Walk The Plank- 2021 Season

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Defense5599

Walk The Plank- 2021 Season

Post by Defense5599 »

My Walk The Plank for the 2021 season goes to Antonio Brown. He basically milked an injury to collect his salary, then embarrassed himself and the team in New York after a spat with Arians. I don't know if it was CTE or if he's just crazy, but he abandoned this team and they might've beaten the Rams had he been fully healthy and available.

Honorable Mention to Todd Bowles whose unit was exposed as a liability all season. I know the unit was riddled with injuries but that's no excuse. His play calling was flat out atrocious in the Rams game.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Cheb

Re: Walk The Plank- 2021 Season

Post by Cheb »

Bowles is so hit-and-miss. He has moments of brilliance and his overall plans are often good, but the defense has collapsed in the biggest moments far too often to be comfortable, playing soft when we need to contest offenses and playing super aggressive when the risk is high and the reward is low (see the Kupp reception).

My walk the plank is easily Antonio Brown. Fuck that guy.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Bowles
White
SMB
Pinion (can't choke like that)
Monero

Post by Monero »

The 2021 draft class.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Monero wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:16 am The 2021 draft class.
Good answer Bootz.

Kinda crazy when the 7th round pick contributes more than anyone else. A far cry from the days when all the picks were starting.
Monero

Post by Monero »

Snake wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:18 am
Monero wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:16 am The 2021 draft class.
Good answer Bootz.

Kinda crazy when the 7th round pick contributes more than anyone else. A far cry from the days when all the picks were starting.
We don't win the SB last year without our draft class. Wirfs gave Brady a brick wall of protection. AWJ saved the season vs the Saints in the playoffs. Vaughn got us points vs the Chargers which helped win that game. Johnson made an incredible catch vs the Saints in the playoffs that contributed to our win. Contrast that to the 2021 draft class, where Joe Tryon did next to nothing. Trask never even wore a uniform. Hainsey did nothing. Britt did nothing. Darden was a liability as a kick returner. This loss is seeded in the draft and our lack of action in FA to do anything to upgrade the roster. Meanwhile the Rams beat us with Stafford, Von Miller, and OBJ who were all 2021 additions. They tried to win, we tried to stay the same. The results speak for themself.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I am going to give it to Jason Licht and Todd Bowles. Licht because he did not address the weakness in the secondary that was obvious last season. He did not address the defensive line well enough either.
MJW

Post by MJW »

13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:24 pm I am going to give it to Jason Licht and Todd Bowles. Licht because he did not address the weakness in the secondary that was obvious last season. He did not address the defensive line well enough either.
We were 3 deep at corner and 3 deep at safety. They combined to miss 24 games. The main guy we brought in to help played like 10 quarters. I don't blame OBP for any of that.

The defensive line, I agree. And it's going to be a huge problem going forward. We have to rebuild that unit and we have NOTHING behind the guys leaving.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."