NFL QB carousel

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Doctor

NFL QB carousel

Post by Doctor »

Is Watson playing next year? Are the Giants really sticking with Daniel Jones? Lots of questions this offseason.

What are some notable landing spots you predict for next year?

Winston or Matt Ryan will lead the Steelers
Rodgers will be a Bronco
Wilson stays a Seahawk
Watson comes to the NFC South
nybf

Re: NFL QB carousel

Post by nybf »

Doctor wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:49 pm Are the Giants really sticking with Daniel Jones?
Yes. Mara came out and said "We've done everything possible to screw this kid up"
Kress

Post by Kress »

nybf wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:56 pm
Doctor wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:49 pm Are the Giants really sticking with Daniel Jones?
Yes. Mara came out and said "We've done everything possible to screw this kid up"
Given that, the only possible Giants move they could make would be to immediately replace him.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

I wonder if Johnny Wonder Manziel comes riding back
Snake

Post by Snake »

Crocaneers wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:45 pm I wonder if Johnny Wonder Manziel comes riding back
USFL this spring?
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

Crocaneers wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:45 pm I wonder if Johnny Wonder Manziel comes riding back
I think Jeff George will get another shot before Manziel. Several hundred colleges would have to shut down and a new mass virus outbreak would have to happen for that dude to get another shot at the NFL IMHO.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Aaron Rodgers will be whining about how no team picked him up because of his vaccination status.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Doctor wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:49 pm Is Watson playing next year? Are the Giants really sticking with Daniel Jones? Lots of questions this offseason.

What are some notable landing spots you predict for next year?

Winston or Matt Ryan will lead the Steelers
Rodgers will be a Bronco
Wilson stays a Seahawk
Watson comes to the NFC South
This guy is still blowing Winston :lol:
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Kress wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:02 pm

Given that, the only possible Giants move they could make would be to immediately replace him.
Mara said he was going to get help for Jones so they may evaluate him better, so he is definitely there for one more year.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Doctor wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:49 pm Winston or Matt Ryan will lead the Steelers
Rodgers will be a Bronco
You think Atlanta will eat over 9 million in dead cap to trade him? I doubt anyone would trade enough draft capital for a 37 year old Matt Ryan for them to start over with this draft class of QBs.

If Rodgers is traded the Broncos against his will and at his talent level. Wow, that will not be good optics at all for Green Bay.
MJW

Post by MJW »

I'd put the list like this -

Almost Certainly Will Have A New Starting QB:
Washington FT - I can't see them bringing back the same QB room. They'll make a play for someone.
Green Bay Packers - Seems like the Rodgers era is over.
Carolina Panthers - I don't think they have any choice.
Pittsburgh Steelers - Done deal, I assume.
Denver Broncos - Another team that could have an all-new QB room.

Almost Certainly Will Have The Same Starting QB As 2021:
Philadelphia Eagles
Dallas Cowboys
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Atlanta Falcons
Seattle Seahawks
Los Angeles Rams
Arizona Cardinals
New England Patriots
Buffalo Bills
New York Jets
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Browns
Cincinnati Bengals
Indianapolis Colts (I don't think they love him, but they're constrained)
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans (See Colts)
Kansas City Chiefs
Los Angeles Chargers

Could Go Either Way:
New York Giants - My instinct is the new coach gives Daniel Jones a year instead of overdrafting in a bad QB class.
Minnesota Vikings - The new coach may want a clean break from Cousins (and a $35 mil cap savings)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Cries)
New Orleans Saints - They don't have a lot of options. If Jameis takes a sweetheart deal, they'd almost have to bring him back.
Miami Dolphins - Tua *probably* gets one last shot, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.
Oakland Raiders - I'd be surprised if they move on from Carr, but not shocked.
San Francisco 49ers - If Jimmy G wins a Superbowl, can you dump him for Lance?
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

kaimaru wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:57 pm
If Rodgers is traded the Broncos against his will
Rodgers has been pretty damn clear he wants out. Like, clearer than a virgin waterfall in Alaska clear. Pack aint trading him in conference, for obvious reasons. Broncos, Raiders, Steelers are the obvious players atm.

This isn't rocket surgery.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Rocker wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:38 pm
Rodgers has been pretty damn clear he wants out. Like, clearer than a virgin waterfall in Alaska clear. Pack aint trading him in conference, for obvious reasons. Broncos, Raiders, Steelers are the obvious players atm.

I think there's a detailed agreement already in place, and it has been since the Packers adjusted his contract for him last year. I imagine he'll go where he wants to go - in the AFC.

The Broncos make the most sense to me. Decent line, great weapons, good defense.

The Steelers would be interesting, but here's my problem - they'd be largely unable to upgrade a line that was pathetic last year.

Tough to say with the Raiders. There's good talent on the roster, except at wide receiver. I imagine the coaching hire would make a huge difference either way.

I'd throw the Dolphins into the mix. We all know Ross wants a marquee QB. There are some interesting players on offense, including a budding superstar in Waddle. They could send back Tua, who would at least give them options if they're feeling like Love was a mistake. And Aaron has to see how much TB12 loves Florida after all those years in the cold.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

MJW wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:45 pm

I think there's a detailed agreement already in place, and it has been since the Packers adjusted his contract for him last year. I imagine he'll go where he wants to go - in the AFC.

The Broncos make the most sense to me. Decent line, great weapons, good defense.

The Steelers would be interesting, but here's my problem - they'd be largely unable to upgrade a line that was pathetic last year.

Tough to say with the Raiders. There's good talent on the roster, except at wide receiver. I imagine the coaching hire would make a huge difference either way.

I'd throw the Dolphins into the mix. We all know Ross wants a marquee QB. There are some interesting players on offense, including a budding superstar in Waddle. They could send back Tua, who would at least give them options if they're feeling like Love was a mistake. And Aaron has to see how much TB12 loves Florida after all those years in the cold.
Waddle and Gesicki vs the talent that LV and Denver can offer? Eh. Solid point in the Tua return though, hadn't considered that. Don't think the kid would survive at Lambeau, but your point remains.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

What the f…?

No way jose
In a recent article published on ESPN.com, Bill Barnwell suggests that if Tom Brady decides to retire, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers may look at trading for Goff as the “best option available at a reasonable price.”
Dread

Post by Dread »

Yup, Mara also stated they won't be trading for Watson and cited both cap issues and his legal problems.

It's hard to have a more definitive statement of support for your QB than the Giants Owner and new GM had for Jones yesterday.
Dread

Post by Dread »

MJW wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:45 pm

I think Rodgers to Denver makes the most sense.

He has stated a desire to leave Green Bay, although that relationship seems to be mended.

His fiancee has a house near Denver

The Broncos are one of the best rosters in the NFL if you exclude the QB position. On offense they have good young talent at WR, TE, RB, and the Oline. On defense they have solid players also, just need a good DC to keep up what Fangio was doing.
Dread

Post by Dread »

13F11B wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:45 pm Aaron Rodgers will be whining about how no team picked him up because of his vaccination status.
You should quit your day job and do comedy.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Kress wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:02 pm

Seeing as the Giants have a lot of draft capital, including two of the top seven picks, and also seeing as they need to load up in the trenches and this year's draft class on QB's is very weak, the Giants would be wise to bring in a proven vet as a fallback option and take advantage of the fact that this draft class chock full of talented lineman on both sides of the ball.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Dread wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:30 am
13F11B wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:45 pm Aaron Rodgers will be whining about how no team picked him up because of his vaccination status.
I am just tired of him getting upset that people are upset about his vaccination status. He said there were people rooting against the Packers because of it. He made claims that if he did not win MVP it would be because of people holding a grudge about his vaccination status.

Dude made a decision.
Dude has to deal with the consequences.
Dude just have to play football and two years in a row he did not make it to the Super Bowl.

He is a whiner.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

13F11B wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:41 am
I am just tired of him getting upset that people are upset about his vaccination status. He said there were people rooting against the Packers because of it. He made claims that if he did not win MVP it would be because of people holding a grudge about his vaccination status.

Dude made a decision.
Dude just have to play football and two years in a row he did not make it to the Super Bowl.

He is a whiner.
You and the Chicago writer are proving him correct. The writer said he wouldn't vote for him to get MVP, so that's verifiable. Ever since his "immunized" thing you've been trying to bash him at every opportunity. You said he will just quit and walk dogs, shouldn't be the MVP, have argued against his historic accolades and performance...all because of the HIS COVID choice.

You don't see it, do you?

FWIW, I think he's always been sensitive and not a great leader, but that doesn't make him wrong with that statement nor does it take away from his greatness on the field.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Dread wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:30 am

Dude made a decision.

He is a whiner.
You should really re-read that post with a level of self-assessment.

FTR - He was commenting on where an actual MVP voter had publicly stated he would NOT vote for Rodgers b/c of his vaccination status. Which is ridiculous since it's on field performance award.

I get Rodgers is a smug SOB. But the reaction to his vaccine status has been absurd and your an exhibit of that absurdity (just like that ridiculous HoF voter).

If Rodgers is a whiner, what does that make you? :? ;)
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Dread wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:01 pm

Dude made a decision.

He is a whiner.
You should really re-read that post with a level of self-assessment.

FTR - He was commenting on where an actual MVP voter had publicly stated he would NOT vote for Rodgers b/c of his vaccination status. Which is ridiculous since it's on field performance award.

I get Rodgers is a smug SOB. But the reaction to his vaccine status has been absurd and your an exhibit of that absurdity (just like that ridiculous HoF voter).

If Rodgers is a whiner, what does that make you? :? ;)
1) I would not vote for Rodgers for MVP this year because I think Brady is more deserving. It has nothing to do with my dislike of how he handled the media question surrounding his vaccination status nor the fact that he broke NFL rules regarding unvaccinated players. Those are two different issues.

2) My saying he is a whiner is because of his claims of being a victim due to his vaccination status.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/26/sport/aa ... index.html

3) He made claims about his vaccination status affecting the vote as an excuse as to why he might not win ( i believe his comments were before the one writer said that Rodgers antics would affect his vote)

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/01/05/aaron ... vp-chances

4) Instead of being a man regarding his choice he took every opportunity to complain about his being a victim

https://torontosun.com/sports/football/ ... ine-status

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/05/spor ... dgers.html

As for what my pointing out that Rodgers is a spoiled brat baby of a human means about me. It just that I can't stand his antics or behavior. I am under no obligation to think highly of Aaron Rodgers.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Rodgers and his vaccine status totally doesn't trigger you...You sure proved us wrong. (and that statement from Rodgers was right after that Chicago writer's comments, fwiw).
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:52 am

Dude made a decision.

He is a whiner.
You and the Chicago writer are proving him correct. The writer said he wouldn't vote for him to get MVP, so that's verifiable. Ever since his "immunized" thing you've been trying to bash him at every opportunity. You said he will just quit and walk dogs, shouldn't be the MVP, have argued against his historic accolades and performance...all because of the HIS COVID choice.

FWIW, I think he's always been sensitive and not a great leader, but that doesn't make him wrong with that statement nor does it take away from his greatness on the field.
When I said he would quit and walk dogs it was to make fun of him based on the State Farm commercial.
He should not be MVP this year, IMHO, because Brady earned the MVP this season.
I have never argued against his historical accolades. In fact, I agreed that he earned the MVP last season.
None of my dislike for him stems from his Covid vaccination choice. His Covid vaccination choice and his lying about it are just examples that prove what type of human he is. His selfish me first personality has been obvious for years.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

13F11B wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:31 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:52 am

When I said he would quit and walk dogs it was to make fun of him based on the State Farm commercial.
He should not be MVP this year, IMHO, because Brady earned the MVP this season.
I have never argued against his historical accolades. In fact, I agreed that he earned the MVP last season.
None of my dislike for him stems from his Covid vaccination choice. His Covid vaccination choice and his lying about it are just examples that prove what type of human he is. His selfish me first personality has been obvious for years.
Sometimes perception is reality.

You never mentioned him in a bad light until that occurred here. Then you went on a rant and battle multiple posters about he's a POS because of that and now you jump at the chance to disparage him at every instance. You interjected yourself and this COVID status in this thread, unprovoked.
It seems like he triggers you...you bring up the COVID status a majority of the time when speaking about his MVP, new team, etc. You are the person he was referring to rooting against him for his COVID status...

Do you understand how you come across? I mean you argued Bart Starr was a better QB historically without even watching him nor knowing some of his playoff stats. You just appear to need to put him down...while bringing up COVID vaccine status... regularly, even if that's not your intention. Maybe it's subconscious?

He's a back to back MVP winner. He'll be picked up, regardless of what you think about him if he's available. This would likely be the biggest market since Manning was a FA for a great QBs. If this happens, you'll be hearing his name often. Prepare yourself.
Dread

Post by Dread »

13F11B wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:31 pmNone of my dislike for him stems from his Covid vaccination choice.
I can believe that you didn't like Rodgers prior to his 'I'm inoculated" comment right before the season. I didn't either and I still don't. Again, imo he's a smug and entitled SOB. But I also don't judge others based on their vaccine status. I want anyone who wants it to go take it, along with however many boosters they want. Sadly there is this large group of society that does judge the unvaccinated for all kinds of misplaced reasons (mostly tribalism imo).

Imo you are bullshitting yourself and rest of us if you're claiming his choice hasn't triggered your behavior towards him this season.

Just be honest with yourself man. There are many big pro-vax, pro-mandate types who take the Fauci and the CDC as gospel (despite the constantly moving goalposts over the past 2 years) and that group has rallied together to make Rodgers a target of their disdain and jokes. You have repeatedly come across as someone firmly in that camp.

But you're the only one who is claiming that Rodgers public view on his personal decision isn't influencing your repeated disdain for him.

We get it, you just don't seem to.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Dread wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:36 pm Imo you are bullshitting yourself and rest of us if you're claiming his choice hasn't triggered your behavior towards him this season.

Just be honest with yourself man. There are many big pro-vax, pro-mandate types who take the Fauci and the CDC as gospel (despite the constantly moving goalposts over the past 2 years) and that group has rallied together to make Rodgers a target of their disdain and jokes. You have repeatedly come across as someone firmly in that camp.
I am not bothered by his personal decision to not be vaccinated.

I am bothered by the fact that he tried to deceive people about it and broken NFL rules about unvaccinated players. NOT THE DECISION but the I AM SPECIAL BEHAVIOR. Then couple that with the fact that he is not trying to say he is a victim.

ONCE AGAIN. Unvaccinated is his choice. I have two coworkers who are not vaccinated. I respect their choice. It is the deception that Rodgers engaged in and the avoidance of following the procedures he was supposed to follow. My coworkers follow the procedures that have been asked to follow based on their decision regarding the vaccination. They get weekly tests at their expense.

Rodgers's behavior by someone like Mike Evans I would see as an anomaly. Rodgers's behavior is just more affirmation of what a self-absorbed prick he is. My disdain for him is not based on the decision. It is based on the behavior over several years. I don't give a crap if you believe me but at least respect that I am not lying to you.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

I look at the skill players on Denver and think meh. I think Rodgers may just retire instead of doing that trade. Then again, they could afford him and Devante Adams so who knows.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

MJW wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:36 pm
Miami Dolphins - Tua *probably* gets one last shot, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.
Considering Stephen Ross has interviewed more people than anyone else, and has stated publicly that he is only going to hire a coach willing to develop Tua tells me the owner is all in.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

13F11B wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:17 pm
Dread wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:36 pm Imo you are bullshitting yourself and rest of us if you're claiming his choice hasn't triggered your behavior towards him this season.

I am bothered by the fact that he tried to deceive people about it and broken NFL rules about unvaccinated players. NOT THE DECISION but the I AM SPECIAL BEHAVIOR. Then couple that with the fact that he is not trying to say he is a victim.

ONCE AGAIN. Unvaccinated is his choice. I have two coworkers who are not vaccinated. I respect their choice. It is the deception that Rodgers engaged in and the avoidance of following the procedures he was supposed to follow. My coworkers follow the procedures that have been asked to follow based on their decision regarding the vaccination. They get weekly tests at their expense.

Rodgers's behavior by someone like Mike Evans I would see as an anomaly. Rodgers's behavior is just more affirmation of what a self-absorbed prick he is. My disdain for him is not based on the decision. It is based on the behavior over several years. I don't give a crap if you believe me but at least respect that I am not lying to you.
Anyone mentions Aaron Rodgers.

13F11B:
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

kaimaru wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:24 pm
13F11B wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:17 pm

Anyone mentions Aaron Rodgers.

13F11B:
That is fair. I don't like the dude. Despite my not liking him he is a great QB.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Oh I agree he is an all around asshat who disowned his whole family because he is petty and bitter. I also read that he and his fiance decided to avoid topics on which they disagreed, and that they disagree on a lot of things. She told him in the beginning to never discuss politics with her.

That sounds like it will be a happy marriage. /s

So yes, there is a lot to not like about Aaron Rodgers. The thing is, that I don't care enough about him to annoy me.

I agree, he is a great QB.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Dread wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:24 am

Yup, Mara also stated they won't be trading for Watson and cited both cap issues and his legal problems.

It's hard to have a more definitive statement of support for your QB than the Giants Owner and new GM had for Jones yesterday.
Mara got Giant fans all like

Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Jimmy G going into his final year...