wentz. There were reports the locker room was divided on Wentz going back to the SB season. He apparently did not handle the Foles love well at all.

Pederson possibly lost them over benching Hurts for draft status in the final game of the year (no doubt on company’s orders), but no one will ever know if he could have recovered from that because he was fired... most likely over Wentz. Laurie and Roseman chose Wentz over Pederson. Wentz didn’t care and wanted out anyway.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Swashbuckler wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:20 pm @King Bootz

No. If anything it validated my thoughts on Pederson. Reich has won nothing in Indy. 1 playoff win in 4 years and the Colts have already decided to stick with him over Wentz. Even after Wentz cost them a 1st & a 3rd.

Pederson literally won a Super Bowl and the Eagles decided to get rid of both of them 3 years later. If that situation were just about Wentz, it's simple. Get rid of the QB and move on. Hurts was already there. Would've been an easy transition. But the Eagles brass decided the head coach who helped them win a Super Bowl 3 years prior with a backup QB wasn't their guy. Major red flags for me.
Snake

Post by Snake »

What matters more, the guy winning a Super Bowl or him being fired three years later?